Glorious Deaths

Options
Zhoelle - Sanctuary
Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
The Damn Kun Kun

I was returning to Archosaur after a quest when I stumbled upon the Kun Kun. It was in my list of things to do, so naturally I attacked. The chase was going well, just needed one more hit. But the darn psycho-deer led me right into a circle of Level 54 thugs.

As the Kun Kun gasped its last, there was a pause as I exchanged meaningful looks with the big baddies. "Uh oh", I muttered as I bolted. Needless to say, my Level 30 butt didn't get far...

So nice of a cleric to battle through some ghouls to bring me back.b:thanks

So, does anyone else have some beautiful death stories?
Post edited by Zhoelle - Sanctuary on

Comments

• XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The guards kill me alot..

I have to remember not to use auto path with a red name while riding my puppy.. b:sad
  • Meristem - Sanctuary
    Meristem - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

I have to remember not to use auto path with a red name while riding my puppy.. b:sad

you suck Asch =/
    but u know we like you :D

ah and i died yesterday coz i was flying near ground and didnt see ancient spearman... 1500 metal dmg over time hurts when its more than 3 seconds ><
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    you suck Asch =/

I know.. b:sad
  • Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    2 stories. First was I was fighting mobs in the same area you were but got too many on me at once so I used distance shrink. Landed in a group of three more and they were all physical. Didn't even have time to respond. Second was when the level ? monsters first appeared. I say one at Arrowhead manor and decided to see what it was. It walked up to me and did 24k in one hit.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

I've died more from guards than actual players .. lol
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Nacra - Sanctuary
    Nacra - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    My nicest death story is from my veno when we ran one fb39. I was killed by each boss once, because I stole aggro from our barb over and over. Next day we run fb51 and I stole aggro from him at the last boss too. Boss turned at me, sneezed and left me with 10% HP and continued to attack tank.

One of the recent death stories was near Tusk Town, where I decided to check if those higher lvl mobs which guard plant at nearby hill are aggressive. Was aggressive, but died only after 5 hits... Almost got away at that time... Good I tried it just after I lvled up :)
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I've died more from guards than actual players .. lol

Yeah.. I'd have to say, the two ways I die most, are from guards [when I forget I'm infamous], and when Clerics heal the Barb instead of me in TT [and I steal Aggro right away]. b:sad
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The Damn Kun Kun

I was returning to Archosaur after a quest when I stumbled upon the Kun Kun. It was in my list of things to do, so naturally I attacked. The chase was going well, just needed one more hit. But the darn psycho-deer led me right into a circle of Level 54 thugs.

As the Kun Kun gasped its last, there was a pause as I exchanged meaningful looks with the big baddies. "Uh oh", I muttered as I bolted. Needless to say, my Level 30 butt didn't get far...

So nice of a cleric to battle through some ghouls to bring me back.b:thanks

So, does anyone else have some beautiful death stories?

Just PvE or do TW stories count?

Pasting a huge flashing bullseye on a Cleric in TW is redundant. b:shocked
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Lee_Hyori - Sanctuary
    Lee_Hyori - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    My first death in TW was when I was chasing a squishy-looking cleric on my little panther, shouting "Spartanzzz" at the top of my lungs. 2 seconds later, he cast sleep on me. As I stood there, unable to move, I found the place I was in being swarmed with enemy players left and right. I think 5 clerics all simultaneously cast wield thunder and the tornado thingy on me and **** my little sexy slinger. b:surrender
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    My first death in TW was when I was chasing a squishy-looking cleric on my little panther, shouting "Spartanzzz" at the top of my lungs. 2 seconds later, he cast sleep on me. As I stood there, unable to move, I found the place I was in being swarmed with enemy players left and right. I think 5 clerics all simultaneously cast wield thunder and the tornado thingy on me and **** my little sexy slinger. b:surrender

There was this smexy slinger chasing me on a panther once in TW shouting "Spartanzzzz"...

b:victory
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Just PvE or do TW stories count?
    All stories of course!

