No Ress For You

2»

Comments

• NecroVaL - Heavens Tear
    NecroVaL - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Wow... I never knew there's such thing as Veno don't like squad...
    I guess Veno can be solo class... but again, they are among all who love squad... Why?

In TT/FB or whatever... People will ask for Tanker, Healer, DD (Damage Dealer), but not Lurer... which is of course, Venomancer... Hence during this kind of parties, Venomancer are usually left out...

But again, politely is one way in asking for help... You will not want to say 'Hey... Revive me'.. Or 'Any cleric around? revive me at xxx.xxx'...

Instead, you should ask in polite way 'Any cleric around which can be so kind to revive me at xxx.xxx? Thanks in advance...'

I believe this way, even a cleric who hates you, will revive you, cause of your politeness... =)
  • Dollet - Sanctuary
    Dollet - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I will not revive a person who has harassed me before, or is part of a guild whose members have revived me before. A few bad seeds can ruin the reputation of a guild for me. I know it's not always fair to other members, but it's the only sorta of karma I can think of that could make people realize they need to be responsible for their actions.

I do rez when people ask politely. And even when they don't, but I really should stop that. People should be able to type in an please or thanks when making a request.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So I die and I ask for a resurrection. A cleric whispers to me:
    "Are you a veno, no ress for venos"
    Confused, I replied, "No, I'm a cleric..."
    So the cleric revives me, and I thank her and ask why she doesn't ress venos?
    Her reply:
    "Because veno's don't ever like to squad, so I don't ress them."

So my question is, would fellow clerics ever discriminate who they resurrect, heal, or buff because of their class?

Personally, as a cleric myself, I think it's quiet ridiculous to say that one class is not worthy of a resurrection because of past encounters. The only reason I would deny someone a resurrection is if they were rude and commanded me to resurrected, but other then that I think that it's stupid to do otherwise.

Yeah racism still exists in America. They used to do the same thing to black people.

Sorry you had to go through that man.
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Venos rule, was saved many times by a veno near by who sent his pet to take a mob of me b:cute

Ditto.

There are good and bad eggs in any class, even among us humble clerics. b:victory

I rarely don't rez. Only if I'm in a hurry to get somewhere, or if the person is being rude, like everyone else said.

Although, every "thank you" I hear keeps me doing it. Each one reminds me why I rolled a cleric. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Anjin_fujiko - Sanctuary
    Anjin_fujiko - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    There is reason for ppl dont want to res a Veno.

Veno is the worst offender on KS just because they can send their pet in and do it

Veno running around send pet in o fight one mobs and loot other ppl drop too.
    They doing all that because they dont get hurt by mobs
  • ArsLaan - Heavens Tear
    ArsLaan - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    oh wow hahaha, discrimination *in game* lol, i was mostly laughing while reading posts.

well anyways, im a cleric myself as u can see from my char pic. The thing is its not the class, its the people who are rude etc.

There is a real person behind every pc -,- so classes arent to be blamed.
    I remember when i was farming for mats, a mob was standing near the mat,
    i landed to kill it,, when i was killing , veno came stole mat.. =,=, i was like -,- my mat.. I was killing mob to get that mat. that veno came back said, sorry lol,
    and gave me back the mat. She also said she didnt know that i was farming she thought i was grinding.

And as far rez is concerned. i rez all people i see dead =P.

For guildies i rez when im near the city or if none of the cleric is available i go and rez across the map. takes 2min of ur gaming time and if i cant rez them bcoz im in fb or tt etc. then i send my frnds who are clerics to rez them.
    You just need to ask them politely =P.

thats all.

Point: real ppl are rude, not the virtual classes -,-. And there are good people as well =P.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yes true! and I love venomancers they are so nice and good to quest with! oh and yes there are those meannnnnnn Venomancers and barbarians and mages and clerics etc etc.

As ArsLaan said don't descriminate against a class revive anyone!

