Housing system

Phaetonus - Lost City
Phaetonus - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Suggestion Box
Now I heard in other parts of the world that they have developed a housing system. However I also heard that it was really spendy. A housing system would be amazing, especially for faction housing. So instead of having individuals houses, each faction would have the option to build a fort of sorts to meet and so fourth. But the idea of making it so expensive is a problem I think. Even for a faction it could be hard to round up that much coin. So my suggestion would be to create a system where faction leaders and officers can build a "Faction sanctuary" that only their faction could enter. Also it would be cool to be able to allocate a specific territory only for faction housing. I.E. no one could take over that territory, it would be communal land. b:thanks
Phaetonus
Post edited by Phaetonus - Lost City on

Comments

• Katselya - Heavens Tear
    Katselya - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thats a good idea!! But instead of it being on land we could just have a "Faction Teleport" or something and it would be completely off map, just some kind of cave or something. Would be very fun to go hang out in and meet up for TW so it's not crowded where ever they go.

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zethanal - Heavens Tear
    Zethanal - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Lu Pai already is there for that... I saw him once and I was the first to see him.
    "Death is just a new path, a path everyone has to take." -Gandalf
  • Sgal - Lost City
    Sgal - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Dark Ages of Camelot had a housing system, it was for the players and consignment shops. I like the way this game handles the shops.

The Guild House Zone would be great, even go outside and go into other guilds houses and be able to hang TW banners on the walls of the territories they have acquired. A guild vault for players to add community items for free to other guildies. With a timer of 2 weeks of course to stop guild hoppers from robbing it blind.
  • Pixiewink - Heavens Tear
    Pixiewink - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yeah this game needs a faction housing. Even if its just chosing from premade setups. But having it fully customizable would be best. Would be kinda neat to have it on basically a whole other map where you can wander around and look at everyone's setup. Maybe put a gate keeper up where people can pay an entry fee to the faction to go wander around the inside would be a good one too. Though it would need an option to ban people from entry should people run around your hall annoying your faction members.
  • Keita_ibuki - Sanctuary
    Keita_ibuki - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yes, a personal faction building where you could meet up with everyone for some possible inside faction events and be able to access everything faction related there as well. On top of that, a housing system where you can buy a house and have more storage inside would be great also, differant decorative layouts to choose from, common household items inside. (pool would be sweet, pool party ftw) Of course i'm not implying that it's going to happen, just a suggestion where you would be able to relax from lvling/questing for awhile in your personal home with guests/friends and interact.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lvl 4x Fist-Bm- Keita, Lvl 6x Cleric- Shinron, Lvl 6x Veno- Sierna (Sanctuary server)

Lvl 3x Fist Blademaster (Dreamweaver server)

Leader of Exceed faction- Together we will exceed beyond all limits b:cool.

"Death will follow you, no matter where you go"...
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    As much as I like this feature too I can bet anything we won't be seeing this implemented anytime soon....if ever. :(
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Now I heard in other parts of the world that they have developed a housing system. However I also heard that it was really spendy. A housing system would be amazing, especially for faction housing. So instead of having individuals houses, each faction would have the option to build a fort of sorts to meet and so fourth. But the idea of making it so expensive is a problem I think. Even for a faction it could be hard to round up that much coin. So my suggestion would be to create a system where faction leaders and officers can build a "Faction sanctuary" that only their faction could enter. Also it would be cool to be able to allocate a specific territory only for faction housing. I.E. no one could take over that territory, it would be communal land. b:thanks
    Phaetonus

um its already in the game code jsut disabled... it only works on the chiniese p2p (pay to play) server
  • lonefire
    lonefire Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thats a good idea!! But instead of it being on land we could just have a "Faction Teleport" or something and it would be completely off map, just some kind of cave or something. Would be very fun to go hang out in and meet up for TW so it's not crowded where ever they go.

b:thanks
    just want to get this out of my head and in the open
    or instead if your guild has a territory they can build a fort for about 10mi sumthing like thank i dont really know if thats a lot but anyway this fort would make the guild 20k a day and when another guild attacks they get the fort and a eighth of what the old guild made off it(this would start some territory wars)b:laugh b:pleased
  • _CatGirl_ - Heavens Tear
    _CatGirl_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i agree with every1 the faction housing is a great idea, one thing i hate is about guilds are that u never really meet youre guild members, unless u do a fb or something. u could hang and meet youre members, it would be good before going in to TT's and fb's, so u could plan strategy
    Character-Class-Level-Server-Faction-Activeness

_CatGirl_-Veno-81-HT-N/A-Semi-Active
    AngelOfLies-Cleric-90Sage-HT-N/A-Semi-Active
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-67-HT-N/A-Not active
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-60-HT-N/A-Not active
    SpiralLight-Mystic-3x-HT-N/A-Main
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    Cooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think this would be great i know 2 games i previously played that did this and i found it awesome
    houses aloud more inventory space and just they are nice to have :P
  • Semyezza - Heavens Tear
    Semyezza - Heavens Tear Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    How about, instead of having to buy something with a **** load of money that small guilds don't have, your faction house upgrades with your faction. Etc, Tier 3 guilds will have a lot cooler faction house.

It'd be just a nice place to relax, not be pestered by random morons asking for money, not be in severe laggage all the time (West Archo, anyone?) and where you can just meet each other and trade without having to cross the entire world or ffs, waiting an hour for an item to arrive.

