GM"S rule on oracle bosses

Torm - Heavens Tear
Torm - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Ok after talking with FrankieRaye for quite a while today about the oracle bosses ksing and what not here is what I found out. I know Xarfox has posted it but he didn't go into a lot of detail.

So is ksing an offense- no
is waiting in line enforced - no
is camping a boss/ mob an offense- yes

what does camping imply- well the gm's answer it is "relative"
to me not a good answer so I asked a few more questions to get better feed back and here is what i took from the conversation.

If you dont wnat to waitin line go ahead and kill the mob, the peole in line that let you do it are only hurting themselves. However if they just let you go maybe you will leave soon. So got 5-10 oracles ok kill em then leave, or kill a couple and let others kill an couple or wait in line and kill a couple whatever. Up to the person really. However if you have 20, 30, 100, and you start killing the mob over and over again without let anyone else go, GM's are NOW considering this camping. And you will be banned for a while, I assume first offense is slight and gets worse for multiple offenders. Now because this event has 1000's of oracles out there and only 1-3 mobs spawn their is no perfect system, the thing the gm's want is everyone to be happy. So please if someone doesnt want to wait in line guess what they dont have to so reporting them does no good, but like i said if the camp the spot by all means report.

Now I was just at the pirate for hours. I only did like 20 oracles because i was busy with other things. But i was helping lower levels kill mobs after 505 to make the line move quicker. Everyone in line was glad I was there. During that time however im pretty sure I got reported 3-4 times by people who show up and assume Im doing something wrong, then they ask everyone in line to report me and the line tells them to shut it. Kinda funny actually but it makes the gms do more work and not other stuff - ie fixing the cube. So for all you snot nose whiners out there read this can quit crying about stuff and wasting peoples time.

GM"S if i happen to misinterprete anything please add to this post. I would love to know. And for any intrested I have the 20 min conversatintion via pms and all chat screen shotted if you have questions. hope this helps those who were confused.
Post edited by Torm - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I am screenshotting this post :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    For all we know, you could have made up this conversation entirely ^_^

Players are advised to report any KSers if you dont like seeing them refusing to wait in line like the majority do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Torm - Heavens Tear
    Torm - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    And you have made up the " players are advised to report any ksers if you dont like seeing them refuse to wait in line like the majority do"

I mean come on. All I did was try to give som clarification. I stated the name of the gm's and asked gms to post if they though anything i said was wrong. Also I just tried to share my findings about the event with other because there is no other post about it really. the only one is from Xarfox -"There is a difference between KSing one or two mobs, and camping the spawn for hours on end while PKing anyone you see fit. " Hrm doesnt that sound like my post?

Well either way Blanche im sure you report everyone that doesnt fit in your little make believe world of how the game is " supposed to be" but report all you want I will NEVER wait in the line. I now know from the gms' what is allowed and what isnt I will NEVER get banned. Please report me **** the GM's off more about this event with more needless reporting of someone who is doing nothing wrong. And lets make them work harder while other buggs in the game dont get fixed becaue - he wont wait in line this is a competetive game not the cafeteria line in grade school sorry to break it to you.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    For all we know, you could have made up this conversation entirely ^_^

Players are advised to report any KSers if you dont like seeing them refusing to wait in line like the majority do.

What a crock of .....
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    And lets make them work harder while other buggs in the game dont get fixed

GMs don't fix bugs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Minny - Dreamweaver
    Minny - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Ehh, Torm, you opened up my eyes a little more, so thanks. b:chuckle

Blancheneige: It's the players who form/enforce a line...not the GMs. If the GMs enforced a line rule to everything that is has very limited sources, they would've made every single boy in the Valentines Day rose patch stand in a line all day long before picking a single rose.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ... wait a second.. Xarfox said "There is a difference between KSing one or two mobs, and camping the spawn for hours on end while PKing anyone you see fit."?

I've got a question.. why does PKing fit into that equation at all.. on PvE servers .. its your choice to white name and if you get PK'd you asked for it.. on PvP servers.. well.. its a freaking pvp server .. so again.. you asked for it

Does that quote mean its not okay to camp and PK anyone? Are all the secret passage people gonna be banned then? o.O
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Does that quote mean its not okay to camp and PK anyone? Are all the secret passage people gonna be banned then? o.O

Honestly, you do not see a difference between the oracle quests and regular activities in secret passage or any where else?