Since I play PvE right now, that's all I've got, but PvP is sometimes hilarious (based on other games I've played).
  • Lee_Hyori - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    There was this smexy slinger chasing me on a panther once in TW shouting "Spartanzzzz"...

b:victory

Ahahaha, speaking of which, I saw you a LOT during our TW that day. Maybe becuz we were both assigned to the same path. :P
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ahahaha, speaking of which, I saw you a LOT during our TW that day. Maybe becuz we were both assigned to the same path. :P

lol...definately!

You saw me *dead* a lot.

Curse you arrow/stone slingers! b:angry b:laugh

Long fun battle that. Both sides ( if I'm thinking of the same fight ) were very evenly matched. Trying to pay attention to 4 different things at once and stay alive was well nigh impossible. Making a Cleric squad lead is a bad idea. We have enough trouble.
  • Lee_Hyori - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    lol...definately!

You saw me *dead* a lot.

Curse you arrow/stone slingers! b:angry b:laugh

Long fun battle that. Both sides ( if I'm thinking of the same fight ) were very evenly matched. Trying to pay attention to 4 different things at once and stay alive was well nigh impossible. Making a Cleric squad lead is a bad idea. We have enough trouble.

Yeah, it was on Path C. We pushed thru the gate a couple times, but couldn't hold our ground. You guys kept pushing us out. Fun Time xD
  • Dr Salvation - Sanctuary
    Dr Salvation - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It all started in a dark cursed night. The rain clouds covered the full moon, and standing at the entrance of the hidden passage, holding his poleblade, Dr Salvation entered alone in a quest to find the celestial painting...Knowing that he was too weak to battle those monsters at the hidden passage, he waited until a group was formed. That group was killing all the monsters, and Doc only followed them close. Things were going well until they took a right turn to a giant monster, where they all died. Doc took his right to enter the hall of deception. The smell was that horrible of humid walls and decaying flesh. In spite of being alone in there, he still felt the precense of those who once walked the earth and faced their doom in this room. In fact, he felt the precense of birds encircling him already. He turned to look at this left and saw what he was looking for. Too easy he thought to himself. When he was about to step forward to the chest, he thought again TOO easy...hm... he walked back to the shadows and saw three deadly men guarding the zone. He waited for the guards to start walking away from the chest, then he quickly went to get it. But before he could finish picking the painting, the guards started their way back. "Got it!" he whispered to himself. The guards got to hear that. The raised their weapons and started attacking, on of them had cast a slow spell. Doc thought that it was his doom...Thank god for cloud sprint. When he got out, a cleric from Ithiria needed that chest too. Doc was going to tell her how he did it, but he remembered that clerics don't have any speed buff, so he decided to go with her. once inside, she waited for the guards to start their way up, she started picking the chest, but a little too late...so he had no other choice to engage them...she succesfully got the chest and ran away, and doc breathed his last breath. "Did you get the chest?" he asked weakly. Her only respnse was leaving Ithiria.

zzzz....*drool spills out of my mouth an onto the keyboard*
    -Die? Haha! Dying is the last thing I'll ever do in my life!-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xaratul - Sanctuary
    Xaratul - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Glorious death?
    The best death ever is dying from those clapper things in TT.... especially when you mistime sparking, hoping to be invincible during the blow.... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~NefariousNecromancer
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yeah, it was on Path C. We pushed thru the gate a couple times, but couldn't hold our ground. You guys kept pushing us out. Fun Time xD

you shouldn't have been able to get in... i didn't hear the gate was being attack and didn't send reinforcementb:angry biggest noob mistake ever
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    you shouldn't have been able to get in... i didn't hear the gate was being attack and didn't send reinforcementb:angry biggest noob mistake ever

This was when I was in Ravenous and our effective force was about 40 people. b:sad
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well I don't know how glorious it is, but I had fun doing it.

Went in to fb 51 with some faction members (to do quests for 2 of them). We get distracted really easily and ended up all dying from a couple sacrificial archer midgets that came bolting around the corner while were standing there flapping our lips about how ridiculous it was that 6 lvl 4 darkness stamps had dropped already. Our cleric came back and revived us (he's such a nice cleric), and I decided that I wanted to see how many mobs I could pull at once before dying. I turned on summer sprint, and wound up using a couple moonchasers. I had about 60-70 mobs after me, maybe a bit more, when I rounded a corner and ran headfirst into Rankar and 2 more archer midgets. Needless to say I didn't even have a pet out and died instantaneously. I had fun though, and my members enjoyed watching me run past them a couple times followed by mass amount of elite mobs with this over my head, "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH".

