Evasion Needs to EVADE Magic Too!

Options
13»

Comments

• Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Magic can miss in WoW and/or be resisted.
    Now I understand it being resisted, but dodging magic is like jumping in a pool full of water and trying to avoid getting wet.
    Back.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Dodging magic is like jumping in a pool full of water and trying to avoid getting wet.

HAH! k thats like my saying for the day!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    tatakairyu wrote: »
    Already have them.

They are ranged and hit harder, why would they need less chan/cast/cooldown?

Why decrease critical for melee, we have to add a completlely different stat point to increase our crit and damage (besides archers), so should magic.

What accuracy? Most come from gears.

When a mage hits, it hits hard, when a physical melee hits, he has to be close ranged(besides archers) and doesn't hit as hard. You're supposed to keep your distance so you don't get stunned.

Before you try to post again, please do know how to play the game.

Actually i know how to play this game ^^,so please no offense to me I was not offended anyone =)
    And the time just take a mage class cast one spell u can achieve him and stun ^^
    And if we going to talk about things just already exist this thred have no sense bcause the magic elemental defense is enough and ALL the armors give u high stats of elemental defence more and no phys evasion, so the amount of magic defense just u can get is superior of the amount of evasion u can get.
    Other point is the effect of the reduction in channeling barely be seen in comparison with the increase of magic defense.
    So i still think just there re no unbalance and dont need magic evasion.
    Oh, btw i mean just if they want magic evasion will need to implement that things, no just need now, cya ^^ and good luck :) and please, no offense I just're sharing views.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Considering how much time it takes to channel a spell compared to the time it takes to pew pew or whack whack, I'd say it's fair that spells cannot be dodged. Likewise however, I'd like some long-channeling physical attack skills have better accuracy. It's so ANNOYING when a sharpened tooth arrow or deadly shot MISSES DX
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Archers should get more evasion per dex point
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Take your own advice. That veno you were claiming "obviously wanted to be OP" was responding to the rediculous idea of EVADING MAGIC. Had nothing to do with making veno's OP in the slightest. Your response was unwarranted.

Seriously, what are you smoking, anyway?

Don't know, but it isn't as strong as yours it seems

Just incase you haven't figured it out, no one actually cares what class you play badly.
    when did I post the class I played rofl? Seriously what are you on? b:chuckle
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Double You. Tee. Eff.

Why should you be able to dodge a "green flying ball"? How green is this "green flying ball" you speak of? Does this "green flying ball" have an AoE? So many questions! questions! Oh. Em. Gee!
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I agree 100% at least vs. NPC's. I do not care about Vs. PC's either way.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I agree 100% at least vs. NPC's. I do not care about Vs. PC's either way.

Since when do NPC's, apart from Guard's, attack people? especially with magic. o.o
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    tatakairyu wrote: »
    Don't know, but it isn't as strong as yours it seems

Well, since you seem intent on believing that the veno "obviously wanted to be OP", I shall leave you to live in your fantasy world.

when did I post the class I played rofl? Seriously what are you on? b:chuckle

Did I say you did?

No, I didn't actually.

Did I say no one cares what class it is?

Why yes, yes I did!

I suggest Reading Comprehension 101 classes for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KiLLaCuPiD - Heavens Tear
    KiLLaCuPiD - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    here it is... a chance to evade magic attacks in PvM! that shouldn't be an issue
    NO CHANCE to evade magic attacks in PvP! that would keep balance.

support of the arguements-

for PvM:
    1. Most magic attack mobs hit just as fast as melee, and usually for atleast twice the dmg.
    2. Most places with magic mobs have atleast one other type of aggro mob in the imediate area. How many times i've been killed by the other 2 magic mobs I had no chance to get away from.
    3. Magic mobs are NOT squishy like your average mage/cleric. raise your hand if you remember 2 hit killing any mob around your lvl. *looks for hands sees none*
    4. Stunning a magic mob doesn't stop their casting only delays it. If stunned mid cast soon as it wears off you are hit.

for PvP:
    1. Most magic users are squishy. 2-4 shot from a decent melee. why gimp that more?
    2. For casting stronger spells you are stuck idk exact times but lets say atleast 3 seconds if not more? Havent played wiz yet to know times of strong spells. As archer I shoot at what looks like about once a second doesn't seem fair for me to have the chance to attack 6 or more times cuz the wizard misses once.

idk theres probly more for both but bleh

once again before i get flamed

Magic evade PvM YES GOOD!
    Magic evade PvP NO BAD!!!
  • Picexplorer - Heavens Tear
    Picexplorer - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Sorry double post but I had to reply to this idiot.

I'll just assume english isn't your first language and leave it at that.

