2nd Strongest Faction?

Options
2»

Comments

• Werian - Sanctuary
    Werian - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I can agree with last one, i also think that steel is 2nd strongest faction, although they dont have land yet. We will see that b:chuckle
    ~I'm standing in shadows looking how new heroes to rise and how old ones fall like me, long forgotten, waiting people to remember them. If only I would have strength to rise again~
  • seduce
    seduce Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well I thought it was Outlaw but now I think it is Steel

Outlaw WAS never a strong faction to begin with... They only had lands in the past... they HAD lots of strong players but few loyal/dedicated ones and alot of LOSER players who cant take the stress of having PVP TW every weekend and leave. That is why they fell to steel last week.

Steel wont be on the map for long... mayb give them a month? and the faction will fall b:laugh

P.s: Noticed i was using past tense all the while?
  • erloc
    erloc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    b:victoryb:shockedb:laugh
  • Guenn - Sanctuary
    Guenn - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Still alive....and the pulse is strong....b:victory
  • IronCleric - Sanctuary
    IronCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well I thought it was Outlaw but now I think it is Steel

Steel? Elaborate please?
    Is it because of all their egotastic members in the faction or is there another reason? b:chuckle
    1 Corinthians 13:4-13
  • Werian - Sanctuary
    Werian - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    <.<; too much complaining about steel for now, well steel has some high lvls but only 2 lands. Legendary has good ppl in my mind so it could be 2nd strongest faction never know cos balance is fragile
    ~I'm standing in shadows looking how new heroes to rise and how old ones fall like me, long forgotten, waiting people to remember them. If only I would have strength to rise again~
  • Devablade - Sanctuary
    Devablade - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Is it because of all their egotastic members in the faction or is there another reason?

Afaik Steel wants TW for pvp fun not for the actual land. I joined Steel to have fun killing people and enjoy the fights(sad that there was no outlaw). As far as Steel members ego... if you are gonna generalize you might as well say every faction is egotastic cause atleast 1 member of every guild has his head up his ars.

I actualy wanted to fight a lv2 land but since Leg will prob go for Dream my chances grow slim. I do not join factions like Leg and Nef cause they do not seem to want to have good worth while fights. When was the last time any of those 2 factions had an actual fight? Leg vs shock and Nef never really had 1 worth it.
    And besides i have always had a thirst for Nef blood even when Nef was still rec 20/30+. But yeah i was blue back then xD.

AS far as 2nd strongest faction.. It all depends on how you categorize 'strong'. If you consider land being the deciding factor then yes its Leg. If you talk about player base and lvs, it could prob be a tie between a few factions. If its all about members and leadership it might not even be a known faction.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The real fights will come.. each faction just wants their wallet as big as possible before hand.. I haven't been in nef long.. but the fights against rebirth were pretty fun and not like 15 minute affairs..

It pretty much makes sense to go after the weaker people first ... if you don't take out the weaker first.. then when nef and leg attacked each other.. tons of the smaller factions would attack all at once hoping to pick at the scraps and get their little piece of land

you say steel wants TW for pvp fun .. not land.. why on earth did you go after the weakest land holder then.. to me that seems like you want land and couldn't care less about the quality of pvp

Second strongest faction could be a toss up.. I have never fought leg .. never fought steel.. just because you have a certain amount of land doesn't mean you are necessarily the best..
  • Devablade - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    you say steel wants TW for pvp fun .. not land.. why on earth did you go after the weakest land holder then.. to me that seems like you want land and couldn't care less about the quality of pvp
    I actualy wanted to fight a lv2 land

Boy asked me to join cause they want a lv 2 land fight. You need 2 lv 3 lands and 1 adjecent to it. And second, i joined steel after they won the first land vs Outlaw and there was a no show for the second 1 so yeah... I have never joined a faction for land. My stay in Sepp and Lum really showed my thirst for land didn`t it....

I was in shockwave from the start and i left even when they had 4 lands, wtf is a payment gonna do, i farm my stuff i dont need money. Sure it was nice but it def was not necessary.

I rather be with people i enjoy being with then a bunch of ..... who just want everything handed to them on a silver platter.

All i am saying is good fights would be much more common if holding land had no income. If there was a TW/kills ranking system where you gained/lost points for killing people that are close to or equal lv.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You are getting mighty defensive there o.O

You spoke saying steel didn't want land (as far as you know).. I commented on that.. saying it seemed rather wrong.. I never said you wanted tons of land or anything.. read what I wrote.. my use of "you" was directed at steel as a whole ... I didn't mean that you personally attacked outlaw for easy land

and as for your comment about wanting everything handed to them on a silver platter.. lol thats funneh
  • Devablade - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i like to get arguments going :)
  • seduce
    seduce Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Afaik Steel wants TW for pvp fun not for the actual land. I joined Steel to have fun killing people and enjoy the fights(sad that there was no outlaw). As far as Steel members ego... if you are gonna generalize you might as well say every faction is egotastic cause atleast 1 member of every guild has his head up his ars.

