Is this abuse? GMs take a look please :|?

Options
Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTBB6kWJQJo

It was severely annoying being KSed by this air glitching phoenix. So I stopped to record her and her annoying prescence >.> YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN FRAPS ISWATCHING D:<

so is this illegal >.>?
Post edited by Tearvalerin - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Attacking Gouf, Kimsa, and Quillhog in the same manner is illegal. I don't see why this wouldn't be. Especially since she obviously seems like she knows they're not attacking back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yes, that's illegal. Please send a ticket to customer support, make sure to include that video.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    This is quite illegal. Make sure the GMs know about this.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The video is slightly too large for their sending capacity, what shall I do?
  • andracil
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Include the url.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Take a frame of the video, or a screenshot of it in bigger format, to include the person's name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTBB6kWJQJo

It was severely annoying being KSed by this air glitching phoenix. So I stopped to record her and her annoying prescence >.> YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN FRAPS ISWATCHING D:<

so is this illegal >.>?
    Fraps is your friend. I run it all the time. lol

~Saitada
  • andracil
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Just remember fraps videos are huge and will overload your comp in no time >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The_Forgoten - Lost City
    The_Forgoten - Lost City Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I dont get it. What did the veno do?
    .....Maybe this is why I will never play one.
  • andracil
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Glitched the monster so it couldn't attack back. Don't try it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I think you guys need to watch it again. The first one is glitched whether or not it was on purpose we cant really tell. Remember nixs have stun and things dont fight back when stunned, And the second one clearly isnt glitched since its fighting back. Sorry to say but the part of the video you shown isnt conclusive. Im not defending who ever it is, just saying looking at the video you cant tell it was on purpose or not or whether the creature was stunned or not. With that said you need a third option on your poll.

If it turns out that it was done on purpose then I hope she gets perma ban as that is what it deserves.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    andracil wrote: »
    Just remember fraps videos are huge and will overload your comp in no time >_>
    I have a high end game system. I can record for 25 minutes at a stretch w/o any lag at all or even running into system degradation and it all goes to one of my USB terrabyte backup drives.

I usually trigger it off and on every 20-25 minutes or so to start the next recording series. Then I weed through them and delete the ones that don't have anything interesting to save.

~S
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I think you guys need to watch it again. The first one is glitched whether or not it was on purpose we cant really tell. Remember nixs have stun and things dont fight back when stunned, And the second one clearly isnt glitched since its fighting back. Sorry to say but the part of the video you shown isnt conclusive. Im not defending who ever it is, just saying looking at the video you cant tell it was on purpose or not or whether the creature was stunned or not. With that said you need a third option on your poll.

If it turns out that it was done on purpose then I hope she gets perma ban as that is what it deserves.
    First one is glitched. Nix didn't trigger stun, the effect is very large and easily seen. Second one does appear to be fighting back.

~S
  • Mosa - Harshlands
    Mosa - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    maybe the glitch that it IS fighting back b:chuckle
    formerly known as mosabi-heaven's tear..

you know that wizard that kicked your **** b:victory..

now I just own wizards at the new servers b:victory
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    First one is glitched, but the second one is fighting back. Can't say if it was on purpose from the short amount of footage. The person seems to be killing quickly, so potentially didnt even notice it was glitched.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    First one is glitched, but the second one is fighting back. Can't say if it was on purpose from the short amount of footage. The person seems to be killing quickly, so potentially didnt even notice it was glitched.

I kill things faster than that and I notice when I end up triggering that bug. I pull back my pet so the monster attacks again.
    Main characters
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    andracil wrote: »
    Yes, that's illegal. Please send a ticket to customer support, make sure to include that video.

Learn your game, Mod.

The first one may have been glitched by accident.

The second one is not glitched at all.

Instead of banning people for maybe using a bug accidentally, why don't you fix your game's bugs? Thus bug has been on for YEARS!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Learn your game, Mod.

The first one may have been glitched by accident.

The second one is not glitched at all.

Instead of banning people for maybe using a bug accidentally, why don't you fix your game's bugs? Thus bug has been on for YEARS!

