Comments

• DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Meditating is for noobs
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I get invites all the time to squad and more often than not they are from players without HP and Mana charms.

It can be a little "irritating" to be grinding the Quest mob nonstop because I do have the Charms while the other squad member(s) take frequent time outs to med.

I'm am talking about 20s-30s lvl players here. IMHO the $1.60 for the 2 Bronze charms is well spent at these levels, since they took me all the way to 30+ before needing replacement. Also once you get into the 20s the increased speed of grinding and dragon quest drops alone easily pay for in game purchase of charms if they don't want to use real money.

I'm wondering if other players have similar opinions and players that don't buy charms ... why? I can understand how it can get ridiculously pricely at higher levels with Zhen parties etc. but at lower levels it is totally worth it.

I am asking this because I hate turning down squad invites to someone who asks nicely... but when they are medding all the time ... uggggggh!

Some players prefer not to chainkill, they wanna lvl slow and get quests done after 3 hours. They like to take long meditation breaks surrounded by tulips and have guildchatt breaks and coffeybreaks and going to the toilette for 20 min, even when they're in party with others. Specially if people in the party are doing the quest for them while they meditate - so they dont have to use any mp.

People have different gaming styles and its not much to do about it.
    I just left party without a word if they refused to pot or use charms and started medding...or kicked them from party b:angry.
    If someone is to cheap (or to poor to buy pots/charm) to chainkill they can do the quests with themselves...or others that also like to meditate to restore full mp.
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Who levels that slow at lvl 20 n 30.. thats noob.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    aw thats so right. if ppl play at different paces then let them play w/ others that play at the same pace as them

i understand its frustrating when u're squadded w/ somebody and while ur breaking ur **** and charms killing mobs, hes getting the exp and items sitting in a bubble. but u dun have to get angry about it, certainly not force them to speed up cuz that'd just get u nowhere. they can go squad w/ other ppl who play slow and meditate, u can make some friends that also value speed and squad w/ them.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I went 4 weeks or less with my cashstop gold hp/mp charms.I would of liked to have seen them last longer especialy my mp charm but at 75% it should be reduced to 25%.This my Cleric and I have lots of mana at my lvl.I have Veno as wel but idon't sem to use that much energy compared to to my cleric.

I don't need my mana restored at 75% I need it restored at 10% really.I am using a potion now as later I may get another spirit charm.I believe this makes players play them game better to use thier energy wisely.I play anther game as healer and we have ot manage our energy and there a no charms we just use off hands and good weapons.The same goes with the melee class they use good weapons and shields.

I would say the charms are crutch in way and meding is part of the game story.It would be nice if you toggle them off when just questing doing FBs is good time to use them.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Meditating is for noobs
    Don't play Everquest then. b:laugh

~S
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I went 4 weeks or less with my cashstop gold hp/mp charms.I would of liked to have seen them last longer especialy my mp charm but at 75% it should be reduced to 25%.This my Cleric and I have lots of mana at my lvl.I have Veno as wel but idon't sem to use that much energy compared to to my cleric.

I don't need my mana restored at 75% I need it restored at 10% really.I am using a potion now as later I may get another spirit charm.I believe this makes players play them game better to use thier energy wisely.I play anther game as healer and we have ot manage our energy and there a no charms we just use off hands and good weapons.The same goes with the melee class they use good weapons and shields.

I would say the charms are crutch in way and meding is part of the game story.It would be nice if you toggle them off when just questing doing FBs is good time to use them.

i think this is to make sure all classes with any builds can use mana charms to sustain any lvl of channeling (cough archers). hypothetically, say you have lvl 11 barrage, thats 655 mana every 3s. if charm pops at 10% like you suggest, you've just spent coins on a charm but still can't sustain your ult! do u get it? a lvl 99 full dex archer has about 2.2k base mana, at the third wave (655x3) you wont have enough mana for the wave after that but your mana won't be at 10% yet. the charm does jack and the channeling stops.

50% is more appropriate. or maybe we should be able to set when its appropriate for the charm to pop,
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Charms are a luxury, but are wonderful to have. I really like the Spirit Charms better than the HP ones, as they are a much better deal than pots... however...