I actualy wanted to fight a lv2 land but since Leg will prob go for Dream my chances grow slim. I do not join factions like Leg and Nef cause they do not seem to want to have good worth while fights. When was the last time any of those 2 factions had an actual fight? Leg vs shock and Nef never really had 1 worth it.

Lol? if you wanted TW for pvp or fight a lvl 2 land so badly might as well join outlaw 3-4 weeks ago where u get tons of pvp TW...
  • Devablade - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    seduce wrote: »
    Lol? if you wanted TW for pvp or fight a lvl 2 land so badly might as well join outlaw 3-4 weeks ago where u get tons of pvp TW...

I know 0 people in Outlaw i have always found them very mysterious. And i never even knew they had an intention of taking a lv2 land i must of missed that :)
    I joined Steel cause i know a few people from past times + i joined with every1 that actualy keeps me from quiting xD. Xept Byno cause she is too good for me :D

+ who are you? :p
  • Guenn - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    My ego would love to say Shockwave lol.....

I hate to say it but i would have to say Legendary because they seem more like a faction as opposed to Nef who are just a bunch of people who are there for money....many people i know in Nef dont even like Nef lol.....Its a bit too early too really judge Steel so far....but they definately are strong......and Deva stop picking on the wife lol....she thinks she too good for everyone lol

The Pulse Grows Stronger Every Second.....b:victory
  • Earcher - Sanctuary
    Earcher - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I hate to say it but i would have to say Legendary because they seem more like a faction as opposed to Nef who are just a bunch of people who are there for money....many people i know in Nef dont even like Nef lol.....

this is more like a flaming post
    Elfen Lied is my life
  • Mallakai - Sanctuary
    Mallakai - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I dunno about the Strongest factions, but i do know about factions that have some respect for other ppl. I have worked with plenty of people from other factions such as Regicide, Outlaw, NWO. Just recently I had 5 members from Legendary however help me on FB51. They pretty much left me behind as they done their thing and thats fine i suppose, not uncommon by any means with high lvls. So after the first 2 bosses in 51, obviously, you have to go back and get the third tab. Since none of them were willing show a first timer in a 51fb to the door they encouraged me to use town portal, so great done that. Get the 3rd tab and come back. The entire time of making our way to the 3rd boss i told them about 5 times i needed Mobs from the instance still. I guess that was not in their agenda because i was blatantly ignored. They mad their way to the 3rd boss and killed it picking up EVERY drop including 2 molds. When i asked them about my unfinished mobs they said nothing and left squad. Leaving me in the instance with no way to get out (already used portal skill as instructed by them) only to be killed by the remaining mobs in the instance trying to find the Exit. Nice Experience.

So I can't say the most powerful factions but i do have alot more respect for a faction that treats people like human beings.
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    My ego would love to say Shockwave lol.....

I hate to say it but i would have to say Legendary because they seem more like a faction as opposed to Nef who are just a bunch of people who are there for money....many people i know in Nef dont even like Nef lol.....Its a bit too early too really judge Steel so far....but they definately are strong......and Deva stop picking on the wife lol....she thinks she too good for everyone lol

The Pulse Grows Stronger Every Second.....b:victory

I seriously LOLed at this post.... b:chuckle b:chuckle

Looks like someone likes to sit around and pass blind judgment on the basis of "many people i know in Nef" ... Is it that you cant speak for yourself and say that thats how YOU feel about Nef.... lol...

Let me assure you... you have no idea what Nef is... and fortunately for us...you never will. ^_^

~Morgul
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I seriously LOLed at this post.... b:chuckle b:chuckle

Looks like someone likes to sit around and pass blind judgment on the basis of "many people i know in Nef" ... Is it that you cant speak for yourself and say that thats how YOU feel about Nef.... lol...

Let me assure you... you have no idea what Nef is... and fortunately for us...you never will. ^_^

~Morgul

This is a thread about people's opinions on different factions. He gave his opinion on what he's heard from people who are in Nef, because he's not in Nef. What else are you supposing he's going to base his opinion on? You should be more concerned about the members who are saying they're only in Nef for the money, don't you think? It doesn't really help your own opinion that Nef is full of good people if you come and rip on him as opposed to giving counter evidence. But anyway.

I'd have to say Legendary is second strongest. Steel seems to have the levels, but they don't have the experience or income that Leg does. Leg are veterans, they know what they're doing and they fight hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Earcher - Sanctuary
    Earcher - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    This is a thread about people's opinions on different factions. He gave his opinion on what he's heard from people who are in Nef, because he's not in Nef. What else are you supposing he's going to base his opinion on? You should be more concerned about the members who are saying they're only in Nef for the money, don't you think? It doesn't really help your own opinion that Nef is full of good people if you come and rip on him as opposed to giving counter evidence. But anyway.

