Don't hate phoenix you too can have combat pet (all class)

2»

Comments

• Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    In testing now. All class can have combat pet to help in PvE and PvP. So don't hate the phoenix b:victory

I doubt thats gonna happen anytime soon. In order for all classes to have battle pets, they need to give us a heal/rez skills. Or i'll be stareing at a dead pet after every other mob b:cry
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I doubt thats gonna happen anytime soon. In order for all classes to have battle pets, they need to give us a heal/rez skills. Or i'll be stareing at a dead pet after every other mob b:cry

Maybe that's the point. Make them cost a lot at an NPC, and since only venos can heal or res pets they just die, then you have to buy another. Huge coin sink.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    They'd probably have their very own pots/res scroll or something.(if this is true lol)
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    its probably severely gimped so that venos don't suddenly become underpowered/replaced...archer w/ a tank pet would be ridic

or
    or

barb w/ a ranged pet...like a cactopod...from wut i seen on stat progression, they do pretty good damage. that one wouldn't die very often either if the barb is tanking.
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hya,
    Ussualy im agree with almost all new implements on the game, but ALL CLASS BATTLE PET??? what is that??? IS THE WORST DECISION JUST PW STAFF COULD HAVE TAKEN!!!!!!!!
    I know just is no the same...
    Can't be healed, need be ress by NPC, etc etc... but NO!!!!! battle pets is exclusive of venomancer...
    Well i dont say anymore bcause this is stu.pid.
    btw, gratz to all the ppl what hate the veno, you are doing a great job, the veno this increasingly nerfed.

b:angryb:bye

PS: Don't cry anymore ppl, u have ur battle pets, i suppose just dont like same battle pets like veno... no?
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • tatakairyu
    edited March 2009
    We don't even know if this is true. Stop getting all bent out of shape lol. Talk about crying <.<.
  • Szioul - Heavens Tear
    Szioul - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The idea of all class battle pets is so ****, that I very much doubt it.
    Legion: Sentinel
    Clan: RisenSky
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    a crystal following a mage doing some dmg like mattack dmg = to m attack would be good
    would definately help with survivability and dps... (ours is lower than archer or veno with pet. wich is lame cuz we are supposed to be a dps class)

@mira :D
    the book thing was me :D and its for sage/deamon skills :D
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    Anjiru - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This topic smells of lies and this post made it worse:
    what im about to say is Fact and not just something that i *think* is true, so listen up!

The All class pets cannot be healed by a cleric or the mages healing skill, the only class that can heal these all class battle pets are the venos, so if theres no veno around and it gets attacked, thats not usualy a good thing, so u gota leave it there to slowly regen.

If it dies you have to go bak to the Pet master npc, put it into an egg (which wastes its loyalty and ur money u spent upping its loyalty) and then put it bak into a pet again so it starts with 0 loyalty.

There is atleast 6 battle pets ive seen so far, 3 of them are the same but just diff names and appearance, if i remember right, the 3 im talkin about is basicly like the herc with its buffs and damage,

the other 3 are abit diff, 2 of them are the same with there damage, but they have the hp increase,phy attack buff and mag and phy defense buff, but are slightly less phy defense and attack then the 6th 1 which is basicly the best ive seen so far, but if that was to be here, then it wud ofcourse cost the most, and its not as strong as the pheonix, its not close but still good.

So there u go, having ppl with battle pets wont unbalance the game as u gota be very careful with them unless u got tons of money to blow away.

Seriously, a hercule and phoenix for everyone?
    Not to mention the lag that would come of this.
    Get real.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:laugh
    ---
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics."
  • tatakairyu
    edited March 2009
    a crystal following a mage doing some dmg like mattack dmg = to m attack would be good
    would definately help with survivability and dps... (ours is lower than archer or veno with pet. wich is lame cuz we are supposed to be a dps class)

Archers are DPS aswell.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    what im about to say is Fact and not just something that i *think* is true, so listen up!

The All class pets cannot be healed by a cleric or the mages healing skill, the only class that can heal these all class battle pets are the venos, so if theres no veno around and it gets attacked, thats not usualy a good thing, so u gota leave it there to slowly regen.

If it dies you have to go bak to the Pet master npc, put it into an egg (which wastes its loyalty and ur money u spent upping its loyalty) and then put it bak into a pet again so it starts with 0 loyalty.

There is atleast 6 battle pets ive seen so far, 3 of them are the same but just diff names and appearance, if i remember right, the 3 im talkin about is basicly like the herc with its buffs and damage,

the other 3 are abit diff, 2 of them are the same with there damage, but they have the hp increase,phy attack buff and mag and phy defense buff, but are slightly less phy defense and attack then the 6th 1 which is basicly the best ive seen so far, but if that was to be here, then it wud ofcourse cost the most, and its not as strong as the pheonix, its not close but still good.

So there u go, having ppl with battle pets wont unbalance the game as u gota be very careful with them unless u got tons of money to blow away.

I want a combat pet as BM (just to tank magic mobs) but if it is like this, they are messing up the game.

Everybody going around with a combat pet is not a good idea. You should have a pet to help in the areas you are weak in PVE.

