Desperate faction VS old school gamer ?

SilverTease - Heavens Tear
SilverTease - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Here's something i can't figure out...

For some time now I've been hearing about a certain faction trying to bribe high lvl players to join them for TW. I had the "bribe attempt" twice from the same faction, different members. They promise you all you can dream of if you leave your current faction and join them. Doing same trick with faction leaders in order to merge. Last thing I've heard about these guys is that they were getting rude when a faction leader dared to turn them down.

I don't want to get in too much details, just want to know some more opinions, cause this is like the first time i see this happening in a MMO without ending with a huge war between factions/guilds. I honestly find it offensive to steal members from another faction... but maybe i'm an old school gamer and this is the latest trend in MMO so i should just obey...b:sweat

Please discuss.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~ Attitude Marshal ~
b:pleased I love my Neph b:pleased
Post edited by SilverTease - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009

For some time now I've been hearing about a certain faction trying to bribe high lvl players to join them for TW. I had the "bribe attempt" twice from the same faction, different members. They promise you all you can dream of if you leave your current faction and join them. Doing same trick with faction leaders in order to merge. Last thing I've heard about these guys is that they were getting rude when a faction leader dared to turn them down.

I don't want to get in too much details, just want to know some more opinions, cause this is like the first time i see this happening in a MMO without ending with a huge war between factions/guilds. I honestly find it offensive to steal members from another faction... but maybe i'm an old school gamer and this is the latest trend in MMO so i should just obey...b:sweat

Please discuss.

I've been saying all along that there is a lot of preasure for high levels in small guilds to join the big guilds.

Never heard a case like this but I'm sure it happens
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Please discuss.

Yes a couple of the big named factions do that. Nothing new about it. However it does suck big time. We have fought against a few smaller factions that have used mercs also.

I say if they invite offer you all that I say take it then leave them once they give it to. tell all your friends to do the same.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverTease - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Yes a couple of the big named factions do that. Nothing new about it. However it does suck big time. We have fought against a few smaller factions that have used mercs also.

I say if they invite offer you all that I say take it then leave them once they give it to. tell all your friends to do the same.

I don't see any point in that except create confusion in the small faction.

As for the pressure, i know there is... it's normal for a big faction to want to get as many high lvls as possible, but it's a difference between trying and forcing. I've had offers from other factions on Heaven's Tear, but once i've said no, they understood and respected my decision. The faction which im complaining about (and will remain un-named) can't take no for an answer - that's what bothers me a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You could not pay me enough to join a faction that buys players. I don't care WHAT you can give me I will not be part of it. If people join based on money like that, they are just greedy punks that I want nothing to do with.

If you join a guild for money, you joined for the wrong reasons.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009

As for the pressure, i know there is... it's normal for a big faction to want to get as many high lvls as possible, but it's a difference between trying and forcing. I've had offers from other factions on Heaven's Tear, but once i've said no, they understood and respected my decision. The faction which im complaining about (and will remain un-named) can't take no for an answer - that's what bothers me a lot.
    Be polite. Tell them you said no, and that No is a complete sentence and you should not need to repeat it, if they continue to ask, you will simply start blacklisting them and suggest to your faction members to do the same.

If THAT doesn't get it across, I'd start naming names.

~S
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009

I have seen things that are a bit offensive IMO. One day, I was squading with guild members and somebody jumped in the squad and was recruiting the high levels on the squad only and ignoring the rest.

Keep in mind high levels in small guild do not get help inside the guild and have no reason for staying in the guild other than sharing time with friends and helping lower levels.

Lack of TW, guild wars (not same as TW), Guild quests, Politics and guild profit bussines is a big issue.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Uhh why not? If they pay you to come fight for them in TW and it won't affect your own guild, why not get free money? But just make sure you get the money upfront. b:victory But I wouldn't take what they offer and leave like others suggested. Thats just...not cool. I wouldn't do that on a pve or pk server. But on a pk server, that might cause problems for you.

As for merging guilds, what weak guild wouldn't want to merge with a stronger one. It's better for everyone.
    edited March 2009
    You could not pay me enough to join a faction that buys players. I don't care WHAT you can give me I will not be part of it. If people join based on money like that, they are just greedy punks that I want nothing to do with.

If you join a guild for money, you joined for the wrong reasons.

