Daylight Savings Maintenance - COMPLETE

Options
xarfox
xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Greetings Everyone,

It's that time of year, and we're all about to lose an hour of sleep. b:cry

In order to keep everything clean during the time shift, the servers will be coming down briefly at 1:45am Pacific Time.

This server maintenance will be brief, and the servers will be coming back up around 2:15am, which will actually be 3:15am after the time change occurs.

We apologize for the brief downtime, however it must be done in order to ensure that nothing out of order occurs.

We'll be making announcements an hour prior to the downtime in order to inform anyone whom this message does not reach.

UPDATE - Server maintenance is now complete and all servers are being opened now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by xarfox on

Comments

• Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Will this affect the time at which the various event occurs, or will they still happens at the same time as before the time change?

This may be important to specify since not every countries change the time at the same date (and some don't even change their time at all)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • xarfox
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Will this affect the time at which the various event occurs, or will they still happens at the same time as before the time change?

This may be important to specify since not every countries change the time at the same date (and some don't even change their time at all)

All in-game events will continue to be based off of your local time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    All in-game events will continue to be based off of your local time.
    Our local time? You mean the local time where the servers are hosted (i.e. server time)?
  • Allnighte - Lost City
    Allnighte - Lost City Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    *Daylight Saving

Unless the daylight saving is going to possess the maintenance, then it's "Daylight Saving's Maintenance," but "Daylight Saving Maintenance" is probably better since you would say "Christmas Maintenance" and not the possessive form.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    what? I think your english clases possesed you :P
  • Macros - Lost City
    Macros - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Will this affect the time that Territory Wars are at? Usually they are at 3PM for me, will this mean I'll have to wait another hr? Or will the times still be the same as they were for TW / Dragon Palace etc. Saying "based off your local time" for a game that isn't quite local doesn't really make that much sense to me.....
  • nexxous
    nexxous Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    Greetings Everyone,

It's that time of year, and we're all about to lose an hour of sleep...

You sleep?
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    *Daylight Saving

Unless the daylight saving is going to possess the maintenance, then it's "Daylight Saving's Maintenance," but "Daylight Saving Maintenance" is probably better since you would say "Christmas Maintenance" and not the possessive form.

"Daylight Savings" would be correct; it is a proper noun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Will this affect the time that Territory Wars are at? Usually they are at 3PM for me, will this mean I'll have to wait another hr? Or will the times still be the same as they were for TW / Dragon Palace etc. Saying "based off your local time" for a game that isn't quite local doesn't really make that much sense to me.....

That would depend on if Daylight Savings Time affects your area or not, and if the date of the time change coincides identically with your region. In the case of the US where the servers are located, 2am is becoming 3am. If your region's time does not move forward, your TW time will be 1 hour earlier, if your region does in fact change time in the same way, TW will be at the same time for you. The "local time" referred to is Pacific * Time, as of today this will be Pacific Daylight Time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • fs3803j
    fs3803j Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    So the brief downtime will oni last for half an hr? or half an hr plus an hr?
  • benjabob
    benjabob Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    fs3803j wrote: »
    So the brief downtime will oni last for half an hr? or half an hr plus an hr?
    seconded? 1 n a half hours, or just half an hour?
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    benjabob wrote: »
    seconded? 1 n a half hours, or just half an hour?

you guys need reading comprehension lessons. Half an hour!
  • Nicodai - Heavens Tear
    Nicodai - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    In the normative form, daylight saving time uses the present participle saving as an adjective, as in labor saving device; the first two words are sometimes hyphenated, as in daylight-saving time. Daylight savings time, daylight savings, and daylight time are common variants, the savings by analogy to savings account. In other words, its Daylight Saving Time.

Daylight saving time and its variants:

Richard A. Meade (1978). "Language change in this century". English Journal 67 (9): 27–30. doi:10.2307/815124.
    Joseph P. Pickett et al., ed. "daylight-saving time". The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language (4th (2000) ed.). Boston: Houghton Mifflin. ISBN 0-395-82517-2. "variant forms: or daylight-savings time"
    "daylight saving time". Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/daylight+saving+time. Retrieved on 2009-02-13.
  • xarfox
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The maintenance should be roughly 30 minutes.

