Sage/Demon for Venomancers

Damewort - Sanctuary
Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Venomancer
There is no really informative thread about Sage/Demon for Venomancers, so decided to put some information together and make one. Correct me if I make any mistakes.

Introduction
What is Sage/Demon?
Sage/Demon is a path you choose with lvl89 cultivation. It allows you to upgrade some of your skills to lvl11. Also you will receive a fairy, which will fly around you.

How do I get it?
At lvl89 you will receive a continuation for cultivation quest. This is a point you make your choice. If you want to become Celestial Sage then talk with Master Li Sage Guide (129 836). If you want to become Celestial Demon, then talk with Mo Zun Demon Guide (129 841). Basing on with who you talked, you will receive different quests.
By choosing one path, you can't go back. So choose wisely. My advice would be to decide what you want basing on few skills as those skills are expensive (at least 1mil spirit and 1mil coins) and are hard to get (you will need skill book to learn them)

What's the difference between Sage/Demon generally?
Basic differences are different skills, effects of fairies and also different jobs
Also:
Sage has higher hit rates, has bigger chance to consume less chi/spark, longer spell efects. Concentrates on more stable performance in longer time period. Fairy - lvl89, lvl99, lvl109
Demon has higher critical rates, shorter cooldowns, faster damage dealing, longer “crippling” effects. Concentrates more on taking the opponent down fast and making it less painful for yourself. Fairy - lvl89, lvl99, lvl109

Difference in skills
(you need to maximize skill’s level before you can learn Sage/Demon version. Also with upgrading the skill it’s stats (mp consumption, hit rate, damage) changes as well, but it is less affected by your choice of Sage/Demon)

Special skills, which are gained after finishing cultivation (0 spirit, 0 coins)
Master Li's technique - gives 50 chi instantly. Cooldown is 60 secs[/COLOR]
Mo Zun's Taunt - takes away 50chi from enemy (you don't get extra chi). Cooldown is 30 sec

Mage tree attack skills:
Venomous Scarab (lvl89, 1mil spirit, 1mil coins)
Sage version gives a 20% chance to gain 30 Chi if hit.
Demon version reduces target's Wood resistance by 30% for 6 seconds.

Ironwood Scarab (lvl89, 1mil spirit, 1mil coins)
Sage version increases physical defence reduction to 20 seconds.
Demon version has a 20% chance to reduce physical defence to zero.

Blazing Scarab (lvl89, 1mil spirit, 1mil coins)
Sage version has increases Fire damage by 15%.
Demon version reduces the duration of the damage to 24 seconds.

Frost Scarab
(lvl92, 1.5mil spirit, 1.5mil coins)
Sage version always has a 95% chance to inflict frostbite.
Demon version lets frostbite freeze the enemy for 3 seconds.

Noxious Gas (lvl92, 1.5mil spirit, 1.5mil coins)
Sage version increases immediate damage and damage over time to 3054 each.
Demon version has cooldown reduced by one second.

Lucky Scarab
Sage version increases stun duration by one second.
Demon version reduces cooldown by 2 seconds.

Parasitic Nova (lvl99, 2mil spirit, 2mil coins)
Sage version will cost only one Spark 50% of the time.
Demon version makes chaotic enemies take 30% more damage.

Wood Mastery (lvl92, 1.5mil spirit, 1.5mil coins)
Sage version always increases Wood damage by 25%.
Demon version increases critical hit rate by 2%.

Mage Tree Miscellaneous Skills:
Bramble Guard (lvl89, 1mil spirit, 1mil coins)
Sage version lasts twice as long.
Demon version always returns 75% of damage.

Metabolic Boost
Sage version increases heal to 60% of maximum HP.
Demon version reduces cooldown by 90 seconds.

Nature's Grace
Sage version increases Mana recovery to 60%.
Demon version reduces cooldown by 90 seconds.

Lending Hand (lvl99, 2mil spirit, 2mil coins)
Sage version has a 25% chance to cast without consuming Spark.
Demon version has a 20% chance to transfer two Spark.

Fox Tree Miscellaneous Skills:
Fox Form (lvl89, 1mil spirit, 1mil coins)
Sage version always grants a 150% physical defence increase and a 250% accuracy increase.
Demon version gives movement speed increase of 60% for 6 seconds after transforming.

Purge (lvl89, 1mil spirit, 1mil coins)
Sage version grants attack on enemies within 5 meters around target.
Demon version reduces cooldown by 25 seconds.

Amplify Damage (lvl89, 1mil spirit, 1mil coins)
Sage version always makes the target take 30% additional damage.
Demon version lasts 6 seconds longer.

Soul Degeneration (lvl92, 1.5mil spirit, 1.5mil coins)
Sage version reduces maximum HP by 20%.
Demon version cuts target's evasion in half for 20 seconds.

Crush Vigor (lvl99, 1.5mil spirit, 1.5mil coins)
Sage version increases Chi lost to 15 per hit.
Demon version has a 50% chance to gain one Spark.