And yes! I'm sure most guilds have Storage characters or something. We have our mules located at South Archo bank. But it'd be so much easier to just keep them near a teleporter and tele them into the faction house, the other member teles into there too and doesn't have to seriously abort their grinding to fly ten boring minutes to the assigned place. Or better, drive your ferrari (mount) around the place and get merked before you even get there.

...Heh, I guess the latter does make the trip a bit more interesting, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I. LIKE. TO. KILL. THINGS."
    - Richard the Warlock, LFG.

visit my gallery on !! quelfish.deviantart.com !!
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    There is another game I play where we have our own guild halls and the guild is the only one allowed on it except alliance guilds or guests.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Iah - Sanctuary
    Iah - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    if you have ever done a world quest (as annoying as they are), and have received a mysterious item...these are used in the housing system which exists on the chinese servers. i tend to keep mine with the hope that someday soon i can build a lovely little mansion for my faction :)
  • Zemiazas - Sanctuary
    Zemiazas - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    There is another game I play where we have our own guild halls and the guild is the only one allowed on it except alliance guilds or guests.

Guild Wars? o.o
  • Notgood - Heavens Tear
    Notgood - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    OMG you know the housing system i found a guy who gives you housing skills and funrtirure making he like on the island of the endless sea near the part where you can't go yet, but ya they should have a housing styem for pwi and guilds wars is a game where its basically a pvp type game and roll play the highest lvl is 20 there 4 expasinions factions,nightfall proh, and eye of the north (i only got 2). BUt the pvp is awsome in that game but you relaly get mad taht lvl 20 is the highest, though the guild hall is a place where any guild member of that guild could go into and hangout or trade or whatever...like a social place.
    Why am i like this cause you made me like this...
    I guess you really didn't know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    um its already in the game code jsut disabled... it only works on the chiniese p2p (pay to play) server

Ya... I've heard that it was just in the "original" PW that was in China.. the PW that we get is the "upgraded" PW or something apparently... I would love a housing system or guildhall stystem, but I highly doubt that they will put it back in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    After the many threads created on this matter, i have heard somewhere that an official response has been made (by a GM), on the matter if the housing system will be brought back, or not.
    After searching for about an hour and finding no official response, i'm asking: Was an official response actually made? If so, what was the response? If not, GMs could you please enlighten us? b:beg
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I would love to see a faction house system implemented. Even better would be if all faction members were given a skill/item to teleport into the faction house (with maybe a teleport out to Arch or a selected major city).

I saw a video clip about the Chinese system, and those houses look huge. This would be fine for a guild, but if there's any version made for individuals, I'd want them smaller, maybe 1/4 to 1/5 the size.

Considering the possibility of adding a whole new set of items to the Cash Shop, I'm surprised it hasn't been added earlier, especially considering that we aren't exactly in competition with the Chinese version.
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    A game I played awhile back had personal housing, with the larger and expensive housing being owned by a rich players (that game didn't have a cash shop ... subscription). It would be nice to see something like this implemented (guildhalls).
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • GuerillmoChi - Harshlands
    GuerillmoChi - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    b:victory Good ideas... but a easy method is if they adapted on the city of heroes/villians method of "bases" and just improved on it b:pleased
  • Raffel - Heavens Tear
    Raffel - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    After the many threads created on this matter, i have heard somewhere that an official response has been made (by a GM), on the matter if the housing system will be brought back, or not.
    After searching for about an hour and finding no official response, i'm asking: Was an official response actually made? If so, what was the response? If not, GMs could you please enlighten us? b:beg

yeah. I want to see this official response as well. Not going to keep these mys items if they are never going to be needed.
    If anyone knows where it's at could you link it?
  • Opey - Sanctuary
    Opey - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yeah this game needs a faction housing. Even if its just chosing from premade setups. But having it fully customizable would be best. Would be kinda neat to have it on basically a whole other map where you can wander around and look at everyone's setup. Maybe put a gate keeper up where people can pay an entry fee to the faction to go wander around the inside would be a good one too. Though it would need an option to ban people from entry should people run around your hall annoying your faction members.

the only thing i can add to this is if the other faction members pay to look at our houseing they must first be stripped of all gear and weapons that way they cant attack the faction members
    wise men wonder while strong men die
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Faction housing would be so amazing...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    the only thing i can add to this is if the other faction members pay to look at our houseing they must first be stripped of all gear and weapons that way they cant attack the faction members

Safe zone ftw?

Sorry for the double post b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Its was already stated that there will be no more housing on PWI. it was in a chinese version when it was p2p. ill post a photo of the housing l8r
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Noarux - Sanctuary
    Noarux - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It's not a faction house, but I believe it'll be implemented 'eventually', I heard that instead it was more of a land based construction, IDK but I've seen some vids on youtube, it does looks pretty interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ugh this has been requested so many times and it is such a good idea

I wish the GMs and Devs would do something, can't they just copy the code from the other versions?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • Noarux - Sanctuary
    Noarux - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It's already in the game, they just need to activate it xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    yeah. I want to see this official response as well. Not going to keep these mys items if they are never going to be needed.
    If anyone knows where it's at could you link it?

Search function on the top right side of this window is your friend....

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=308531&highlight=Housing+system

There you have one of the replies GMs have given regarding housing.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Why not have this implemented, lots of things allowing to greater customise the houses/halls could be added to the cashop allowing them to make profit from it, it's a win-win situation for the makers and the players o.o

Like the teleportation item straight to the house which someone earlier suggested could be in the cashshop along with storage spaces, chairs, tables ect.

Let's make a petition to have it implemented D:<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]