Complaints about 'power leveling' from newest event

13»

Comments

• starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    not to mention all of the quests they will miss out on.. once you out-level a quest by 12, i believe it is no longer obtainable.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    scarlet fruit nom nom 10-30?
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ok so lets see: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/rank/harshlands

Lowest lvl is 57.. lets say that guy wants to get to lvl 70 by just spending real money.

First he will need (http://janelh.wikidot.com/experience-table): 8,551,653 Exp (from 57-> 70)

Now to try and calc the cost of that:

You can get 12 items, 4 of which give exp: scarlet fruits, oracle 1-3
    So you pay 2.9$ for 10 GA. this gives u a 4/12 chance to get a exp item. Of course stats isn't my strong suite and some help with this would be welcomed. for arguments sake I'm going to stick to the basics and just say its equal chance.

So 12 angels(to make it easy) = oracle 1x3 + oracle2x3 + oracle3X3 + scarlet fruit.
    Total gain from 12 GA: 146,888 exp. (ignoring coins and spirit)
    oracle1x3: 24,300 coins, 39,000 EXP, 9000 Spirit
    oracle2X3: 28200 coins , 45,000 Exp, 10500 Spirit
    oracle3x3: 30000 coins, 54,000 EXP, 12000 Spirit.
    scarlet fruit: 8888exp

8,551,653 Exp / 146,888 exp = (58.21) 59 (x12 GA) = 708 Ga's. You have to buy 10 at once so 710 GA's = 205.9$

more to follow in next post...
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    By the way theres a typo on Oracle II, it really gives 15000 exp, 3500 spirit, 9400 coins (not 13k/3k/8.1k)

Looks like some copy and pasting of Oracle I gone bad.
    edited March 2009
    Lets say our guy in prev post feels: "psh I only spend 200$'s and i usually tip my butler that much for opening my car door" -I mean seriousley who doesn't do that every morning, I usually give him 250. (extreme sarcasm of course)

Aaand now he wants to go from 70 -80 cos lets face it, lvl70 isnt exactly a clearcut "UNFAIR ZOMG advantage"

Exp needed: 22,152,204
    12 packs of Ga's needed: 22,152,204/146,888 = (150.8) 150 We'll assume he had good luck and didint need 150, soo 1800 Ga's total

So He buys 1800Ga's for 522$ (thats what I spend at the pub every night)

In conclusion if somone goes from 57->80 hes going to need 762.7$ and a buttload of time doing all those quests. HE DESERVES IT!!!!

If you could get 10 levels for 50$ I'd say "hmm thats a bit weak" but holy pooop! 727.9$?!
    You honestly think more than 3 or 5 ppl will spend that money in these 2 weeks?

Get real and next time before you mouth off go and look at the facts.

Fixed the exp from Oracle 2, its MUCH cheaper now!! *goes to spend 730$ on gold*
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Ps @ obsessed: http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/7739 I guess the databse is wrong then? Please confirm for me so I can amend the calc.

Did you read the link you posted? o.O

Direct quote from your link:
    Reward:9400 Gold,15000 Experience,3500 Skill point

The in-game book has the typo, not the database, and confirmed it gives the amounts I listed/database lists.
    edited March 2009
    hmm the my-en version sais 15k, I guess PWI has a typo there. Lemme redo that bit.
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I've made great profit lately by buying bargain Oracles and then re-selling them at higher prices.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Kagura_O - Sanctuary
    Kagura_O - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    As All things in LIFE, MONEY IS POWER, it's reality, if ppl have money to spend 100 000 U.S dollars, and leave everyone in the dust, that's just reality, stop complaining u poor people, and go get a JOB
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    As All things in LIFE, MONEY IS POWER, it's reality, if ppl have money to spend 100 000 U.S dollars, and leave everyone in the dust, that's just reality, stop complaining u poor people, and go get a JOB

Wow, you sound like a self-righteous prick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    Horseman - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Its interesting how the argument has mutated into how much of an advantage money becomes ... the initial point was that money gives an advantage ... which inherently is unfair, now whether you think that its right or wrong to have something be unfair is irrelevant, if you think the world isnt fair thats irrelevant, if you think games are unfair that is irrelevant, if you think having more time to play is unfair that is irrelevant.

Initial complaint/whinge/moan/point was that people can spend money to gain an unfair advantage which is fact because people can spend money to help level faster.

I personally dont have a view whether that is right wrong or otherwise, and i suspect no one would care what my view is anyway, but the fact remains that yes it is unfair that some people can outspend others and gain an advantage.
  • cookiescook
    cookiescook Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm guessing for two reasons.

1. It's a brand new server and for many players struggling through it with everyone else was a big part of the fun, and this event has given them a sort of...."eh...what's the point?" feeling.

2. On the PvP server, people that spend 500 to 1500 dollars on this are going to skyrocket in level and leave everyone else in the dust. Now I have no problem with people who spend money in the cash shop, even that much if that's how they choose to play and enjoy the game. But for money to give THAT much of an advantage is a bit overboard. you don't agree?

How do you post forums
  • cookiescook
    cookiescook Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    How do you post forums?
  • OggoKing - Sanctuary
    OggoKing - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Yeah powerleveling everybody does it but it is good fun so why not b:laugh getting a class to 100 fast is great to do nirvanab:victory
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    epic necro \o/
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
This discussion has been closed.