No Ress For You

Rhiama - Sanctuary
Rhiama - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Cleric
So I die and I ask for a resurrection. A cleric whispers to me:
"Are you a veno, no ress for venos"
Confused, I replied, "No, I'm a cleric..."
So the cleric revives me, and I thank her and ask why she doesn't ress venos?
Her reply:
"Because veno's don't ever like to squad, so I don't ress them."

So my question is, would fellow clerics ever discriminate who they resurrect, heal, or buff because of their class?

Personally, as a cleric myself, I think it's quiet ridiculous to say that one class is not worthy of a resurrection because of past encounters. The only reason I would deny someone a resurrection is if they were rude and commanded me to resurrected, but other then that I think that it's stupid to do otherwise.
b:angry b:cry b:surrender b:shutup b:sad b:shocked b:dirty b:kiss b:bye b:cute b:victory b:thanks b:laugh b:chuckle b:pleased
Post edited by Rhiama - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Cooki - Heavens Tear
    Cooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    thats funny :P
    but i res everyone i see dead.
    and i heal who needs healing and when a player asks for buffs i buff them unless they are rude about it.
    but if i see someone i dont like that is dead i simply whisper them a little smile and keep flying away :P
  • Rhiama - Sanctuary
    Rhiama - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Exactly, I won't res someone who's rude, but I'll res you if you ask politely.
    If I don't like you, then your SOL.
    b:angry b:cry b:surrender b:shutup b:sad b:shocked b:dirty b:kiss b:bye b:cute b:victory b:thanks b:laugh b:chuckle b:pleased
  • Advent_fox - Sanctuary
    Advent_fox - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i had the same thing happen the other day, i kindly asked to be ressed and a cleric whispered saying im a veno, sorry
    b:cry
  • Semyezza - Heavens Tear
    Semyezza - Heavens Tear Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Lmfao. o_o I'm so glad the Clerics in my guild travel across the world if they have to to res me or my other guildies (granted, our guild isn't big, but still. b:laugh).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I. LIKE. TO. KILL. THINGS."
    - Richard the Warlock, LFG.

visit my gallery on !! quelfish.deviantart.com !!
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    eh hehe.... I revive anyone that I see dead, I fly all the way across the map to revive my faction members lol when someone says they died I wanna crawl into a hole and cry lol. then I go rez them
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    eh hehe.... I revive anyone that I see dead, I fly all the way across the map to revive my faction members lol when someone says they died I wanna crawl into a hole and cry lol. then I go rez them

and then you go solo mantavip by healing 5 times and attacking once?

leave my wife alone ******.
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    and then you go solo mantavip by healing 5 times and attacking once?

so much hostility
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I dont travel all the world to revive ppl. And... maybe venos are quite powerful, or at least they do have more chances of getting money, while a cleric dont. Maybe thats the reason. I dont see many venos wanting to party, is actually a loss for them since they get less items.
    And being in a guild and being asked to travel ALL damn map to rez someone is not fair. When I was in a smaller guild I was asking for money for TP. Why? Because my time is very important, I cant travell all map wasting 20 min. Second: If I TP I waste money, I actually consider this a fair deal.
    Me being a cleric have paid to being res to some cleric, since they leave what they were doing.
    Ppl dont realise (specially) in small guild that in order to be higher lvls you have to work hard and cant be around rezzing ppl all day.
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    You arent expected to fly around everywhere to revive someone
    I'f im in the area sure ill fly a short distance but i wont go and fly from plume city to etherblade. thats ridiculous :P

but as for venos not wanting to team.
    I also dont really like being in teams and I am a cleric.
    I'm stingy with my exp/gold/items :P
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Haha I diclined to res someone only once, it was a veno that had ksed me, then when she died she apologized and asked me to res her, man I loved that momment, it was such a nice sight ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The_Mule - Sanctuary
    The_Mule - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Lol, had a similar experience.

