Options
2»

Comments

• jalenstar4ever
    jalenstar4ever Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Fairnes in leveling?

How does fairness in leveling come into play in a game where, for whatever reason, some players get to play up to 16 hours per day or more, yet others with jobs or other obligations are lucky if they get in a few hours of game time per week?

One of the posters complaining about players taking advantage of oracles and going from 1-63 in a few days has himself/herself gone from 1-53 since the new Harshland server opened up, which has only been up a bit over a week.

Do you think everyone has the time go from 1-53 in a just over a weeks time?

I think not.

Player A has a lot of time, therefore he/she is able to level very quickly, Player B does not have any time, and can not keep up with Player A?

How is that any fairer?
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Playtime is your problem, money doesnt affect it.
    Age does, a 12 yr old kid is going to have more free time than a 30 yr old.

Cant compare availability to buying levels easily, fail.
    Just 1 day left b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    buying levels easily huh?

Who the hell has this kind of cash? Even if ppl do its not going to be the majority on the server.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=220592&page=7
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You talk about reaching 80, we talk about 6x here.
    That's high for HL.

Nice try
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • jalenstar4ever
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Playtime is your problem, money doesnt affect it.
    Age does, a 12 yr old kid is going to have more free time than a 30 yr old.

Cant compare availability to buying levels easily, fail.
    Just 1 day left b:bye

You're right. There is no comparison.

A person with a job, or other time consuming obligation, has no choice. Even if they wanted to, they do not have the time to spend time in game to level. Whereas even those who play 16 hours or more in game can still come up with a few dollars to buy gold and take advantage of the Jolly Old Jones event just like the next player.

The fact that you'd rather not spend a few dollars and do the same as one who does, simply because you have the time to level and they don't, is YOUR problem.

Whine some more?
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ^ Make lame comparisons and fail some more?

You make perfect situations to fit your specific point of view, forgot the name of that fallacy b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• jalenstar4ever
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ^ Make lame comparisons and fail some more?

You make perfect situations to fit your specific point of view, forgot the name of that fallacy b:shutup

The lame one here is obviously you. The one who would rather come up with a lame counter-point rather than debate the point on it's merit.

But let me keep it simple, for simple minds. Lest those simple minds, mistake fact for fallacy

The fact that it is you complaining on these forums, and not them, makes you the one with the problem, and not them.

Slacka.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    There's nothing to refute or any argument worth making when your opponent uses fallacies b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• jalenstar4ever
    edited March 2009
    Options
    There's nothing to refute or any argument worth making when your opponent uses fallacies b:cute

The points been made for the world to see.

The fact that you're so readily willing to admit that you do not comprehend it, is a reflection on you, and not a very good one.

Yet I am certain I am not the only one not surprised by this revelation.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Oh my, do you follow that "how to argue online" joke guide from urban something I forgot the link.
    b:laugh

Make a reasonable argument, then talk.
    Making up a situation that perfectly fits your position and has no place for the opponents' position is NOT winning an argument
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Lytewish - Sanctuary
    Lytewish - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    My faction on Dream is planning on doing TW, but with all these other guilds power leveling with Jollies help it means that to keep up we need to do the same. I too am guilty of taking advantage of Jolly jackazz so that we can keep up with the other factions.

I think it would have been a lot better without this event entirely.
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hahaha this is HILARIOUS.

Ya know, the best part of this?

Ya'll be arguing this and that, fact fallacy, all this NONSENSE. But the REAL fact is.......*DRUM ROLL*..........NOTHING WILL BE CHANGED.

I watched as they argued about the "roll back plox" issue and laughed harder when they didn't get it.

Now i'm laughing at this.

Keep me laughing children....PLEASE DON'T STOP.

P.s: BEFORE any of u comeback with the "Hey we whined hard and they brought back charm packs" argument i will *ALACRITY OF THE BEAST* and cancel the channeling of that thought before it reaches ya mouth.
    They brought that back cos it is FINANCIALLY beneficial to them.

The sooner ya'll realise that ya "FEELINGS" aint worth SQUAT in this multi billion dollar online game, the happier you will feel.....Like me^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    P.s: BEFORE any of u comeback with the "Hey we whined hard and they brought back charm packs" argument i will *ALACRITY OF THE BEAST* and cancel the channeling of that thought before it reaches ya mouth.
    They brought that back cos it is FINANCIALLY beneficial to them.

*Force of Will* now u cant cancel it :P
    Hey we whined so hard they brought back charm packs b:victory

Damage is already done and it's almost over at least.
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Arrrgh dammed force of willl!!!! Now i gotta w8 10 secs to do it again:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • Isolated - Harshlands
    Isolated - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    seriously could u cry about jolly any more? stfu please. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cookie - Dreamweaver
    Cookie - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Jolly FTW.
    Please Come visit us at DreamWeaver soon xD
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Why did you stop posting on the other topic after all what you said got destroyed? rofl.

My argument didn't get destroyed.

All you did was keep repeating yourself as if that would make it true.

It's like talking to a brick wall or listening to a broken record.

