EVENT: GM Cocktail Hour, Friday, March 6!

2»

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I was on two servers, and dueled people (good fights you all!), embraced people, took people up high for base jumping, asked questions, recommended players who answered questions correctly for free gear to be sent to them!

We GMs had fun! You all are AWESOME!!! b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    yeah, random questions like "If you could be anywhere in the world, what color would you be?" WTF is that supposed to mean
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • ifura
    ifura Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Nothing happened that was supposed to. It started late, nothing new was shown off, the questions asked were random and had no significance to the game, and no prizes were given out for positive attitude.. I wasted 2 hours there and could have leveled but wanted to see the new mounts to see what I needed to work for.

..thanks gms I'd like my level now for 2 hours of grinding that was stolen from me.

Was hoping for so much and was quickly disappointed..I know I'm new to PW but this doesn't set a good base for the public view of the gms.
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    while I wouldn't have gained a lvl grinding or anything, I do have to agree.. they announced at 4:45PST that the event was going to start in 15 mins, and as of 5:30PST it still hadn't started.. no new mounts were shown, no new flyers, no prizes that we're aware of, and questions such as "if you could be anywhere in the world, what color would you be?" what's that supposed to mean?

can we at least see pictures or something of the new mounts that were SUPPOSED to be shown during the meet and greet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Was fun. Sadly I was stuck in FB59 w/o Teles so by the time I was able to get out, it was over. Did get to poke a bit of fun at the GM's though with a little help from a friend.

Now.. where is my Adobe Photoshop.... some Sigs are in order... hmm.... Kantorek (looks for chicken images)... Darthpanda (looks for one eared panda images).................. hmmmmm Dvorak (looks for a better image to use than the one I did have)........ hmmmmmmm.....

AH HAH! There it is..... Muhahahahahahahahahahaha

~Saitada
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Was fun. Sadly I was stuck in FB59 w/o Teles so by the time I was able to get out, it was over. Did get to poke a bit of fun at the GM's though with a little help from a friend.

Now.. where is my Adobe Photoshop.... some Sigs are in order... hmm.... Kantorek (looks for chicken images)... Darthpanda (looks for one eared panda images).................. hmmmmm Dvorak (looks for a better image to use than the one I did have)........ hmmmmmmm.....

AH HAH! There it is..... Muhahahahahahahahahahaha

~Saitada

I was wondering why you were so quiet.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Here's a preview of one of the many screenies I took on the Dreamweaver event.

There will be more in the screenshot forum or if there's an official thread elsewhere. b:victory
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • idria
    idria Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Oy! I had fun :)

Never been to one of those. Probably many people haven't. So "we" haven't seen it all before.

Thoroughly enjoyed getting my butt stomped into the mud b:beatenup b:laugh

And ... Xarfox likes bamboo!

Or so I've heard b:quiet
  • dragnbabe
    dragnbabe Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    WELL that was fun! i didn't see any of the dueling or anything, but just running around with the GM's was fun. i got to talking with one of the gm's and all in all it was a barrel of monkey's worth of fun.
    :)
    (word of the day...fun)
    b:laugh till next time!
    -dragnbaby
  • KattYos - Sanctuary
    KattYos - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So did anyone get anything?
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The dreamweaver was much better than the Heavens Tear one IMO....I got owned by most of the GMs there but only managed to screenshoot 3 of my humiliating defeats. :P

Images picked, cropped, saved as jpeg, etc and uploaded.....I'm just waiting for any other threads to be made first rather then make another so we don't have too many threads of screenshots.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • KattYos - Sanctuary
    KattYos - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well i'm in sanctuary, i only took one scrennie of my phoenix tryin to kill grim but didnt win :(
  • The_Forgoten - Lost City
    The_Forgoten - Lost City Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    OMG that was SO BORING. All it was was a bunch of people following Ironman around. (no offense, you are still my fav GM) It was fun when he PKed ppl tho. THAT WAS AWESOME.
  • Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    sooo.. i saw the Barb flying mount..

anyone see the BM mount? and if they did which is it from ecatomb.net ?
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So let me just be the first to ask... what was displayed? What was shown off? Were there any announcements about what will be coming and when?

I'm sorry to be the one playing devil's advocate here, and I really do appreciate how much effort the GMs put into engaging the community. But let me put it this way: when I arrived it was already the ball of lag I expected it to be (even with my settings turned to minimum). The first GM I saw was Shindra. I waited patiently on the ground like we were asked... then when I finally managed to target Shindra, I saw that she was a Veno. And sure enough, she summoned the two-headed wyrm mount first.

I had to cry foul at this - this is the same stuff we saw last time! I have a pretty good pic of Kantorek on that same mount from the January event, for crying out loud. But I gave them the benefit of the doubt, and when I first saw the message to field questions, I sent (first to Darthpanda, then to FrankieRaye) the message: "will we see some of the other races' gear? we saw untamed stuff last time!" No answer was ever given, that I saw. All I saw was a response to the question "will humans and elves get new gear also," which was "this is a 100% yes." I immediately PMed Frankie asking which ones, to no avail.

