GM killed a WB for me just now. Thanks!

2»

Comments

• rifkind
    rifkind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    dieseasily wrote: »
    Enrage seems to be pretty proud of the fact that they do what ever they want and get away with it. Who cares how many other players they are pissing off. So this GM stepped in and did the same. And how does Enrage respond to someone more powerful treating them the same way they treat everyone else? They cry like babies. Get over it. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

No, we do not do "whatever we want" and "get away with it." We follow the rules of the game and expect to be allowed to play the game within those rules. We choose whether or not to follow ADDITIONAL social rules that other people within the game make up and want to impose on us. As a guild, we allow our members to choose whether or not to follow these social rules, rather than forcing them to do so.

In this case, the GM violated a game rule, not a social rule. Once again GMs involving themselves in guild politics against Enrage, what are the odds?
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    meh enrage could be the worst faction known to PWI and that does not matter.. every game has bad guys.. it happens .. the GMs have spoken that KSing is not against the rules unless it reaches a height where it is griefing .. and KSing one monsters (boss or not) is not griefing

the point of this is.. a GM should not interfere in their clients gaming experience
  • JohnnyTHM - Heavens Tear
    JohnnyTHM - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    dieseasily wrote: »
    Everything I know about Enrage is from these forums. Enrage has given me the permission to talk bad about them because what I am saying about them is true. My opinions are based on Enraged player posts and the posts of people that complain about enrage. I have yet to see Enrage deny any of the accusations made about them. Instead of denying them, they have done the opposite and admitted they did it, bragged they did it, and stated 'TOO BAD' over and over and over. And as I have not specified any specific players, I have not harassed any particular player. I mearly stated a fact.

You claim to have been a GM for a different game. You quit because of the stress caused by players who were being treated poorly and asking for help. And yet you support Enrage's treatment of other players knowing full well is does nothing but cause the GMs stress?

I support the actions because this game was based on an open enviroment. Now if the mob was a lvl 12 and the players were 90+ then yes I would see the arguement on that but that is not the case is it? It was a WB which should be a free for all anyways. What makes it so different that the crowds at kitty and bear? Why don't the people there get teleported around or banned for camping the rare pet spawns. The WB is no different. The actions from Enrage ARE NOT THE ISSUE!!! GET PAST THAT AND READ MORE! Eventually you will understand that the actions taken by the GM were against their rules. And as far as forum flames against Enrage... I guess they should start reporting the abuse and harassment from all of you on here. But to be honest I think they like it. Makes them famous. I know I like it. And if you are not even on the server with the guild in mention then I guess you really don't know how we act do you? You need to try to play the server and find out for yourself and stop flaming on here about a guild you have no clue about.
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited March 2009
    /shakes head
    /shakes head
    /shakes head

i get back from GDC and i see this.... *sigh*

well, looks like i'm gonna have to reprimand someone or possibly fire them.

such behavior is totally unacceptable (OBVIOUSLY).

thanks to everyone that brought this to my attention.

- Orinj
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
This discussion has been closed.