Fox Tree Attack Skills:
Fox Wallop (lvl89, 1mil spirit, 1mil coins)
Sage version has a 50% chance to cast without consuming Chi.
Demon version gives a 20% chance to make all hits critical for 5 seconds.

Befuddling Mist (lvl89, 1mil spirit, 1mil coins)
Sage version gives extra 800 damage.
Demon version decreases enemy's speed by 30% for 3 seconds.

Stunning Blow (lvl92, 1.5mil spirit, 1.5mil coins)
Sage version has a 25% chance to cast without consuming Spark.
Demon version has a 50% chance to stun the enemy for 3 seconds.

Leech (lvl92, 1.5mil spirit, 1.5mil coins)
Sage version steals life 100% of the time.
Demon version steals 800 HP upon success.

Consume Spirit (lvl99, 1.5mil spirit, 1.5mil coins)
Sage version always hits.
Demon version reduces cooldown by three seconds.

Malefic Crush (lvl99, 2mil spirit, 2mil coins)
Sage version always burns 1800 mana over 3 seconds.
Demon version always burns 2400 Mana over 9 seconds.

Melee Mastery
Sage version always gives 200% damage increase.
Demon version increases critical hit rate by 3%.

Other
Summer Sprint (lvl92, 1.5mil spirit, 1.5mil coins)
Sage version removes negative effects.
Demon version gives immunity to movement impairing effects.

Spark Eruption
(lvl89 0spirit, 0coins)
Celestial Eruption - Discharge 3 sparks to recover 20% of your maximum MP, aquire 900% extra magic attack and 500% weapon attack for 15 seconds. Become invincible for 3 secs after discharge.
Demonic Eruption - Discharge 3 sparks to recover 20% of your maximum MP, aquire 700% extra magic attack and 650% weapon attack for 15 seconds. Become invincible for 3 secs after discharge.
Post edited by Damewort - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Who can tell me if this is true or not:
    Sage faerie can give more chi, but Demon faerie can take away chi from the opponent (and not give it to you). Heard that with lvls these faeries gives even bigger effect. Is it just rummor? Couldn't finda accurate information about this :(
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Nice guide. The blue is a bit hard to read IMO :P
    Sage faerie can give more chi, but Demon faerie can take away chi from the opponent (and not give it to you). Heard that with lvls these faeries gives even bigger effect. Is it just rummor? Couldn't finda accurate information about this :(

I have never heard anything like this. To my knowledge those demon/sage fairies are just decoration to show you have completed the demon/sage cultivation.
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

OMW i hate that message. Why does it pop up EVERY TIME i post a message? b:angry
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    As for blue - changed it to lighter one. hopes it is easier to read now.

About Faeries I heard from other game versions, but nothing much was told. That's why I am not sure is it true or not. Hope a lvl89+ could bring a light in this matter.
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    nice guide, i'll add it to Venomancer FAQ and give u credit for it ;)
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well I'm working on getting 89, sage for me for sure.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • SilverTease - Heavens Tear
    SilverTease - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited March 2009

All i know is that sage has an active skill for chi regeneration. I'm guessing that's where you got the idea of sage fairy giving more chi. As for the demon burger stealing chi... never heard anything regarding that.

I'll get myself a demon burger flying around me if i get to hit lv 89 this year. Basic reason: burger looks, second reason: cooldown.
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
    b:pleased I love my Neph b:pleased
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Just becareful that no one tries to eat your hamburger demon fairy.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Chabi - Heavens Tear
    Chabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The information on Celestial Eruption is not same as i have on info in game. I went sage and it says:

Discharge 3 sparks to recover 20% of your maximum MP, aquire 900% extra magic attack and 500% weapon attack for 15 seconds. Become invincible for 3 secs after discharge.

Good of you to make a thread about the subject.

The chi skill is named:

Master Li's technique and gives 50 chi instantly and the cooldown is 60 secs
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Sage Fairy gives you a skill to gain 50 chi once a minute.

Demon Fairy gives you a skill to drain someone else's 50 chi once a minute (you do not gain chi)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverTease - Heavens Tear
    SilverTease - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Just becareful that no one tries to eat your hamburger demon fairy.

Can't help it... they surely will since i keep taking a bite from everyone's burger b:laugh

And... how do you know it's gonna be a HAMburger? I was hoping for CHEESEburger b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
    b:pleased I love my Neph b:pleased
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Demon Fairy gives you a skill to drain someone else's 50 chi once a minute (you do not gain chi)

Eww. I wanted free chi skill. Too bad I'm going demon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    The information on Celestial Eruption is not same as i have on info in game. I went sage and it says:

Discharge 3 sparks to recover 20% of your maximum MP, aquire 900% extra magic attack and 500% weapon attack for 15 seconds. Become invincible for 3 secs after discharge.

Good of you to make a thread about the subject.

The chi skill is named:

Thanks for the correction. Fixed it already. Would be great if a Demon Veno could post the right definition for Demonic Eruption. I hate when ecatomb.net lies again :(

Thanks for the info. Do you know exact names and description of the skills so I could put them both in the guide with correct names?
  • Toxictonic - Heavens Tear
    Toxictonic - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    gosh darnit, i've been debating this topic with myself for weeks now. i came to this thread hoping to get it resolved and now theres only more arguments rambling back in forth in my head. its gonna be a long ride >_>
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Sorry :( Made this thread so chosing whould be easier, not to complicate it even more.

