Daylight Savings Maintenance - COMPLETE

Comments

• JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yay Finally...
    Im on autopath now so still got nothing to do.. Any1 in for a game or smthin?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DemonsAce - Heavens Tear
    DemonsAce - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    woot yay game on
  • Alizeee - Heavens Tear
    Alizeee - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    How come we're still down for time change? We play PW......we don't care about time b:chuckle
  • Whiteknight - Heavens Tear
    Whiteknight - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    to be seriosu a half an hour to do this is sufficent. there should be NO bugs in this type of server update. if there is a Bug then WTF r u adding something besides the time change to the game? Lets get with the program. Man and here I was thinking this was a good game and yet here I see a lot of times u take the servers down more then most. u make major mistakes doing a time change man ure programmers seriously need to get yer things straight. If ure gonna take 2 hours for a half an hour time change then thats just sad.
  • DemonsAce - Heavens Tear
    DemonsAce - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I had a good time tlaking to ya all hope we cna talk again :Pb:laugh
  • Emily - Dreamweaver
    Emily - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    omg all that time and my 10-min-wait-while-I-prepare-this quest wasn't even done! wtf
  • Errabella - Sanctuary
    Errabella - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Thanx heaps GMs, you've been very active. 3 Cheers! b:victory
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Wow, whiteknight just got owned. How long did it take for you to type that while the servers came up? lol
  • Ajok - Sanctuary
    Ajok - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ON ON ON b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • zapelo
    zapelo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    servers still offline ... Slovenia
  • tatakairyu
    edited March 2009
    They're up lol.
  • sba
    sba Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    yer but i cant get on the lsot city sever today b:shocked b:angry b:cry
    edited March 2009
    Server are still not up. =|
    tatakairyu wrote: »
    Wow, whiteknight just got owned. How long did it take for you to type that while the servers came up? lol

it dont matter how long it took me to write that. the servers were down for an hour not 30 miutes. It dont really take 30 minutes to reset the servertimes to show DLS dude. I wasnt OWNED by anything. I made a clear and SERIOUS statement to the Guys who make these LONG un needed stupid updates for DLS. Takes 5 Minutes total to reboot a server. they rebooted them and acted like it was a serious patch. and yet there was no patch. stupid
  • sekmetstouch
    sekmetstouch Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    sba wrote: »
    yer but i cant get on the lsot city sever today b:shocked b:angry b:cry

Maybe they lost Lost City and want to play hide and seek with you b:laugh
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    it dont matter how long it took me to write that. the servers were down for an hour not 30 miutes. It dont really take 30 minutes to reset the servertimes to show DLS dude. I wasnt OWNED by anything. I made a clear and SERIOUS statement to the Guys who make these LONG un needed stupid updates for DLS. Takes 5 Minutes total to reboot a server. they rebooted them and acted like it was a serious patch. and yet there was no patch. stupid

Hi Whiteknight,

Restarting the PWI game servers isn't exactly like flipping a switch or rebooting your home PC.

I realize you're frustrated about the downtime, and we apologize for that, there's no need to get aggressive. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sekmetstouch
    edited March 2009

Well, really if you're looking for the quick fix then sure you can say all that. BUT, if you want it done right then I think the slower approach and triple checks are better, even if it does cause longer downtimes and saves on the possibility of lost info. If you know so much you would think before you wrote that.
  • sba
    edited March 2009
    who the hell said im getin agressive im getin agressive now dam it for u false acusing me for getin aggresive
  • manfor
    manfor Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    "Daylight Savings Maintenance"....Anyone reminded of Y2K? They were all worried about how the clocks changing would affect computers too >_> lol

(not saying anything on if Y2K was real threat or not, just saying XD)
    Satellite Internet: The permanent "hold on a sec" connection

Always ready with the S'mores and hot dogs for when the flames get going.
  • sba
    edited March 2009
    lol its working b:victory
  • Sammyson - Heavens Tear
    Sammyson - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ya... servers are up..... so y can't i log in...
    edited March 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    Hi Whiteknight,

Restarting the PWI game servers isn't exactly like flipping a switch or rebooting your home PC.

I realize you're frustrated about the downtime, and we apologize for that, there's no need to get aggressive. :)

Im NOT getting aggressive Ure acusing me of getting aggressive and thats Defamation of character. Im Stating a Fact. I HAVE Run servers in the past. ANd its sad that U have to make something that dont take but really a MAXIMUM of 15 minutes tops to reboot. It is pretty sad that it took you all a longer period to do it anyways. THere wasnt NOTHING else going down but a server reboot. Yer apologizing for the slowest reboot. Man I was PLaying (another game) 20 minutes ago. they did the same thing as you. Makes you wonder the major difference? they started there server downtime at pretty much the same time as you. they were done when I got here to check the progress at 6:30am my time. servers went down at 5:45am My time.

To the other guy You know I did think of that. And in this LAST statement I said the MAX time it requires is 15 Minutes for a FULL reboot. Giving 15 Minutes of actual time to make sure nothing went wrong. ENUFF SAID!

ANd yes NOW Im mad.
  • sekmetstouch
    edited March 2009
    Sometimes happen when too many people log in at the same time. Give it another whirl :)
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    @Whiteknight: Given what past patches have done, I'd have thought people would be glad that they were taking a bit more time, and hopefully testing everything, making sure it all works, instead of just restarting and going live straight off.
  • tatakairyu
    edited March 2009
    Im NOT getting aggressive Ure acusing me of getting aggressive and thats Defamation of character. Im Stating a Fact. I HAVE Run servers in the past. ANd its sad that U have to make something that dont take but really a MAXIMUM of 15 minutes tops to reboot. It is pretty sad that it took you all a longer period to do it anyways. THere wasnt NOTHING else going down but a server reboot. Yer apologizing for the slowest reboot. Man I was PLaying 9Dragons 20 minutes ago. they did the same thing as you. Makes you wonder the major difference? they started there server downtime at pretty much the same time as you. they were done when I got here to check the progress at 6:30am my time. servers went down at 5:45am My time.

