Character to different server transfer

Comments

• Aezy - Sanctuary
    Aezy - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Transfers would be fine if the following happened:
    PVE to PVE.
    PVP to PVP.
    LOSS of Faction (eliminates the complaints about owning areas).
    Name change if conflicting with an already established character.
    ALL personal effects kept (inv slots, bank slots, bought items, inv items, gear, coin).
    ONE TIME Transfer for free, multiple transfers costing cash.

Ive seen other games do character transfers to other servers, it doesnt affect the economy as much as naysayers think, no worse than someone dumping real money into a bunch of items then NPC selling the items to increase the inworld coin amount. Not to mention most people dont understand an in game economy anyways.
  • Murugan - Lost City
    Murugan - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    *sigh*

Honestly, suck it up. I had to switch from my 7X mage from the MY EN version to PWI. Why? Lag was so terrible I couldn't kill lvl 70+ mobs without a charm. And gold charms go for 1.7 mil there -_-

The lag on the West Coast servers is minimal at worst. If you're lagging outside of Arch, chances are it's due to your computer, not the server itself. In case you were wondering, I do in fact live on the East Coast.

Don't go making the same mistake I did. At lvl 50 or so, just like you guys now, I chose to stick it out until it just seemed poinless to continue. Now I'm only lvl 57 in what were formally the "new" servers, when I could have been 80+ by now had I switched when the servers first came out.

If the lag is REALLY that bad, switch now. PWI will NEVER allow the transfer of characters to occur. If they did, everyone lvl 80+ would want to switch over to gain an easy chunk of land.
    If you think about it, it wouldn't make sense financially for PWI to allow characters to switch over. People who invested time and money on the West Coast servers are likely to do so again if they like the East Coast servers better.

I, for one, will stay in Lost City. I'm not gonna start from lvl 1 a third time -_-
    Plus, my guild's doing great :D
    /*sigh*
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well, I have seen twice now the GMs say that character transfers are not available "at this time"
    This hints that they may be possible in the future.

Right now I'm more interested in the ability to change character names. I want to take the name of one of my characters and put it on another one of my characters.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary
    Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I noticed how PWE is hinting in their replies to tickets suggesting transfers that they didn't have them "at this time". They might as well be able to do transfers. Personally I like how Aezy put how they should go about the transfers. There might very well be a transfer comming up once they get the data sorted out with the servers now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Kinda mixed feelings about this and some of you guys and girls supply good arguments for and against it. b:victory
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
    edited March 2009
    there are many ways this can work and theres many ways this can't work. the main thing that decides that is how the players react to it. would they cheat the system or will they just use it as it should be used. it's actually more on the faith of the company towards the players of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • animeoutlaw
    animeoutlaw Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I agree in full. I used to play this game until they came out with the International Servers. I was rather bumed that I couldn't transfer my characters over to the newer/faster server. I was getting sick of the insane lag; not to mention some of the language barries and the time restrictions from playing with people on the opposite coast. If they made it so we could switch, I would probably play again.

Though I still might jump back in. But I would be happier if I could do it with the characters I worked so hard on and spent so many hours playing. >_>
  • Minny - Dreamweaver
    Minny - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I haven't read pages 2-3, but there is another flaw in this, unless, somehow, it can be changed -- but no doubt would take too much time and effort.

There were names I wanted on HT, but I couldn't take them because someone else already grabbed it before I could. However, when I went onto Dreamweaver, I was able to make the name that I wanted. Several names actually, that I'm sure that has already been taken on HT. So this would be an issue. Otherwise, I think this is a great idea.
  • Yollom - Lost City
    Yollom - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I wont agree with NNN ..; but a one way transfer should be an available option .

Yes a one way transfer to reduce lag only, not an opportunity for the high levels to go and server hop to level all there friends up...
  • Daagor - Sanctuary
    Daagor - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If the transfer option were to be made possible the whole point of moving to the new server would be wasted as well as unfair to all those who decided to go and are already killing themselves to get there among the first (friendly competition is a good thing...). Besides, one of the reason many people moved was that since that gold glitch servers are overflowing with coins and economy is ****, if you have ppl bring their chars and stuff with them the economy would be the same on the new server, as well as you'd have strong faction move and instantly own new server which would also be ****.
    This way there is same fighting chances for everyone, and it's a lot more fun when you actually have the chance to accomplish something instead of chasing after people that have been playing months before you came...
  • stud69
    stud69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I don't think a character transfer should be allowed. I came to this server for a level playing field. The Sanctuary server is already completely owned and set. This server allows ppl to start over and have a chance of making a new faction and possibly owning land.

