Dont worry it gets easier

13»

Comments

• Hudini - Heavens Tear
    Hudini - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Will if you pick a mage thinking its gonna be an easy ride your wrong picking a class in this game is like choosing a diffuculty lvl in console game I tried all other class and I mean all but blah what a bore espicially those venos if you enjoy playing a wizard and play veno not for the sole reason of money you will be bored out of youe head...

Bottom line is wizard is the Hardest level in this game some cant handle it and quit some bit through it and then eventually quit and some like me enjoy it to the full extent we maybe gimped but only cuz its the hardness of it true players, pro players and without a doubt the best players are the ones that choose wizard and stick with it all the way..

but you get merked.
  • Nnn - Sanctuary
    Nnn - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NNN-SANCTUARY
  • Leprechaundh - Sanctuary
    Leprechaundh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Will if you pick a mage thinking its gonna be an easy ride your wrong picking a class in this game is like choosing a diffuculty lvl in console game I tried all other class and I mean all but blah what a bore espicially those venos if you enjoy playing a wizard and play veno not for the sole reason of money you will be bored out of youe head...

Bottom line is wizard is the Hardest level in this game some cant handle it and quit some bit through it and then eventually quit and some like me enjoy it to the full extent we maybe gimped but only cuz its the hardness of it true players, pro players and without a doubt the best players are the ones that choose wizard and stick with it all the way..

Precisely, wizard is tough and that makes it awesome. Easy games are boring to me. I like to be challenged, not babied.
  • Mosa - Harshlands
    Mosa - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    eventually you will suffer the same as I did....

<---topic starter (in new form)....
    formerly known as mosabi-heaven's tear..

you know that wizard that kicked your **** b:victory..

now I just own wizards at the new servers b:victory
  • GammaBlast - Lost City
    GammaBlast - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm not sure if this the perfect place to post this question. The subject of comparing Venos to wizards was bought up earlier so i guess its on topic.

Venos suppose to get harder as you level and wizards easier. I have a 70+ veno and i don't notice grinding getting much harder.

Also it was said here and other places that Venos are money maker and Wizards will be poor. I never did any dungeon runs or Twilight Cave thing to make money and money was never a problem. I don't see why my Wizard will have money troubles. What does a wizard need to buy that a Veno does not that cause them to stay poor?

My history is i have a Veno on Lost City and am now tring to build a wizard on Harshlands
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Some wizards zhen. Also, Veno's rarely get hit, so not as much repair/pot costs. And if a veno has a phoenix, no MP charm is needed for them, and the phoenix will kill almost as fast as a wizard while the veno floats in the air.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Zdolnoc - Harshlands
    Zdolnoc - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So I rerolled Zdolnoc on Harshlands as a LA wizard until I get to higher lvls then I'll do a massive reset to full Int for my end game. Of course, unlike Mosabi, I stuck with the Wizard class. I'm already pwning lvling as I started the day that Harshlands opened and made it to lvl 9 in just 2 1/2 hours. Then from lvl 9 to 14 in the quick 1 1/2 hours I played that same day after work. Then from 14 - 19 last night in about 2 hrs time. Now I know everyone says that 1-19 is easy but I plan on keeping with that trend of about 3-5 lvls every night at least until higher lvls where it cuts down to 2-3 lvs a day.

Now that I've been playing for about 6 months it's all too easy to blow through the lower lvls. Too bad I hardly have any time to play with work. b:surrender

But anyhoo, back on topic. Yes it does get easier the higher up you get. Mobs that used to take 5 -6 hits now only take 2-4 depending on their element and any modifiers. Oh and to all those clerics that keep trying to say that they out dmg a wizard...

I did a 27K crit with Stone Rain unbuffed and without spark the other day. How many of you can say the same for plume shot? Wizards FTW!!
  • Leprechaundh - Sanctuary
    Leprechaundh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, wizards also seem to have a bit more AoE than some other classes, but no HP to back them up, but I'm just a lower mid lvl wiz and was wondering if, as I lvl and do more dmg, it will become easier to pull trains solo, or are those spells only useful when in a zhen squad?
  • Zdolnoc - Harshlands
    Zdolnoc - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, wizards also seem to have a bit more AoE than some other classes, but no HP to back them up, but I'm just a lower mid lvl wiz and was wondering if, as I lvl and do more dmg, it will become easier to pull trains solo, or are those spells only useful when in a zhen squad?
    Well all of your ulti atks cost 2 sparks and a large chunk of mana to complete. And the only time you really want to use those atks are when you've got backup to pull some aggro on all the mobs you **** off. Because they may hit hard but they won't one hit mobs your lvl or even 5 lvls below you. I only use BT and BID whenever I'm on FB runs. One of the high lvl BMs or barbs will pull aggro on all the mobs in one of the larger rooms then we'll both use our aoe atks to drop them all at once. I'm sure once I make it to 70 with my wizzy on Sanctuary that he'll be able to one hit the entire group.

Just know that the tradeoff for having more aoe atks is that they take forever to cast and you pull aggro on every mob that survives it. So don't think it gives you a greater advantage over other classes.

As to Zhen squads... idk cause I've never done a Zhen squad. Plus I think no one wants Wizards on Zhen squads, or at least I've never been invited and I've offered to join.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    As to Zhen squads... idk cause I've never done a Zhen squad. Plus I think no one wants Wizards on Zhen squads, or at least I've never been invited and I've offered to join.

Lol without a wizard there is no zhen squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosa - Harshlands
    Mosa - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Lol without a wizard there is no zhen squad.

true but archers do more damage with their aoe in zhen squads but the trick is to stand far so you dont get halfed in the damage..

and in more than one zhen squad I was kicked out for an archer to join b:cry

And the reason why I keep coming back to the wizard forum?

It just feels like home you know I will always be a wizard no matter what its just that I want to own for a change..
    formerly known as mosabi-heaven's tear..

you know that wizard that kicked your **** b:victory..

now I just own wizards at the new servers b:victory
  • Jammmy - Heavens Tear
    Jammmy - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Wizard is just a skill class u got to be skilled to play it one mess up ur basickly dead u dont get less squishy till 90x if ur smart with ur gear and saying it costs to much is just being lazy grind the money foos
    Jammmy will eat chu babysb:victory
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    true but archers do more damage with their aoe in zhen squads but the trick is to stand far so you dont get halfed in the damage..

and in more than one zhen squad I was kicked out for an archer to join b:cry

And the reason why I keep coming back to the wizard forum?

It just feels like home you know I will always be a wizard no matter what its just that I want to own for a change..

In my experience.
    Zhen is not the best way to gain XP or coin. Its simply the easiest without effort method. Because of the difficulty and expense of getting archers barrage setup, it is infrequent that more than 1 archer will be in a zhen. After an archer raises thier barrage from level 1 it is extremely rare due to the increased expense of an hour of barrage. As character levels increase pressure to TW will force most archers to make this change making it extremely unlikely for anyone but a wiz\cleric combo to zhen.

I've heard that for archers to raise thier level above 90 that zhen again becomes useful to them. I'm stunned at the idea of paying for the charms for higher than lev 1 barrage though so this seems impractical.