Did Everyone Have A Nice Jolly Week?

Options
EGiFZ - Heavens Tear
EGiFZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 188 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Hi! I was wondering if everyone had a nice outcome during the jolly event this week. My faction helped out by getting a lot of goodies for everyone in P.W.I. to help balance the outrageous prices on them, that came from this event. I personally had a fun time, even though I hardly slept.

Our prices were the cheapest around which not only gave rookies a chance to acquire a nice item, at an affordable price, which also gave others the chance to really have something and more of it. I would like to know, from the public on Heaven's Tear, if we did a great job! This being said, I have put a poll up for everyone to vote.

Sincerely,

EGiFZ
Leader
Liberatos
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by EGiFZ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Deathnote - Harshlands
    Deathnote - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yep, I'm going to be random dropping All the lame ring molds I got. I'd say were the most useless out of the whole prize. No ones going to buy it anyway lol..
    Bringing fear and widespread random deaths into the Harshlands, that is my goal..

IGN: Shinigamii, WR

Death Note Rule #18
    A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the gods of death.
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    EG and his crew are the reason I am able to level up so quickly.

Kudos to your faction for making this event enjoyable for all on a budget.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Why do you have the same option twice? O_o
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I never stopped by your shop because I was trying to save my money this week, but I'll give you kudos as well. Actually I think I'll reference this thread later on tonight, I'm planning on writing up a big wall-o-text on the event. :P

In short: more people need to do this kind of thing, if only to counteract those among us who are greedy enough to let the gold market inflate like it has.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Dragnbabe - Heavens Tear
    Dragnbabe - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    aye, i saw you're wc's more than i saw anyone else's
    thanks for keeping this event under control with you and your faction's well set prices. :)
    4x veno - dragnbabe
    4x poleblade bm - dragnbaby
    faction: Odinblade
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    one day...
  • Kalepzo - Sanctuary
    Kalepzo - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Loved itb:cute
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I had a great week. So many WC QQers :D I love wasting their money
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You did an ok job I guess..
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    b:mischievous having fun at stripped spider king here
    KILL KILL KILL oops sorry i aoed you
  • Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    EG, good job.

you made the event actually worthwhile - thanks for the cheap stuff :D
  • Chappy_Happy - Heavens Tear
    Chappy_Happy - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Was it you guys that were selling Jiaozi's for 150?

I was camping the shops for a while waiting for prices to drop below 200. Until I got bored and did my quests and ran into your (or faction member's) shop.

Now I can grind without meditating for a loooong while. b:victory
  • EGiFZ - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle
    Yes!
    We stayed up many long hours, collecting the items and placing them out for everyone to have a chance to acquire them.

b:victory
    Lowest Prices!
    "We had the lowest prices amongst all competitors' in P.W.I. history"...

b:kiss
    Every Jolly Item!
    We had every item, and did not hold one item back!

b:pleased
    Satisfied Customers!
    Confucius says, "To be or not to be, Maintainable is the key".

Thank You,

EGiFZ
    Leader
    Liberatos
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear
    Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You all did an amazing job, The prices weren't to much LOWER on some stuff but thats ok.

You all had a nice supply, sell me charms for 250k and I'll be even more happy b:chuckle
    Making new char..Which one? I have a BM..but I want more damage and stuff to do..

Experienced players contact with the cons n pros of there class and where to put points n what skills to up ASAP thanks..
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Your prices were actually okay. There are lots of people selling for cheaper but they don't cash in as many angels as you do so they don't sell as often. Additionally, at the prices you sell at, you still made a lot of money. Which is fine; everyone wants to make money. But I don't think you or your guild single handedly kept the prices the way they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Totally ignored the event. But... the event didn't ignore me back. Since last update the game started to lag badly in different areas. Probably wasn't intend to but nevertheless how are you supposed to play BM when you "freeze" (lag) alltogether with your LV9 roar and be able to do your next move when stun is already worn off and mob is throwing metal at you.