I have a lvl 77 barb on the Sanctuary server and have invested money and time into him. That is a choice I made to transfer to Dreamweaver server. Maybe at the very most, all boutique items could be transfered(rides/flying/clothes/Boutique Gold). If ingame coin/items could be transfered, some ppl would have a ton of coin and then unbalance the play again.

Thx
    Dalean
  • Mystic_touch - Sanctuary
    Mystic_touch - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i am against the server charcter change....i have a lvl 14 wiz and 26 cleric on dreamweaver.....i switched over bc it's a fresh start and i luv it... i do miss my money, mounts, and my clothes lol..... but it's fun building up a new charcter in a new world, and watching it grow and expand if they let ppl do that it would not be fair to the ppl who have worked on on lvling thier charcters..and make pw ranking system unfair..... if u don't want to work at having a new charcter in a new world then stay where u are... but maybe if they had a interchangable safemand got those wardorabe closets done and made them interchangable that would be cool and help out alot .......b:pleased i luv the new server please don't ruin it
    edited March 2009
    Since TW is going 2 always be the main issue here then how about thins idea. Once you switch you have to not only ditch your old faction but you also can not enter the TW battlefield for a month, even is you go join a faction on a new server you still cant enter.

But hell @ this point I think i might as well be set if we can adjust the clocks in the game to fit our time zones cause i'm sick of having a clock next to me being is pacific time when i'm on the eastern coast just to know when some events are going down in the game.

I'm just trying to think of ways to reduce lag in this game which has built up massively. I need a new video card to play this game even just to walk in some area since lag seems to be radiating from Archosaur to nearly anywhere near a 10 km radius of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • holychrist
    holychrist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Able to Move Characters from Realm to Realm, If server gets laggy move your char to a less lagy one..I started on west server i would like to move my char to east server with out loseing anything where its less laggy i can't even move in plum city the lag kills me in citys..i am abought to give up on this game and go back to world of warcraft...because of the frustration... I would even pay real mony for this or zen!! I support you 100000000000000000000000 inf %
    edited March 2009
    holychrist wrote: »
    Able to Move Characters from Realm to Realm, If server gets laggy move your char to a less lagy one..I started on west server i would like to move my char to east server with out loseing anything where its less laggy i can't even move in plum city the lag kills me in citys..i am abought to give up on this game and go back to world of warcraft...because of the frustration... I would even pay real mony for this or zen!! I support you 100000000000000000000000 inf %

Your not the only one actually thinking of quitting this game because of all the lag. Me and my friend/co-worker Eros_Phoenix(I know his real name but due to the fact of the game i'm just gonna call him by his character name) are thinking of quitting this game cause were getting sick of the lag and we don't want to lose our characters to switch to a less laggy server.

Those saying yes are mainly saying it cause of the lag and those saying no are only worried about TW and the not-so-fragile economy of the different servers. Let's all stop on the 1 side or the other think for now and find a meeting ground that we would all be happy with this game on both east coast and west coast. in other words find a way to reduce lag in west coast servers for east coast players without switching and maybe adjustable clocks for different timezones or a way to restrict the TW for those who would transfer.

anyone up for this or are we all gonna keep acting like a bunch of immature kids and keep thinking our own views are the best cause i've been looking at both sides of this arguement since i started this thread and both sides make real good points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • holychrist
    edited March 2009
    Able to Move Characters from Realm to Realm, If server gets laggy move your char to a less lagy one..I started on west server i would like to move my char to east server with out loseing anything where its less laggy i can't even move in plum city the lag kills me in citys..i am abought to give up on this game and go back to world of warcraft...because of the frustration... I would even pay real mony for this or zen!!

i live on the east coast well i live in ky and my char is only level 15 and i don't have speacial items and i don't have any other chars just tired of the lag

Even world of warcraft allows you to transfer your char for a fee or by them opening a local realm for your area to reduse lag on servers. I gess Better Programers..

My Char Name is PrinceEric no faction no group i live to help the ladies lol
    Your not the only one actually thinking of quitting this game because of all the lag. Me and my friend/co-worker Eros_Phoenix(I know his real name but due to the fact of the game i'm just gonna call him by his character name) are thinking of quitting this game cause were getting sick of the lag and we don't want to lose our characters to switch to a less laggy server.