Quote Arslaan: (when we were level 45) Mystic you idiot cleric all you do is ironheart blessing:

Quote Mysticlifex: Ironheart is a clerics main heal

Quote Arslaan: clerics use all their heals you level 46 cleric noob

Quote Arslaan: (at level 70) mystic I recommend you get the tt70 wand, *next thing you know Arslaan ends up with the sword*

had to bring that up when you said "Point: real ppl are rude. HAHAHA lol
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • ArsLaan - Heavens Tear
    ArsLaan - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yes true! and I love venomancers they are so nice and good to quest with! oh and yes there are those meannnnnnn Venomancers and barbarians and mages and clerics etc etc.

As ArsLaan said don't descriminate against a class revive anyone!

Quote Arslaan: (when we were level 45) Mystic you idiot cleric all you do is ironheart blessing:

Quote Mysticlifex: Ironheart is a clerics main heal

Quote Arslaan: clerics use all their heals you level 46 cleric noob

Quote Arslaan: (at level 70) mystic I recommend you get the tt70 wand, *next thing you know Arslaan ends up with the sword*

had to bring that up when you said "Point: real ppl are rude. HAHAHA lol

=.= Ha Ha, very funny, well at those lvls almost everyone is kinda noob. So was I. I still recommend TT wand -,-, the only reason I bought Mold S.light(70) was that I was looking for a good wand which I didnt find in AH, and i was too lazy to farm for mats, so I bought that *mold* instead.

As you see I rez all dead ppl =P., So im not rude..
    And you started the fight =,= at lvl 46 I didnt.
    Anyways., I bet I have more knowledge now than you =P.... jk

Point: Stop blaming classes -,-. Though im jealous of venos because they make tons of money and here im broke >.>
  • Deceitsoul_ - Heavens Tear
    Deceitsoul_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So I die and I ask for a resurrection. A cleric whispers to me:
    "Are you a veno, no ress for venos"
    Confused, I replied, "No, I'm a cleric..."
    So the cleric revives me, and I thank her and ask why she doesn't ress venos?
    Her reply:
    "Because veno's don't ever like to squad, so I don't ress them."

So my question is, would fellow clerics ever discriminate who they resurrect, heal, or buff because of their class?

Personally, as a cleric myself, I think it's quiet ridiculous to say that one class is not worthy of a resurrection because of past encounters. The only reason I would deny someone a resurrection is if they were rude and commanded me to resurrected, but other then that I think that it's stupid to do otherwise.

hmm thats interesting, i cant say i would be mean about a res unless they are rude about it i guess, but if they are nice i dont mind what class they may be. i see everyone the same. However when you do give a rez and they dont want it thats another thing. Thats kinda like trying to judge or say your rez isnt good enough for them. Its kinda sad rly.
    A Faction leader is not just someone that helps the faction its self, but also gives back and helps the world. *If not then what kind of leader are you ?o.0

*Faction or not -help those in need.*
    Let me know if i can be of any help in anyway, Im up for just about anything.b:victory
  • isab
    isab Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Veno's aren't jerks by default.

It just happens to be an easy mode class that is attractive to people with little or no social tendencies. Now notice I said "is attractive" and not "is for".

It's important to not lump all people together... The problem is, lumping people together can save you an awful amount of time.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Then something must be wrong with the "Sanctuarian" Venos cuz they never ever wanna team and they only whine if you "take" their kills (even though you attacked first), honestly Venos do annoy me a lot! I try to remember a Veno that wasn't annoying and I fail...

I don't mind squading up, unless I am almost done. Otherwise I squad up when asked and stay till the other has killed all quest mobs they needed. I sometimes even offer to squad when I see the player needs the same mobs and has some problems with them. Whining about KS? Have done that when the same guy killed the same mobs I was killing few times. But we all have had that kind of situations.

Venos was made so they could solo most things, but it doesn't mean we ONLY solo. Maybe you have meet only bad venos? I have had bad meetings with clerics too, but I don't whine about that.