Do you like razor feathers?

Comments

• Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yeah forp you tell her I mean according to forp dismal stacks over 700 per second on a cleric lmao
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yeah forp you tell her I mean according to forp dismal stacks over 700 per second on a cleric lmao

please, quote where i said that.
    edited March 2009
    -.- when I said a level 40 cleric can solo dismal and you were saying the poison would stack 700dmg and out do the ironheart dude.. this just shows you talk **** for no reason.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    -.- when I said a level 40 cleric can solo dismal and you were saying the poison would stack 700dmg and out do the ironheart dude.. this just shows you talk **** for no reason.

please, go quote it.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    please, go quote it.

you already did -.-
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    where? and, out of curiosity(12 mobs poisoning at once would stack over 1k in a second), how?

The orchid petali (72) were the ones I got my AoE grind start on. They are right outside of that village of lost south of sanctuary. The damage stacks to 1200 quite often, which is why you use ironheart and purify. Wish I had my pics of when I did that, but those are on my other comp about 7500 miles away right now. Was beautiful when you start out and every one of them has a drop or two :)

12 was when I was using my crafted armor with health gem sockets. Had about 1600 health I believe since I was full int. With all the resists from my armor, the damage wasn't too bad. Main thing is when you use the skills. I had to equip guardian angels and die quite often to get down the order of skills, when to use them, when to change them, and all of this is based off of how many I tank. This is only needed when you want to push towards the maximum amount of kills, lesser amounts don't require as much skill.

Usually once I grabbed all the ones I wanted, I would land and cast about 3 Ironhearts in a row, sometimes 2 while trying to group them up as they come towards me. Depends how spread they are and how recently I cast my last heal. Then purge, tempest, purge, heal, heal, razor, purge, heal, etc.

Sounds like some of your confusion is off of what health really does for you. Health only helps you against highest spike damage. That's it. It does not help you live through dps or anything else in AoE grinding. As long as one of the spikes that hits every 3 secs does not exceed your health, that is all that matters.

Everything else is completely dependent on their damage. Full int mages will often be able to take on more, simply because they can heal more. Usually the heal difference isn't too noticeable, but when you have at least 3-4 ironhearts going constantly, the difference can add another 4 mobs you can safely tank through. You only need to survive until the next purify. After that the heals will over-heal you to max until the next time the poison stack raises.

The other thing is gear. With full int, you want more health to increase the max spike you can take. The healing per second is already taken care of. For this I had +9 vit neckalce, rank 3 pants, belt from mantavip quest, 3 socketed helm with +40hp, and other gear focused towards health boosting. Once I got the rank pants, and fully sharded my gear, I was around 2000 health. This is when I was able to safely take on 18 at a time. This is because sometimes I would grab 1 or 2 extra, or have 3 sac assault petali on the bad pulls. This is why I loved my Tempest, it would kill the sac assault mobs in 1 hit, and let me spend a bit focusing on just healing.

Most I killed was 22, and I was under 20 health on one of the spikes. 23 I never managed to survive though. All total it cost me around 13 angels to test, and 5 more because I would answer replies when I thought I had time to do so. When you do this type of grinding, do not type to anyone. Feel free to vent chat, but do not take your focus off your skills. You do, and you die. Because those poison stacks will hit very hard if you hesitate even half a second. Because each one of my purges goes off right before the poison stack would hit and kill me. Might be thanks to the -6% channeling I had that affected 4 skills, not sure and didn't care to test.