Those saying yes are mainly saying it cause of the lag and those saying no are only worried about TW and the not-so-fragile economy of the different servers. Let's all stop on the 1 side or the other think for now and find a meeting ground that we would all be happy with this game on both east coast and west coast. in other words find a way to reduce lag in west coast servers for east coast players without switching and maybe adjustable clocks for different timezones or a way to restrict the TW for those who would transfer.

anyone up for this or are we all gonna keep acting like a bunch of immature kids and keep thinking our own views are the best cause i've been looking at both sides of this arguement since i started this thread and both sides make real good points.
    edited March 2009
    For the sake of sorting out everything here i started a new thread so we cn finally come to a compromise and brainstorm what would be the best choice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xiasa - Dreamweaver
    Xiasa - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Able to Move Characters from Realm to Realm, If server gets laggy move your char to a less lagy one..I started on west server i would like to move my char to east server with out loseing anything where its less laggy i can't even move in plum city the lag kills me in citys..i am abought to give up on this game and go back to world of warcraft...because of the frustration... I would even pay real mony for this or zen!!

i live on the east coast well i live in ky and my char is only level 15 and i don't have speacial items and i don't have any other chars just tired of the lag

Even world of warcraft allows you to transfer your char for a fee or by them opening a local realm for your area to reduse lag on servers. I gess Better Programers..

My Char Name is PrinceEric no faction no group i live to help the ladies lol

Sorry, but, I played World of Warcraft for 3 years, from beta (2004) up until November 2007. My mains were on the Earthen Ring server. Around April 2006, they introduced some new servers. My husband and I went to one of the new servers. We were not able to transfer our main characters to the new server until October 2006. In essense:

World of Warcraft waits 6 months before opening a new server to transfers, in effort to allow the new server's community to establish itself.

It's not better programming, so to speak, but common sense.

If PWI waits 4-6 months to open a new server to transfers, you won't need any silly rulings concerning transfers & TW (which, btw, would require even MORE coding, to keep transfers from participating in TW for a month). Remember, this game is free to play (does not require a monthly fee), so expecting that type of coding is a bit demanding.

The way transfers should work is:

1) When the new server and it's economy is established (4-6 months),
    2) Requires a fee of $25-$50 (frankly, the people coming up with $100-200 amounts are smoking something they shouldn't be),
    3) There should be a cooldown on transfers (you can only transfer the same character once every 2 months or so), or make it a one time only thing,
    4) Your transferring character can only bring their current equipment & fashion that they are wearing,
    5) Your transferring character can only bring a certain amount of money (like 20k per level; so a level 50 can bring 1,000,000 at most)
    6) Your transferring character should not have any mail pending, and should be faction-less.

If the lag is THAT bad; start over on the new server & wait to bring your mains later on.
    If it isn't, then stay put.

How's THAT?

(And just a little FYI: I left 4 level 70 characters when I left WoW. I have a level 83 warrior and a level 45 priest on the PW:MY/Eng server, as well. I just left a level 18 warrior and level 19 cleric on the Heavens Tear server, too. Starting over isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. The old characters are still there, in case you ever go back.)
  • holychrist
    edited March 2009
    I Play world of warcrat now woklk 3.0.9 current version my privete server
    is free to play (does not require a monthly fee), and i have imported my chars form the origional servers lagit!! one as well as past privite servers..if i can do it they can...please....when i was playing on lagit servers i moved 3 times do to lag keeping my char and stuff with out paying any more than the monunthly fee..and i still play now keeping my server up to date and being Gm and play normal..Blah waits 6 months before opening a new server to transfers, in effort to allow the new server's community to establish itself !!Blah!! i transfered the first day a new server opened this is 2009 man not 2004 so to speak, but common sense it took me an hour to make my char on the char make screen do you think i will give him up that ez please and them opening up new servers close to me one or two weeks from the day i started playing the game and not letting me move to them is Bs
    And yes the lag is THAT bad....I also i allready offered them real money to transfer my char to the other server and they told me no. It's not better programming? Yea Right!!
    Sorry, but, I played World of Warcraft for 3 years, from beta (2004) up until November 2007. My mains were on the Earthen Ring server. Around April 2006, they introduced some new servers. My husband and I went to one of the new servers. We were not able to transfer our main characters to the new server until October 2006. In essense:

World of Warcraft waits 6 months before opening a new server to transfers, in effort to allow the new server's community to establish itself.

It's not better programming, so to speak, but common sense.

If PWI waits 4-6 months to open a new server to transfers, you won't need any silly rulings concerning transfers & TW (which, btw, would require even MORE coding, to keep transfers from participating in TW for a month). Remember, this game is free to play (does not require a monthly fee), so expecting that type of coding is a bit demanding.

The way transfers should work is:

1) When the new server and it's economy is established (4-6 months),
    2) Requires a fee of $25-$50 (frankly, the people coming up with $100-200 amounts are smoking something they shouldn't be),
    3) There should be a cooldown on transfers (you can only transfer the same character once every 2 months or so), or make it a one time only thing,
    4) Your transferring character can only bring their current equipment & fashion that they are wearing,
    5) Your transferring character can only bring a certain amount of money (like 20k per level; so a level 50 can bring 1,000,000 at most)
    6) Your transferring character should not have any mail pending, and should be faction-less.

