unable to connect to ANYTHING

Options
jackspade
jackspade Posts: 5 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Support Desk
im in a house with 3 other pcs playing it fine. 2 on vista, 1 on xp sp3

im on a FRESH install of vista, with the language packs installed and NO firewall, and when i install it, it ---

WONT update online. fails on the first file

WONT update manually. tells me it cant contact the update server.

WONT play the game. shows server lists, with no additional info, and refuses to connect.

also, ive tried this wired, and wireless. the launcher also doesnt show any information about my system under the settings. im getting tired of playing in the living room.

ive submitted a ticked, and the needed files and gotten no response.

im desperate...

someone please help me, im super cereal.

b:surrender
Post edited by jackspade on

Comments

• crystalt
    crystalt Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. All files verify properly. Nothing appears to be wrong... but the patcher won't connect and there's only one patcher service that says 'patcher'... and it shows me 3 servers with no info... ping doesn't seem to work, and none of the other tabs seem to work. I spent all day downloading this and I'd really like to play it. Hope someone answers soon!
  • jackspade
    edited March 2009
    Options
    yes, verification went fine for me too. also, copying the installation off one of the other computers doesnt help.
  • ssakura
    ssakura Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    check and see if the servers are flashing if they are not that means there under maintenance if there not your in trubble.
  • Zerxies - Lost City
    Zerxies - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    yea i think the servers r down cuz if u check the site and look at the server status even on there it says all of them r offline... but yea im having the same prob.
  • Ravien - Heavens Tear
    Ravien - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Have you tried downloading the patches from the Technical Support Zone then just double clicking on those to update the game itself? I've had problems with automatic updates and using manual patch that you click in the patcher. Hope this helps.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87242

If you are trying to do it right now, the servers are under maintenance and your connection will fail everytime.
  • solaralchemist
    solaralchemist Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hey guys, yea looks like the servers are down so we wont be able to log in just yet.

First lets fix that patch problem for ya shall we :)

If you want to be able to download and install updates without manually downloading and even to fix manual installing errors you need a special pack.

It basicly is because some of the files have wierd chinese characters attached to them and apparently are systems cant pick them up without useing this file.

the file
    (note took me ages to find this fix... enjoy)

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=489137

Download, unzip the file, and click on the bat, will automatically and very fast install the chinese things needed in your reg and there... you can now update :) (when the servers come online again)
  • jackspade
    edited March 2009
    Options
    thanks for the info and the files, but that cant be the issue... the problems been affecting me for 3 days and every other pc in the SAME HOUSE can access it. the same servers and all. and manual patching doesnt work because it says it "cant access the update server". the play or update servers, none of them work, but only from this one comp

b:sad
  • jackspade
    edited March 2009
    Options
    thanks a billion for that file, that worked a charm. i dont understand why though, since i installed the entire 1.4gb chinese language pack in the process of trying to get it to work...
  • solaralchemist
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Haha your welcome :) its a cool fix :) so sola is smarter than he smells :P
  • dokukage
    dokukage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    THX MAN THIS REARLY WORKS :D
    Now i can FINALY play the game :)
  • solaralchemist
    edited March 2009
    Options
    No problem dude :)
  • maxdonald
    maxdonald Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Dude, solaralchemist YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!!
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    @solaralchemist

Could you please outline the steps that you went through to install and use that batch file?

Describe what it did for your system?

We don't have a non-East Asian Language PC here in the office to verify the solution you offer, although we have downloaded and verified that the files do not contain viruses.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • pongchamp
    pongchamp Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ive not been able to connect to any of the servers even though on the website it says they're all online. im wireless and is there something i need to do with my router? is this game peer to peer? i never had any problems with downloading the game or the patch and it lets me get to the point where i enter my username and password but just wont connect. any help?
  • aleemo
    aleemo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    it always says log in time out in 40 seconds
  • c0llective
    c0llective Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Here is one more who always gets the pop-up "Unable to connect to server" when trying to log in. I have already downloaded the newest DirectX and new drivers for my GPU. I also downloaded the file that solaralchemist sent here and executed the .bat file.

I have run through the verification of all the files a couple of times and I did the patching manually. In addition to that I added Perfect World into my Firewalls list of allowed programs and tried to run PWI without any antivir on at all. But every time I still get the same message, is there anything else I could try?

My country is not IP blocked, because few of my friends are playing PWI with no problems whatsoever.

