Soporific Whisper

Options
Shota - Heavens Tear
Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Wizard
Just bought this spell... 20 apoc pages, 1 million spirit, a million coins.. it puts target mob to sleep for 4 seconds

I "thought" that the spell would be non-offensive as in maybe 2 mobs are standing together and I want to pull just one so I sleep the other and when it wakes it does not aggro... apparently I was wrong.

What I was wondering is, from thos ethat use the spell, how do you best make use of it? Is it merely a 4 second delay so I can gtfo? Does anyone have any advice on how to best use this spell so I get some value out of the greta expense for it?

thanks!!
"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Shota - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Its mainly used in PK from what I've seen, since mages don't really have another stun move to keep people from running
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Its mainly used in PK from what I've seen, since mages don't really have another stun move to keep people from running

Wow.. poor choice on my part since I don't PvP... it does come in handy as a stun, but that's one expensive stun!
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I've had it for a while now and there's really not much use in PvE. It only really buys you a little time to get off a Sandstorm or Glacial Snare. Or as you said, to 'gfto'. Or in TT or FBs when a pull goes wrong or you pull aggro.

I dont PvP much either. Kinda fun in duels when you use it and you get a "WTF was that?!"

I think the duration should be longer tbh, 4 secs -lag isn't much time. Would be a lot better if it was long enough to use an ultimate. :/
    I like pie
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    soporific whisper -> blink -> spark -> frostblade -> force of will -> charge bt

anti cleric
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options

anti cleric

Hey, I remember you.. you used to typ Forp forp forp in WC all the time
  • Ximpactx - Heavens Tear
    Ximpactx - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Perhaps if you could get yur channeling down enough, you could pull off an ultimate if you use sophoric whisper...
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    have you tried it on bosses? i hate that "resist" when i use force of will on them.

the effect is not that bad for pvm. despite its crazy cooldown it has no channel so it can be a good choice if you have will of phoenix and force of will cooling down... and that always happens when you kill 2 or + mobs at once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Sindygoboom - Sanctuary
    Sindygoboom - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

anti cleric

Frostblade? Really?
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    frostblade to generate the last chunk of chi needed to get 2 full sparks.

soporific whisper cost 20 chi, blink cost 20 chi, spark cost 2 sparks.

frostblade gives 20 chi, and i'm unsure about how much fow gives, might need another frostblade to make that work properly.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    frost gives 10 chi.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    really? then what in the hell is the use in this skill? stop a cata puller long enough to kill him maybe? idk.
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Frostblade is a buff it does nothing to attack an adversary for damage.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    you missed the reason i said to use it. you need to gain chi back in order to have 2 sparks again to charge an ult. frostblade gives chi.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    like amour said, frostblade gives 10 chi.

we know frostblade is useless to clerics but buffing the one you're willing to kill is the worst strategy ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • sillyfoo
    edited March 2009
    Options
    you missed the reason i said to use it. you need to gain chi back in order to have 2 sparks again to charge an ult. frostblade gives chi.

Err u missed what i was answering to. U said "really? then what in the hell is the use in this skill? stop a cata puller long enough to kill him maybe? idk." all i did was state what it does.
  • majero
    majero Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Soporific Whisper is good but only really used in PvP... as yourmom said. It's usually best to save your money for gear refine, especially at 90 before even thinking about getting this spell. From what i know there's only 2 or 3 9x mages in Lost City who have this spell.
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    seems like its good for pvp and elite monsters in pve. kinda like mob control too, if you end up pulling more than 1 monster.

it's better to have this skill than not. i would get it but im poor

that's just what i think it's good for. since i don't have it, i haven't had the chance to mess with it.
    omg im posting stuff.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    like amour said, frostblade gives 10 chi.

we know frostblade is useless to clerics but buffing the one you're willing to kill is the worst strategy ever.
    ..when did i say to buff him?
    sillyfoo wrote: »
    Err u missed what i was answering to. U said "really? then what in the hell is the use in this skill? stop a cata puller long enough to kill him maybe? idk." all i did was state what it does.
    i asked what sophoric whisper was good for.
    edited March 2009
    Options

ok it's up to you. i'm not going to teach you killing clerics again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    in pvp i've only used it succesfully against another wizzy. knocked his hp down to roughly half, then slept him, then blade tempest. its a good combination but using undine+watever is probably just as effective.

in tw, i've used on cata pullers and its semi-useful. can fire off once or twice per push and it splits them apart which is all you really need to do.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ok it's up to you. i'm not going to teach you killing clerics again.

you taught me how to kill clerics? b:shocked
  • sillyfoo
    edited March 2009
    Options

i asked what sophoric whisper was good for.

Oh ok since i seen u post/respond rather quickly especially argueing with Mikel_orub:chuckle so i thought u was responding to Amour's post about frost >.< .

For the frostblade its more efficient to use a chi pot then use frost blade since are you gonna highlight that char after useing frostblade? Spark and frostblade have cast times and since im getting the feeling you wouldnt buff adversary then you'd have to click on person too and would be calling it close for four seconds of sleep. 90+ on lost city i've seen use in ground and water pk fights are something similar to what i'm about to tell you. Spark, (white tea) chi pot, force of will, essential sutra(cuts chanelling for 6 seconds and instant cast of this skill), bt (now will only take 1.8 seconds not 5.8), and whatever else is needed to kill. Your combo will not work in air battles since force of will is not a stun just silences enemy from attacking so all they gotta do is drop out the air and run. Would work for water or ground though.

Btw Forp do you got a wiz alt you play in spare time?
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    chi pot is expensive D:

and yes, i have a mage alt.
  • sillyfoo
    edited March 2009
    Options
    chi pot is expensive D:

and yes, i have a mage alt.

yeah if u buy it is expensive, but just farm it urself its not too bad and there are herbs in a lot of places. Apothecary is the easiest skill to learn no need to make 2 star stuff just lvl it up and buy the book for lvl 4, lvl 6, lvl 8, and you get the pattern after that. Preparation is important in pk/tw and big land holding guilds (down to only threeb:surrender) in Lost city have herb farmers to specifically farm for herbs for pk pots.
  • Arwing - Sanctuary
    Arwing - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Soporific Whisper is usefull to kill clerics if u PVP
    It has his combos and is a cool skill!!
    Sleep> Mountain size > Undine Strike > Sandstorm > Stone rain if he havent die just use other skill and he should be death!!
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Soporific Whisper is usefull to kill clerics if u PVP
    It has his combos and is a cool skill!!
    Sleep> Mountain size > Undine Strike > Sandstorm > Stone rain if he havent die just use other skill and he should be death!!

You're forgetting that between undine and sandstorm he's going to put YOU to sleep...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    2.99 sparks
    Sleep, Ulti, FoW, Undine, SS, Spark, something fast.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Noo silly. 60% -> Undine -> Sleep -> Ulti.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    this skill is pretty muc the same as an archer's stunning arrow
    only this is 1 second longer,cost alot more,and 10% of sucess(100%)
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    this skill is pretty muc the same as an archer's stunning arrow
    only this is 1 second longer,cost alot more,and 10% of sucess(100%)
    ...and a 20 chi cost + 2 minute cooldown. And if ecatomb is right it has a pathetic 20m range.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.