Servers are down to the maintenance now. After that it will be clear whether it will be improving/removing the latest graphical adds that wore the gfx card, or I need to go back to the 600x800 screen and set graphics (which most are already in minimum) to absolute minimum.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I know alot of people enjoyed KSing during the event. That was always enjoyable to watch.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The event was ok. The gems shards that came with the packs saved me tons to combine for higher lvl shards in the future thus saving me some good monies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • EGiFZ - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    b:cry
    Hmn! did I hear da' word profit!
    In game, Gold was as high as 150k per gold, we had purchased with our in game coins. We tried our best to get the lowest priced gold but it didn't happen, so we paid much higher for our gold to help us acquire the event items.

Our prices fluctuated with the gold market depending of the time we had purchased gold.

b:sad
    About having the lowest prices, I had searched all major towns and outer villages. Yes! we did have an impact of maintaining and helping keep the prices down for the entire week!

(1). This is the lowest - highest we had any item up for grabs priced at.

(A). Mp and Hp Pots were 125-200 each!

(B). Training Scrolls were 30-37k each!

(C). Scarlet Fruit were 35k each!

(D). Beautiful Garnet and Sapphire were 65-100k each!

(E). Beautiful Citrine were 90-130k each!

(F). Ring Molds were 1-10k then Free!

(G). Oracles 1 and 2 were 13-15k each and Oracle 3 was 15-25k each!

I Remind you, that these prices are and were impacted by the gold rate exchange, and we did not use a credit card to obtain gold which led us to obtain the event items. This was strictly based off in game coins we had accumulated though wraith attack cash ins and doing a lot of quest, as well as, farming herbs and items.

P.S.
    We had also bought Gold Mp and Hp Charms which sold between 290-310k each! Not to mention any and all types of high-grade mat at 1400-1800

Also helped a lot of others that didn't have coins, so we had trades so they could acquire the event items, which I didn't hardly see any other vendor do!

Thank You,

EGiFZ
    Leader
    Liberatos
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    oracles returned money as well, so with that in mind you sold them for even cheaper
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You all did a wonderful job at working hard to supply these items to the public, good job on working so hard and as a team.
    Making new char..Which one? I have a BM..but I want more damage and stuff to do..

Experienced players contact with the cons n pros of there class and where to put points n what skills to up ASAP thanks..
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    A lot of rich people gained insane exp and levels....but I also gained insane money just by buying bargains and reselling them. b:sin
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
    edited March 2009
    Options
    A lot of rich people gained insane exp and levels....but I also gained insane money just by buying bargains and reselling them. b:sin

Alot of profit was able to be made during this event lol, I personally bought oracles for me and my wife to get us from 55-60(61 give or take)..So it worked out nicely with oracles, Im sure I made someone lots during the process of buying these oracles lol.

• sparqy
    sparqy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I'll put my 2 cents in for the PWxChange perspective.

Only near the very end of the event did we raise our prices to a point where I would consider high. This is reflective of the gold price near the end, and the desire to actually use some of the items ourselves, after the event finished.

Now for any haters out there, I only had a few hours of sleep this entire patch, and I had to stare at Jolly Jones for hours until my eyes bled.

Also a lot of merchants seem to hate what EGiFZ was doing, but I for one loved it. If I buy something for 12k and sell for 15k, or buy something for 15k and sell for 18k, its the same profit. But If the item is 12k then I can buy more of them and thus sell more of them.

In fact, I stopped selling SOF/Feather during this time because I refuse to sell them for 2800-3000 each because that is just too expensive for 9999 of them.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    b:cry
    Hmn! did I hear da' word profit!
    In game, Gold was as high as 150k per gold, we had purchased with our in game coins. We tried our best to get the lowest priced gold but it didn't happen, so we paid much higher for our gold to help us acquire the event items.

