Dont worry it gets easier

Mosabi - Heavens Tear
Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Wizard
From personal experience I have found that wizards at a lower lvls seem to have the hardest time to lvl get money and pve or pvp respectively but as an advice to all starter wizards out there dont worry..

as you will notice that as you lvl and everyone else lvls with you they will say that the game gets harder and stuff but after 60 you will feel that the game gets easier and easier to the point where I aggro 3-5 mobs in the swamp on me and kill them all while BMs say they have a hard time killing 2 together so I personally cant wait to get to 70 and 80 and just see how easy it will get there ..

so if you are furstraited about your wizard I tell you relax I was too but I grinded my teeth and now I fell much more comfortable than I was its a great class a bit easy from lvl 1-20 and a bit bish **** hard from lvl 21-58 then the diagram of hardnees start to go down fast now am 68 and fell like am the best class out there and yes even clerics think its hard from 60 and venos get sh1tty more and more after 60..

just pick up the pace work hard and you will seeb:pleased
Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
Post edited by Mosabi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    How is the grinding later on ? I'm level 45 (and started grinding around level 41-42) and I'm tired of it. I hate grinding for days and days in a row. I like to do it once in a while but otherwise I want to level with quests, fb, aoe, etc. Right now I'm stuck doing Crazy Stone every day for ~20% exp and quests give me barely 15-25% of my level. Is it getting better or worst later on ?

Also is it different for other classes or is it all the same?

- Amy
  • AlpineFrost - Lost City
    AlpineFrost - Lost City Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Amy,

EVERYONE gets stuck grinding, and EVERYONE hates it lol! and it doesnt get any easier :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    How is the grinding later on ? I'm level 45 (and started grinding around level 41-42) and I'm tired of it. I hate grinding for days and days in a row. I like to do it once in a while but otherwise I want to level with quests, fb, aoe, etc. Right now I'm stuck doing Crazy Stone every day for ~20% exp and quests give me barely 15-25% of my level. Is it getting better or worst later on ?

Also is it different for other classes or is it all the same?

- Amy

Amy exp grinding wise everyone gets the same exp and with the same exp% to lvl but the means to get it differ from one class to the next and after lvl 60 if you have the money zhen your **** off cuz quests only give me about 3-4% of my lvl's exp but its a bit costly like 5$ per zhen and 500k per zhen..

grinding gets easier at higher lvls my favourit grinding spot is at water mobs lvl 74 so yeah it gets easier.
    Is Back once more.

• RedSpeller - Sanctuary
    RedSpeller - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Just a question, what's your build?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    am a full int(mag) mage and I have 30 on vit just to push my hp to the point that if I am so close to dying its only like 120 or something thats whats the extra 300hp come in handy other than that just go full mag thats what I think anyways.
    Is Back once more.

• RedSpeller - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Ok, thanks for sharing your experience. I'll go full int :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Ok, thanks for sharing your experience. I'll go full int :)

glad to be of help although I in no way claim to have the best stats cuz I didnt try them all.
    Is Back once more.

• RedSpeller - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    I was wondering about switching to LA build because of the begin of the hard periode for my char, but lots of higher level than me said that its getting easer when you reach 60+, specialy when you get sutra and other 59 aoe skills.

In fact I love to deal lots of damage and I wont pvp until 69, so pure is better for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilentToy - Lost City
    SilentToy - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I don't see the point in this topic.
  • Xerela - Heavens Tear
    Xerela - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Is that an attempt to belittle it? Considering the point of the topic is written all over it I can only assume you have an issue with people trying to rally others on or you yourself don't deem it nescessasry since you think the ability of wizards should be obvious to all.

However in case you really just can't get the point here it is:

To all newbie wizards do not despair at what others may say about your choice to play wizard. As you get more powerful your experience will get more rewarding.

If you don't get that its no use explaining.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Amy,

EVERYONE gets stuck grinding, and EVERYONE hates it lol! and it doesnt get any easier :P

Everyone gets stuck grinding or doing something other than grinding.