Perhaps a little under, perhaps a little over. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosa - Harshlands
    Mosa - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    In the normative form, daylight saving time uses the present participle saving as an adjective, as in labor saving device; the first two words are sometimes hyphenated, as in daylight-saving time. Daylight savings time, daylight savings, and daylight time are common variants, the savings by analogy to savings account. In other words, its Daylight Saving Time.
    Daylight saving time and its variants:

Richard A. Meade (1978). "Language change in this century". English Journal 67 (9): 27
    formerly known as mosabi-heaven's tear..

you know that wizard that kicked your **** b:victory..

now I just own wizards at the new servers b:victory
  • Misstaken - Heavens Tear
    Misstaken - Heavens Tear Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Nah just mad I just turned 85 was pimpin my ninetailed firefox out and DING grrrrrrr DIsc boooooooooo So whats everyone up to?
    I used to do drugs, I still do but I used to too.
  • blackcid4
    blackcid4 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Please, can you put GMT-X? It is more more easy that if you write HH:MM in Pacific Hour... pacific Hour... what gmt-X is it? If you put GMT-X it is very easy to change, for example, europe use GMT+1, if you write GMT-5, hour is europe hour - 6, easy, simply, please don't write " Pacific Time" write GMT-X
  • sekmetstouch
    sekmetstouch Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    For those discussing proper Pronouns of the maintence ( though I'm not sure why) It's called Daylight Savings Time---Officially. there enough said there.

As for the in - game events u'll just need to roll with the flow. In other words check at ur area's regular time and if it's not going on then check again an hour later. Easy enough for u now?
  • wikkid86
    wikkid86 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I just woke up 10-15min ago, it's 6AM here right now. I was disconnected from the server then found out there could be possible maintenance going on. Is it still maintenance hour? b:sleep
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    blackcid4 wrote: »
    Please, can you put GMT-X? It is more more easy that if you write HH:MM in Pacific Hour... pacific Hour... what gmt-X is it? If you put GMT-X it is very easy to change, for example, europe use GMT+1, if you write GMT-5, hour is europe hour - 6, easy, simply, please don't write " Pacific Time" write GMT-X

Just as easy to figure out what pacific is in GMT lol. Don't be lazy.
  • blackcid4
    edited March 2009
    Options
    GMT is an international standar, pacific time don't means anything...
  • Chewy - Dreamweaver
    Chewy - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It will for another 10mins i suppose.
  • Heavenfire - Sanctuary
    Heavenfire - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I was handing in the world quest right as i was gettnig disconnected. Will i credit for that since I was disconnected? Last time this happened i didn't get credit for a crazy stone quest i handed in. Please let me know if i need to hand in a trouble ticket. Thanks!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chewy - Dreamweaver
    Chewy - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It should still register.. if it didnt well submit a ticket.
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    blackcid4 wrote: »
    GMT is an international standar, pacific time don't means anything...

If pacific doesn't mean anything, please do tell me why people know when the servers come up or go down b:laugh.
  • blackcid4
    edited March 2009
    Options
    tatakairyu wrote: »
    if Pacific Doesn't Mean Anything, Please Do Tell Me Why People Know When The Servers Come Up Or Go Down B:laugh.

Xdxdxdxdxd
  • EGiFZ - Heavens Tear
    EGiFZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    b:bye
    Hello 30 min "BREAK"
    b:thanks
    BRB in 30 Mins or so!
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sekmetstouch
    sekmetstouch Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    tatakairyu wrote: »
    If pacific doesn't mean anything, please do tell me why people know when the servers come up or go down b:laugh.

Mainly because they see the GM announcement LOL
  • kenelas
    kenelas Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thanks for warning us b:kissb:laughb:chuckle
  • Cahsdaddy - Heavens Tear
    Cahsdaddy - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    is the server still down?
This discussion has been closed.