!!!!USE YOUR APOTHECARY SKILLS!!!!!

You can make some truly GREAT items, with herbs you can pick FOR FREE!

Sure, maybe you don't want to spend the time to farm... but if you know which herbs and mats you need for your skills, you can selectively pick, and every dozen or so quests, you can have enough mats to make more of whatever you need.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    i think this is to make sure all classes with any builds can use mana charms to sustain any lvl of channeling (cough archers). hypothetically, say you have lvl 11 barrage, thats 655 mana every 3s. if charm pops at 10% like you suggest, you've just spent coins on a charm but still can't sustain your ult! do u get it? a lvl 99 full dex archer has about 2.2k base mana, at the third wave (655x3) you wont have enough mana for the wave after that but your mana won't be at 10% yet. the charm does jack and the channeling stops.

50% is more appropriate. or maybe we should be able to set when its appropriate for the charm to pop,
    That all depends on how much energy they are suing though compared to a Cleric or Wizard.When I say 10 % it will fully recover at 75% you aren't using much energy.

The other game I mentioning is Guild Wars where balance is everything as you need more skill to play it.
  • Sir_walter - Heavens Tear
    Sir_walter - Heavens Tear Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I don't care if someone chooses not to use charms be it for cost restraints or personal preference, But I also will not wait for them to Meditate while grinding or doing any other activity FB,TT etc. I will just keep going with or without them.
  • Agentzero - Lost City
    Agentzero - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    if they take time to med, kick them out of the squad.
    hate those kind of people. selfish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ok here we go
    yes i am poor
    yes charms are a few bucks.

i am not gonna pay for charms. i am a tank a barb and my damage is low my hp is high. i had a gold charm given to me so i could tank a couple of mobs that were above my lvl. i used it all ALL in one day. as in 24 hours. my charm ticks once per mob i have 7k hp so when it ticks it is twice what yours is. 600k hp goes really fast. when i don't use a charm i can chain about 5 mobs at a time then i sit and meditate for oh 30 bleeding seconds and am back to kill. if i use a pot it is kill 5 pop pot meditate then kill.

all i can say is for those ppl who can't wait 30 seconds i really feel bad for your girlfirends or should i say ex girls. ok yeah..

and repair costs to you archers and clerics enjoy not spending a dime after a day of runing bosses or fb's while your tank is saddled with yes 100k repair bill.

it was refreshing to hear the venos who understand that every class costs money to play. and on the subject of cost I AM PLAYING A FREE TO PLAY GAME. this means i either don't wish to spend over 30 bucks a month on subsription or i can't. using a gold charm a day NULLIFIES the FREE to play aspect of the game. and so you know at lvl 62 my justice quests cost over 30k being as every justice quest give over 12k repair bill then pots then buying the quest it's self.
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    ok here we go

all i can say is for those ppl who can't wait 30 seconds i really feel bad for your girlfirends or should i say ex girls. ok yeah..

and repair costs to you archers and clerics enjoy not spending a dime after a day of runing bosses or fb's while your tank is saddled with yes 100k repair bill.

I would like to remind you of our skill costs being Clerics in coin and spirit alone.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ok here we go

I would like to take a moment to point out how many charms a cleric has to burn to be effective when helping to run said FBs... or TT... or zhenning. Had you said Archers and Venos, I could understand. But Cleric is one of, if not the most expensive class in the game to play as. Kindly leave their costs out of this.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    as a wiz, using charms is not a good deal. i don't use hp charms because i can heal myself so easily i rarely use any hp potion. and mp charms are quite too expensive to me because i have nearly 11k mp. mp potions are also expensive because they don't really help much... the only thing i use is arctic orbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I would like to remind you of our skill costs being Clerics in coin and spirit alone.

*Looks at barb skill costs. looks at cleric skills costs.*
    Looks the same to me b:victory

Though yes, clerics use a ton of mp and if using pots/charms does add up b:surrender
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Astrate - Sanctuary
    Astrate - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I didn't buy any charms yet, all I do is make myself a lvl. 1 hp rejuv. and lvl 2 mana rejuv. My hp and mana stay full constantly while grinding or farming mats. Make a bunch and go for hours with no downtime. Herbs are easy to farm and they don't cost anything.
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    On my wizard, I don't use charms. I'm pure int, so my HP is low enough that if I get hit a few times (even with maxed sheilds), my HP charm ticks....and I die anyway while it refreshes. MP charms tick when my mana gets below 75%...you know how fast a charm drains when you're Dragon's Breathing an FB boss? Even in grinding normal mobs, it goes off every couple of mobs, or sooner, if its Increased Life.