If the lag is THAT bad; start over on the new server & wait to bring your mains later on.
    If it isn't, then stay put.

How's THAT?

(And just a little FYI: I left 4 level 70 characters when I left WoW. I have a level 83 warrior and a level 45 priest on the PW:MY/Eng server, as well. I just left a level 18 warrior and level 19 cleric on the Heavens Tear server, too. Starting over isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. The old characters are still there, in case you ever go back.)
  • Xiasa - Dreamweaver
    Xiasa - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I Play world of warcrat now woklk 3.0.9 current version my privete server
    is free to play (does not require a monthly fee), and i have imported my chars form the origional servers lagit!! one as well as past privite servers..if i can do it they can...please....when i was playing on lagit servers i moved 3 times do to lag keeping my char and stuff with out paying any more than the monunthly fee..and i still play now keeping my server up to date and being Gm and play normal..Blah waits 6 months before opening a new server to transfers, in effort to allow the new server's community to establish itself !!Blah!! i transfered the first day a new server opened this is 2009 man not 2004 so to speak, but common sense it took me an hour to make my char on the char make screen do you think i will give him up that ez please and them opening up new servers close to me one or two weeks from the day i started playing the game and not letting me move to them is Bs
    And yes the lag is THAT bad....I also i allready offered them real money to transfer my char to the other server and they told me no. It's not better programming? Yea Right!!

Heh, you make me laugh, and not in a good way (for you).

I won't even touch on the legality of what you just posted. All I'll say on it is that I think programmers have a right to compensated for their hard work. (I remember having to agree to terms when registering for ANY online game download, just like everyone else, including YOU.)

First, PWI went open beta back in September. You (like me) didn't start until February. That's our tough luck.

Second, I spent a lot of time customizing my characters as well, (and spent, you know, real hard earned money). So, you aren't the only one.

Lastly, legit online servers revolve around the community that plays on them, not the individual. We're talking about a LOT of people's time now, not just mine or yours.

My advice to you is suck it up, and get over it. I'm pretty sure there's quite a few people who have invested a lot more time than you, that made the switch, or are considering it.

Peace...I'm done.
    edited March 2009
    If conversation is going to continue on this topic can we keep to the original topic at hand? This thread is mainly for telling reasons why you support or do not support the character transfers. There is another thread for placing your own suggestions to help reduce lag or have fair transfers.

Please follow these guidelines and try not to get off task. Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roto - Heavens Tear
    Roto - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    this is a good idea but i do think that if they impliment this, there should be a price involved...
    "Hey, I don't make the rules, I just twist them to my purpose." -Celia (Order Of The Stick)
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, make it cost like 50-100 gold to do this. And you cant keep any of your equips, coins, ect. This really should be that big of a deal. There are many games that allow this for a set fee, but make it hurt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _____ - Harshlands
    _____ - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I don't think we should because some of us (including me) came to this server for a fresh start, with no high lvl 9x 1 shotting us when we are trying to grind.
    b:bye
  • Kitzuma - Lost City
    Kitzuma - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'm from europe and playng on the Lost City server. The server latency is geting worse since i started playng the game.
    The east coast servers latency is twice better.
    I spent lots of money, time and effort on my char and i don't want to start a new one on the other server. So i'm going to leave the game because of lag, if they won't support character transfer.
  • AxeMaster_ - Harshlands
    AxeMaster_ - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Yes a billon times yes!
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    There r so many flaws in this idea its insane. U r going to have ppl go on PvE servers lvl to like 90 then go to PvP. If u have such a problem with lag then switch i live on the east coast but still play HT because i didnt reali want to lose 70 lvls. Maybe if they let u transfer your CS items then it would be better but to shift your toon over never gonna happen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PureShots - Lost City
    PureShots - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Yes I hope we suceed
  • PureShots - Lost City
    PureShots - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    There r so many flaws in this idea its insane. U r going to have ppl go on PvE servers lvl to like 90 then go to PvP. If u have such a problem with lag then switch i live on the east coast but still play HT because i didnt reali want to lose 70 lvls. Maybe if they let u transfer your CS items then it would be better but to shift your toon over never gonna happen
    Maybe make this move a one time thing for ea of your char
  • Iccyfoxx - Heavens Tear
    Iccyfoxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Yes. Very yes! HT lags SO much in Arch. Maybe if this comes true, then people will switch, and it WON'T lag!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to ForsakenX for the sig.
    Killing with flair.
    "Suck my Magmite!"-xXFoxxyXx
This discussion has been closed.