EDIT: FYI, if you use all elemental resist gear, and full buffs, the petali only did 30 poison dmg every 3 secs against my lvl 70 cleric. I made sure to have secondary gear for when I grind magic mobs. And 3 poison stacks would be running before my Purge would hit. So 90 dmg per mob is roughly what you plan on, with a guarantee of at least 1 increased attack or sac assault in there. It's why I tried to stick to 18, though at 73-75 I did runs of 19 or 20 to not waste kills for one man army.
  • Kikuzakura - Sanctuary
    Kikuzakura - Sanctuary Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2009
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    The orchid petali (72) were the ones I got my AoE grind start on. They are right outside of that village of lost south of sanctuary. The damage stacks to 1200 quite often, which is why you use ironheart and purify. Wish I had my pics of when I did that, but those are on my other comp about 7500 miles away right now. Was beautiful when you start out and every one of them has a drop or two :)
    there is no spawn, anywhere, near city of the lost with 12 orchid petali. i've looked. screens of it please? i can find one spot with maybe 8 max, but they're too far spread to gather them all.
    12 was when I was using my crafted armor with health gem sockets. Had about 1600 health I believe since I was full int. With all the resists from my armor, the damage wasn't too bad. Main thing is when you use the skills. I had to equip guardian angels and die quite often to get down the order of skills, when to use them, when to change them, and all of this is based off of how many I tank. This is only needed when you want to push towards the maximum amount of kills, lesser amounts don't require as much skill.
    all of my armor has at least 2 level 5 hp gems, some has 3. i have 2,200~ hp. i can safely say that 12 mobs poisoning me at once would kill me in a matter of seconds. i can do 8, that's it. at 8, when they all finish their poison for that wave, is hitting no less than 500, and they hit fast. i wear hh70 armor. that's a lot of damage through over 7k res. 12 would hit you, assuming your little crafted armor was just cosmos armor, dealing at least 800 at the end of the wave.
    Usually once I grabbed all the ones I wanted, I would land and cast about 3 Ironhearts in a row, sometimes 2 while trying to group them up as they come towards me. Depends how spread they are and how recently I cast my last heal. Then purge, tempest, purge, heal, heal, razor, purge, heal, etc.
    i know the steps.
    Sounds like some of your confusion is off of what health really does for you. Health only helps you against highest spike damage. That's it. It does not help you live through dps or anything else in AoE grinding. As long as one of the spikes that hits every 3 secs does not exceed your health, that is all that matters.
    i have no confusions. i know there's no spawn for 12-20 petali, and i sure as hell know no level 60 armor and 1,600 hp is going to tank that much poison.
    Everything else is completely dependent on their damage. Full int mages will often be able to take on more, simply because they can heal more. Usually the heal difference isn't too noticeable, but when you have at least 3-4 ironhearts going constantly, the difference can add another 4 mobs you can safely tank through. You only need to survive until the next purify. After that the heals will over-heal you to max until the next time the poison stack raises.
    irreverent.
    The other thing is gear. With full int, you want more health to increase the max spike you can take. The healing per second is already taken care of. For this I had +9 vit neckalce, rank 3 pants, belt from mantavip quest, 3 socketed helm with +40hp, and other gear focused towards health boosting. Once I got the rank pants, and fully sharded my gear, I was around 2000 health. This is when I was able to safely take on 18 at a time. This is because sometimes I would grab 1 or 2 extra, or have 3 sac assault petali on the bad pulls. This is why I loved my Tempest, it would kill the sac assault mobs in 1 hit, and let me spend a bit focusing on just healing.
    i don't care about your horrid armor or your false stories.
    Most I killed was 22, and I was under 20 health on one of the spikes. 23 I never managed to survive though. All total it cost me around 13 angels to test, and 5 more because I would answer replies when I thought I had time to do so. When you do this type of grinding, do not type to anyone. Feel free to vent chat, but do not take your focus off your skills. You do, and you die. Because those poison stacks will hit very hard if you hesitate even half a second. Because each one of my purges goes off right before the poison stack would hit and kill me. Might be thanks to the -6% channeling I had that affected 4 skills, not sure and didn't care to test.
    again, i don't care. lying is a sin.
    EDIT: FYI, if you use all elemental resist gear, and full buffs, the petali only did 30 poison dmg every 3 secs against my lvl 70 cleric. I made sure to have secondary gear for when I grind magic mobs. And 3 poison stacks would be running before my Purge would hit. So 90 dmg per mob is roughly what you plan on, with a guarantee of at least 1 increased attack or sac assault in there. It's why I tried to stick to 18, though at 73-75 I did runs of 19 or 20 to not waste kills for one man army.
    30? yeah, on the first hit. then the 2nd, then the 3rd, then the 20th. poison doesn't add as +30, you'd be hit for over 1,200 dmg every tick and purify doesn't work that fast.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009

irrelevant. i said the boss would hit 70 on first tick. nowhere near 700.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    village of the lost, city of the lost. semantics. When talking about lvl 70 monsters, I'd hope someone could spot changing village to city by accident. And if you can't find them there, then you haven't looked. There are 3 right within cast distance of the village. There are about 28 or so starting from the village and heading west to over by the horse riders. acephalids or something.