Seriously, it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keita_ibuki - Sanctuary
    Keita_ibuki - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    lol, some people that disagree with the jolly jones event already know its not going to be changed. Sometimes you just feel like expressing your thoughts on the matter to others and see what they think about it, of course there were some flamerz that pinned down on my opinion, even though i had already said i was just stating my personal thoughts and nothing more. Honestly, how some people just decide to find a random post to pms about it is just ridiculously amusing but is at the same time an utter annoyance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lvl 4x Fist-Bm- Keita, Lvl 6x Cleric- Shinron, Lvl 6x Veno- Sierna (Sanctuary server)

Lvl 3x Fist Blademaster (Dreamweaver server)

Leader of Exceed faction- Together we will exceed beyond all limits b:cool.

"Death will follow you, no matter where you go"...
  • scridon
    scridon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I have a brilliant idea, how about we all start a thread where everybody can cry about how they hate every single event in this game? b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Cgl_ifrit - Harshlands
    Cgl_ifrit - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    all i am seeing is alot of crying about nothing,if the gms and mods didnt want ppl to pay 4 lvls then the wouldnt have did it but they did so i wish ppl would get over it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] u people make me stupid
  • slugsly2
    slugsly2 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    multi billion dollar online game

If this game is making multi billions of dollars profit I would be extremely surprised.

But anyway, people who spend a lot of real money are going to get an advantage... to think anything else is quite naive. Maybe it's time to step away from the game for a bit if this seriously worries you.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    please stop crying on the forums, i see those oracles for sale for 30k coins all over. whats your problem just go grind a little.

Besides they are paying for the game and ur just leeching off them.

I agree with you but you are a bit to rude. LOL
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

Spherical chickens in a vacuum!
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I <3 you Jolly please come back <333 I promise i'll have more than $20 for you!b:laugh
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Btw what happens in HT, LC and Sanc is DIFFERENT than the new servers, on the 3 old ones you already got established guilds and a ton of 8x & 9x, those who use these oracles wont suddenly become the top.

You lost already? You should have read the rule book.

OK, stop complaining about this event and start demanding another round of new servers so you can try again.
  • Dar_Malkier - Lost City
    Dar_Malkier - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Simple fact is that this event does provide the ability to seriously imbalance the new servers. On the 3 older servers, those who might think to use this event to level thier toon from 1-63 or so in only 2 days still have alot to worry about.....mainly all the 7x-9x toons running around looking for new 6x toons to PK. On the new servers however, those new 6x toons have no real competition and can pretty much own whoever they want. As such, there's no sense in trying to apply the gameplay dynamics from the old servers to those on the new.

That being said however, the simple fact of the matter is that Perfect World Entertainment is in business to make money, not to provide a fair and balanced playing environment......and the Jones events do make them quite a bit of money. Because of that 1 simple little fact, events such as this will continue and some people will continue to QQ about it. Personally, I have a toon on one of the new servers and I have and still am participating in the event. Despite that, I too believe that the timing of this event and the fact that with a little cash you can basically "buy levels" (as I have done) has gone a very long way towards ruining gameplay on the new servers. I'm not QQing about it (like I said, I have and am participating in it), but from an objective point of view, it would have probably been better had this event not of given oracles on the new servers.

Most important thing to take away from this post: "Perfect World Entertainment is in business to make money, not to provide a fair and balanced playing environment......and the Jones events do make them quite a bit of money. Because of that 1 simple little fact, events such as this will continue"
  • Daialura - Heavens Tear
    Daialura - Heavens Tear Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I don't know... It kind of makes sense in a way since so many new players won't have the initial coin to level up. It's going to be these people buying the exp. stuff that are going to help the lower levels get through their FB19, 29, etc... Plus they'll be the ones to run TTs and get mats for the higher level weapons which will make their way to the AH for sale to players who by that time will have the coin to buy them.

Plus, personally one of the reasons I'm not in a faction right now is because of the frustration of watching all my friends level past me. Most of them have had significantly more time to play than I do, so this event has been a nice little boost.

I put in 14 hour days at my regular job, plus I have side jobs when I get home. Combine that with a family life, social life, housework and other hobbies, and the game kind of falls by the wayside sometimes.

I know that where I spend my time is my choice, but I think it's nice to be able to enjoy the game and kind of keep up level-wise despite my limited availability.

Just my $1.50
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And still too squishy...
  • Dragnbabe - Heavens Tear
    Dragnbabe - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    from what i can tell- the jolly jones event has definetly screwed up the economy etc...but here's here to stay until either tommorow, or until a week after.
    so quit your QQ. he'll be gone soon enough.
    4x veno - dragnbabe
    4x poleblade bm - dragnbaby
    faction: Odinblade
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    one day...
  • Theseige - Heavens Tear
    Theseige - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I dont really care wHat others say which is fair and which is not. I just play the game to play it and if im able to drop some money on some gold i do it and if i cant i dont.Im just a simple person i guess i have my Axes and the armor on my back which is all i need b:victory
  • Tomato - Dreamweaver
    Tomato - Dreamweaver Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I dont really care wHat others say which is fair and which is not. I just play the game to play it and if im able to drop some money on some gold i do it and if i cant i dont.Im just a simple person i guess i have my Axes and the armor on my back which is all i need b:victory

Yup! Same here! b:victory