How about leave the bugs there so they can ban anyone who would use them?! That gets rid of the players they don't want in the game anyway.
    Main characters
  • andracil
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Mods can't fix bugs.
    Also, I'm a rather busy person. Excuse me if I miss some things in videos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • koukou
    koukou Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    How about leave the bugs there so they can ban anyone who would use them?! That gets rid of the players they don't want in the game anyway.

It's true that this bugs exists since a long time.

If the developpers have not fixed it since then, I don't call it a bug anymore, I call it a game feature.
  • Kiralia - Sanctuary
    Kiralia - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Not all players read the forum, and even those who do may not all have seen a thread about this glitch. Permabanning players for using it i would see as an unfair thing to do since there is no warning anywhere about it and may be seen as just 'the way things are'. Many game have little tricks like this which are allowed just fine. If its not then the devs fix it.

Glitches should be fixed, not just ignored and users banned on the assumption that they know its not what you want them to do.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Not all players read the forum, and even those who do may not all have seen a thread about this glitch. Permabanning players for using it i would see as an unfair thing to do since there is no warning anywhere about it and may be seen as just 'the way things are'.

They are not permabanning botters.

Are they really permabanning venos for using this "game feature" ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Kiralia - Sanctuary
    Kiralia - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Not sure, my permaban comment was really sparked by this:-
  • luxverde
    luxverde Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Just came across this thread and I was wondering...why is that illegal? The player seems to be sending his/her pet to attack mobs and is safe from harm, As I can tell the player seems to be a Venomancer and isn't one of their skills making pets attack?. I have flown as my Winged elf archer and killed many mobs without them touching me, is what I did illegal? Seems to me the problem lies within the pet control system (something developers should handle).
    Don't just go condemning that players actions because their method was unorthodox. Like I saw another write...if it's not wanted take it out. Leaving it in is just asking for trouble, especially if it has been around as long as its been said.

I'm not familiar with all the rules, but looks to me that player found a Venomancer loophole.
    Just my opinion :)
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    maybe the veno just didn't notice. i frequently send pet to attack something then talk with a friend or something.

yeah im afraid to 1 shot mobs while im flying over the lvl 20's zone now...
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Not sure, my permaban comment was really sparked by this:-

And my comment was dead on. If it is found out they were intentionally glitching the game then they should be perma banned. That goes for any and all glitches. Which is against the ToS.

No where did I say it shouldnt be fixed. It should be fixed. It is a glitch/bug. However many have to realize that this game is also a transition of the chinese version.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    luxverde wrote: »
    Just came across this thread and I was wondering...why is that illegal? The player seems to be sending his/her pet to attack mobs and is safe from harm, As I can tell the player seems to be a Venomancer and isn't one of their skills making pets attack?. I have flown as my Winged elf archer and killed many mobs without them touching me, is what I did illegal? Seems to me the problem lies within the pet control system (something developers should handle).
    Don't just go condemning that players actions because their method was unorthodox. Like I saw another write...if it's not wanted take it out. Leaving it in is just asking for trouble, especially if it has been around as long as its been said.

I'm not familiar with all the rules, but looks to me that player found a Venomancer loophole.
    Just my opinion :)

The glitch everybody talks about here is =

The veno sends his pet from on top of the mob, so the mobs dont fight back
    Mob wont fight back = glitch
    Mob fights back = the way the game is meant to work
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    What seriously pissed me off is the **** was KSing me doing it, as if it was a bot controlling the pet to just go auto attack and kill whatever it found on the map.

The ksing led the mobs my golem was tanking to remain stagnant as if the bird wasnt there at all

even if it was an accident, its still pathetic. Relying on it to just kill like that >.>
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Should not be punished,i've had this happen to me before when i've fought from the air against ground mobs,only rare cases don't fight back most of them will...seriously this is bs if you will get a ban from an accidental glitching of a single normal mob.

Better yet one of you go do it and you'll see over 90pc of the mobs in 100 fights will fight back in the same area ):
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Heaven forbid that some of you ever sit on a jury.

The couple of mobs killed in the video do not provide enough evidence to confidently prove the accusation. Therefore we have to assume innocence until further proof of guilt is provided.

I assume that the thread-starter witnessed further activity that consolidated his/her view of the veno's guilt. It's a shame that more footage wasn't taken as we can not, and should not, use hearsay as evidence.
This discussion has been closed.