Where are you getting 300 will end up killing you in seconds. That is not 300 per second, that is 300 hitting every 3 seconds. Or in my example, 20 mobs doing 30 dmg each every 3 seconds is 600. Then after 6 seconds 1200, then after 9 seconds 1800 dmg. Well under 2000, with enough buffer for the special mobs.

Purify not being fast enough? Are you kidding me? My Purify has been left at lvl 8 and has a 5 sec cooldown. And each time I use 2 Ironhearts and a Razor in between. My purify has already finished its cooldown by the time I use it for a little while. Lvl 7 is good enough in all honesty.

So 600, 1200, 1800, then reset to 0. How is this at all difficult to heal? Again, this is NOT per second. It is every 3 seconds, just like Ironheart. So I heal more damage than I take the first 2, and take more than I heal for the 3rd. I would die if there was a 4th, but by then Purify drops the damage to 0. How the heck is that hard to heal?

And either you haven't tried the orchie petali yet, feel free to database the co-ords, or you're just being obtuse on purpose. The dmg was 30 per mob, which dropped to 27 after leveling past them. I stayed on them instead of doing my usual mob swap to wood mob that is 6 lvls ahead of me since the xp was so good.

Re-reading what you wrote, you have no idea how to lure the seperate spawns to get the mass of 18 to kill, do you? If that is what this is about, go check a youtube video and come back when you have an educated opinion on this. Don't argue what you don't understand or haven't tried.
  • Heliox - Sanctuary
    Heliox - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2009
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    ignoring your arrogant post, this is the most populated spot at the village of the lost:

2009-03-0613-14-09.jpg

red dot = spawn. show me how you got 12-20 mobs.

edit: the quality is terrible. damn photobucket resizes my screenies.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009

this video is against the weak level 60 petali. when i was that level, with level 50 tortoise armor, they did less than 20 dmg each. i had close to 1,600 hp. and there's actually a high spawn rate there.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Skills to use are of course your buffs, lvl 5 or higher purify, base wings with lvl 10 flight mastery or ones modded to +2 speed, and a high lvl in razor feathers. Having a high lvl in Tempest helps, but will take more practice with guardian angels to get the spell orders right. For a more thorough guide, ask a Legendary member to copy and paste the guide I posted on their website. New computer so I don't have it anymore.

Did the mention of 2 speed or better wings not make it obvious? Yes, there are about 8 on the hill you are on, but there are 4 on the flat area north of it, 6 on the side of the hill ne of it, and 4 more on the path to the village. Cast every 6 or so seconds while flying, and you will rarely take more than 300 dmg from poison at a time, since the old ones wear off while new ones take hold.

There is a way to remove the acceleration time from stopping to cast if you push forward near the end of the spell cast. Again, on legendary faction web page I wrote a long assed guide on what to do and how to do it. Ask them to copy and paste it if you want the whole thing.

Also, look for a post on cheaper zhen party. That is where the idea for mass luring came from. Takes about 2 minutes to gather, 1 to kill, 1 to build chi.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    i've asked 6 very good clerics about this and all of them say it's impossible to pull 18 petali around there. even if you did manage to get all of them, by sheer dumb luck, there's always someone questing there, taking 1-2 for themselves. and still, you would die. shut up.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Considering that no one knew about how to do it on Sanctuary server, and I had to pull from different sources I looked up and test everything myself, it's no wonder the 6 good clerics don't know about it. There is no public guide out on how to do it.

You seem to keep switching what makes it impossible. First it was the damage, which was disproved since it is only 30 dmg per mob per cast. There are only 3 casts before Purge hits. That is done.

Then you said it is impossible to lure that many. I don't have the pics on my computer in the states, but give me till the end of the month to get a lag free internet instead of dial-up and I'll show you a group of 20 in that one area. Can't show damage, since at lvl 83 they do much less. But gathering that many in a pic will disprove that part. Though when I did the solo AoE, I was in the top 5 of high lvls on the server, which made it somewhat easier. But usually there were 1 or 2 who would go between 2 or 3 spawns.

Finally, you can ask Swoosh, the Misti's, or the high level Nefarious on Sanctuary about it. They were in the area when they saw me grab a swarm and kill them, got a laugh from them when 15 would drop all together.

