Free Private Training! (for new or experienced players)

Comments

• Zx_buzter - Lost City
    Zx_buzter - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    hello there............. i dont know how you can take 0-2 damage per hit

but we could save money for repair by picking up drops and DQ items and sell them for 10k and we still make profit

anyway i already make 700k
  • Kishanhood - Heavens Tear
    Kishanhood - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ohh thats nice...i always sell my DQ drops to any npc for 800 coins
    i now realise how wrong i have been by doing that...=[
  • wuxinnan
    wuxinnan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    what's the best way to sell dq items...auction or shops...it seems to me you have to leave your shop on for entire day to get any thing sold..
  • Cursedragon - Sanctuary
    Cursedragon - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    wuxinnan wrote: »
    what's the best way to sell dq items...auction or shops...it seems to me you have to leave your shop on for entire day to get any thing sold..

npc is the only efficient way to sell all of ur dq items unless u r a nice person and sell them in shop for npc value
  • Magicz - Dreamweaver
    Magicz - Dreamweaver Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    In new servers, I think they should sell for more
    Member of Dynasty! BTW RBorn died b:sad

ARCANE b:dirty > LIGHT b:surrender!!! b:angry b:angry b:angry

Current Goal: SPAM teh_fishey!

Highest PvE Attack: 22k on FB59 Drake Boss, non-sparked, non-critted, BM dragon, Veno Amped debuffed Sandstorm, lvl 62 Attack, ARCANE FTW!!! b:dirty
  • elmii
    elmii Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    No, you use the highest level bow you can to make sure you're dealing the maximum damage so as a result you use fewer arrows to take down a monster. Using level 1 equipment would barely do anything to level 40 monsters which can regenerate faster than damage output.

And finally, to be realistic, the repair values of 10 gold to a few hundred are all based on proportions in relation to your level, your weapon's level, and directly related to your skill with the method, meaning the higher the weapon level, a sure chance repair costs will be dramatically more, but the savings rate will be consistent. For example, using the method could cut an average repair cost of 113 down to an average 23; to be consistent, an average repair cost of 1300 would get cut down to an average 300, which means it won't be a set value you will end up with, but rather a percentage or ratio reduction.

Definitely; try to add me to your friend's list to see if I'm on and I'll show you the basics.
    If you can cut my repairs cost of around 20K for an hour grind at lvl 77 I would like to see it XD not like I m complaining since an hour of gind would bring me around 120K... yeah i DO npc dqs - too lazy for the cat shopping b:surrender

and for the people who asked how lvl 20 or 40 can take 0-2 hits from lvl 80 mobs... Simple - come close to mob he ll hit you 1 time ^ ^ and you re dead, easy XD
  • Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear
    Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Is this thread even active from the thread creator?

Myself I take 0-3 hits from a mob, but I havent leveled my knock back really because its not that good and if I take a hit from a mob and its increased life then I put up my Winged Shell and Im good to go.
    Making new char..Which one? I have a BM..but I want more damage and stuff to do..

Experienced players contact with the cons n pros of there class and where to put points n what skills to up ASAP thanks..
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    Horseman - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So this guy was blowing smoke then? Why is it still stickied?
  • Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hey Archers!

Alright, so you've found out that our class is somewhat expensive to maintain considering we're weak as a butterfly yet sting like waking up realizing you just missed the final exam, and that we're dependent on our ammunition to be able to fight (shame we couldn't use our bows as skinny clubs). Plus, having to stand there and take some damage means reducing endurance on the armor, meaning repairs, repairs, repairs. Plus, hate to mention it, but alas we cannot hide from the fact that our damage is reduced by half when firing normal arrows at melee range.

Hm....well, something has to compensate for our high damage, right?

Not necessarily! In due time, after I have created and posted some videos for you visual learners, I will include a comprehensive, written guide that will show you...

• ...how to avoid buying health or mana potions at all.
    • ...how to expect to spend from ten coins to a few hundred on repairs no matter what level you are.
    • ...how to take from 0-2 hits from a monster no matter the difference level between you and it.

However, for those of you who would like in-game training, please create a character on the Heaven's Tear server, send me a PM or email, and we can work on a scheduled meet. Sessions should take anywhere from 10-15 minutes of practice, and 5 minutes of pre-practice explanations, demonstration, and pep talk!