Archers hit plenty hard. Yes magic hits for around your crit damage, but you get a whole lot more attacks in than a caster. Also, magic does have a chance to crit, but most mages don't ahve anywhere near the crit % that an archer does(at level 80 an archer could break 15% pretty easy, 20% with gear whereas a mage would be about half that)

Anyways, this post was from a BM. Learn how to use your skills and mages will barely be able to get a spell off to hit you. Between all the stuns you get, unless something misses me I usually don't cast more than 2-3 spells against a good warrior.
    lol u dumb veno..., ull cm everywhere to give justifications, right?
    check what m writing.
    i said magic hitters hit almost as same as archer's crit. and they have sleep which is like 8 sec+ lol.
    i am saying tht coz i am an archer noobardo.i used to play mage also lol and i have played this game and this char is imbalanced from my experience, and what ever u say or i say doesnt make it difference.
    P.S-: about my english, no ! m not an english speaking person and i dnt take any pride in making u understand with my dumb and stupid english. atleast m able to make a **** jobless veno like u to understand..b:laughb:pleasedb:bye
    go play ur game entire life 84 lvl noobardo
    any ways..<< quit flaming long time back >>

but smtimes u had to step-up to spank the kids
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    here it is... a chance to evade magic attacks in PvM! that shouldn't be an issue
    NO CHANCE to evade magic attacks in PvP! that would keep balance.

support of the arguements-

for PvM:
    1. Most magic attack mobs hit just as fast as melee, and usually for atleast twice the dmg.
    2. Most places with magic mobs have atleast one other type of aggro mob in the imediate area. How many times i've been killed by the other 2 magic mobs I had no chance to get away from.
    3. Magic mobs are NOT squishy like your average mage/cleric. raise your hand if you remember 2 hit killing any mob around your lvl. *looks for hands sees none*
    4. Stunning a magic mob doesn't stop their casting only delays it. If stunned mid cast soon as it wears off you are hit.
    *raises hand* i have! >.> double crit from advance spark>take aim>frost arrow=dead mobXD
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    lols critical strike on sacrificial assault
  • Pumpkin - Dreamweaver
    Pumpkin - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    arcane devours magic damage.
    Before my veno was lvl60 she was very overpowered against normal players.
    Now for pvp she sux against physical damage period.haha magic never misses
    I'm going light build b:cry
    I didn't read any of the pages but the first 1 but leik...
    Pet skills never miss so how is it people tell me archers have best chance against a veno's nix flesh realm.Do pet skills miss as well occasionally?
    What is balance in an MMO lol u can be immune to Slow in a Fly Aereogear but not on a Mount.
    Most good magic skills i got have low % of adding status ailments such as freeze or stun.
    I dunno if melee characters skills all have 100% to send curses...only 100% curse i see is my Ironwood scarab and Purge
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

Did I say you did?

No, I didn't actually.

Did I say no one cares what class it is?

Why yes, yes I did!

I suggest Reading Comprehension 101 classes for you.
    Lets do a OMGLAZERZ! Hey omg, No on cares what fail cake you like. My pies are better! Yeah, doesn't make much sense now does it? b:chuckle
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well once I had hard time with Trioc Ruffians (full magic) and after completing that (ouch-ouch) i didn't want to see another Trioc ever again. but buess what not too long ago Trioc Lords quest came up.

my first step was obvious- pair up with wizard. great idea, they never got a shot at me. till...he had to go afk for long period. And then I improvised something that consumed lot of mana but worked.

objective - don't let the mob ever complete channeling it's magic stuff...you need to constantly pester it with something. and you need to be quick.

1) don't give it time to react. Instead of running into his aggro zone- drop into it from above. when you run towards him it will activate mob before you get to him. so from air click on the spot next to mob but choose it so that if it starts to run- it runs away from other mobs. So hit the "sprint" skill (to get stuff done fast) and drop!

2) when you feet touch the ground- Roar! if you have it up do date you have approx 5 or close to 5 sec.

3) (sprint is still active) physical attack!! right up to the point when the nimbus disappears from above it's head

4) he's running. fire drake ray and the other long distance blast skill similar (can't remember the name) and start to run towards it to close the distance again. on the way use alter magic marrow. Hit with aeolian blade. if you're lucky he's freeze again. if not he gets hurt. either way you're 2 long distance skills are now cooled down and fire them again. he should be dead.

Summary: Big stun/blade hits/2 long distance skills - run - stun/2 long distance skills - run - stun/2 long distance skills. Repeat the procedure till it's dead.

it eats mana but as I got used to the drill he only zapped me once per fight or if got clean stuns- he didn't touch me at all.

maybe another BM has better ideas but this is what I have used in fights and it's pretty cool to finish the fight with full magic mob like this without him ever getting shot at you. Earlier I didn't think it was possible.

As Promised I tried this last night and............I failed. LOL

I tried a different mob that I had on a quest (some snakes on small island, I forgot the name). I followed everything until the point the mob would run. In this case he did not run (I guess he said, I don't need to run from this pice of sh@#$t).

Anyway, I got killed. I don't blame it on your strategy. The reasom is more than my toon is not build for this strategy. Roar of the pride take a chunk of chi that I need for my diamond sutra.

However, I went back to grinding sharks to recover my exps and called two lower level clerics and a higher veno to kill the snakes (I had to kill 55).

We did it quick.

Dropping from above next to the mob, I will continue using that. Good idea. Thx for the tip.
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    As Promised I tried this last night and............I failed. LOL

I tried a different mob that I had on a quest (some snakes on small island, I forgot the name). I followed everything until the point the mob would run. In this case he did not run (I guess he said, I don't need to run from this pice of sh@#$t).

Anyway, I got killed. I don't blame it on your strategy. The reasom is more than my toon is not build for this strategy. Roar of the pride take a chunk of chi that I need for my diamond sutra.

However, I went back to grinding sharks to recover my exps and called two lower level clerics and a higher veno to kill the snakes (I had to kill 55).

We did it quick.

Dropping from above next to the mob, I will continue using that. Good idea. Thx for the tip.

His strategy is used for killing running mag mob types. Did the same dropping from the sky thing when I was killing them although I did it mainly to make them run in the direction I wanted. It incredible what kind of things you can come up with when you have completely no help.