If you want to have a point, pick one and stick to it. If you want numbers, I'll get you that most likely by the end of the month. Shouldn't take that long for them to install the satellite. Numbers anyone who is in the lower 70s can do just by grabbing one and taking a picture of the first hit of dmg with their character screen open to show mag resist. Will you admit you were wrong when all your proof is proven wrong, or will there be a new one each time?
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Sylvae dont you know that Forp knows best?
    But lol i think it posible, cause on mobs that i grind 1IH keeps me alive vs 2 mobs that hit ~500dmg and i end up on 1400hp of 1790hp
    Aoe-ing 5 thats way above the hp i have and still i have time to cast razor or tempest.
    3-4IH razor/tempest reapet
    *only died when there where incr mag/sacr attack there*

With razor + tempest you can take 5 Taurox Enthusiast quick. *my new place to grind*
    Was fun testing this today, to add i did them on my hourly and at end i went up 200k coins including repair and the quest coast it self.
    Had about 30 min to spare so went killing foxwings, that was 66.4% exp gain very fast.
    b:dirty
  • Highestelf - Heavens Tear
    Highestelf - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I agree with it not being impressive early on.

I'm lvl 26 Cleric and have "tried" it several times.... Each time it got me in trouble cause it didn't do much damage and gave MOB's an edge over me in attack. For now, I focus on the plume and [Ironheart(?)]. I like getting the HP benefit during the fight.

Looking forward to advancing the feathers as quickly as possible to enjoy the future power!
    Just a question of curiosity, do you like razor feathers?

Alot of people seem to ignore that skills although I love it to bits, has 7.6 meter range and does about 50% more damage than plume shot (only level 9)

Not super epic but, 8 meter AoE at level 10 is nice, especially the whole No Chi/Spark and lowish cooldown

Do you use razor feathers? b:bye
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Ah...that's what you were doing Sylvie. I must have gotten in your way a few times once I hit the Orchids. Thanks for the "guide". Forp is a waste of internet bandwidth. Leave him be and eventually he'll go away.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Considering that no one knew about how to do it on Sanctuary server, and I had to pull from different sources I looked up and test everything myself, it's no wonder the 6 good clerics don't know about it. There is no public guide out on how to do it.

You seem to keep switching what makes it impossible. First it was the damage, which was disproved since it is only 30 dmg per mob per cast. There are only 3 casts before Purge hits. That is done.

Then you said it is impossible to lure that many. I don't have the pics on my computer in the states, but give me till the end of the month to get a lag free internet instead of dial-up and I'll show you a group of 20 in that one area. Can't show damage, since at lvl 83 they do much less. But gathering that many in a pic will disprove that part. Though when I did the solo AoE, I was in the top 5 of high lvls on the server, which made it somewhat easier. But usually there were 1 or 2 who would go between 2 or 3 spawns.

Finally, you can ask Swoosh, the Misti's, or the high level Nefarious on Sanctuary about it. They were in the area when they saw me grab a swarm and kill them, got a laugh from them when 15 would drop all together.

If you want to have a point, pick one and stick to it. If you want numbers, I'll get you that most likely by the end of the month. Shouldn't take that long for them to install the satellite. Numbers anyone who is in the lower 70s can do just by grabbing one and taking a picture of the first hit of dmg with their character screen open to show mag resist. Will you admit you were wrong when all your proof is proven wrong, or will there be a new one each time?

i never dropped my last point, i just decided to go to the village of the lost and look to see if it was even possibly to gather that many. in fact, it isn't. more sanctuary idiots making up stories happens every damn day, it's nothing new. why should i expect any different from you?

and, god damn, if you're going to make up a story, prove it. jesus, don't tell me to wait a month for you to disappear and hope that i've forgotten. i'll bump this in a month.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    When you do the math well this is what i think.
    With lv8 purify there is a high possibility to survive and kill all.
    In 5-8 sec they can stack up to 1280-1580 dmg that ticks every 3 seconds.
    Your IH will take allot of that, making room for attack and purify.

1)have them all arranged so you hit 80%-90%
    2)stack IH like crazy
    3)purify
    4)attack
    5)repeat

Tho there is a high possibility to live there is also to die.
    From what i calculate with only 3 sacrificial mobs you are KOed.
    Also note they are doing DoT, even if they stack dmg its far less then other mobs with instant dmg will do in half of that time.

So stop flaming if you didnt try it.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I used it few times wasn't bad but was eating into my man.It isn't bad probably better at the higher lvls.I just can't wait till I get tempest.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
    edited March 2009
    I'm sure sylv is right I'm gonna try this now :)
  • Waittilli - Lost City
    Waittilli - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I doubt the xp is worth the apparently great chance of dieing if you slip up even a bit. And considering you grind, out of 10000 runs, you will mess up.

