Don't hate phoenix you too can have combat pet (all class)

Options
Daji - Heavens Tear
Daji - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
In testing now. All class can have combat pet to help in PvE and PvP. So don't hate the phoenix b:victory
Post edited by Daji - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mrfinland - Harshlands
    Mrfinland - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    well, i heard about these as well

And i also heard their damage sort of sucks.
    ---> MrFinland <---
    > Cleric <
    ----> Crimson <----
  • haku
    haku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    To tell the truth I was very disappointed with PW when they introduced phoenix and hercules into the game. When I first tried PW a long time ago in another version, I was very happy that this is not a buy-or-you-suck kind of "F2P" game. I know, some of you are going to argue with me about heiros and angels etc., but I've tried many mmorpg's and have seen MUCH worse. Herc and pheonix are obviously things that will make venos who buy them waaaay more powerful than venos that don't. So far this power gap only applies for the veno class, and at the same time directed a lot of jealousy and hatred to the veno class. But if those all-class combat pets are really coming and if they are powerful like the herc and nix, or at least powerful enough to create an obvious power gap between the "haves" and "have-nots" then this game will just turn into another buy-or-you-suck "F2P" game.
  • rozen2
    rozen2 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    haku wrote: »
    To tell the truth I was very disappointed with PW when they introduced phoenix and hercules into the game. When I first tried PW a long time ago in another version, I was very happy that this is not a buy-or-you-suck kind of "F2P" game. I know, some of you are going to argue with me about heiros and angels etc., but I've tried many mmorpg's and have seen MUCH worse. Herc and pheonix are obviously things that will make venos who buy them waaaay more powerful than venos that don't. So far this power gap only applies for the veno class, and at the same time directed a lot of jealousy and hatred to the veno class. But if those all-class combat pets are really coming and if they are powerful like the herc and nix, or at least powerful enough to create an obvious power gap between the "haves" and "have-nots" then this game will just turn into another buy-or-you-suck "F2P" game.

You can get Phoenix or Hercules OR ANYTHING IN THE CASHSHOP without spending a dime cause in this game you can trade in your coins for gold. The only thing that money really affects here is how "soon" you get them but in terms of "Buy-or-you-suck" about the Nix or Herc then this is wrong cause you only need 1 each and you don't have worry about another one. Heiros angels and other consumable cash items though may be a different story cause people will never stop ordering them.

Back on topic:
    I really hope these all class battle pets are true, I'm pretty sure wizards will have a brighter future with these guys.
  • True - Harshlands
    True - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If these things are anywhere near as powerful as a typical veno battle pet, then what would be the point of having the pet class?

Here's how I think this will end up:

Since no class but venomancer has abilities for healing and reviving their pet, these "battle pets" will probably not be able to be targeted, meaning they would not be able to tank or even draw aggro. They would most likely do a small % of damage based on their level or possibly your level, and that would be their function, to supplement the characters own damage.

The only other alternative to this would be for them to make cash shop items for reviving and healing the pet, or an NPC that sold these items. The cash shop version of this would make a lot of people extremely angry, and the NPC version would most likely be somewhat annoying as well. Not to mention making the game play even more expensive for classes that already struggle with money as it is.
  • s4intdragon
    s4intdragon Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well would be cool if melee classes got a pet which buffs and heals them. Not so much a damage dealing pet, but a pocket healer. b:victory
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If we get combat pets for all classes, then I sense clerics, archers and wizards are next in line to be the focus for hate - because if the combat pet can aggro/tank a mob, we'll pretty much have a free kill due to our ranged attacks - the mob will be long dead by the time its aggro switches and it starts moving towards us.

Why not just remove the class barrier and make us all pet-taming, heal-casting, bow-wielding tanks with stun?
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Lol if you want to look for an overpowered class, then go to FlyFF. Their Billposter class can one hit anything, any amount of HP in level one equipment. Yep, I'm talking 100k+ HP gone. Even if the person is 20 levels higher than you.

The hercules and phoenix is nothing compared to that. I think people need to stop QQ'ing about it, who cares if Veno's want to better themselves in a game? It's their choice to spend that much money to help themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    hey i played a BP ... that was fun haha

but on topic.. i doubt the all class pets will be anything like a phoenix or a herc .. and personally i think the idea is kinda dumb .. if i wanted a pet class i would have rolled veno ..

soho the reason people complain is because if they (the non-veno) want to better themselves in this game.. they don't have the option to spend that much money to help themselves.. unless they roll a veno ..

