Why I cant play this game anymore

Options
Vikeltrina - Lost City
Vikeltrina - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
PvP is good PvP is great but when you get pked and drop one of your most valuable items and youre whitenamed. Thats bullcrap. I got pked yesterday and dropped my +4 4 socket boots of tiger strength. Some person walked by afterwards picked them up(not even the person who pked me) and then of course refused to give them back saying thats just the way the game is. I can understand dropping stuff when youre rednamed or even purple named but dropping things while white named is complete and utter **** so as far as im concerned this games done. I was enjoying it but im not about to play a game where you can lose your items to anyone at any time that you have invested a lot of time and coin into.
Post edited by Vikeltrina - Lost City on

Comments

• balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Bye b:thanks

But its like at .4% chance to drop stuff when your white.

Thats why I always carry dolls or make sure my stuff is bound.

Not the games fault, its yours.

b:chuckle
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It is a 1% chance to drop and unfortunately you happened to be in that 1%. I have been there too...Just try not to carry the "good" items on you.

And keep in mind there is a chance to drop items when killed by mobs too...

Here are the actual numbers if you care to see:

Death Penalty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Actually, that chart shows NA for being PKed by a player for items equipped. Unless the boots were in your inventory, then I do not see why it dropped if you were white named and PKed by a player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    What about just locking the inventorry up while pking.This why in Guild Wars they won't allow drop from real players only mobs and there is far more pvp in that game.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It's too bad they don't allow players the option of playing on a server without PK, if they don't think they want to risk the loss.

Or at the very least, they should have some sort of item you could get that prevents you from dropping any items if you die. That would be really useful. Heck, they could even make it prevent XP loss from dying too, just as an extra bonus.

Yessiree, things sure would be better if only those things were part of the game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • keyshey
    keyshey Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Isn't it on the Game Info Begginer's guide
    it says that you won't drop any of your equipped items when you're blue or white named?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waittilli - Lost City
    Waittilli - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It's too bad they make such ridiculous incentives not to pk.

Should just make a zone where everyone can go to PK where these ridiculous things don't matter and then take out the ridiculous penalty if you choose not to PK on a pvp server. Be it 1%, 1% adds up.

Gives a place to go where PK is encourged because of no risk of losing items. (Ya know, encourage PvPing..would be pretty awesome)

Makes new players and lower level players who don't feel like PvPing people who 1 hit them not have to face ridiculous, even if very uncommon circumstances.
  • aeson
    aeson Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    What gets my goat is when people wander about with their really good gear in their inventory. There's a bank for that purpose. I'm sure you don't need to store your stack of 7 crane herbs that badly in it.

Yes, it's nice to immediately equip your shiny new gear right after you make the level, but as I see you're on LC, you should know by now that there's a 1% white droprate and becasue of that you shouldn't gamble with:
    a) something valuable
    b) something useful

So write this off as a real expensive learning lesson. Who knows, this could save your future HH or Cash Shop gear from being dropped.
  • cjase
    cjase Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It's too bad they don't allow players the option of playing on a server without PK, if they don't think they want to risk the loss.

Or at the very least, they should have some sort of item you could get that prevents you from dropping any items if you die. That would be really useful. Heck, they could even make it prevent XP loss from dying too, just as an extra bonus.

Yessiree, things sure would be better if only those things were part of the game...

Aaaand I do believe that right there is /thread.
    Guardian Angels are not in any way too expensive an investment to save you hours of play/coins.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It's too bad they make such ridiculous incentives not to pk.

Should just make a zone where everyone can go to PK where these ridiculous things don't matter and then take out the ridiculous penalty if you choose not to PK on a pvp server. Be it 1%, 1% adds up.

Gives a place to go where PK is encourged because of no risk of losing items. (Ya know, encourage PvPing..would be pretty awesome)

Makes new players and lower level players who don't feel like PvPing people who 1 hit them not have to face ridiculous, even if very uncommon circumstances.

Ridiculous penalties? b:laugh
    You can get out of them by paying 30 cents. If you want ridiculous penalties, try this on for size. This is the actual pk system in another mmo.