So if poison mobs don't work that well for AoE xping, I doubt anything will.

So that comes back too, is it worth it to include razor feather over/include in whirlwind/plumeshot combo for xping.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    you idiots don't even understand where i'm going now. it's not even possible to pull 12-18 mobs where she describes. you'll be going there when you level, mystic. you'll see it. not only that, but she claimed to do 22:

22 mobs poisoning her every 3 seconds(false, they will never all poison at the same time. it wont stack an even 660 like she thinks it will, but it burst over 700 to even 800 by time she gets to finish channeling her attack).

now, she's healing like a mad chimp in a zoo. poison goes up by 1 for each iron heart, now hitting 1,200~1,500(rough numbers, it's impossible to assume as all monsters do not hit at the same time). she has 1,600 health? 1,600 health cannot keep up to the stacked poison, no matter how much ironheart she stacks. it's impossible, you're an idiot for even believing her.

mystic, i never said the attack was bad, i simply don't like ******* spamming fake stories. yano, like you do.
    edited March 2009
    Yeah you cannot say she's lying, not everyone is like you forp, even so there is NOTHING wrong with trying anyway what's a 30k angel for the sake of experimenting aye? btw I went there and I only saw 3 of the level 72 things and took to long to respawn and I gave up and killed level 72 flying wood mobs instead 1 by 1 or 2 at a time
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Yeah you cannot say she's lying, not everyone is like you forp, even so there is NOTHING wrong with trying anyway what's a 30k angel for the sake of experimenting aye? btw I went there and I only saw 3 of the level 72 things and took to long to respawn and I gave up and killed level 72 flying wood mobs instead 1 by 1 or 2 at a time

i can say she's lying. i've been there, i do quest there, i took a damned screeny of the area. i don't even think there's 18 spawns. i just know gathering all of them is impossible.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    you idiots don't even understand where i'm going now. it's not even possible to pull 12-18 mobs where she describes. you'll be going there when you level, mystic. you'll see it. not only that, but she claimed to do 22:

22 mobs poisoning her every 3 seconds(false, they will never all poison at the same time. it wont stack an even 660 like she thinks it will, but it burst over 700 to even 800 by time she gets to finish channeling her attack).

now, she's healing like a mad chimp in a zoo. poison goes up by 1 for each iron heart, now hitting 1,200~1,500(rough numbers, it's impossible to assume as all monsters do not hit at the same time). she has 1,600 health? 1,600 health cannot keep up to the stacked poison, no matter how much ironheart she stacks. it's impossible, you're an idiot for even believing her.

mystic, i never said the attack was bad, i simply don't like ******* spamming fake stories. yano, like you do.

You dont have to call other idiots, i know what you meant.
    Is it possible to survive? Yes it is, if you could round up 12-18 mobs eventually you could kill them. And yes you would die allot before it works.
    18 being the top where you probably die. 12 is lets say more real.
    Now that you cant gather that many its another story.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    You dont have to call other idiots, i know what you meant.
    Is it possible to survive? Yes it is, if you could round up 12-18 mobs eventually you could kill them. And yes you would die allot before it works.
    18 being the top where you probably die. 12 is lets say more real.
    Now that you cant gather that many its another story.

i didn't call you an idiot, mysticlife and willfire are the idiots. mystic doesn't understand what's going on and just tries to throw his 2 cents in, willfire tries to defend sylvae with false claims.

"Ah...that's what you were doing Sylvie. I must have gotten in your way a few times once I hit the Orchids."

this is impossible. sylvae is 8x, where as willfire just got to 7x. you get to the orchid petali at 7x, there's quite a few quest to kill them, there's no possible way he could have interfered. randoms newfags always try to make up stories about how successful they are, when in reality, they aren't.
    edited March 2009
    i didn't call you an idiot, mysticlife and willfire are the idiots. mystic doesn't understand what's going on and just tries to throw his 2 cents in, willfire tries to defend sylvae with false claims.

this is impossible. sylvae is 8x, where as willfire just got to 7x. you get to the orchid petali at 7x, there's quite a few quest to kill them, there's no possible way he could have interfered. randoms newfags always try to make up stories about how successful they are, when in reality, they aren't.

It takes an idiot to know an idiot b:shutupb:chuckle