Question is simple - what you want to do after lvl89?
    If you want like pvp, then seems Demon is better choice as it seems to be more useful in short and fast battles. As well it has chi draining spell, which would be useless against mobs.
    If you prefer pve, then Sage probably is better as it is more effective in longer fights - TT, FB, Bosses.
    But it doesn't mean that Sage is useless in PK and Demon is good for nothing in pve. Demon's "cripling" spells would be good against bosses too and Sage can nuke in pvp too.

But you still have lot of time to make a decision :P
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well i'm a pvp/pve veno and i'm going sage, for both. I dont really see any benefits on demon other than say a 60% speed increase on fox form but that's only if you constantly switch between human/fox and I dont really intend on running away all the time :P

Sage has a higher attack from the celestial spark over demon, and you cant tell me aoe purge isnt good in TW xD
    I guess you might wanna consider your build too. Sage for this heavy hybrid veno ^o^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well i'm a pvp/pve veno and i'm going sage, for both. I dont really see any benefits on demon other than say a 60% speed increase on fox form but that's only if you constantly switch between human/fox and I dont really intend on running away all the time :P

Sage has a higher attack from the celestial spark over demon, and you cant tell me aoe purge isnt good in TW xD
    I guess you might wanna consider your build too. Sage for this heavy hybrid veno ^o^
    sage spark 900%matk 500%weapon
    demon spark 700%matk 650%weapon

Hard to say which is better based of sparks. Also I went for the more crit, and ironwood/venomous. Which would be more essential for killing(while sage gets more supportive/defensive forcform +30%pdef +50%accuracy//aoe purge) Demon seems more spike damage oriented, while sage is stable, so wasnt hard for me to choose demon on a purely pvp basis. *sits in SP with Scorpion*
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    sage spark 900%matk 500%weapon
    demon spark 700%matk 650%weapon

Hard to say which is better based of sparks. Also I went for the more crit, and ironwood/venomous. Which would be more essential for killing
    i totally agree that
    those 2 skills and the sprint are too good to refuse them (at least for me :) )
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    I was wondering.... Does Summer Sprint in Sage works similar to cleric's purify (Sage version removes negative effects)? Does it removes debuffs/poison/bleed or how does it work?
    This spell really makes me consider choosing Sage :P
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    About Demon fox form:

You're suppose to gain a 60% increased movespeed when using this skill. Now people have said that you get the speed when going from veno to fox, but also when you go from fox to veno. Others have said you only get the speed when going from veno to fox. Could a 89+ with demon fox form please state which one is correct?
    Thx
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Veno->Fox and Fox->Veno gives boost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    More people should sell demon veno skill books -___- been trying for over a week and cant even get one. Even did 10x Eden runs trying to get them. D:
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Veno->Fox and Fox->Veno gives boost.

Thank you, now i'm happy again :D b:pleased b:thanks
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Mo Zun's Taunt is the name of the demon skill that takes people's chi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009

Where do you get that skill? I've never heard or seen this. I cant find any info on ectacomb about this :(
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009

Thank you :) Changed and updated the first post.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Just replying to obsessed from the previous page, I had thought even though ironwood has a chance to armour break as demon, one of the level 79 skills does that also randomly, so I feel even if I go sage, I wont be missing out on that+ demon's ironwood is only 20% chance to occur anyway o:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Just replying to obsessed from the previous page, I had thought even though ironwood has a chance to armour break as demon, one of the level 79 skills does that also randomly, so I feel even if I go sage, I wont be missing out on that+ demon's ironwood is only 20% chance to occur anyway o:

About those level 79 skills. I heard that one is AOE and one is not. I also heard that you have to be in fox form to use the one, and "human" form to use the other. But which one goes with what form? AOE + fox and none AOE + human? Or is it the other way around? Sadly Ecatomb doesnt say :(

Quite a few weeks ago i found a site that said what every level 79 skill does for every class, including a screenshot of what the casting animation looks like. But stupid me, i forgot to bookmark the link, now i cant find it anymore. If anyone has that link, or can confirm if its AOE + fox, or whatever, it'll be greatly appreciated. b:thanks
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Where do you get that skill? I've never heard or seen this. I cant find any info on ectacomb about this :(

It's not on the Skill Tree. When you learn the demon books (in Momaganon or Sage in Lothransis), the respective class NPC has the skill. Mo Zun's Taunt and Demonic Eruption both cost 0 coins and 0 spirit.

I forgot to mention that the skill says the Cooldown is 30 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    I know, you told me that ingame.. lol and as I responded there. Do we know if that skill does any damage, because if it doesnt thats a big downside. Do we know if it even has the debuff for sure? Never seen anyone with it to confirm anything. Either way I like most of the caster spells better, and extra crit is always nice for spiking high HP chars. I dont regret going demon one bit(except for not being able to find any skill books! D:)
This discussion has been closed.