My hp charm took quite a few hits, but I had fun lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Dunno how glorious it was but definately amusing. Just outside Etherblade there is a certain hill with a chest on top of it. Around this chest are a bunch of mobs. Out of curiousity I decided to take a potshot at *one* of them.

I think I had enough time to type "oops".

Then there was the time my old guild ( 9Kings ) and I decided to take on Jewel. This was before any of us understood how to kill the silly basticle. Needless to say once the Barb was debuffed ( and then one shotted ) things went south in a hurry. By "in a hurry" I mean that the entire party tried to scatter or drop to the ground but didn't have time. Jewel 5 - Gravity 0

I think PELZ still has a scar from that one. :)
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    gah, i was using herc to tank jewel and manage to get it down to 30% when it decides to do it's aoe attack and did 4k damage which one shotted me. but now i can do it :P got 4k health unbuff :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Samusa - Sanctuary
    Samusa - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Spinewraiths are pain and getting ganked by 2-3 of them, tends to hurt un-charmed. Best way to escape? Drop straight down. Typed "SAVED!" on squad chat, just before one single Wretched Hydrolace finished the job.

Farming is such relaxing little hobby, even when surrounded by 90+ mobs at Harshlands. But paying attention to surroundings is strongly cautioned, cause you can bump into cranky world boss like I did.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Spinewraiths are pain and getting ganked by 2-3 of them, tends to hurt un-charmed. Best way to escape? Drop straight down. Typed "SAVED!" on squad chat, just before one single Wretched Hydrolace finished the job.

Use reverse psychology. Next time type "I am going to die! b:shocked". You will die less with that. I have never died after saying that even in most hopeless situation.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Add "Blinded by being under/inside a huge boss, miss clicking, smacking it with your puny magic weapon, taking aggro, and being reduced to a grease spot". b:shocked
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Great stories, keep 'em coming!

I recently had a not-so-glorious death with my veno in FB19. It went something like this:
    "These mobs are so easy, there's no need to pull" <stupid idea #1>
    "Oops, minkii died" <pulls out scorpion>
    "Um, little scorpion dear, you might want to collect aggro on the mobs chasing me"
    "Get aggro, get aggro!!!"
    "Stupid scorpion, you're too slow"
    "I'll just fight them myself until you catch up..."<stupid idea #2>

Now why didn't I change into fox form? I might have lived, but then I wouldn't have had a story to tell. Flying away would have worked outside, but I was inside. I was lazy and trying to kill things faster <stupid idea #3>
  • Blytz - Sanctuary
    Blytz - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Taking my wings off after aggroing a "few" too many vipions by Jade Shore...only to land in the middle of cenminator + friends. That was a while back though b:chuckle

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I probably would have noticed, if only my camera wasn't panned slightly upwards.
  • Mahaylow - Sanctuary
    Mahaylow - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I was over on the jaded shore killing lofty pterosaurs. I needed to go meditate so I landed. At that time I didn't know there was a world boss in the area, well I thought it would be safe to meditate right where I landed. Next thing I knew...I was dead. Cenminator was right behind me, and killed me. b:surrender
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I died to kun kun, he 1 hit me.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Niteblade - Sanctuary
    Niteblade - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    speaking of world boss.. way back when they first applied the patch with world bosses all over the places, even in low level places, i was minding my own business up on heavens tears, then like usual, i dropped to the ground, something 1-hit killed me.. i was like wtf, i wasnt even in pk mode.. looked around, and there it was, the ugliest thing that looks like what you see on top of archo was looking right at me... almost landed on top of that thing few times thereafter, force of habbit...
  • Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Recently did an FB59 unwined. One of the mobs I was fighting ran into a group of four others and I got aggro. That looked really nice. All four in a row, channeling simultaniously, and looking like a well trained firing squad. You can guess what happened next.
    Another time was when I decided to attack Soul Hunter. Fight was going along and I thought to myself "This is easy. Going to get some faction members later and kill this thing". Then one of the mobs on the hill walked up behind me and killed me. Stunned and debuffed. That fight didn't last very long.