I'd have to say Legendary is second strongest. Steel seems to have the levels, but they don't have the experience or income that Leg does. Leg are veterans, they know what they're doing and they fight hard.

dont u speak for your faction when someone has insulted it?
    what if im here saying ur faction is just a bunch of ppl who only care about loots from fbs? do u feel offended?
    Elfen Lied is my life
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options

Eh... counter evidence? Why? When there is no evidence to his claims anyway.. wheres the question of providing counter evidence.

I was merely concerned about the statement : "opposed to Nef who are just a bunch of people who are there for money" which I still firmly believe is a blind judgment passed by someone who has no idea about the guild. Just a baseless statement by a person who clearly is very vocal about something he is completely ignorant about.

Its obvious that I reacted in the manner which I did.

I agree that everyone is entitled to his own opinion. But then again, he'll need to word it as an opinion... and not state it as if it were a fact. Read it carefully... thats what it looks like.

~Morgul
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Oh I'm not debating your reasons for responding to it, I understand that no one wants to hear negative things about their faction. My point is that he's basing his opinions off of what Nef members have told him about their experiences with the faction, and what they think of it, and so it's not entirely 'baseless'. I personally have never met a Nef member that seemed unpleasant to me, and so I have nothing against Nef, but my opinion isn't baseless either; I'm basing it off of what I've experience from Nef's members. The members make the faction.

I agree that everyone is entitled to his own opinion. But then again, he'll need to word it as an opinion... and not state it as if it were a fact. Read it carefully... thats what it looks like.

~Morgul

But when you told him they he knows absolutely nothing about Nef, and that he'll never be in Nef, that was your personal opinion as well, but you stated it as fact. It's just something people do.

Really, like I said I understand why someone would be offended at something negative being said about their faction. What bothered me was that you became defensive, and instead of responding in the manner of 'I think you're wrong, and this is why', you responded more 'you're a flamer, you're wrong and we don't want you'. Something like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    But when you told him they he knows absolutely nothing about Nef, and that he'll never be in Nef, that was your personal opinion as well, but you stated it as fact. It's just something people do.

That was not my opinion and hence was not meant to be read as one. When he threw a blanket statement saying everyone in Nef is in it for the money, I know for a fact he knows nothing about Nef. And about him never being in Nef, I can tell that as a fact as well. :)
    Really, like I said I understand why someone would be offended at something negative being said about their faction. What bothered me was that you became defensive, and instead of responding in the manner of 'I think you're wrong, and this is why', you responded more 'you're a flamer, you're wrong and we don't want you'. Something like that.

Quite frankly, to someone who does not take the time to know a guild and passes judgment over it for a whim or whatever reason, I dont think I have any reason to take 'I think you're wrong, and this is why' approach. I would have, if he had worded himself better. If you call it being defensive... then that's it.

Anyway, I think we have gone off topic here and quite far at that. I rest my case.

~Morgul
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Guenn - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Morgul...i was stating an opinion if it came across differently ill apologize for that...but just for the record....i was in Nef...stayed for about a week....before I left...so please get your facts straight please....
  • Dark_kuma - Sanctuary
    Dark_kuma - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Quite a few people have had the experience of being in Nef Mogul.. But I wont run my mouth, I still have a fair few friends in Nef, keep in mind most I was friends with before joining. But yeah a fair number of them left. Says a lot I think.

It wasn't until after I had joined and saw what the majority of the players inside are like until my opinion lowered.

I still have respect for Nef as a faction and some of it's major players, but of which that respect goes to is very few in comparison.
  • Xaratul - Sanctuary
    Xaratul - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I still have respect for Nef as a faction and some of it's major players, but of which that respect goes to is very few in comparison.

hmmm.... Same goes for any faction. We have bad experiences with some members, good experiences with others. Guenn's statement was indeed stated as his fact if we read it again. And it is flaming, whatever his intentions were. Going by the topic of this thread and the posts before his, my reaction was "What was that for?" when I read his post. Morgul was right in pointing this out.

And seriously, if you don't like the faction you're in (after experiencing and giving it a chance to work for for more than a week), find a faction that fits your gameplay and standards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~NefariousNecromancer
  • YngWiE - Sanctuary
    YngWiE - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I think the moral of the story here is that everyone likes their own faction, 'cause if they didn't, they'd have left already. xD
  • Lee_Hyori - Sanctuary
    Lee_Hyori - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I think the moral of the story here is that everyone likes their own faction, 'cause if they didn't, they'd have left already. xD

Amen

(must have 10 char.........)
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You don't have to like your faction, to stay in it for friends.
  • slymeria
    slymeria Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i think any of the people on the map could be considered the best xD