(I did part of level 42 and 43 doing one man army quests, and I spent part of level 54 grind for some drops. But I usually do not grind.)
  • Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'm sorry but the opening poster of this thread is a pathetically low level.

I'm glad that you want to install false hope in other wizards but you are a low level telling other low levels it gets easier as you go.

Look at my icon. I am level 89.

It doesn't get easier. Wizard is gimp. Period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
  • Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    My question about grinding / class was more like "Does wizard have a easier time grinding than barbarian", for exemple.

Also I have no clue about Zhening, even if everyone talks about it. No one really explains. "Zhening is zhening" lol.

- Amy
  • spirea
    spirea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It does get easier.... for other classes to kill you.
    Level1-29 : no pvp, pve is average
    30-39 : low lv pvp, nothing to say, pve above average
    40-59 : first hit = win usually, pve average
    60-69 : wizards are above average at pvp here, average pve
    70-79 : below average pvp, below average pve
    80-89 : way below average pvp, below average pve
    90-99+ : way below average pvp, way below average pve.

Ok so yea.... no wizards suck at pvp 70+
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    Biggyluv - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    spirea wrote: »
    It does get easier.... for other classes to kill you.
    Level1-29 : no pvp, pve is average
    30-39 : low lv pvp, nothing to say, pve above average
    40-59 : first hit = win usually, pve average
    60-69 : wizards are above average at pvp here, average pve
    70-79 : below average pvp, below average pve
    80-89 : way below average pvp, below average pve
    90-99+ : way below average pvp, way below average pve.

Ok so yea.... no wizards suck at pvp 70+

I agree Spirea, only way I see my char any where near average is if I make all my gear +12. No one else in the game has to do that to make their chars usefull why do we?
  • complexx
    complexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Eylane (Dunno the spelling), Haiz, Mystic, dddddFunLOL, They all have +12 gear?

Seriously, I've seen all those mages hit insane #'s of damage on players.

You guys are a glass cannon.
    b:cute

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Pandora STFU your lvl only tells how much of a noob you are continuing in a class you hate at lvl 89 me I find myself only getting better and better its not really my fault you suck now is it?? b:chuckle
    Is Back once more.

• Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    and btw I didnt in anyway say am a high lvl now did I and my topic has absluotly in no way need a "high" lvl conformation now is it?

I just simply stated my experince thats all.
    Is Back once more.

• Kikuzakura - Sanctuary
    Kikuzakura - Sanctuary Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If you are really low level (like me) you should not have serious problems. I was able to do snake hunt non-stop without meditating and without taking any serious injuries. I used maybe a half dozen mana potions though.

I have a theory about how I would progress, but I am just an alternate character so I may not test my theory any time soon.

But my theory about how I will grind goes like this: I will get lots of unleveled skills, to keep my mana costs down (and, thus, minimize my time spent resting), and I will fight down level opponents to keep my risk down.

Fighting down-level opponents will make each opponent easier which should help compensate for my lower experience per opponent ratio.
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    unlvled skills = more hits until death = about the same mana consopmtion.
    Is Back once more.

• Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    60-69 : wizards are above average at pvp here
    ????

BMs stunlock you if you let them get close, though they're killable. Barbs = lol don't bother unless they aren't fighting back and you can sutra, archers = suicide, veno's with robe = suicide especially if they have a phoenix. I don't see how wizards are above average if they fail to 1v1 4/5 other classes.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    yeah BMs get easier as you go along and I find archers to be the easiest class to pk or pvp really just wait till they get thier shield up then silence, blink to half an inch infront of them and use will of the phoenix then sutra your 3 major skills thats the combo I use and I rarely lose.
    Is Back once more.

• VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ????

BMs stunlock you if you let them get close, though they're killable. Barbs = lol don't bother unless they aren't fighting back and you can sutra, archers = suicide, veno's with robe = suicide especially if they have a phoenix. I don't see how wizards are above average if they fail to 1v1 4/5 other classes.

