Announcement

Merulz - Harshlands
Merulz - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Dawnglory (EU)
THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT.

Not fighting back just means that you admit your defeat, not that it was unjust for PKing you.

WE NOW RETURN TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM.
Post edited by Merulz - Harshlands on

Comments

• Black_fall - Heavens Tear
    Black_fall - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I just started my first PvP character on Harshlands. Not really a PvP fan, but decided to try it, just to see.

Am I honestly the only person that expects to be pk'd the moment my name turns white? I know I have no real idea of how the whole PvP rules work (yet), but if being killed while trying to accomplish the storyline ticks you off, shouldn't you be playing a PvE character?

Heck, if I ever get the skills to be good at it, I expect my name to be glowing red.b:chuckle
  • Wreck - Harshlands
    Wreck - Harshlands Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    That's how most good PvP players see it. I expect you'll go far.

Basically you have two player types on a PvP server:

1) The people who want to advance in the game and think PKing is only fair or justified when they're attacking someone else.

2) The people like us. We want to kill and be killed. We're here for the fun and expect everyone else is too.

Just and FYI, this server is over populated by type 1.
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You forgot type 3.

3) People who choose grind over PKing at this stage and ignore PKs most of the time, to get better skills/gear and pk once their characters are stronger.

These usually **** type 2 in the end :) look at LC tw map for more info b:bye
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Wreck - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    Yes. Go look at Lost City's map.

Conqueror didn't run and hide from PvP. They accepted it. They took a stand and fought back. They balanced PvP and leveling and out leveled the stupid people who didn't.

Learn your facts before you fail to troll.
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    I didnt mean just that.
    RQ was type 2, where's their land?

Note: ignore pks most of the time can be balanced pvp/pve

L2R
    b:bye
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Wreck - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    No, ignoring PvP and just leveling isn't balanced. You can continue on with your delusions though.
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    It is balanced b:chuckle

Ignoring pvp most of the time, you forgot that lil detail.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Wreck - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    Argue your petty point. People can't ignore PvP MOST of the time and expect to be good when the PvP wars start while MOST the guilds are running around PvPing and creating skills in a group you suggest they run along and pick flowers? Recipe to fail. Good luck though.
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    Argue your petty point. People can't ignore PvP MOST of the time and expect to be good when the PvP wars start while MOST the guilds are running around PvPing and creating skills in a group you suggest they run along and pick flowers? Recipe to fail. Good luck though.

Any decent guild can get decent coordination/teamwork thru vent without having to pvp all day long and only go to big pk wars :)
    Soooo hardddddd b:laugh

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Aurian - Harshlands
    Aurian - Harshlands Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Any decent guild can get decent coordination/teamwork thru vent without having to pvp all day long and only go to big pk wars :)
    Soooo hardddddd b:laugh

U are talking to a troll that loves pvp so much that waits in line to kill a boss.
    He is probabbly mad cause cant buy skils, get it over itb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xtazee
    xtazee Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2009

You must forget this one tiny detail..

What about the level 80+ peeps from other servers that moved here with plenty of PvP and TW experience? LOL!!! Just coz they are ignoring lowbie noob PvP and focusing on leveling does not mean they don't know to PvP/PK! When the time comes, fools like you that wasted time PKin lowbies and trolling forums will be wiped out and be the first in line begging 'em to stop.
    So you go ahead and "practice" killing lowbies showing off your "mad skillz" sir.

Thanks for reading.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    PKing in a lowbie server looks like a waste, those who grind today will outlvl you and the result is obvious b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    oh yea what about those who come from other servers, are you assuming everyone is a new player @ pw ?
    b:laugh
    U are talking to a troll that loves pvp so much that waits in line to kill a boss.
    He is probabbly mad cause cant buy skils, get it over itb:surrender

LOL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Wreck - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    I am yet to kill those boss'. You are however talking to the **** hole that drug Ch'In over to the pirate 3 times to clear you failures out.

And solo PvP skill isn't enough. You need to know how each other works in PvP. If you people can't grasp that then that is your problem. Remember, before we broke up this failbeast 2v9 LastStand and won. That kind of coordination comes from learning to PvP together. Not individual ability.
  • Sacrifice - Harshlands
    Sacrifice - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    PKing in a lowbie server looks like a waste, those who grind today will outlvl you and the result is obvious b:thanks

And the solution to the upcoming outcome is level MOAR.

You have to balance Pk and leveling though, I'd pull my hair out if all there was is PvE. That's why I give mad props to the people who leveled on Heaven's Tear, Sanctuary, ect. All they have to look forward to is MORE PvE, with the OCCASIONAL PvP.

Now case in point "never back down", if you're clearly out leveled, you can stand and fight like a man, or you can run, admit defeat, save your heiro, and try again when you find that person when you meet eye to eye. b:laugh
  • Cyric_fall - Harshlands
    Cyric_fall - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    <<---As you can see, Black_Falls new PvP dude is lvl 20x. So far I'm still safe and blue, but I'm trying for 30 as fast as I can without skipping anything.b:laugh

I can see both sides of the argument here. If you start pk-ing at lvl 30 and spend all your time doing that, you'll probably never get very far. But I still can't see being angry if some higher lever character decides to smoosh me while I'm trying to level. Bothered and frustrated for a moment? Sure.

I guess the way I see it is it'll be both. Running from red names when I see them, and killing white names now and again for ego boost, thereby marking myself as a target, lol. Thus adding the element of suprise and excitemet (I hope) that I found lacking on the PvE server.

Or I could be totally wrong. That's always a possibility.b:sweat
  • ayako55
    ayako55 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You forgot type 3.