Guess why i said no, and why all my guildies said no...
    Be polite. Tell them you said no, and that No is a complete sentence and you should not need to repeat it, if they continue to ask, you will simply start blacklisting them and suggest to your faction members to do the same.

If THAT doesn't get it across, I'd start naming names.

~S

That's what i'm trying to do... Hope they can understand and back-off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
    edited March 2009
    Uhh why not? If they pay you to come fight for them in TW and it won't affect your own guild, why not get free money? But just make sure you get the money upfront. b:victory But I wouldn't take what they offer and leave like others suggested. Thats just...not cool. I wouldn't do that on a pve or pk server. But on a pk server, that might cause problems for you.

As for merging guilds, what weak guild wouldn't want to merge with a stronger one. It's better for everyone.

Thats just against all my gaming ideas...

What guild wouldn't join? One that hates pressure, drama, corruption, dumb-asses and TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
    edited March 2009
    I have seen things that are a bit offensive IMO. One day, I was squading with guild members and somebody jumped in the squad and was recruiting the high levels on the squad only and ignoring the rest.

Keep in mind high levels in small guild do not get help inside the guild and have no reason for staying in the guild other than sharing time with friends and helping lower levels.

Lack of TW, guild wars (not same as TW), Guild quests, Politics and guild profit bussines is a big issue.

That's gotta suck... i would have prolly blacklisted the guy just for trying that lol.

As for the high lvls... we have enough... and we're not exactly a small faction
    b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009

What guild wouldn't join? One that hates pressure, drama, corruption, dumb-asses and TW.

I encourage guild mates to go to other guilds (if invited) to participate in TW and gain experience and later return.

Yes, you lose some like that but those who you lose were not with you for the right reasons.

If you have a pet for long time and one day you left the door open and he left you you forever. You did not have the right home for him. At least with humans this should be correct.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If you have a pet for long time and one day you left the door open and he left you forever. You did not have the right home for him.
    Unless he found himself under the wheels of a car, or something similar.

~S
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Unless he found himself under the wheels of a car, or something similar.

~S

HA HA HA. Good oneb:laugh
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Lawl.

All I can say is that I hope I meet the guys who were bribing people. I'd love the opportunity to **** them off by refusing them. XD

Big TW factions are made of fail and drama, people. Actually I happen to believe most factions are, but to be fair, I like to see the map not dominated by 2 or 3 colors (inasmuch as I care), so the smaller TW guilds kind of have my support by default.

Of course, if it were me, I'd rather just see no TWs and not have to see a guild name plastered over every area I enter, but... eh. *puts on anti-flame vest*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
    edited March 2009
    I encourage guild mates to go to other guilds (if invited) to participate in TW and gain experience and later return.

Yes, you lose some like that but those who you lose were not with you for the right reasons.

If you have a pet for long time and one day you left the door open and he left you you forever. You did not have the right home for him. At least with humans this should be correct.

It's not the case... i'm NOT holding my guildies on a leesh... even if i'd want to, im just an executor so i dont have the power to do that. Since my guild mates are complaining about being bribed, i doubt they'd wanna join TW against my personal wishes......... I'm talking about our old members that value other things then TW and cash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Being overly persistant is never a good thing, I'll give you that.

However there is a lot to be said about the 50 million guilds with 20-30 active ppl in them while at the same time 2 or 3 guilds dominate TW and rake in all the money, making their members ridiculousley rich and powerfull.
    The server really could use some merges of smaller guilds so we can put some new colours on the TW map and split the money among everyone, not just 1 guild.

Oh and lastley not all guilds are drama fests, sure there are tons of guild sout there that just dont get pvp or leaders to soft to kick troublemakers etc. You just need to find the right guild and you could have a lot of fun.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Chances are, whatever guild ur referring to isn't strong at all.
    "Strong" guilds on HT don't beg a lvl 86 with no TW reputation to join.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
    edited March 2009
    Oh and lastley not all guilds are drama fests, sure there are tons of guild sout there that just dont get pvp or leaders to soft to kick troublemakers etc. You just need to find the right guild and you could have a lot of fun.

That's until some other faction will start messing with your fun b:infuriated
    Chances are, whatever guild ur referring to isn't strong at all.
    "Strong" guilds on HT don't beg a lvl 86 with no TW reputation to join.