I mean i think most people would stop complaining if a bleed damage reduction was implemented .. cause thats how all this started.. the phoenix bleed skill.. then it just turned into an all encompassing veno hate.. i mean yea its kinda unfair that they have the option to solo squad mode TT (non-aoe bosses) .. but now that i know i could always roll a veno and level it up.. but i choose not to..
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    that's absurd and totally fckd up. all class pet should not be a battle pet. if everyone can have pets then wtf is the point of having venos in the game? if they do this then theyre taking away the 1 thing that sets venos apart.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You describe this as something that has been implemented. Can someone provide more information?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • jalenstar4ever
    jalenstar4ever Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    This is the result of all the recent veno hate on these forums.

Bramble gets nerfed.

All classes have battle pets.

Are you veno-haters happy now, or is there still more whining and crying to come?

The hate is so strong on this forum that I suspect the shedding of tears is not over.

Cry some more and you veno-haters will have your very own veno skills to choose from along with being able to tame and heal your very own pets.

Oh and standby. Hercs and nixs for all classes are soon to come!

Congrats whiners!
  • Mirathyl - Sanctuary
    Mirathyl - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You describe this as something that has been implemented. Can someone provide more information?

QFT

All other posts aside in this thread, this is what I'm interested about.

1) What would level requirements be?
    2) Which pet would it even be comparable to? For all we know it could be the same power of a lvl 5 wolf or something.
    3) What does it even LOOK like?
    4) What would the cost be?
    5) (goes with 4) WHERE we would even get it from?
    6) You say it's in testing, but do you have any links for info/pics/video? What's your source?

If it's from the cash shop and a bunch of gold, I wouldn't even deem it worth it IMO. I suppose it could be from the pet manager and cost a lot of coins (like the dark charger).
    "We don't know what we're going to do when we get there, but we're not going to die without good reason."
    - Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Mirathyl
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    All other classes having Battle Pets?

Why even have a Veno class then?

Going to wait and keep an eye on the GM's and PWI for more information before setting off on a rant.

I am glad that I am low level though just incase these so called battle pets can make other classes better. I will surely roll another type of character if I can have a cool Battle pet and play a completly different type of as well.

This seems way to weird and not what I would expect from PW.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thats ok,once these all class battle pets come(if they do)all us venos gotta do is throw our rattles outta the prams for a couple months on forum and we'll get our very own cleric buffs,criticals of the archers,proper mass stuns like the BM's and hp of the..well you get the idea.

Or better yet devs,why don't you just make this a single class game and shut these morons up once and for all :)
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    TBH, we have to wait and see what they are bringing (Still, I like to know how you found out about it).

In my case as Bm, I need something to tank magic mobs. That's all I need.

I have to call venos to kill those mobs for me (I don't even help)
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    lol jezuz .. the other classes really need pets that fight? honestly yah'll can and are made to fight without pets.. a veno without a pet is a mess.

If all classes can summon a battle pet.. then Venos should be able to summon two pets at once!
    Dual summon bring it on.
    Might as well make a pet that can heal the veno and buff the veno.. o wait, you might as well call the game Rappelz then.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • CrimsonScyth - Lost City
    CrimsonScyth - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    stop introducing new stuff and just FIX what is broken. fix the damn flesh ream bug for pvp and i would personally never post anything about phoenix again on the forums. all class battle pets is just ****. there is a reason i didnt roll veno
  • Mirathyl - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Honestly, I don't see the point in arguing right now when we don't even have any details. I mean, if the battle pets are on par with regular pets (or worse, with a cash shop pet) then yes I do see a point in arguing about that. However, if pets can attack and have low/non-existant damage I don't see a point in them. If you want to argue about the 'semantics' of having battle pets in general go right ahead...I just don't see a point at this time.

