GM"S rule on oracle bosses

2»

Comments

• Deathnote - Harshlands
    Deathnote - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    HAHAAH this is getting ridiculus,

No one shouldnt be pk'd if they want to?

Maybe we should just walk up to someone and hold their hands.

PvP or Pk Mode - You accept all challeges and deaths while questing, thats why there is a thing called Safe Zone.
    Bringing fear and widespread random deaths into the Harshlands, that is my goal..

IGN: Shinigamii, WR

Death Note Rule #18
    A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the gods of death.
  • ragincagein
    ragincagein Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I mean come on this whole thing is getting ridiculous,if the gm's now have a problem with people pking in pk mode

if you would read the post. he said CAMPING not just pking. you can pk mother theresa, idk. example, you fly in and kill the entire line, YAY you rock! now move on. is not against the rules. you staying there and preventing others/pking ppl who try to kill it for a period of time is bannable. there is a difference!
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    if you would read the post. he said CAMPING not just pking. you can pk mother theresa, idk. example, you fly in and kill the entire line, YAY you rock! now move on. is not against the rules. you staying there and preventing others/pking ppl who try to kill it for a period of time is bannable. there is a difference!

Feel proud, you are one of the lucky ones who can see the difference.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I would like to know how that is against the rules though.. because (back to an example I used before) what if you go to fishes.. pk anyone training there and stay there and grind.. killing anyone who comes there .. wouldn't that be camping? Is that against the rules?

Edit: before anyone even tries to say I don't get it or the answer is obvious... I am not talking about people sitting at oracle killing everyone just because they can.. it is already established that this is griefing and griefing is against the TOS.. but if the person goes there.. kills everyone so they can do their own oracle scrolls... it should not be seen as griefing unless they stay after their scrolls are done.. THIS is what i am talking about.. do not bring up the griefing aspect of this in reply to my post
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    HAHAAH this is getting ridiculus,

No one shouldnt be pk'd if they want to?

Maybe we should just walk up to someone and hold their hands.

PvP or Pk Mode - You accept all challeges and deaths while questing, thats why there is a thing called Safe Zone.

I totally agree with you on this. That statement was too much.
  • ragincagein
    ragincagein Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Devarsi, yes i see your point, why is this one spot any different than any other bosses, grinding areas, farming, or whatever. i understand. but the only difference if that thousands of ppl need to kill this mob, unlike the other spots they are not as populated. so given the population and need to kill this one, the reason this is different than grinding spots, bosses, or whatever is because the GM deemed it necessary to make it against the rule for these oracles because so many ppl need them!
  • Deathnote - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    Devarsi, yes i see your point, why is this one spot any different than any other bosses, grinding areas, farming, or whatever. i understand. but the only difference if that thousands of ppl need to kill this mob, unlike the other spots they are not as populated. so given the population and need to kill this one, the reason this is different than grinding spots, bosses, or whatever is because the GM deemed it necessary to make it against the rule for these oracles because so many ppl need them!

The only thing is...

THE BOSSES WILL ALWAYS BE THERE!! EVEN WHEN THE EVENT IS OVER!!!

They dont need it right now. These oracles are only event prizes that can be done whenever. Doesnt mean they "NEED" them right now.
    Bringing fear and widespread random deaths into the Harshlands, that is my goal..

Death Note Rule #18
    A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the gods of death.
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    OK I don't get it. How can some of you think that it is ok to just hog a quest location all to your self just because you can, even if you do not need the quest? By doing this you are impeeding other players enjoyment of the game. This is not acceptable behavior. The GMs should punish you if you are going to act this way, because if you are pissing off 20, 50, or hundreds of other players. The GM has to weigh your enjoyment of the game against the players you have repeatedly pissed off. 20 to 1 seems like a no brainer to me.

I know there is some in here that seem to think that just because he/she spent money on this game that they should have some sort of special rights. You are wrong. Spending money is VOLUNTARY. There is no special rules or treatment for you just because you spent money. And even if there is special rules and treatment for you, there is a strong chance that one of the players you are pissing off is also a cash user, like myself. I like the lines at the oricals. I approve of them. They are a good thing because the promote a sense of comradery and community that make this a nice friendly game.

I am not going to complain about someone KSing/PKing me if they only do it a couple times, but if you insist on doing it over and over then yes I am going to complain. The diferance between the 2 situations is a couple times is you having a little fun without really impeeding my enjoyment of the game vs you being a total jerk preventing me from playing. And telling me to stay in a "SAFE ZONE" is an even more BS answer. You cannot play this game entirely in Safe Zones. It is impossible. Using that as an excuse to act like a jerk just shows how desperate you are justify being a jerk. And why do you need to Justify being a jerk if it is ok?
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • Deathnote - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    Everyone needs a jerk, it keeps things interesting.

No one cares for a good guy anyway. b:lipcurl

Death Note Rule #18
  • dieseasily
    edited March 2009
    The only thing is...

THE BOSSES WILL ALWAYS BE THERE!! EVEN WHEN THE EVENT IS OVER!!!

They dont need it right now. These oracles are only event prizes that can be done whenever. Doesnt mean they "NEED" them right now.

Yes they will be, and based on your replies, so will the PKers and KSers. So it needs to be stopped now before it gets out of hand.