To the other guy You know I did think of that. And in this LAST statement I said the MAX time it requires is 15 Minutes for a FULL reboot. Giving 15 Minutes of actual time to make sure nothing went wrong. ENUFF SAID!

ANd yes NOW Im mad.

Re-read what you wrote and say that wasn't aggressive lol. Talking about your previous post if ya want to get smart, because this one is worse.

Anger management anyone? b:chuckle
  • sekmetstouch
    edited March 2009
    Im NOT getting aggressive Ure acusing me of getting aggressive and thats Defamation of character. Im Stating a Fact. I HAVE Run servers in the past. ANd its sad that U have to make something that dont take but really a MAXIMUM of 15 minutes tops to reboot. It is pretty sad that it took you all a longer period to do it anyways. THere wasnt NOTHING else going down but a server reboot. Yer apologizing for the slowest reboot. Man I was PLaying 9Dragons 20 minutes ago. they did the same thing as you. Makes you wonder the major difference? they started there server downtime at pretty much the same time as you. they were done when I got here to check the progress at 6:30am my time. servers went down at 5:45am My time.

ANd yes NOW Im mad.

Running a household server for a small group of players is not something you can compare to an International Server setup that has 100 times more players. Don't confuse your mini server with the big leagues.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009

ANd yes NOW Im mad.

Your an idiot. Better yet. Your a class A-1 idiot. Further more.. (edited because I don't wanna get banned for being gross)

That is defamation of character.

Xarfox telling you to chill out and stop being a whiny assed bytch (he put it nicer than me) is not defamation of character. STFU and go play some other game if you don't like how this one is run. Or go Pay 2 Play and get less customer service than you get here and a lot more disrespect.

Moron

~Saitada
  • Fierce - Harshlands
    Fierce - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    im just upset the rare pets didnt spawn even though it said events werent to change.
  • sekmetstouch
    edited March 2009
    To jemima,tatakairyu,and Saitada----

Nicely put all of you.
    edited March 2009
    Your an idiot. Better yet. Your a class A-1 idiot. Further more.. (edited because I don't wanna get banned for being gross)

That is defamation of character.

Xarfox telling you to chill out and stop being a whiny assed bytch (he put it nicer than me) is not defamation of character. STFU and go play some other game if you don't like how this one is run. Or go Pay 2 Play and get less customer service than you get here and a lot more disrespect.

Moron

~Saitada

Blah Blah Blah Blah! Its a shame. First The First Post I made EARLIER I wasnt being aggressive. I was being NICE. The 2nd Post is WAY more aggressive then the first 1.

Now Actually to the next person about a personal Home server? who said it was a HOME server? Heard of STEAM? Half-Life? TFC or even better yet CS and DoD Source? My God Man thats a LOT of games listed there. Try running one of those servers? I have And Trust me they are **** more advanced then this one is. since they are running with Bots that actually think for a minute as to whats gonna happen to them.....oh wait they cant do that they are AI after all...Yeah Big Leagues? Try Minors here buddy LoL

ahh yes now satida. Actually the Customer Service here isnt all that great. I mean COME ONE you cant even change yer email address for this game LoL...Oh Flaming how sad r u? Yer flaming someone and yet u can be getting into trouble there. NONE of my posts flame anyone. if you go back the stupid remark is just really saying that its pretty stupid it took that long. Also aawwee poor little lost soul. Try getting out a little more. you really seem like the type who has no life and does nothing but plays games all day long.get over it. quit being childish. Only a child wants to swear all the time. tell others what to do. blah blah blah was actually AIMED at you LoL.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Blah Blah Blah Blah! Its a shame. First The First Post I made EARLIER I wasnt being aggressive. I was being NICE. The 2nd Post is WAY more aggressive then the first 1.

Now Actually to the next person about a personal Home server? who said it was a HOME server? Heard of STEAM? Half-Life? TFC or even better yet CS and DoD Source? My God Man thats a LOT of games listed there. Try running one of those servers? I have And Trust me they are **** more advanced then this one is. since they are running with Bots that actually think for a minute as to whats gonna happen to them.....oh wait they cant do that they are AI after all...Yeah Big Leagues? Try Minors here buddy LoL

ahh yes now satida. Actually the Customer Service here isnt all that great. I mean COME ONE you cant even change yer email address for this game LoL...Oh Flaming how sad r u? Yer flaming someone and yet u can be getting into trouble there. NONE of my posts flame anyone. if you go back the stupid remark is just really saying that its pretty stupid it took that long. Also aawwee poor little lost soul. Try getting out a little more. you really seem like the type who has no life and does nothing but plays games all day long.get over it. quit being childish. Only a child wants to swear all the time. tell others what to do. blah blah blah was actually AIMED at you LoL.
    I edited what I posted because it described acts between your mother and father that are exceptionally gross by most peoples standards.

Big leagues huh? um... yeah ok. I'm sure you have a couple of T-3 lines hooked into your house like PWI does. Your still a Moron. If you had half a brain you'd be asking, what error did they get that caused them to delay starting the servers up. or maybe ask if the memory check showed a bad module, or if a fan or processor showed signs of wear and they took the downtime to replace it. Instead.. you cop an attitude like a whiny assed bytch.

I seriously doubt you have ever ran any server at all except turning on your home computer. Figure that one out genius.

~S
This discussion has been closed.