By the time you're through and have mastered these techniques, I guarantee that your wallets will be fuller, and that you can show those Venomancers that they're not the only class that can solo!

is your main really a lvl 2x and you think you can make a guide for other ppls? get real!!!!!!!! everyone knows knowledge comes through experience (not exp) and you my friend [taking that your image is your main] is not experienced enough to do so. and iff you are a high lvl with lots of experience but want to show a different image then dont listen nto what i said and reply using your mains image so i know your not a wannabe. ppl like you irritate me alot b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
    "When life gives you arrows give them back ", Divine_Demon b:sin
    edited March 2009
    b:irritatedb:irritatedb:irritatedb:irritated all you lvl 35 and below bug the living **** out of me ... im lvl 52 and im still asking questions and giving out SOME advice and answers to questions i learned the answers to and that i know of from my own experience ... and now what ... a lvl 23 wants to start a guide for ppl's and acts all big about it ... at lvl 20 you learn **** about how the game is ... once you hit lvl 60 then you can give out advice and guides cause once your there you know ALOT ... and whats up with the repair costs and 0-2 hits ****? its just stupid ... you dont know anything about the game yet and if you want to learn just play the game and stop this retarted guide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i work my **** off to lvl and get resected by other players and here you are acting all big and respected well if i ever see you in game expect a duel cause its coming your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited March 2009
    ohh thats nice...i always sell my DQ drops to any npc for 800 coins
    i now realise how wrong i have been by doing that...=[

no your doing the right thing that guy is a lier no oine buys dq 21 for 10k!!!!!!!!!! dq 51 (worth 2k each at npc) is in cat shops for only 3-4k not even 10k. dq 71 ive seen it for 6-7k and thats the max!!!!!!!!!!!!! my dqs are worth 2k each now but there rarer so i make like 70k in an hour of grinding but my veom is lvl 29 and is grinding on hay. so sell dqs to npc it is not a lose at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    Horseman - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I sell level 20 and 31 DQ items at 2 and 3k respectively as a general rule, i leave my account logged in while at work or sleeping to sell whatever i have garnered during play time, i dont often sell all my items but often sell 80-90% of them ...
  • Jaden_sun - Heavens Tear
    Jaden_sun - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Windslinger,
    I would like some help, from anyone really. I know that you are looking for a higher level test subject but I would like to participate. Obviously I don't know how to play the class very well if mobs my level bring me under 25% health before I kill them. And I will be the first to admit that I don't know how to play an archer very well. I would LOVE to learn how to play this class with skill, and I think that it's great the someone wants to put together a guide to show the average Joe how to do it! Sure I know how to distribute my skill points and what builds there are, but how to play the day to day grinding efficiently is something that I don't know how to do with this class. So Windslinger, help me. Or anyone else that would be willing to impart their knowledge of this game and class, I am all ears.
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    b:irritatedb:irritatedb:irritatedb:irritated all you lvl 35 and below bug the living **** out of me ... im lvl 52 and im still asking questions and giving out SOME advice and answers to questions i learned the answers to and that i know of from my own experience ... and now what ... a lvl 23 wants to start a guide for ppl's and acts all big about it ... at lvl 20 you learn **** about how the game is ... once you hit lvl 60 then you can give out advice and guides cause once your there you know ALOT ... and whats up with the repair costs and 0-2 hits ****? its just stupid ... you dont know anything about the game yet and if you want to learn just play the game and stop this retarted guide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i work my **** off to lvl and get resected by other players and here you are acting all big and respected well if i ever see you in game expect a duel cause its coming your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here is some advice, calm down. this guy might be wrong, he might be right we never know until its been tested by people on different lvl mobs, different equipment etc etc. experience help definitely, but u dont NEED experience to figure out some smart method of grinding.
    Personally i dont believe whatever he has come up will work, or it will work but takes 2 long but there is nothing wrong with posting guides/advice as a low lvl player.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • killer417
    killer417 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I am... morbidly curious. I'd like to see a demonstration of you doing this against Gouf Aerox Chief.

And, have you used this technique against ranged attack creatures, such as Luminoc Architect and Khewy the Rattus Lord?

yea i wold like to see you kill it with 0-2 hitsb:chuckle
  • Goldian - Dreamweaver
    Goldian - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Man i've been reading this whole thing, guess what.. waste of my time.. Bah i hate searching stuff in forums.. I'll ask annor she always know an answer b:dirty
  • range4fun
    range4fun Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    can u get dark wings for free or do u have to pay real life cash for dark wings
  • Cufaen - Sanctuary
    Cufaen - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Still trying to figure out what this guy's selling. And range4fun, go back to your own thread to find the answer.
    "Lead me, follow me but get out of my way!"
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    Ganiju - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited March 2009