If you kill players you get red name of course. You do lose exp when you are pked and you can delevel in this game.

When your name is red:

You can't fly
    You can't use ANY npcs
    Of course the town guards will kill you.
    Your pvp damage gets reduced with every pk you make
    You have an incredibly high chance to drop items when you die
    There is no way to stop yourself from dropping items.
    Red names always spawn in the same place, which is NOT a safe zone
    Players will sit in the red name spawn point, camping you until you drop every single item you own and most likely delevel a good 15+ times in the process.

How's that for ridiculous penalties? b:chuckle You have NO penalties if you pay a mere 30 cents in this game!

Funny thing is, players pk all the time in that game. They can deal with the consequences as harsh as they are. Yet you complain about this game which has little to no consequences at all? Pretty easy to tell they are better than you will ever be at pvp because they don't drop their stuff, they are good enough to just....not...die.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    zzz quit the game just because you dropped a +4? gg
  • Sounande - Sanctuary
    Sounande - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The death penalty on PW isn't so bad, there are alot of games that have far worse, take another example. When you die and if you aren't ressurected within 3 minutes your characters is deleted. Well the game is divided into different modes, but it is a mmorpg. Worst one I can come up with, but there are a couple of other that have a lot worse penalties than PW. SO the death penalties are far from ridiculous.

Maybe there have been to many mmorpg lately containing no risk with death?
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You can get out of them by paying 30 cents. If you want ridiculous penalties, try this on for size. This is the actual pk system in another mmo.

If you kill players you get red name of course. You do lose exp when you are pked and you can delevel in this game.

When your name is red:

You can't fly
    You can't use ANY npcs
    Players will sit in the red name spawn point, camping you until you drop every single item you own and most likely delevel a good 15+ times in the process.

How's that for ridiculous penalties? b:chuckle You have NO penalties if you pay a mere 30 cents in this game!

Funny thing is, players pk all the time in that game. They can deal with the consequences as harsh as they are. Yet you complain about this game which has little to no consequences at all? Pretty easy to tell they are better than you will ever be at pvp because they don't drop their stuff, they are good enough to just....not...die.

This seems like a game I used to play. I can remember just flying for fun in that game. But there was the day I pked 15 people at one time with an aoe. Someone stronger came along and pked me. I lost a very powerful fist +8. It was a sad day for me. But that is not what made me stop playing that one. I just got bored and went to try a new game.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • jalenstar4ever
    jalenstar4ever Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Seriously.

Why would you want to come to the forums and embarrass yourself like this?

You actually dared join a PvP server, as if you were bad enough, and then you came to the forums and cried like a baby because you lost one item as per the rules of said PvP server?

I knew this forum was full of whiners. but you my friend, just beat them all.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I really don't like the PvP system of this game. the pink name thing is just silly and pkers are always with angels and charms. in another game i used to play there were 30 seconds of self defense once you're attacked with no penalty even if you kill the attacker being you white name or yellow (which means you killed 1). with orange name (2 kills) you lose self defense and with red name (3+ kills) players may get hero status for killing you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear
    Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I've dropped gear before while white named, but people give it back because I'm polite and give gear back aswell.

Also next time fill your bag with random junk or Carry dolls 24/7
    Making new char..Which one? I have a BM..but I want more damage and stuff to do..

Experienced players contact with the cons n pros of there class and where to put points n what skills to up ASAP thanks..
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I got killed by a TT mob and dropped all my Ultimate Substances once LOL. And I was not even in PK mode. That blasted 1% chance rofl.

~S
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I got killed by a TT mob and dropped all my Ultimate Substances once LOL. And I was not even in PK mode. That blasted 1% chance rofl.

~S

LOL sorry to laugh, but that's kinda funny and unlucky xD
    Making new char..Which one? I have a BM..but I want more damage and stuff to do..

