Assualt on Archosaur ??

Comments

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    how do you know she's a witch? does she weigh as much as a duck?
    People should be nice to Witches. We are the ones who turn them into toads for being mean to us. *cackles*

~S
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    People should be nice to Witches. We are the ones who turn them into toads for being mean to us. *cackles*

~S

Psst Sai.. don't tell anyone.. but I weigh as much as a duck b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Psst Sai.. don't tell anyone.. but I weigh as much as a duck b:chuckle
    OMG so do I! Granted.. it's a flock of them.... but....... LOL

~S

p.s. Google my name.
    edited March 2009
    Don't need to.. I'm very familiar with who Saitada is.. I grew up in an area where Celtic ways and practices weren't uncommon

My Daughter's name is Kaelin (Celtic for "The keeper of the keys")
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Sir_walter - Heavens Tear
    Sir_walter - Heavens Tear Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    No offense, but I agree... I work second shift and dont get home till these types of events are over..........I wouldnt care if half of them were at night, but something should be done to accomodate adults and those with children and jobs and a real life.

I second that b:victory
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Don't need to.. I'm very familiar with who Saitada is.. I grew up in an area where Celtic ways and practices weren't uncommon

My Daughter's name is Kaelin (Celtic for "The keeper of the keys")
    Very lovely name. We will haffa talk some more ingame. It's nice to find more of us around :-) lol.

~S
    edited March 2009
    Very lovely name. We will haffa talk some more ingame. It's nice to find more of us around :-) lol.

~S

thank you.. her full name is "Kaelin Skye" aka "The keeper of the keys of love and beauty from the heavens"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Guardgodess - Sanctuary
    Guardgodess - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    that is a really nice name =]

and btw, there's absolutely no lag for me anyway in the game as well. just have to w8 and see what my comp can handle, rofl

(no i don't have a fancy comp)
    edited March 2009
    that is a really nice name =]

and btw, there's absolutely no lag for me anyway in the game as well. just have to w8 and see what my comp can handle, rofl

(no i don't have a fancy comp)

I don't have lag issues either most of the time.. except when I'm in W arch near the daily person and there are multiple duels going on simultaneously
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keliahar - Sanctuary
    Keliahar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    OMG so do I! Granted.. it's a flock of them.... but....... LOL

~S

p.s. Google my name.

Yeah... I probably have a couple flocks going but don't tell anyone. b:surrender

Eh, I was always more of a fan of Rhiannon and Epona (And Brighid to a lesser extent) but that's just me. ^_~

The event sounds fun. I might actually have to pay more attention to event announcements from now on. I ignore them out of habit.
  • Kaiichi - Sanctuary
    Kaiichi - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Even if she doesn't weigh as much as a duck, can we burn her anyway?b:beg

She turned me into a newt............................................I got better....
    Well, I'm an arch, check the avatar for my lvl so I don't have to update this as often...

Proud Marshall of Master's

For those of you that play conquer online:

Unicorn Server:

Kaiichi
    124-130-133 pure warrior
    271 potency
    +12 poleaxe (the potency stick)
    Currently ranked #1 warrior on the server

~Kai~
    120-131 tro-arch
    On the top archer board

Keiichi
    125-130-105 pure ninja
    On the top ninja board
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    We realize the concern about lag, and will do the best we can to minimize the "lagfest".

Lol. As if you have any control over that?

The mobs pop up on fixed coordinates on the map all around Archosaur.

Players will gathers where the mobs spawn : all around Archosaur.

The only way you could reduce lag a bit would be to temporary ban all the cat shops in Archosaur.

There are so many of them in the city that the event will be ended way before you would even get rid of all of them.

Once again, PWE fail at implementing the most evident solution : make the mobs pop up near all and every city/outposts. That would make the players spread all over the map, and not only on one tiny spot that is already overcrowded. If you thought the players' gathering on that star island was bad lag, just wait for this event, it wiull be even worst.