I squadded up with a Veno and when she realised that I needed many more of the targets than she did she kicked me. A few minutes later I saw her dead, I flew over her quite a few times, even if the direct route wasn't over her, and laughed to myself.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Wah? chillout just beacuse you hate me (for no reason) doesn't mean your wife has to.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Holyhellian - Heavens Tear
    Holyhellian - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I guess I'm the same as others, I help those I can: buff/heal the ones that politely ask, randomly buff/heal the ones that need it, rez all the dead (within a reasonable distance), and ignore the idiots. I tend to buff anyone fighting around me (except that one KSer at Hidden Orchid yesterday...). And I usually fight solo if I'm able to and have the time b:victory

I'll have to remember to whisper smilies to those undeserving of a rez, lol. I love it!b:laugh
    I'm your Guardian Angel, but careful, I can bite hard if the need arises. b:cool

-Alt Char- RangeRunner *Archer* b:avoid
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Flying to help friends and guild members NOT a problem for me, although that may have to wait a minute.

But I'll pretty much res anyone if they are cool, I even res those who try to pk me and fail...I think it is only fair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    rofl, I would generally res people I've pk'd before too (depending on how honourable they are in the fight). I suppose its a little different on a pve server as each time you pk you actually have to make the choice to do so. Its just another fun aspect of the game, ressing someone I just killed keeps it that way.
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I don't know why people say Venos don't like to party. I'm always looking to join a party, and most of the Venos I see around and talk to are similar. Hell, in the 100+ "Venos are overpowered" threads, one of the biggest complaints Venos have is that no one ever wants to party with them.

If I needed a rez and a cleric refused me just because I'm a Veno, I'd be pissed, and I'd have every right to be. It's almost as bad as refusing to serve someone at a restaurant because they're black (not as bad, because there's no history, but along the same lines). To hate any large group because a few are childish is stupid.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    venos rarely want to squad and tend to have a HUGE ego

i was killing minions the other day around that place where u mine the big thing surounded by 4 towers and 2 yayangs i offered to help and she spammed/made fun of me for a whileb:cry
    the veno died before she asked me for help again b:chuckle
  • Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I aways res people when they're polite about it, no matter what class and level. I always offer my help as a healer and buffer when the person or persons are polite. However I've found that in almost all cases Veno's are impolite and rude more often than not. I almost always have KS attempts by Veno's and Veno's only. Those people can rot for all I care.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I don't know why people say Venos don't like to party. I'm always looking to join a party, and most of the Venos I see around and talk to are similar. Hell, in the 100+ "Venos are overpowered" threads, one of the biggest complaints Venos have is that no one ever wants to party with them.

If I needed a rez and a cleric refused me just because I'm a Veno, I'd be pissed, and I'd have every right to be. It's almost as bad as refusing to serve someone at a restaurant because they're black (not as bad, because there's no history, but along the same lines). To hate any large group because a few are childish is stupid.

Then something must be wrong with the "Sanctuarian" Venos cuz they never ever wanna team and they only whine if you "take" their kills (even though you attacked first), honestly Venos do annoy me a lot! I try to remember a Veno that wasn't annoying and I fail...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Do you guys get annoyed when sombody is asking to be ress very close to a town?

I have seen that couple times, and I'm not a cleric but it annoys me since you guys probably stop helping people who need the help for helping these guys.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Ur anoyng, resurection also resurects a litle xp from your death ''penalty''
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Ur anoyng, resurection also resurects a litle xp from your death ''penalty''

10 min of grinding?
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    10 min of grinding?

assume you're level 85. at 85, .1 exp is equivalent to 15 mobs. that means 1% is the same as 150 mobs. now, when a level 85 goes back to town without this nice res, they lose 2%. 2% is 300 kills.

10 minutes of grinding?
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Then something must be wrong with the "Sanctuarian" Venos cuz they never ever wanna team and they only whine if you "take" their kills (even though you attacked first), honestly Venos do annoy me a lot! I try to remember a Veno that wasn't annoying and I fail...

