Desperate faction VS old school gamer ?

Options
2»

Comments

• draug
    draug Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    As an executor in the faction you are referring to I will shed a little truth on your thread. The person you spoke to in your screenshot is not, and never has been, a member of our faction. You should perhaps take the time in the future to make sure people you talk to are who they say they are. Also we do not bribe, whether in coin or items, anyone to join us. I also fail to see how letting people we do talk to know that we can help them get their TTs and FBs done constitutes bribing.

If your members don't want to be asked about joining a new faction they have the option , just as anyone else does, of saying no and using blacklist if they feel the person is asking too many times.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Honestly why does everyone go to the blacklist ****. People shouldnt harass others to the point where they need the blacklist. Unfortunetaly the world is full of mentally touched people that think what they want is all that matters. That they have the right to bug someone till they get what they want. PW really needs to start suspending people who get on too many blacklist.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ...PW really needs to start suspending people who get on too many blacklist.

The best suggestion I've seen in months!
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The best suggestion I've seen in months!
    *Blacklists everyone*

~S
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    *Blacklists everyone*

~S

I'll one-up you on that.

*blacklists self*
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    you are so right-the faction i belong to has been torn apart this week by a larger one luring away all our highest level players. it has been a very painful, sad week, losing so many friends, usually without a word. the word out and about, from players from other factions, is that the big ones view the midlevel factions as their 'training guilds', training farms, for future TW fighters.

that stinks, to me. and, for the big guilds, shortsighted, because by stripping out the high level players from midlevle groups, they are removing from the group the very people that help train up others to be high level. if they were smart, they would have training farms of their own, and as players reach a level useful to them, allow that person to move into the main faction.

thereby leaving the rest of us alone, with our midlevel factions. not all of us are land hungry-some of us just enjoy the friendship of our faction companions.

Here's something i can't figure out...

For some time now I've been hearing about a certain faction trying to bribe high lvl players to join them for TW. I had the "bribe attempt" twice from the same faction, different members. They promise you all you can dream of if you leave your current faction and join them. Doing same trick with faction leaders in order to merge. Last thing I've heard about these guys is that they were getting rude when a faction leader dared to turn them down.

I don't want to get in too much details, just want to know some more opinions, cause this is like the first time i see this happening in a MMO without ending with a huge war between factions/guilds. I honestly find it offensive to steal members from another faction... but maybe i'm an old school gamer and this is the latest trend in MMO so i should just obey...b:sweat

Please discuss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • dieho
    dieho Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    you are so right-the faction i belong to has been torn apart this week by a larger one luring away all our highest level players. it has been a very painful, sad week, losing so many friends, usually without a word. the word out and about, from players from other factions, is that the big ones view the midlevel factions as their 'training guilds', training farms, for future TW fighters.

that stinks, to me. and, for the big guilds, shortsighted, because by stripping out the high level players from midlevle groups, they are removing from the group the very people that help train up others to be high level. if they were smart, they would have training farms of their own, and as players reach a level useful to them, allow that person to move into the main faction.

thereby leaving the rest of us alone, with our midlevel factions. not all of us are land hungry-some of us just enjoy the friendship of our faction companions.

guess they dont enjoy your company as much as you enjoy theirs or they wouldnt be leaving you.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    bah dieho beat me to it, but here is a more detailed response.

Larger factions didnt "force" them to leave at all, they saw befits there that their current guild could not provide and chose the better option. If a guild stagnates and does not offer its members something new then its bound to die.
    I play for friendship (alltho I've yet to make one real friend on PWI) but I also want to get to lvl 83 again like on my prev server and hopefully make some money to buy a herc and do fun stuff with my guildies like killing world bosses or dieing horribly while we attack guilds 100x stronger than us in TW. Its all part of the experience for me.

Oh and guilds work hard on training members, but if there is already a trained and ready person available it makes very much sense to use the opportunity for instant satisfaction. Big guilds also lose "friends" on a daily basis, the simple fact is those ppl where never friends to begin with. They do things for their own selfish reasons when push comes to shove. I wish I could say there is a guild with only members that all work with a bigger goal in mind - but there just isnt.