3) People who choose grind over PKing at this stage and ignore PKs most of the time, to get better skills/gear and pk once their characters are stronger.

These usually **** type 2 in the end :) look at LC tw map for more info b:bye

Lol, you're smart. Yes LCs map did type 3.
    Xtacy
  • Ansem - Harshlands
    Ansem - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I luvs wreck, lol But yeah, as soon as i turned white, i was continuously paranoid of everyone else and flew as high as possible to avoid them, *shrugs* unlike my other friend who decided to run out of the safe zone through Orchid Valley and died 2 mins after she lvl'd lol.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ayako55 wrote: »
    Lol, you're smart. Yes LCs map did type 3.

x u forget that conq could sorta pk while leveling, im wondering if crimson still thinks knockback works in pk
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    mmm well everytime I see crimson fighting your folks you're either in sz or running, so how exactly do they fail at pking if you're the one on the run.
    Mayb I miss the good battles, dunno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • h0mey
    h0mey Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    mmm well everytime I see crimson fighting your folks you're either in sz or running, so how exactly do they fail at pking if you're the one on the run.
    Mayb I miss the good battles, dunno.

He's just angry, and got **** to much by crimson, thats why he needs to flame them in each and every post
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    h0mey wrote: »
    He's just angry, and got **** to much by crimson, thats why he needs to flame them in each and every post

yeah u guys are quite amazing, my flaming is just hidden jealousy b:shutup
  • Deathnote - Harshlands
    Deathnote - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    yahh.. i pk ^__^
    Bringing fear and widespread random deaths into the Harshlands, that is my goal..

IGN: Shinigamii, WR

Death Note Rule #18
    A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the gods of death.
  • Angerr - Harshlands
    Angerr - Harshlands Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This server is kinda like PW-MS (euro version) there were 2 big guilds that avoided pvp as much as possible and leveled up as much as they could. In the end the server died, and they all wasted their money on the CS without any pvp except at the very end where everyone knew the server was down.

I just pvp in between leveling, when I get a new skill, new wep, wanna test my damage or if I just see a challenge.

On this server I've seen way too many baddies, theres people that when you attack them, they don't even try to fight back even though they could probably win. They just run all the way towards a safe zone and die on the way. I've only seen a handfull of people so far that know how to pvp properly.

Anyways low level pvp is fun, the damage is all different, everyone has bad gear and no one uses dolls because they are a waste ;)
  • livie
    livie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    its quickly to say PWI is like MS, its far from it.

MS first powerhouses were nemesis illusion and helios.

Half way the death of the server helios took upon 3 guilds and did very good overall.
    Crimson is basically the ppl who left MS and started here, atm its Kingdom and Crimson who are kinda allied, but who is to say thats forever.

If u see the TW maps there are already several potential guilds who can be strong, PK/PVP on PW games start at 80+ really , everything under is fun, but not really PK in my books, i mean camping heavens tear when u lvl 50 ish is fun, but pathetic.

The most PK fun i had was camping Swamp/Worldquest areas, crashing enemy zhens later on.

For now if there is pk and we gather 2-3 parties easily the opposition stands no chance else then going safezone , thats the only reason we can lvl up with the other ppl. Guilds need to have numbers, if u are one of the random PK guilds thats your playstyle and in the end it will catch up on you if u stay behind , but if u can keepup lvling and compete then u for sure will be a tough opponent ^^
  • Wreck - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    That's not true. Mercenaries gathered 7 people at Angler's Village while LastStand gathered two or more full parties. Yet LastStand still got rolled. Fact is numbers only matter when they get ridiculous. For example 6 vs 30+ obviously the 30 will win.

Same thing goes for levels.

A level 81 Mage one shot Shinzoko in World PvP yesterday. He's 10 lvls higher than that, at least.

You guys need to focus less on the numbers and more on your group compatibility.
  • Guillk - Harshlands
    Guillk - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    agre with wreck i c 6 lastand geting owned by 2 citadels... maybe lv make a diference but u have to know ur capacitys u cant think u can wip a barb being wr at low lv(its posible but it takes too long even in the end-game part)...

PD: Nemesis never was a started factor in MS -- nemesis is a merge of 3-4 guilds when the notice thay cant took a land... the one that shows potential in the begining was Helios, Heroes and Illusion... and the pk fest started even before we know that the server will die...
  • malevolentz
    malevolentz Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    That's not true. Mercenaries gathered 7 people at Angler's Village while LastStand gathered two or more full parties. Yet LastStand still got rolled. Fact is numbers only matter when they get ridiculous. For example 6 vs 30+ obviously the 30 will win.

Same thing goes for levels.

A level 81 Mage one shot Shinzoko in World PvP yesterday. He's 10 lvls higher than that, at least.

You guys need to focus less on the numbers and more on your group compatibility.

Funny, I was there the whole time and it looked more like 5-6 LastStand vs 2-3 parties of Mercenary.

Low level PK/PvP means -nothing,- especially when some classes don't get anywhere near decent at pvp until higher levels. You stating that you need to develop group co-ordination is a decent argument, however you seem to forget that 99% of HL have players that have played this game before, experienced TW and know how to effectively communicate with each other without a need to "practice."

If you can't make people run to SZ after 2 weeks of no-life grinding on mijis, along with being ultimate cs whores, and have a good 10-15 levels on a majority of the server, you need to uninstall and find a new game to play. Levels & CS whoring =/= skill in PK, sorry.
  • Wreck - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    What class doesn't get good at PvP till high levels? Seriously, humor me.
  • xtazee
    xtazee Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    What class doesn't get good at PvP till high levels? Seriously, humor me.

MG aka Wizard... nuff said. You want to argue? Bring it on son or go ask any high level MG :)