I don't recall ever refusing a party invite unless I only had like 1 - 2 of the mobs left and was going to finish 10 seconds later anyway. Partying is (almost) always beneficial, even as a solo class. I also don't recall ever getting mad about a KS, because frankly there are more important things in life to get mad about than someone attacking the same virtual mob as me. Maybe the people/venos you're around are more the issue. I have 6 other venomancers in my faction, and not one of them is the way you described. They are all extremely helpful and kind players.

EDIT: I lied, I remember once now I refused a BM a party invite because he came up to me and said in all caps, "party *****, I help u kill dem fast ;)". When I didn't respond, he came again with, "Why u not party? u venos r al *****es, **** u". I told him to try again when he grew out of being an idiot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The only times I've ever refused to res were isolated incidents: one girl that kept dying repeatedly ... after the fifth time she asked me to squad and follow her around, even though we weren't killing the same mob. Obviously needed a change of tactics.

The other time was a guy I had a hard time locating (being somewhat new to the game) and started cussing me out for not getting there fast enough.

As for healing and buffing, I've read enough topics concerning the use of apothecary items to know that it seems to be unappreciated, so I don't bother. All of my buffs are low lvl anyway, so I wouldn't be helping as it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • Hoar - Sanctuary
    Hoar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I do understand why some clerics don't ressu, it's kind of like when a veno does bosses for the lower levels. If some one is rude about it, we won't do it. However just not ressing them because of them being a certain class is just uncalled for, everyone dies sometimes. On my lower lvl cleric I buff, heal, and ress everyone even if they don't ask and I normally get a thank you back. To the clerics that are rude about classes, maybe venos would squad with you more if you were nicer. I know I would.

b:chuckle
  • tanjina
    tanjina Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Clerics not reviving certain class is not normal. I have bad experience with venos for killing steal but I just started trying more to start hitting mobs faster - so I learned a lot from having a veno in the area and now I don't have that problem anymore :-) This is also a "fight" between classes and you should learn from observing them to find their weaknesses and not starting to hate everybody of the class if you meet one of them that is just a bad rude player hiding behind his character.

I don't revive everyone either but for different reasons
    - i don't revive "ghosts" - dead bodies that don't reply to a whisper if they want to be revived - and that only because i once got yelled at for reviving someone who was waiting for a higher level of reviving of a friend (I do have lvl10 now but that left a bad memory feeling bad although just trying to be helpful) - i ignore that rule usually in fb29 when i see bunch of dead bodies around dismal's room :-) have no time to whisper if i want to follow the squad so i just revive and run :-)
    - rude people -> some are just rude - go to town or get your guild friend to fly all over the map to revive you if you don't know how to be polite to other players - i don't deserve to be treated or taken for granted just because of the class I play.
    How is decided when somebody is rude - have no idea - sometimes it's just an annoying yelling on public chat - if you want to be revived - tell us you need reviving and what are your cords - don't do it like "IS THERE A CLERIC IN THE AREA??????" who can tell what you need? I once went while in swamp to get the guy and he only wanted buffs :-)

Not reviving for any other reason - seems wrong and people shouldn't go cleric support class if they don't like it
  • Advent_fox - Sanctuary
    Advent_fox - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2009

what is with the hating on us venos

i love partying, if someone needs help i help them. . i know many others to be the exact same. .

I have also come across ones who did not want to party, but that is their choice, it's not like they have to party with me. .

i guess i just don't understand why we are hated soo much b:shocked
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Venos rule, was saved many times by a veno near by who sent his pet to take a mob of me b:cute
    b:dirty
  • Rianae - Sanctuary
    Rianae - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well...then I have met the polite people in the server. I never had problems for being a veno. Possibly because I am polite to people and say please XD I don't know, I team up if people ask nicely and I can help. Sometimes I don't have their quest but I still help them. Clerics I met are quite nice people. I also play a cleric, so I know how hard it is to go alone, but if I can res someone, my pleasure. At lvl 20 I'm pretty much usless for anythin else XD