I might consider answering your question, if you say no. Since, I think the difference is evident.
    edited March 2009
    Honestly, you do not see a difference between the oracle quests and regular activities in secret passage or any where else?

I might consider answering your question, if you say no. Since, I think the difference is evident.

It doesn't matter if the whitenamed player is mother theresa incarnate and feeding warm soup to all those in the line,he/she is whitenamed and is fair game to anyone,you roll on a pvp server you are there to be involved in pk,you roll on on a pve server and optionally go whitenamed you are involved in pk...what you're doing at the time doesn't matter if its not a safezone!

I mean come on this whole thing is getting ridiculous,if the gm's now have a problem with people pking in pk mode,make every freaking boss spot a safe zone from pk and get it over with.

Correction,this whole thing was ridiculous from the very start.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Granrey.. if you don't see the point in my post.. why even respond.. I am really tired of your "the answer is evident" posts ... you just sound like a pompous ****

and no.. there is not a difference.. white named players are OPEN PK .. especially on sanctuary.. if you go white name.. expect to be attacked.. killing a boss.. doing a quest or not.. there is no distinction.. you are white named .. PVP enabled.. not PVP unless you are PVEing enabled..

Read the quote dude.. the words "PKing anyone you see fit" are used..

My point was .. as I said.. "why does PKing fit into the equation at all" (for the oracle quests if you can't seem to grasp what I meant)

White name = you can be PK'd .. no matter what you are doing .. anyone white named is someone that I "see fit" to be PKd .. there is no reason that should be punished
  • Tomato - Dreamweaver
    Tomato - Dreamweaver Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It doesn't matter if the whitenamed player is mother theresa incarnate and feeding warm soup to all those in the line,he/she is whitenamed and is fair game to anyone,you roll on a pvp server you are there to be involved in pk,you roll on on a pve server and optionally go whitenamed you are involved in pk...what you're doing at the time doesn't matter if its not a safezone!

I mean come on this whole thing is getting ridiculous,if the gm's now have a problem with people pking in pk mode,make every freaking boss spot a safe zone from pk and get it over with.

Correction,this whole thing was ridiculous from the very start.

I took it as meaning if a person is camping and pking everyone to the point that he keeps the boss to himself for hours, then the GM's will do something about it.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    I took it as meaning if a person is camping and pking everyone to the point that he keeps the boss to himself for hours, then the GM's will do something about it.

I still do not see a problem with that .. on Lost City I know battles go on between factions over grinding spots .. I have heard about CQ vs BL or RQ at fishes before .. If you can hold a spot by pking everyone.. go for it..

If a faction wants to take over the oracle spawn and kill everyone.. then its a pk server.. they should be allowed to ...

And if it is just one person.. well thats freaking sad if all the people trying for him can't kill the dude or call friends that can

Also if it is on a PvE server.. noone can monopolize a spot by pking because 90% are blue
    edited March 2009

PKing shouldn't be factored into it at all,just the person camping the boss is punishable but the fact that he PKs while camping the boss should not have any bearing upon the outcome of the punishment,PK is a seperate act and a valid gameplay style,you have the option of playing in pve.

On the pk servers,theres a guy trying to do a kill x mob quest and a pker comes by and kills him repeatedly(with no flaming or anything else like that),is that punishable?Because thats the exact same thing.
  • Tomato - Dreamweaver
    Tomato - Dreamweaver Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    PKing shouldn't be factored into it at all,just the person camping the boss is punishable but the fact that he PKs while camping the boss should not have any bearing upon the outcome of the punishment,PK is a seperate act and a valid gameplay style,you have the option of playing in pve.

On the pk servers,theres a guy trying to do a kill x mob quest and a pker comes by and kills him repeatedly(with no flaming or anything else like that),is that punishable?Because thats the exact same thing.

You can use the same reasoning for camping a boss. Killing a mob over and over is valid a gameplay style as well. But they've made a distinction between camping a mob and repeatedly killing a mob as part of valid gameplay. I think they're throwing the pk thing in there with camping. I don't know lol, that's just my interpretation from my carebear mind b:victory
  • Poopspooge - Heavens Tear
    Poopspooge - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    But i was helping lower levels kill mobs after 505 to make the line move quicker. Everyone in line was glad I was there.