1.calm down.
    2.some people know more about this game then others
    3.if they are being an **** just ignore them.
    4.they might have gotten the advise from some other player who told them something wrong.
    5.its okay and fine to want respect and of course people work their **** off to get to a higher lvl. thinking that lvling is the only way to get respect...sorry to say...but no it isn't...i have people that are higher lvls asking me for help and when some other higher lvl barb comes along and tells me that i am doing my build wrong and that i should do it their way i just say "my build is made this way for a purpose...don't just assume that you have the perfect build for tanking and such." and if they start argueing with you just go "well BLing time" and ignore them...
    6. don't just duel a lower lvl to beat the **** out of them because if you win they will just be like "you used pots" or "i wasn't ready" (i get those excuses all the time...just because i am a barb means that i need to use mana pots to do skills...i have 738 mp btw)
    7. if you want respect be nice to some people help them out...and don't beat up the little guys...because trust me...word gets around that you are doing this and people will think you are cruel.
    probably one of the smartest in perfect world
    yet the lowest of level
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    b:irritatedb:irritatedb:irritated all you lvl 35 and below bug the living **** out of me ... im lvl 52 and im still asking questions and giving out SOME advice and answers to questions i learned the answers to and that i know of from my own experience ... and now what ... a lvl 23 wants to start a guide for ppl's and acts all big about it ... at lvl 20 you learn **** about how the game is ... once you hit lvl 60 then you can give out advice and guides cause once your there you know ALOT ... and whats up with the repair costs and 0-2 hits ****? its just stupid ... you dont know anything about the game yet and if you want to learn just play the game and stop this retarted guide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i work my **** off to lvl and get resected by other players and here you are acting all big and respected well if i ever see you in game expect a duel cause its coming your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

somebody has issuesb:bye
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    Ganiju - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    somebody has issuesb:bye

tell me about it...
    probably one of the smartest in perfect world
    yet the lowest of level
  • Zap - Harshlands
    Zap - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    How did this get stickied lol, I assume he must actually be doing somethign great so i gotta see this.
    Nuff said.
  • CRYSTY - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i dont believe it can be true lolb:laugh , try to kill cenminator maybe ull not be killed just get 1 or 2 hit on u b:laugh ?!! (cenminator = 23.9 mil HP [150 lvl] ).Not spent money very much on repairs ? b:laugh , is this some king of hacking tool or what ?b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI since nov 2008, FW open beta, BOI open beta, STO free-to-play open release, Torchlight I since came out.
  • CRYSTY - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    oops *kind of tool . Oh btw, u will learn me how to hit and run all time b:laugh ?? i saw some players doin this !b:laugh well if they like to play on this mode good luck b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI since nov 2008, FW open beta, BOI open beta, STO free-to-play open release, Torchlight I since came out.
  • CRYSTY - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    I am... morbidly curious. I'd like to see a demonstration of you doing this against Gouf Aerox Chief.

And, have you used this technique against ranged attack creatures, such as Luminoc Architect and Khewy the Rattus Lord?

b:laughb:victory lol good point.im have fun soo much b:victory . excuse my english , cya all, takecare and good luck b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cyanea - Lost City
    Cyanea - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    How did this get stickied lol, ...

Maybe our moderators are giving us a subtle hint about how accurate our other stickied threads have been?
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Oh boy... the tears.. they are a' coming T.T
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • Fabiana - Lost City
    Fabiana - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lol i think i have a hunch..
    step 1. u spam ur buffs till u get a spark.. activate eruption kill monsters in hopefully 0-2 hitsb:chuckle
    step 2.hopefully you wont get bored and do it all over again?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ESPADA marshal
    lvl 7x~ Archer
  • Xvegas - Heavens Tear
    Xvegas - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    b:chuckle I cant wait to see how a lvl 40 archer can take 0-2 hit from a lvl 80 mob. Cuz you said "no matter the level difference between you and it" :P

Hey, he said 0-2.. and that level 40 archer is only going to get hit once..
    if you catch my drift? ;)
  • Windslinger - Heavens Tear
    Windslinger - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Alrighty, sorry about the long delays, and I know a lot of people are anxious about the method and process of the guide. So far, I've only received a handful of level 15-25's to help out, and have yet to find anyone over 30 who can volunteer in helping me develop the visual portion. I still have yet to find a level cap for what I'll dub as "Ghost Snipe" (formal name is still being considered, but was suggested by Naokomines), and there's nothing that brings me more satisfaction than finding a loophole or proving myself wrong (because I'll have managed to explore what I didn't see on the surface). I empathize with your doubts, and that is why I am requesting for some high levels to put aside farming or leveling time to assist me.

For those of you who are curious, this is my new main, but I have (poorly and ineffectively) reached level 49 under another character. I've sold and transferred everything from him onto Windslinger, so that is why I can't personally test Ghost Snipe at higher levels.

Also, I want to thank everyone ahead of time for their patience; one major obstacle so far is getting the videos I have so far to compress enough so that demonstrations shown at higher levels will be able to fit into one movie with the others. I'm trying to take everything into account, such as using the method on melee, ranged, bosses, flying, swimming, with and without speed upgrades, etc., and to apply each at various level increments, so that calls for lengthy clips at high quality, and I can't speed up the playtime since detail and timing factors are important to notice.

Happy hunting everyone (project 88% complete)
    It's not about being perfect...
    ...it's about knowing you're not.