Though come to think of it, aren't there scrolls/books that can be made to give a character a cross-class ability? Like give a veno the barb hp buff skill or a cleric healing spell? If the costs of that are comparable to the these all-class battle pets then wouldn't it equalize things in that regard?
    "We don't know what we're going to do when we get there, but we're not going to die without good reason."
    - Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Mirathyl
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    no there is no way to teach a veno a barbarian skill.. a class only has the skills in its skill tree available to it
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Honestly, I don't see the point in arguing right now when we don't even have any details.

you nailed.
  • Mirathyl - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If I recall, it's not exactly 'teaching' a skill. It's an item you make and equip that lets you use the skill (only at a certain level, you can't increase it) as long as you have it equipped. I'd have to look into the info again but I thought you needed pages or something to create them.
    - Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Mirathyl
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If I recall, it's not exactly 'teaching' a skill. It's an item you make and equip that lets you use the skill (only at a certain level, you can't increase it) as long as you have it equipped. I'd have to look into the info again but I thought you needed pages or something to create them.

Can you give us link? So, we can read on our own.

are these batle pets on the other PW versions? or is this just new and only to us?
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i don't see and i have never heard of anything like that.. the only thing that can be made with pages are the level 79/89/100 skill books..

lvl 79 are from apoc pages
    lvl 100 are from chrono pages

the sage and demon skill books can come from old book pages or pages of fate or mysterious pages
    i have never seen an old book page but pwdatabase says it drops from the legion marshals in legion attacks

pages of fate come from beating the cube at 90+

mysterious pages.. also never seen.. pwdatabase lists the only way of getting them as rewards from new player packs/lotterys
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    wouldent be too bad

i suggest somthing like this for legendary all class pets
    cleric pet: could help heal
    mage pet: could help add dmg
    barb pet: increace regen/bost phys
    bm pet: could increace attack rate
    veno: already have hax pet
    archer pet: increace regen/speed
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    haha that reminds of diablo 2.. you have those mercs you buy with auras that increase certain things .. would be bad in this game in my opinion..

we shall see how it goes.. i have seen no announcement or GM post anything saying that this will happen.. its just a rumor and as far as i know hasn't been substantiated by anything outside of this thread

venos are the solo class.. they have expensive and nice toys .. more power to them.. i don't like dealing with pets though haha
  • Mirathyl - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hrm...at this point please ignore anything I said about the skill books. I'm not sure where the information came from as it was in chat with a party in game quite a few levels ago. I just recall it as they wanted to get a healing spell and I felt put out of a job by the thought of it. If I DO find something that could substantiate it I will post something more about it but at this point please ignore/forget any mention of it.

@Andro: That idea DOES remind me of Diablo II mercs as well. However those could be a BIG money drain in this game as I remember constantly having to resurrect them and paying through the nose for higher level mercs. -.-; Then again, that could be a balance for them in PW because of how grinding doesn't bring in as much gold as DII drops did.
    - Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Mirathyl
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    no there is no way to teach a veno a barbarian skill.. a class only has the skills in its skill tree available to it

Let venos (the seductress class) tame male players. b:laugh
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    This idea is ****.

Fix the bleed dont give everyone pets we dont wont everyone running around one-shotting each other or worse sending pets after pets. Then we might as well rename this game Pokemon.

Seriously, fix bleed dont give us pets in fact take all class flying pets out of tw they are annoying.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Meca - Harshlands
    Meca - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    what im about to say is Fact and not just something that i *think* is true, so listen up!

The All class pets cannot be healed by a cleric or the mages healing skill, the only class that can heal these all class battle pets are the venos, so if theres no veno around and it gets attacked, thats not usualy a good thing, so u gota leave it there to slowly regen.

If it dies you have to go bak to the Pet master npc, put it into an egg (which wastes its loyalty and ur money u spent upping its loyalty) and then put it bak into a pet again so it starts with 0 loyalty.

There is atleast 6 battle pets ive seen so far, 3 of them are the same but just diff names and appearance, if i remember right, the 3 im talkin about is basicly like the herc with its buffs and damage,

the other 3 are abit diff, 2 of them are the same with there damage, but they have the hp increase,phy attack buff and mag and phy defense buff, but are slightly less phy defense and attack then the 6th 1 which is basicly the best ive seen so far, but if that was to be here, then it wud ofcourse cost the most, and its not as strong as the pheonix, its not close but still good.

So there u go, having ppl with battle pets wont unbalance the game as u gota be very careful with them unless u got tons of money to blow away.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    you don't even know the idea .. there are ways in which it could be good .. there are ways in which it could be really really bad.. there are ways in which it could be pointless... we don't know anything about it and we don't even know if it is true ..

edit: meca where is this info coming from.. proof/pics please?
This discussion has been closed.