I was a lower level wizard beating on the spider king last night. Someone in line behind me was helping out and I sure appreciated it. In the time it took me to kill the dude once, other players would have killed it 3 times! LOL
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Granrey.. if you don't see the point in my post.. why even respond.. I am really tired of your "the answer is evident" posts ... you just sound like a pompous ****

and no.. there is not a difference.. white named players are OPEN PK .. especially on sanctuary.. if you go white name.. expect to be attacked.. killing a boss.. doing a quest or not.. there is no distinction.. you are white named .. PVP enabled.. not PVP unless you are PVEing enabled..

Read the quote dude.. the words "PKing anyone you see fit" are used..

My point was .. as I said.. "why does PKing fit into the equation at all" (for the oracle quests if you can't seem to grasp what I meant)

White name = you can be PK'd .. no matter what you are doing .. anyone white named is someone that I "see fit" to be PKd .. there is no reason that should be punished

Actually based on your long post, I realize, it would take me to long to explain it to you and still the chances of being succefull explaining this are slim (no offense, english is my 2nd language).

I just say that for many rules in life, there are exceptions and these exeptions have reasons.

If campers/Ksers/Pkers want "to play and bend" the rules in a way that many players simply quit the game since their experience is not good for them. Good luck in keeping PWI profitable and viable.
    edited March 2009
    Then the gm's should be stickying a detailed rule list,because people don't even know their breaking any TOS because of how vague it is.

Harrassing or impedeing others gameplay seems to be interpreted and used in all sorts of weird and wonderfull ways.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Granrey, you obviously don't understand the reason for my post.. so please stop responding.. Griefing is wrong.. yes.. I know this.. my question was where does PKing fit into the equation ... you can't seem to grasp that this isn't about ksing the oracle bosses... its about the PKing element... it is taking what xarfox says and applying it to the entire game because surely the rules don't change depending where you are on the map..

It was a legitimate question and I would like to see a GM (maybe xarfox) weigh in on this.. Is this camping/PK monopolization of a spot illegal ONLY for oracle bosses.. or did he not mean it like that.. or is camping and pking anyone who comes in your grinding spot illegal too..
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Granrey, you obviously don't understand the reason for my post.. so please stop responding.. Griefing is wrong.. yes.. I know this.. my question was where does PKing fit into the equation ... you can't seem to grasp that this isn't about ksing the oracle bosses... its about the PKing element... it is taking what xarfox says and applying it to the entire game because surely the rules don't change depending where you are on the map..

It was a legitimate question and I would like to see a GM (maybe xarfox) weigh in on this.. Is this camping/PK monopolization of a spot illegal ONLY for oracle bosses.. or did he not mean it like that.. or is camping and pking anyone who comes in your grinding spot illegal too..

ok, I admit I missunderstood then
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    There should be no difference in PKing someone who is trying to do an oracle quest and PKing someone who is trying to get to FB29 instance is what he is trying to say
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Harassment is anything that interferes with the gameplay of others by definition. With that if the GMs wanted to they could put pk under that becuase you stop them from doing whatever they were doing, thereby interfereing with their gameplay.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    what about the people who lure bosses to clear the line? like the ones who purposely agro cenminator to kill everyone in line for the pirate?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    I'm not really saying anything.. I am asking a question to the GMs... are they just caving on this oracle thing because they did another poorly planned event and have gotten an inordinate amount of complaints.. or is it server policy (as if they'd admit to the former)

I know griefing is against the TOS.. but what on earth does that mean ... its all in the eye of the beholder and is a very grey area.. one GM can say killing anyone trying to carebear it up is griefing while another can say hey .. its open pvp.. its a choice (you chose to roll on LC/HL.. or you chose to press that little button to enable pk) .. so don't cry if you get PK'd ... personally I believe the latter..

But I am just trying to get clarification here

Edit: Fiona that is obviously griefing .. the player in no way legitimately thinks he can kill cenminator.. he is just doing it to stop people from doing the oracle..