On my cleric, again, one hit normally sets off a tick on my HP charm. I wear one only on my cleric because I do find myself in range of boss AOEs when I'm trying to spam heal the tank. Which, coincidently, is the reason I don't use MP charms...I've wasted a gold in two days.

Please remember that not everyone who plays has the same comforts as you. Not every 13 year-old has access to mom and dad's plastic card, and while you can buy them in game from other players, I'm sure most people would rather spend that 80k-450k on skills, gear, and those 100k repair bills that, yes, Barbs (and even BMs) get. If a person chooses not to use a charm, they have their reasons. For some classes, its not cost efficent, and for others, its just not in their play style.
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    At the end of the day it's down to individuals how they play. If you don't like people that med, don't squad with them - personally it doesn't bother me. I always use a HP charm as I'm a squishy low HP Pureint mage that does plenty of fb's / TT's / bossruns / zhens, but to be honest the only time that I have a mp charm on is when I am zhenning or when I've finished zhenning but still have charm left.

Just under 11k mana and using spark/sutra to regain 10% mana each time you can go a fair way before needing to med up. Having said that, if mp charms ticked at 50% then I'd wear one all the time - it's just that when I wear a charm now I only have access to around 2.7k of my mana before the charm ticks, which isn't a lot when you are grinding...
  • Black_fall - Heavens Tear
    Black_fall - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Play style. That's all it is.

My Barb has a wack build (lol, quite a few points in mag...) because he was my first character, and I was clueless. So I take it upon myself to always be loaded with HP and MP potions, Life Powder and whatever else I can find/buy/manufacture to help me look less pathetic, and keep me going in a fight. And I usually keep a bronze charm equiped.

That being said, he's also always poor. He'll never amass a small fortune to buy anything great in game. And I've messed around with 'proper builds' on other characters, so I can understand how they end up with pathetic HP/MP. I can't see being upset by people wanting to rest. Either rest with them and save you pots, or leave the squad.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I hate charming. Those stupid things get in the way of how I usually do things. I tend to drop my MP down to about 10%, use Nature's Grace, Soul Transfusion, and then Metabolic Boost. Then, I keep killing things.

Now... I will say one thing... After my latest fiasco PKing, I do use them for PK battles. I know the other side is going to have them, so I might as well even the playing field, you know? But that still irks me, because afterwards, I still have the stupid things equipped when I go back to grinding. I personally think they should NOT be a bound item, and be able to be equiped, and unequiped at will. Just make them a "Does not drop upon death" Item. You'd probably make a LOT of people very happy.

Back to the original topic. You wanna meditate? Go ahead. But if I catch you just sitting there the entire time I'm fighting, I'm going to kick you faster than you can say "WTF?". And meditating at 80% of your MP left? Don't even think about it. You'd better actually need to meditate before you take a seat. I squaded with you for a reason. We're both there, doing a quest together. Emphasis on TOGETHER. That doesn't mean you can go get a bite to eat, or have a smoke break, or chat with your guildies while the Veno does all your work for you. I'm doing you a favor. I could do just as well without your help, get more EXP and drops, and not have to worry about what's attacking you.

I do apologize if I seem ranty. I've had a lot of bad experiences with people that ask for help, find the nearest tree, and park themselves in it.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Don't play Everquest then. b:laugh

~S

This is the most true post on this thread.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If you're getting irritated by people not playing the game how you are playing the game, then the problem isn't them, it's you.

I totally agree. I am actually surprised that it took so many posts until yours to finally set the original QQers straight.

I can't believe someone actually had the pelotas to complain about people resting during combat and secondly complaining how they don't want to "not" squad with them.

This is probably in the top 5 most stupid QQing I have yet to read on the forums.

I am not even going to suggest what the OP and any supporters should do in these situations because it is sooooo ridiculous.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.