Experienced players contact with the cons n pros of there class and where to put points n what skills to up ASAP thanks..
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    LOL sorry to laugh, but that's kinda funny and unlucky xD
    yeah I was like.. hey wait wtf? ahh ****! lol

~S
    edited March 2009
    Options
    yeah I was like.. hey wait wtf? ahh ****! lol

~S

I once saw a guy lose his striders vest to a random mob lol, picked it up and returned it.

• Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Fully agree with the OP and that was a pretty major influence in deciding to play on a pve server. Dropping items when you're white is just plain bs and is one of the more suckiest aspects of this game. Big thumbs down to the dev that thought this was a good idea.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

Binding charms prevents drop of items and so do guardian angels

And to be honest i dont think you should even have to lose something that is equipped. that would devastate me
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vikeltrina - Lost City
    Vikeltrina - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    why on earth should i be forced to carry guardian angles while white named? Thats just a stupid money sink in my opinion. I understand fully carrying them while rednamed or even knowing youre going into a pvp fight where you could go rednamed. But dropping equipped gear while whitenamed is just stupid.

Binding gear is even dumber. Hey lets bind all my gear so it wont drop but once i level up and need new gear I wont be able to sell my old gear to pay for it. yea thats really smart.

This game fails plain and simple I join a pvp server to pvp and have fun at it. not get pked while white named and drop my gear.
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

~S

I got killed by a mob in TT and dropped a chieftain's edge. Blue named. Never seen that before.
  • pesouion12
    pesouion12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

When your name is red:

You can't fly
    You can't use ANY npcs

Haha I see someone played Flyff
  • Shoshoni - Sanctuary
    Shoshoni - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    disregard this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    On the Warriors path. Always with Honor! A Saitada Alt.
  • Fedxd - Lost City
    Fedxd - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    While I agree with you entirely, you should already know by now about dolls, and the PvE servers. I'm quite sure you do know, in fact, so what is the problem?

It is pretty disappointing though, that there is still a chance of dropping while white. I think it should just be 0% chance. =\
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    PvP is good PvP is great but when you get pked and drop one of your most valuable items and youre whitenamed. Thats bullcrap. I got pked yesterday and dropped my +4 4 socket boots of tiger strength. Some person walked by afterwards picked them up(not even the person who pked me) and then of course refused to give them back saying thats just the way the game is. I can understand dropping stuff when youre rednamed or even purple named but dropping things while white named is complete and utter **** so as far as im concerned this games done. I was enjoying it but im not about to play a game where you can lose your items to anyone at any time that you have invested a lot of time and coin into.
    carry dolls or bond your equipment QQ
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    why on earth should i be forced to carry guardian angles while white named? Thats just a stupid money sink in my opinion.
    How often do you die? 20, 30 times a day?

At 35k per Angel I can't imagine them being a serious money sink for all but the most reckless of players.

I've died 3 times so far (4 if you count the deliberate suicide for Aware of Discord), and I think my girlfriend has died maybe 6 or 7 times as a (now lvl. 59) Veno. So at 35k per angel that would be 385k spent over 5 months of play for 2 people. I earn that much in 2 days of cat-shop selling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    How often do you die? 20, 30 times a day?

At 35k per Angel I can't imagine them being a serious money sink for all but the most reckless of players.

I've died 3 times so far (4 if you count the deliberate suicide for Aware of Discord), and I think my girlfriend has died maybe 6 or 7 times as a (now lvl. 59) Veno. So at 35k per angel that would be 385k spent over 5 months of play for 2 people. I earn that much in 2 days of cat-shop selling.

ZZZ If you carry dolls while white named to stop you from losing exp is....just no one does it. Depending on your guild you may be pked a lot, hence losing dolls even if you dont fight back. So when you actually need the dolls for exp loss its gone or w/e. Its not because we are reckless its just because of whats happening. If you are in a big pk guild, expect to be crashed and pked. People who aren't might benefit from carrying dolls while white but there is always a risk it will be used. I just dont use dolls anymore, if I drop while I'm pink idc just invo items that i don't care about, if I'm red I afk in safe until my time is up. 9 more lvls till i bind everything and go pking mwahhahahahahahaha b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?