However.. if a person wants to pk everyone they can so they can do their oracle scrolls.. do the GMs consider that griefing? The person has the oracle scrolls to get done.. they have the ability to PK the people there.. and PK is enabled..
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    hey .. its open pvp.. its a choice (you chose to roll on LC/HL.. or you chose to press that little button to enable pk) .. so don't cry if you get PK'd ...

while I personally don't go into PVP mode (if I wanted PVP, I'd still be playing PW-MY), I tend to agree with you.. if you chose to turn PK mode on, or you're playing on a PVP server.. then you really don't have a right to complain if you're getting pk'd.. however, if you're getting pk'd, then you res just to get pk'd again by the same person/people over and over.. that's harrassment and is affecting your gameplay experience. people's answer to that is "well.. then get stronger and higher level".. except how is someone supposed to get higher level if they are killed repeatedly time after time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Deathnote - Harshlands
    Deathnote - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I still do not see a problem with that .. on Lost City I know battles go on between factions over grinding spots .. I have heard about CQ vs BL or RQ at fishes before .. If you can hold a spot by pking everyone.. go for it..

If a faction wants to take over the oracle spawn and kill everyone.. then its a pk server.. they should be allowed to ...

And if it is just one person.. well thats freaking sad if all the people trying for him can't kill the dude or call friends that can

Also if it is on a PvE server.. noone can monopolize a spot by pking because 90% are blue

I agree, also Graney has no clue what he's talking about.

In a Pk Server, the strong survives.. the weak group together to become strong. Thats just how it goes.

Thats PvP Server gameplay right ther
    Bringing fear and widespread random deaths into the Harshlands, that is my goal..

IGN: Shinigamii, WR

Death Note Rule #18
    A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the gods of death.
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2009

You are not going to get an answer with rules as brightly defined as you want. What they are saying is that you can drift into harrasment as a matter of degree even if the things you are doing would be perfectly legitimate in an ordinary setting. That could not be clearer from what they have already said. I understand that you would like them to clarify where the line is between ordinary behavior and harrasment, but they are not going to do that. They have to keep a subjective element to the definition to deal with unexpected situations or combinations of behavior. Trying to draw parallels to other situations and infer a secret bright-line rule is pointless. Yes, it is somewhere between keeping other players from using your favorite grinding spot and keeping them from any access to the single mob that can complete a quest. Does that mean you can't PK at all just because a special mob is nearby? Of course not. Can you make another player who enabled PK mode miserable? Yes, for a little while, but eventually you will be flirting with the line.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Does that mean you can't PK at all just because a special mob is nearby? Of course not. Can you make another player who enabled PK mode miserable? Yes, for a little while, but eventually you will be flirting with the line.

It makes total sence to me
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Replies coming too fast....I'm not gonna read anymore lolz Zzzzzz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    torm, i was there last week, the day you and your pals were pulling chin and cerminator into the line of people waiting for the pirate. and you did it more than once. then, when told not to, like the spoiled brat you are, you refused to be reasonable and join the line, but rather stood there, KSing the pirate over and over, not letting anyone else have a turn. after that, you and the other children started having your little duels right there, where no one could get to the pirate, and finish their quests. 'rude', 'selfish' are words that come to mind to describe this. what still astounds me is that the GM stood there, watching you all, and did nothing to stop it, did nothing to straighten out the situation, or to restore order so that the people waiting patiently in line could take turns finishing the pirate quest. frankieraye just stood there, watching you guys. i tried to talk to her, but GM dont permit anyone to PM them....its not possible to whisper them. and she didnt respond when i spoke to her by name.

you, freakfighter and the other brats of the game have once again gotten away with spoiling things for others. and, given the current state of anarchy regarding boss pulling (as in there are no permanent rules), im sure that i will once again see chin, cerminator, the hidden passage and area bosses, etc, running down roads and into areas where they do not belong, while murderous children stand by and howl with laughter over the carnage they have caused, with no regard for the trouble they have caused other players.

please, GMs ....i beg of you, please set rules in stone that do not permit this behavour! please post them in places where ALL players can see them, so that no one can whine, 'i didnt know'. in this game, the goal is for players to work together to fight the wraiths, not murder each other. by gleefully killing others, you are essentially joining the wraiths....
    Ok after talking with FrankieRaye for quite a while today about the oracle bosses ksing and what not here is what I found out. I know Xarfox has posted it but he didn't go into a lot of detail.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Evade - Dreamweaver
    Evade - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I Dont Think Anyone Should Get Pked If They Dont Want To , And Realy Not While Doing A Quest!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    FIGHT WITH HONOR BELIEVE GUILD
    FOUNDER
This discussion has been closed.