I don't know, I would agree with decent. I found the number of people wearing charms low 60s was a lot lower then high 60s and up. If so, Robes are a one hit with BT. Thats other wizzies, most Venos and Clerics at this point. BM's are 2 or 3 hit. Drop a dragon on there head, sandstorm and get a gush in before they stun you, time a FoW or distance shrink right and they won't. Barbs with a little kiting a few more, maybe not if you hit hard enough. Archers i was a complete failbot, still am except for the occasional fight in tw when i use some Apoth pots and all

I'd also say decent cause half the time also people don't know what they are doing which makes killing easier. I know i tried 30 different approaches in those levels and many failed, many didn't. And many times you sat there and said, why didn't that guy just do so and so i would of been dead. For solo PvP i'd say my success rate was much better in the 60s then now, though maybe if i had any money to level up some skill this would be different QQ
    b:bye
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Wizards fail, their survial rate is utterly pathetic a FAC cleric "slightly" out damages them anyway with demons spirits gift.
    Clerics can solo anything because we have powerful heals
    Barbs bms venos all classes are better at pvp/pve than mages.
    Mages don't get stronger a lvl 74 mage with pure Int build can't 1hit mobs you just get walked over by others inculding mobs the only thing a mage can take advantage of is a weakness or sac assault mob nothing else
    yah I can glady admit I walk over lvl 65 mages simpily
    chromatic seal - spark - plume plume
    I think mages are unrated in this game if you can't kill a mage you absolutely suck now
    I do admit that ice dragon skill (mages strongest spell i think) IS EPICCCC
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Mystic STFU you me in secret passage 30 minutes **** hole.

god dont you just hate this stupid cleric crashing the mages fourm trying to bring us down lol.

he just looks so pethatic dont you agree??
    Is Back once more.

• Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lol, I speak truth
    Mosabi you couldn't hurt a fly HA! now I admit.. maybe as a lvl 68 nub you could possible beat me but when a cleric does a 22k crit on you with plume then you can talk b:pleased
    you want me?
    In secret passage?
    Alone?
    b:shocked
    you want my **** hole
    you are a mage to be feared but not for your power
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • spirea
    spirea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lol, I speak truth
    Mosabi you couldn't hurt a fly HA! now I admit.. maybe as a lvl 68 nub you could possible beat me but when a cleric does a 22k crit on you with plume then you can talk b:pleased
    you want me?
    In secret passage?
    Alone?
    you want my **** hole
    you are a mage to be feared but not for your power

lol 22k plume
    lol heavens tear
    lol noob alert -_-
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    lol 22k plume
    lol heavens tear
    lol noob alert -_-

aint that the truth lol
    Is Back once more.

• Kikuzakura - Sanctuary
    Kikuzakura - Sanctuary Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    unlvled skills = more hits until death = about the same mana consopmtion.

I sort of agree with you, but I feel that this will vary from skill to skill, and from monster to monster.

For example, my level 1 pyrogram costs me 6 mana and does 55% of my magical attack. A level 2 pyrogram costs me 21 mana and does 60% of my magical attack. In the long run that would be a 9% improvement in my damage for a 250% increase in cost. Of course, I also get a slight range improvement (21.4m instead of 20.4m) and a major increase in bonus damage (138 damage instead of 37.7), but that bonus damage will only help me in my easy early levels. I will probably be saving pyrogram for finishing off monsters that have only a small sliver of health left.

Gush works similarly, though with slightly different numbers and some slight improvements in my ability to slow monsters. So I will probably be leveling gush, occasionally, when my mp recovery can stand my doing so.

Anyways, I am going to have to put some careful thought into how I proceed, but I expect that I will have some good options.
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    if you keep stating your mag(int) you should have no proplem what so ever in the increase of mana consomption and believe me lvling your skills is important as lvling your self and lvling your gear (getting better ones).

I do admit mana is a **** at your lvl to keep but as I sayed from the start of this thread it only gets easier.
    Is Back once more.