But again, I gave them the benefit of the doubt. I figured maybe a non-Untamed GM would show up and show off the other races' stuff. So what do they do? They plug Ether Saga. Okay, I thought... obviously if I wanted to play ES, I'd be there instead of here, but PWE has the right to plug their other game. Then the GMs started using what I can only assume was their sense of humor by summoning a large number of gigantic greenish Oddfoots onto the already lag-tortured island. These died quickly, and aside from the fact that they were all named "CUTE" (presumably to emphasize the point that ES has cuteness leaking out of its pores), I thought it was novel enough to chuckle at.

Then the bosses started spawning.

Throm, Rend Razorjaw, and Poisontail Occultist all made appearances at the party. Multiple appearances, often several at a time. You can probably imagine how this affected the lag, considering that with all the people on the island, these lv20-something bosses died within seconds (with spectacular explosions) and were quickly replaced with more. Oh, and they had funny names too... such as "SCAMMER" and "BOTTER." Har har. XD

About that time I flew away a little ways and watched the party from a distance, as I put my laptop aside and started working on another project. For the next 15 minutes or so I would steal another look at the screen every so often. Yep, a big ball of lag. Yep, there are more bosses. Yep, Shindra's still on that wyrm. After awhile I just logged out right there.

I'm going to give the GMs a few suggestions. Maybe they'll actually listen, because as I said they at least seem to care about us (and again I really do appreciate the effort):

1. Why do we need to see the same gear every time? Yes, I was only there for 20 minutes or so, but in that 20 minutes all I saw was the two-headed wyrm. I have no idea if they even showed other races' gear or not, but if they did, they could've at least started with another race this time. Basically all I saw was a carbon-copy of January with a bunch of bosses thrown in. Which brings me to my second point...

2. Could you try to make some kind of effort to reduce the lag? I'm sorry, "turn down your settings" is not a solution. You guys have done smart events before that didn't turn into a ball of lag - the fashion hunt comes to mind. At the very least, don't start throwing bosses into the mix.

One idea to solve problems 1&2 would be to have a GM of each race hold the event in their respective capital city, to show off that race's gear. This would reduce the lag to a third of its original value and still allow the GMs to do whatever else they felt like doing (e.g. Q&A sessions). There were clearly 3 or more GMs involved in this event, so why you had to cluster everybody at Pierced Heart and only show off Untamed gear (at the beginning, anyway) is beyond me.

3. Take a better approach to reducing the chaos. Y'know how a daycare center works, when you try entice the kids you're working with to settle down by promising them candy or whatnot? Well it doesn't work if you let the chaos continue and then give them the candy anyway. I saw many GM messages pleading everyone to get off their mounts and out of the air. Why? Why not just say "hey, we need everyone to settle down or we won't show off the stuff?" Most people would settle down if they heard that, and the few who thought they would try to ruin everyone's fun by staying in the air anyway could be selectively kicked by the GMs.

4. Don't lose your audience by playing around. I can't be the only one who left shaking their head at the spectacle after 15 minutes of patiently waiting. You advertised new flying gear, a Q&A session, duels, and possibly prizes. This is what people came for. If you want to summon bosses and call them "BOTTER"s for fun, go for it - just show us what we came for first.

5. Finally... would it kill you guys to answer questions that are relevant? I dunno if you have some restrictions, that you can't answer certain questions or whatever, but I don't see why it's impossible to answer a question about certain types of gear. I, for one, am dying to know if Hallucinatory Mist and the Ninth Tail Wolf will be released this year. Suprise, I'm no closer to having these answers now than I was 24 hours ago. My apologies if you're not at liberty to say these things, but you have to realize people come more for info on the gear than to know what Kantorek's favorite color is... and why not indulge them?? This kind of gear is how PWI makes money anyway, right?

...I'm done ranting now. -_- Sorry.

So, yeah. Did anybody see anything new? Any new aerogear for Humans and Elves? Maybe one of the two things I mentioned in suggestion #5? ...please?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Here's a preview of one of the many screenies I took on the Dreamweaver event.

There will be more in the screenshot forum or if there's an official thread elsewhere. b:victory

Can't decide what's more hilarious. Drazo as a Veno, or the fact that I'm carrying Drazo! b:chuckle

Post more pics of the event please!
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • ifura
    ifura Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Anyone have any shots of the new stuff. Only been playing for close to two weeks and my first event was horrible.. Was hoping for so much more and all we got was a mob clustered around the gm.
  • Monochrom - Sanctuary
    Monochrom - Sanctuary Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Alright, one more pic ^^ I had to lol at this.
    http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/3561/20090307022916.jpg

Edit : From the new Flying Mounts I saw a GM with Hallucinatory Mist and Phoenix's Embrace, you can watch them here http://www.ecatomb.net/flight-e.php

Oh and by the way, I want this weapon too x_x
    http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/553/htrhtrth.jpg
  • Skylark - Heavens Tear
    Skylark - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well, I thought meet and greet was a great social event for Perfect World..and despite the lag and choas, I caught a few pictures of our favorite Panda Bear GM in some funny moments...

See the the link here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=213892
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Teach me half the gladness that thy brain must know;
    Such harmonious madness from my lips would flow,
    The world should listen then...as I am listening now.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I saw a GM with Hallucinatory Mist
    Do you have a screenshot of this? Or can anyone else confirm that this gear was shown at the event?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).