Damn right it's not strong.. that's the point of this thread... since they got to beg and bribe... thought i got it wrong, but seems they are the ones who got it wrong.

EDIT: you make it sound so bad to have no rep in TW... does it even matter? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
    edited March 2009

Guild merging has to happen. People are **** if they think they are taking anything off the map with a 30 person guild full of people wearing npc ****. Meanwhile, the dominating guilds people are getting 2m salary a week.

edited March 2009
    Guild merging has to happen. People are **** if they think they are taking anything off the map with a 30 person guild full of people wearing npc ****. Meanwhile, the dominating guilds people are getting 2m salary a week.

you're missing my point... i don't give a sh*t about getting in TW, factions that do TW and players with 2m salary a week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
    edited March 2009

you're missing my point... i don't give a sh*t about getting in TW, factions that do TW and players with 2m salary a week.

OK then for the people that care about it, guild merging has to happen. b:bored
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    OK then for the people that care about it, guild merging has to happen. b:bored

I understand you but I do not agree with Guild Merging. Alliances sounds better.
  • Elena - Heavens Tear
    Elena - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    What some of you are missing is that there are factions that don't play for power but for fun. And in those factions can be allot of high lvl that are in that faction for a reason. What happens in some big factions is that's its full with drama.
    There are lots and I mean lots of players that don't need that ****, don't play for power, they just wanna enjoy the game there own way. The faction that is recruiting where SilverTease is talking about don't respect that. And that is what is bugging allot of people.
    If people say no, if the leader say no stop asking then, how hard is the word no.
    edited March 2009
    I understand you but I do not agree with Guild Merging. Alliances sounds better.

so sorry PW doesn't have that b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
    edited March 2009
    What some of you are missing is that there are factions that don't play for power but for fun. And in those factions can be allot of high lvl that are in that faction for a reason. What happens in some big factions is that's its full with drama.
    There are lots and I mean lots of players that don't need that ****, don't play for power, they just wanna enjoy the game there own way. The faction that is recruiting where SilverTease is talking about don't respect that. And that is what is bugging allot of people.
    If people say no, if the leader say no stop asking then, how hard is the word no.

well mylady... some people have psychological problems when it comes to a negative answer... makes them go on and on... i'm not willing to take this cr.ap anymore, HT will see a WC war, and some name calling on forums if it won't stop. Tried too long to be nice with them. Case closed as far as i'm concerned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited March 2009

You can't really decide whats "fun" for everyone. I enjoy TW just as much as doing some random aoe party with some friends. TW isn't ONLY a "zomg our guild is da best" thing, its also fun if you go into it with the right attitude.
    There are players that can only have "fun" when they cause drama, or when they are the higest lvl or w/e, thats why there are guilds that suit everyones needs.
    Being in a big guild and having fun is'nt mutually exclusive, there are guilds out there thats fairly large and still retain the no-drama fun factor.
    edited March 2009
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
  • Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Just a question, how does 2 guilds actually fight on a PvE server ? I don't want to start a debate, don't want to get PvE server down or anything. I am just curious. Because if you start a war with Legion but they just hide behind their shield and continue to bribe (spelling) your members, what you gonna do about it ?

- Amy
    edited March 2009
    Just a question, how does 2 guilds actually fight on a PvE server ? I don't want to start a debate, don't want to get PvE server down or anything. I am just curious. Because if you start a war with Legion but they just hide behind their shield and continue to bribe (spelling) your members, what you gonna do about it ?

- Amy

Nothing lol. All they can do is talk trash while the people steal their members. b:chuckle
  • Taiyed - Heavens Tear
    Taiyed - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Since you brought it here, I'll bring this here too.
    it's not fair to any faction on heaven's tear to ignore them and do nothing about it.

btw.. forgot to mention... he's actually warning a non-TW, blue named faction with a PVP war b:embarrass
    Again, no one in the screen shot you posted is in Legion. Currently standing at the S auctioneer in Arch if you wanna verify my guild tag, but yeah... You took that guy for face value without even verifying he was an officer, or actually from Legion at all for that matter.

You took the guy at face value without verifying anything at all and have no screenshots to prove your previous claims or any claims in the thread. Do you respond to those emails from Nigeria asking you to help their currently disposed Princess with a bank account filled with bazillions of dollars too?