Our prices fluctuated with the gold market depending of the time we had purchased gold.

b:sad
    About having the lowest prices, I had searched all major towns and outer villages. Yes! we did have an impact of maintaining and helping keep the prices down for the entire week!

(1). This is the lowest - highest we had any item up for grabs priced at.

(A). Mp and Hp Pots were 125-200 each!

(B). Training Scrolls were 30-37k each!

(C). Scarlet Fruit were 35k each!

(D). Beautiful Garnet and Sapphire were 65-100k each!

(E). Beautiful Citrine were 90-130k each!

(F). Ring Molds were 1-10k then Free!

(G). Oracles 1 and 2 were 13-15k each and Oracle 3 was 15-25k each!

I Remind you, that these prices are and were impacted by the gold rate exchange, and we did not use a credit card to obtain gold which led us to obtain the event items. This was strictly based off in game coins we had accumulated though wraith attack cash ins and doing a lot of quest, as well as, farming herbs and items.

P.S.
    We had also bought Gold Mp and Hp Charms which sold between 290-310k each! Not to mention any and all types of high-grade mat at 1400-1800

Also helped a lot of others that didn't have coins, so we had trades so they could acquire the event items, which I didn't hardly see any other vendor do!

Thank You,

EGiFZ
    Leader
    Liberatos
    You indeed heard the word profit, because even if you bought gold 130K a piece and sold at the prices you listed you would have gained money.

And no you were not selling at the lowest prices. They were reasonably low, yes, I am not arguing against that, but they were not the LOWEST.

While you may have encouraged some merchants to sell lower just to compete with you, I highly doubt you single handedly affected the economy. For one, you are but one of hundreds of sellers, all of whom are sell at similar or lower prices. Two, the prices the items ended up at reflect 1) how much the item is worth normally scaled against 2) its availability at...say....35-40K/angel. Hate to break it to you but things would have been around that price regardless.

No one would sell gems lower than 60K because that's the price of AVERAGE shards. No one would buy higher than 150K because that's not far from the normal price. But you gain on gems no matter what...

Selling pots 200 each x 200 pots is 40K. That's a little over the price of 1 angel.

Scrolls 30-37K is around where you were buying 1 angel at.

15K oracles x 3 oracles per angel = 45K, more than 1 angel.

Fruits at 35K = 1 angel. You even out.

The only way you can possibly lose money in this set-up is if you got a mold, which is the rarest of the gifts anyways.

Searching up and down towns for prices similar to yours doesn' prove anything. It just says "buyers and sellers are willing to meet around this price."

I'm not trying to say you failed to make anyone happy with your efforts; I'm sure lots of people liked having the lower-end prices easily available to them. My point is you cannot single-handedly change the economy, and your prices were not THE LOWEST.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Ratinax - Sanctuary
    Ratinax - Sanctuary Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I would if the GMs weren't so ****ing lazy in keeping up with the lines. Oracle II's line is nonexistant and campers are everywhere.

"ooo I just need 50 more" while most of us have just one or two to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I would if the GMs weren't so ****ing lazy in keeping up with the lines. Oracle II's line is nonexistant and campers are everywhere.

"ooo I just need 50 more" while most of us have just one or two to do.

This post made me lol in a bad way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I LOL at that post to, but it did kind of go off topic that post.. Umm theres few 'Enrage Ksin noobs' threads around post that on there

(LOL Assuming your mad at Enrage)

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I LOL at that post to, but it did kind of go off topic that post.. Umm theres few 'Enrage Ksin noobs' threads around post that on there

(LOL Assuming your mad at Enrage)

That poster is from Sanctuary. There's no Enrage terrorizing them; probably some other guild.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    That poster is from Sanctuary. There's no Enrage terrorizing them; probably some other guild.

O dang I didn't notice :( If they was HT it'd deff be Enrage xD

• Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

I would not be surprised if Sanctuary people were reporting Enrage for "ksing." Everyone else seems to do it.

Back on topic: This had to be the best event yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.