Positive point : Thanks for putting this event at an acceptable time for both pacific and east coast players on Heaven Tears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Positive point : Thanks for putting this event at an acceptable time for both pacific and east coast players on Heaven Tears.

Yea, but still a pity that the event will be at 1am for Europe people.
    Oh wait, i forgot sorry. This isnt Perfect World International, this is Perfect World America b:angry

EDIT: Seriously, why does all the events have to be at such a crappy time? TW/DP = 5 am. And WHY was the servers that were meant for Europe players (our timezone) never implemented? It was said there would be servers for our timezone before PWI got launched officially. b:cry
  • oznig
    oznig Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Maybe there aren't enough Euro players to require a server for Euro players. I dunno. I do know that the majority are from the States so they obviously cater to the majority.

If you dont like the lag dont participate. I dont see a rule anywhere that says its mandatory.

I love seeing a game where the GM's roll out event after event, only to get complaint after complaint about said events. If y'all are so unhappy playing a free game just leave. There are plenty of free games out there. Oh wait the other free games dont give a **** about events. They only run events through item mall purchases. The only players who can participate in thier events have to spend loads of real money to get any kind of reward from thier rare events. Well go play those games if PWI's events are soooo crappy.
  • Charizrd - Heavens Tear
    Charizrd - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    To all who hope a mega event.
    This event is there just so the GM's can be the one calling all of you "April Fools".
    The mobs wont drop anything and the last mega boss will just one shot every player in sight.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Guess I'll have to go on PWI via my desktop for this event instead of my laptop. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    its goign to be a lagfest. can u imagine all those catshop in west arch+4x normal players+horde of mobs? XD

Only if you have a **** computer. ;o No doubt in my mind i'll be able to run at full with whatever they spawn. And if it does start to choke a bit, ctrl+F9.
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Ok, first of all, the mobs will spawn outside Arch, NOT inside, so lag should be unrelated to catshops. Secondly, if they want to avoid lag, all they have to do is spread them out more. We've got 4 sides to the city (if we have flying/swiming mobs), and they can expand them out pretty much as far as they want. Let's not grief the GMs and Devs more than they deserve.

As for events scheduled for more people, there are two ways they could do it:
    1.) Repeated event. Run the event every few hours. Of course, that means anyone with more time will be able to do it more.

2.) A continuous event that runs at least 24 hours. Again, people that play long will have an advantage, but then they always do.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i'm expecting it will be a GM spawned legion attack... i just wanna see this spawn

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/13541

legion vambraces o.O
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Will GMs be participating?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
    edited March 2009

b:chuckle .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think it would be more interesting having couple of high level players in squad mode (6 level 105, they could be GM) in a attackable mode for everybody like if they were mobs.

Humans counter and fight better than mobs. That would be great.b:laugh
    edited March 2009
    i'm expecting it will be a GM spawned legion attack... i just wanna see this spawn

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/13541

legion vambraces o.O

Good luck in finding this to craft it : Sign of Strength b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Lol they removed your post. Good thing I got to read it before they did that.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    yes GMs will be there. they'll be disguised as snowmen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Ormindo - Heavens Tear
    Ormindo - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    What's the event time, GMT ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Lol they removed your post.

I'm wondering why... Do they have something to hide? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Energize - Heavens Tear
    Energize - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Yeah I wonder if they'll be PKing other players..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GaliNaab here, your neighbourhood friendly male venomancer.
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    xarfox
    Administrator

#10 Yesterday, 10:14 PM
    Just for everyone to know, we won't be spawning monsters within the walls of Archosaur. As funny as it would be to see cat shop after cat shop get destroyed, we're pretty sure the player base wouldn't be too happy about the lag.
    b:sad
    Oh c'mon, I'd even skip my TV show to watch the carnage! Would grovelling make any difference?
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Lol they removed your post. Good thing I got to read it before they did that.

LOL Wut? Post #51 hasn't gone anywhere.
    I'm wondering why... Do they have something to hide? b:question

Y so paranoid? b:chuckle
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak