GM killed a WB for me just now. Thanks!

Options
Defected - Heavens Tear
Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Oh wait, not for me... For a rival guild. If that's not an unfair advantage, I don't know what is.

We stumbled upon 3 players killing a WB by themselves. The WB had well over 90% health left.

Being the cool people we are, we decide to take the WB from these 3. They call for backup. I guess they also called for a higher power too.

Right as we're about to finally take aggro, a trusty GM shows up.

When the GM showed up, the WB had about |XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
| health left. The GM 3 shots the WB and lets Honor get the drops. Nice.

Enjoy the screenies.

20090325033737.th.png

20090325033759.th.png

20090325033940.th.png

Try to reply before this is deleted too. Or don't. Who cares? It's not like this affects any of you anyway.

But I pray that someone tries to KS us when we go after Harpy Wraith later...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
Post edited by Defected - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• JohnnyTHM - Heavens Tear
    JohnnyTHM - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    GM's are NOT supposed to assist players to kill any mob in game. That is a rule that GM broke and should be punished.
  • msbehaven
    msbehaven Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    So basically the game is no longer a level playing field? I always assumed GM's were not allowed to interfere in game play in any way?

So I guess its not what you know but who you know now...sad really next they will be entering TW's and killing the crystal for select Factions. b:surrender

Just very very dissapointing...hope we will be getting an official explaination for this totally unacceptable action and surely that GM will be looking for something else to fill their days.
  • XForbidden - Heavens Tear
    XForbidden - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Real nice game play you GMs show. Really nice to take actions like that into your own hands when you as well have rules to follow. You really just show how fail this game has been. Bad patches, screwed up events, glitches you dont roll back. And now helping people kill things. Just amazing. Cant wait for Aion to come out. This game has been alot of waste of money so far.

And yes I would as well would hope for an official explaination for this event.
  • Hellcat - Heavens Tear
    Hellcat - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I do hope all Factions now get GM help when killing WB, when i next need GM assistance i do hope their not to busy assiting Honor killing WB to help me?
  • guiltypleasures
    guiltypleasures Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    This is an Outrage!!!!!
    Why not just try go all out and give em your weaps too?
    BTW can I have your Dragon Mount pz ?
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    So you guys were being asshats and tried to KS and then a GM came along and killed the WB? GM was probably wrong for what he did but, secretly, I'm applauding him. b:laugh

WahhhWahhhWahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh b:sadb:sadb:sad
    edited March 2009
    Options
    So you guys were being asshats and tried to KS and then a GM came along and killed the WB? GM was probably wrong for what he did but, secretly, I'm applauding him. b:laugh

WahhhWahhhWahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh b:sadb:sadb:sad

No matter about us being like that. The GM did break a rule and interfered with the gameplay for other players. And another thing is it would of taken 3 people almost 2.5-3 hours to kill that boss. So if other people jump in and kill it should not affect the outcome. If the GM's what to stop KS'n then they should make it where the group that first hits it get lock on the drops or something to that affect. Its just wrong to have a GM kill anything for you in game... whats next... gm kill'n center of 100 sec stand room in cube for ya?
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Peep the perfect gem drops in the second screenshot.

All feelings for Enrage aside, you know this isn't cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    As much as I don't like Enrage, if this really hapened, it is unaceptable behavior from the GM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • oznig
    oznig Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I dont see the GM hitting it at all. I see a GM standing there after its been killed and its all over. Are you sure the GM hit it? Or are you jealous you couldnt steal aggro and are making excuses?
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    NM I double checked some other images. My Bad.

~S
  • ch2h5oh
    ch2h5oh Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    oznig wrote: »
    I dont see the GM hitting it at all. I see a GM standing there after its been killed and its all over. Are you sure the GM hit it? Or are you jealous you couldnt steal aggro and are making excuses?
    +1
    yeah yeah i know let me post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Perfect World 4/21/2009, good bye.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    meh. i'mma dumbass.

~S
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Interesting. Like I said, it was over in 3 hits. As soon as I saw that health drop by 1/3, I reached for the print screen button. I was lucky to get these screenshots. I was hoping that I'd have one with the fist of GM in mid swing, but I wasn't so lucky.

Note the invincibility aura around the GM. Note the blue fairy flying around the GM. Also, note the boss's health in the first picture, then the xp given, then what shows in the chat window is still over my head.

Have any of you ever killed a world boss? It takes a LONG time. There is no way an extra few thousand damage could kill it that fast.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/mob/19472 Soul Hunter has 23,977,103 HP.

I'll tell you what: Next time a GM kills a WB, I'll make sure to have them selected instead of the WB.

I have submitted official tickets. Attempting to lie about the GMs in this way would surely result in a ban. Why would I do that?

Say what you want. I'd love for a GM to respond. I would LOVE IT. In fact, I would hope that you all submit tickets for this so that they investigate my "lie."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    oznig wrote: »

Agreed.

But i also agree that it looks fishy. Maybe a screenshot of the GM casting a spell or something would have been better?
    But then again, you dont need a spell to kill the boss if you can just click on it and type a command... Poof, dead boss. b:bye
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Have any of you ever killed a world boss? It takes a LONG time. There is no way an extra few thousand damage could kill it that fast.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/mob/19472 Soul Hunter has 23,977,103 HP.

And to add to that, all bosses with the "skull" picture near their HP bar has 75% damage reduction. Meaning, if you normally do 10k damage per hit to a normal mob, you will only do 2500 damage to the boss.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure its 75%.

Defected, you wouldnt happen to have a screenshot of what kind of weapon the GM had on him? Must have been a killer weapon or something, dealing a few 100k damage per hit.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I'm assuming the GM Fist that they all carry around. I saw a poleaxe swinging motion when the GM attacked the WB.

Next time you see a GM, do a player info check. Ignore the wings, check out their weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    One thing is for sure. There should be records of WB's getting killed, where the GM's were when it happened, etc. If this happened as your describing, a GM needs to be fired. That isn't right by any standards at all. But if it didn't happen.. then you should be perma banned for trying to start stuff with the GM's. Fair is fair. I'd be ducking if I were you though.

~Saitada
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    okay.. its wrong to KS a world boss .. but dang that sucks.. the GM couldn't assume that Honor would have finished the 90% off to get the drops ..

how can 3 people take on a world boss? o.O

Does this mean GMs have officially made KSing against the rules?
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Don't be surprised, the GMs in Lost City are also acting in favor of BloodLust. They are banning the members of the opposing guild for unjustified reasons and taking back items Blt lose while PvPing, other than allowing them to keep 3 glitched bows.
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • Desi - Heavens Tear
    Desi - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    soulhunter is a chump boss anyway. even if there are "ks" rules in this game concerning world bosses (ridiculous in the first place) soulhunter should be free for all. otherwise i could show up with a level 30s party start attacking it, get ksed, b:cry and have the gms give me drops

and the gm simply being there should be incriminating enough lol
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    "and i almost survived that chi-less skill + demon spark so ROFL"

^ #1 at almost surviving. pro b:surrender
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    That gm should be fired): Its disgusting when some gms start giving some players big advantages ingames,happens all too often in some other mmorpgs.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear
    Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I have looked at the pictures several times, The two that do show the GM, she is not using any skills and the Boss is already dead. The pink rings around her only mean she was close enough to get hit by the boss. However, what I fond ironic is it involves Enraged. I am truly hoping the GM did not engage in battle, because this is the one Guild as far as I and thousands of other loyal players feel should have to pay consequences for the relentless harassment they dish out to people. Actually, there is a famous saying *Pay backs are a ***** Enrage if you can't handle the heat then get out. Enraged was handed a little taste of what they do to people day in and day out with the killing of the WB. Yes, Ksing is wrong, but the way I look at it is finally someone got some revenge on Enrage and took agro. HAHA. A note to PWI Management, why don't you grab a cup of coffee, and really listen to your player base on the forums, in World chat, and support tickets and finally do some constructive work and put a stop to guilds and individuals that choose to grief play and disrupt the lives of many people who support and are loyal to the game.
    [SIGPIC]shylael.net/guildpics/vsigfinal.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I'm waiting for the next "GM investigation underway" post b:chuckle
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I have looked at the pictures several times, The two that do show the GM, she is not using any skills and the Boss is already dead. The pink rings around her only mean she was close enough to get hit by the boss. However, what I fond ironic is it involves Enraged. I am truly hoping the GM did not engage in battle, because this is the one Guild as far as I and thousands of other loyal players feel should have to pay consequences for the relentless harassment they dish out to people. Actually, there is a famous saying *Pay backs are a ***** Enrage if you can't handle the heat then get out. Enraged was handed a little taste of what they do to people day in and day out with the killing of the WB. Yes, Ksing is wrong, but the way I look at it is finally someone got some revenge on Enrage and took agro. HAHA. A note to PWI Management, why don't you grab a cup of coffee, and really listen to your player base on the forums, in World chat, and support tickets and finally do some constructive work and put a stop to guilds and individuals that choose to grief play and disrupt the lives of many people who support and are loyal to the game.

Your hatred for a faction name blinds you to the fact that GM's will go ingame and break their code of conduct to give certain players advantages...thats whats important here.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Enrage seems to be pretty proud of the fact that they do what ever they want and get away with it. Who cares how many other players they are pissing off. So this GM stepped in and did the same. And how does Enrage respond to someone more powerful treating them the same way they treat everyone else? They cry like babies. Get over it. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

While 2 wrongs do not make a right, I applaud this GM for treating you the same way you treat other players. I suggest that this GM get a hardy slap on the wrist followed up by a "tsk tsk tsk, shame on you." But to call for the GM to get fired for this, nah. Just don't do it again with your GM account. Instead show up with a regular account and a bunch of friends ten KS the Beast.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
    edited March 2009
    Options
    dieseasily wrote: »
    Enrage seems to be pretty proud of the fact that they do what ever they want and get away with it. Who cares how many other players they are pissing off. So this GM stepped in and did the same. And how does Enrage respond to someone more powerful treating them the same way they treat everyone else? They cry like babies. Get over it. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

While 2 wrongs do not make a right, I applaud this GM for treating you the same way you treat other players. I suggest that this GM get a hardy slap on the wrist followed up by a "tsk tsk tsk, shame on you." But to call for the GM to get fired for this, nah. Just don't do it again with your GM account. Instead show up with a regular account and a bunch of friends ten KS the Beast.

And what gives you, or all of you saying it, the right to talk bad on forums about Enrage? Isn't that a form of harassment put against the whole guild? Enrage's doings in this is not the issue. The issue is that a GM broke their own rules and engaged a mob to benefit other players. In all the mmorpg's I have played there is a strict rule put in place for GM's... DO NOT KILL ANY MONSTER OR PLAYER FOR A CLIENT! I used to be a GM for Lineage 2 and quit cause of the stress and bull I kept getting from players and friends alike. I understand the stress a GM is under but breaking the rules to benefit other players is unacceptable. Actions NEED to be taken.
  • rifkind
    rifkind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

Yeah, it's terrible when guilds do that sort of thing; you think the GMs will come kill a few more WBs for us to make up for the ones that Triad stole from US when we had them down to nearly dead?
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    And what gives you, or all of you saying it, the right to talk bad on forums about Enrage? Isn't that a form of harassment put against the whole guild? Enrage's doings in this is not the issue. The issue is that a GM broke their own rules and engaged a mob to benefit other players. In all the mmorpg's I have played there is a strict rule put in place for GM's... DO NOT KILL ANY MONSTER OR PLAYER FOR A CLIENT! I used to be a GM for Lineage 2 and quit cause of the stress and bull I kept getting from players and friends alike. I understand the stress a GM is under but breaking the rules to benefit other players is unacceptable. Actions NEED to be taken.
    I agree, they should perma ban all of Enrage. b:chuckle

~S
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

Everything I know about Enrage is from these forums. Enrage has given me the permission to talk bad about them because what I am saying about them is true. My opinions are based on Enraged player posts and the posts of people that complain about enrage. I have yet to see Enrage deny any of the accusations made about them. Instead of denying them, they have done the opposite and admitted they did it, bragged they did it, and stated 'TOO BAD' over and over and over. And as I have not specified any specific players, I have not harassed any particular player. I mearly stated a fact.

You claim to have been a GM for a different game. You quit because of the stress caused by players who were being treated poorly and asking for help. And yet you support Enrage's treatment of other players knowing full well is does nothing but cause the GMs stress?
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
This discussion has been closed.