That is unless you are saying the ONLY reason the KSers and PKers are doing it is because of the event. BUT If that is the case, then punish them harder. I don't think PWI wants their events ruined by the few that cannot act with civility.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • Deathnote - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    Playing on a PvP server has high competition, it requires you to play differently.

If you need something done and get pk'd by it, and you keep doing the same thing and keep getting pk'd your not playin strategically. Its your fault for doing the same thing and getting killed.

Do something else, in the mean time come back later and charge in with a different strategy to get it done.

Who says questing is easy, you reach ups and downs, new challenges you must fast either from mobs or other people.

Questing is an Adventure, not a walk on the park.

Basically, use your brains and quit acting like Lemmings.

Death Note Rule #18
  • dieseasily
    edited March 2009
    Playing on a PvP server has high competition, it requires you to play differently.

If you need something done and get pk'd by it, and you keep doing the same thing and keep getting pk'd your not playin strategically. Its your fault for doing the same thing and getting killed.

Do something else, in the mean time come back later and charge in with a different strategy to get it done.

Who says questing is easy, you reach ups and downs, new challenges you must fast either from mobs or other people.

Questing is an Adventure, not a walk on the park.

Basically, use your brains and quit acting like Lemmings.

Standing around KSing and PKing everyone for hours on end takes mental constipation. Take a mental enima.

I never said that I do not expect PKing or KSing. I specificall stated that if you are going to do it over and over then you should be punished. If you **** off lots of player over those couple hours and the GMs decide to punish you for it then its your own fault for not moving on.

No lemming here. I have found an easier way that works for me to get my quests done, but my way will not work for everyone or with everyone I use it on, but more often then not it will work. I simply asked politely to be allowed to complete the quest. PKer/KSer stopped for me because I asked him/her to without complaing. The only thing I do not know is if the reason they let me complete my quest was because I asked, or if it is because my character has long red hair, blue eyes, and a blue school girl outfit on. I suspect it was not the simple asking but where the request was coming from.
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    do not bring up the griefing aspect of this in reply to my post

Since griefing is all that the GMs are enforcing, you almost seem to be saying that you don't want an answer. But, I understand that what you want is an explanation of how the GMs can possibly have a different definition of griefing than you do. The problem is that your definition "It isn't griefing as long as I have any legitimate purpose to what I'm doing" (to paraphrase) is too stark because it does not take into account anything about the effect on other players. Your straw man argument that the GMs would ban someone just for doing any PK to players who are near a boss or mob they need is just as incorrectly stark in the opposite direction. If you cannot grasp the point that the GMs were saying that they will apply a standard for griefing that is somewhere between these, don't keep acting like it is everyone else's fault for failing to understand you. If you cannot accept that the GMs could ban you for griefing because they decide you've been imposing too much loss of enjoyment on other players to weigh against your own legitimate purpose for doing so, then you are just never going to be satisfied. It is a subjective standard, but not one that is hard to understand. Do whatever you want, but don't take it to unreasonable extremes.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    actually I was just trying to find some consistency in the game rules..

my "straw man argument" wasn't an argument at all.. I was presenting a similar situation and asking for clarification... I believe that rules should be consistent and not based on the amount of whining GMs hear..
  • Deathnote - Harshlands
    edited March 2009

my "straw man argument" wasn't an argument at all.. I was presenting a similar situation and asking for clarification... I believe that rules should be consistent and not based on the amount of whining GMs hear..

Precisely.

Death Note Rule #18
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009

ok, you want a clarification? see my comparison, so you know why you can't get one.

Look kissing women is allowed on this world as well as pking players in pwi.

However, "certain women" in your life are "ok" to kiss, but to much kissing on those women is not ok. As well as certain players are ok to pk but too much pking on those players is not ok.

Some type of kissing is not ok with those "certain women" ( french kissing for instance) as some type of pking is not allowed with some players in PWI.

Nobody will explain you or clarify why kissing too much those certain women is not ok or why some type of kissing on those certain women is not ok either. You will not find any books, writtings telling you that.

If you still have not figured out which women are those, I will mention a few: you mom, your sister, your gradmother, ect.

Not even your priest or you lawyer will clarify you any of this regarding kissing, same as the GM will not explain you the Pking thing to the extend you want.

Why? because it's common sense.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    granrey.. you are posting more ridiculous things.. I even posted above that is in the eye of the beholder.. i know this .. stop acting like I am a child that understands nothing.. I was explaining to bobncut that he completely misread my post and what my point was

"some type of pking is not allowed with some players in PWI" is irrelevant.. because yes there are people you can't pk.. they are BLUE NAMES.. this is obviously not about PKing them.. because you can't attack blue names

Also.. the PKing someone too much argument is ridiculous.. noone is forcing that person to come back to where they got killed before...in fact it is a pretty stupid thing to do.. you talk about common sense.. to me "big bad dude killing me there.. i should avoid that place until he is gone" is pretty freaking common sense.. but apparently not to you or the whiners who keep getting killed
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    I gave up.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    thank you.. cause you obviously misread every one of my posts or misinterpret
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009

GM's do not enforce the rules based on levels of whining.

There's a difference between taking a penny out of the tip jar, and robbing the register.

There's a difference between KSing (Kill Stealing) a spawn once, and camping a spawn for hours in order to ensure that no one else can finish their quests.

The bottom line is that much truth has been spoken in this thread. Even after Jolly Old Jones is but a long forgotten memory months down the line, Oracle Books will still be around, as will the bosses said books request you to kill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.