Help appreciated, thank you.
  • Wiku - Sanctuary
    Wiku - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i have pritty much the exact problem as collective, help would be appreshiatedvvb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • c0llective
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I'm seriously starting to get annoyed by this. Today I checked if the problem was my router, negative. Problem persisted even after I put my ethernet cable straight into the modem. Vista users have also been advised to try shutting down their UAC (User account control) and I did that too, without any results b:sad

I could really use a hand with this.
  • swordfreak
    swordfreak Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Same here, .bat file didnt do me any good b:cry
  • darthpanda16
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hey guys,

Try the networking info described here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1338352&postcount=32

Take your time with it. Multiplayer PC online gaming isn't always fun and easy.

This website can help you check your connections: http://ping.eu
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • swordfreak
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hey guys,

Try the networking info described here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1338352&postcount=32

Take your time with it. Multiplayer PC online gaming isn't always fun and easy.

This website can help you check your connections: http://ping.eu

Darth you last url says my port is closed.
    So I think I got the problem.
    Now I have a Motorola cable modem SBV5121E and really dont have a clue how to open the port??
  • Wiku - Sanctuary
    Wiku - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ug,this is dumb, if somthings wrong like that then why will it lem my character on to sancuary, and ONLY sancuary, my sis cant get in to any of the servers -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Because each game server has their own group of IP addresses assigned to them.

Your firewall, security or network settings may have allowed for one server if that was the first one you connected to when you first installed the game, so the others ones may need to be added.

MMOs need really good stable and speedy broadband internet connections, and PC multiplayer online gaming isn't always easy.
  • c0llective
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I'm confused. My brother installed the game on a PC that uses same router as mine and the game connects, well he does have a very high ping. Over 250, but I am still unable to connect at all... As I said earlier I have tried shutting down my firewall, antivirus software, UAC (user account control), running it as an administrator and even tried the XP compatibility mode. Nothing helps. Does anyone have any more advice, what should I try next?
  • c0llective
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The link that darthpanda sent (ping.eu) said that the port 29000 was closed, but some another program I tried called PFPortChecker said that the port is open. I wonder which one should I trust?

Ping.eu also told me that 100% of the packets transmitted to any Perfect Worlds IP address are lost.
  • darthpanda16
    edited March 2009
    Options
    See if this can help you:

Additional Networking Help

If you need more information about setting up your network connections, please visit the
    following sites:

Windows XP: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/setup/default.mspx

Windows Vista: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-us/networking.mspx

Note: If you do change your network settings, please remember to reset and/or
    power down/up your modem before the changes will take effect.
  • c0llective
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Unfortunately I wasn't able to find anything that would help me from the link you sent darthpanda...

I have been trying to find out reasons to my problem and now I have found one quite possible one. When I enter pwigc2.perfectworld.com on ping.eu and choose traceroute it shows me this euping.jpg
    w950.png

And when I used program called Zenmap to show the same route it gave me an answer that was a bit different zenmaproute.jpg
    w786.png

So, can anyone say why are they different and why I have to go through even over twenty different addresses before reaching the destination? Is there any way to "skip" some of these? Most preferably the ones that don't reply to me at all.
  • swordfreak
    edited March 2009
    Options
    c0llective wrote: »
    I'm confused. My brother installed the game on a PC that uses same router as mine and the game connects, well he does have a very high ping. Over 250, but I am still unable to connect at all... As I said earlier I have tried shutting down my firewall, antivirus software, UAC (user account control), running it as an administrator and even tried the XP compatibility mode. Nothing helps. Does anyone have any more advice, what should I try next?

Im having the same problem, been trying to play this game for 4 days now.
    I have installed it on my wife's pc with windows XP and all goes well.
    Same modem/router, but on my pc with Vista64 its a no go.
    Anyway, after all the things I have tried I know for sure its a Vista problem or poor Perfectworld programming b:shutup
    I have Vista home premium so I cant install extra language packedge.
  • kursun
    kursun Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i cant play either... when i click @ Perfect World that menu pops up but cant connect to update server.. i made an account but cant log in ... im using vista home basic 32-bit.
    i really wanted to play this game..

P.S im using my laptop .. my system MEETS the requirements so thats can't be the problem.
  • solaralchemist
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hey guys im back, sorry i didnt know this thread would attract so much attention.

To anyone looking for chinese language pack: You dont need the whole pack just a file :P (im useing vista, and you can install the file needed to download updates, I posted it earlier on in this forum along with instructions.)

To Darthpanda16, Hey im just useing a regular laptop here in the UK, with vista and happend to come across that solution after hours of searching so decided to share with everyone :)

To those who have used the .bat file and it still is not working, sometimes the servers are down just wait a few hours and try again.

To those who have waited a day and still not working, post more details and ill have a look :)
This discussion has been closed.