If you are a magic class, you might need a melee pet. If you are melee, you might need a mag pet. It should not be a pet to combat anything. LOL

Still, these pets should be expensive to maintain. The only reason to use them should be to complete quests that you cannot on your own.
  • Xtonyx - Heavens Tear
    Xtonyx - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    hmmm maybe if they fixed a bug instead of masking it with skittles and sugar there would be les QQ?
    if they do this they deserve a few lashes with a wet noodle
    *gets the pot boiling*b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~sig by Saitada, a total badass b:laugh
  • Mirathyl - Sanctuary
    Mirathyl - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Well I guess that solves that issue. xD

In that case, would a book along those lines be a solution to this arguement? xP
    "We don't know what we're going to do when we get there, but we're not going to die without good reason."
    - Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Mirathyl
  • Meca - Harshlands
    Meca - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This topic smells of lies and this post made it worse:

Seriously, a hercule and phoenix for everyone?
    Not to mention the lag that would come of this.
    Get real.

its funny that u can even say that, without even no'ing the future of the cash shop, such as there will be no miji's in the cash shop in a future patch as there going to be put into lottery prize instead, dunno who did or diddnt no that, but looks like u do now anyway,

and incase ppl still dont belive me about the 6 battle pets, im gonna try obtain the screenshots later.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    and incase ppl still dont belive me about the 6 battle pets, im gonna try obtain the screenshots later.

Paparazzi ?

Question for you:

These changes are for PWI only?, since I have not heard anyone seeing them in the older versions which are way more advanced than ours
  • Meca - Harshlands
    Meca - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    and in these *much* older versions, have u seen any1 or the devs them selfs say, this version of pw is complete? cos ive not,
    meaning that changes can easily still happen and things can still be added, i garuntee there is alot of stuff that alot of ppl havnt seen yet
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    and in these *much* older versions, have u seen any1 or the devs them selfs say, this version of pw is complete? cos ive not,
    meaning that changes can easily still happen and things can still be added, i garuntee there is alot of stuff that alot of ppl havnt seen yet

Well, the changes may not have even been implemented in any older version of Perfect World yet, such as MY or the orginal Chinese version. And if there isn't any hint of battle pets as strong as herc's or nix's there...well, then we probably won't see 'em for a long, long time.

Also, could you provide a link or source as to where you obtained that information? Credibility is always appreciated. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009

hey, I'm not denying your claims or trying to make a war with you.

I'm new to this game but something that I've seen many times repeated by many posters is that: "if you don't see it in the other versions, don't expect it here".

Which mean our game is not complete but it only adds what is already in the other games.

However, we have a tread in the suggestion section that contradicts what I see the other posters saying, since the developers are asking for suggestions for new skills. This could mean our game could develop different than the others and make posible your claim about the pets.
  • Mosa - Harshlands
    Mosa - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    absloutly not we do NOT want battle pets for all classes thats just stupid and retarted what we want is for you to fix the bleed skill thats it....

mages are gimped though but not a battle pet maybe like an elemental gaurdian to tank for a bit and as that guy sayd mages have by far one of the lowest dps's in game archer cleric veno and BM all out damage them (thats not mintioning manifest virtue the lvl 100 skill"but who get that >.>")

so yeah as I sayd...
    formerly known as mosabi-heaven's tear..

you know that wizard that kicked your **** b:victory..

now I just own wizards at the new servers b:victory
  • haku
    haku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    rozen2 wrote: »
    You can get Phoenix or Hercules OR ANYTHING IN THE CASHSHOP without spending a dime cause in this game you can trade in your coins for gold. The only thing that money really affects here is how "soon" you get them but in terms of "Buy-or-you-suck" about the Nix or Herc then this is wrong cause you only need 1 each and you don't have worry about another one. Heiros angels and other consumable cash items though may be a different story cause people will never stop ordering them.

Back on topic:
    I really hope these all class battle pets are true, I'm pretty sure wizards will have a brighter future with these guys.

I think you missed my point. Yes I know you can buy anything in the cash shop with ingame coin, which is one of the reasons why I was so happy when I first found this game. I'm saying that I am not liking the fact that PW introduced cash shop items that are extremely expensive and are much more powerful than anything else in game. ~20mil/200USD is still a very large number and contrary to popular veno-hater belief, venos can not spin gold out of their hair. If I have to spend this kind of time and commitment just to close a power gap between me and other players, then I might as well be playing a subscription game.

They introduced the phoenix, a pet with a very high attack stat, when they knew that Flesh-Ream is a bugged skill that bases its damage on the pets' attack stat, and is easily attainable through an NPC. And obviously when you give something this powerful to one class, people will want something powerful as well for the other classes. All-class battle pets looks like a cash-cow for PW, with so much potential for more cash shop items and coin-drainage for those pets. It just looks to me like PW is trying to patch up bigger problems with a band-aid while aggressively pushing out more cash shop items to make more profit.

Just saying that I don't like the direction that this is going. Just my two cents. /rant b:shy
  • Deathnote - Harshlands
    Deathnote - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    IF THEY DO ADD THESE KIND OF PETS TO ALL CLASSES! PW IS GAMEOVER..

whocares. We dont need All class pets that can attack too
    Bringing fear and widespread random deaths into the Harshlands, that is my goal..

IGN: Shinigamii, WR

Death Note Rule #18
    A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the gods of death.
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This would pretty much kill the "pet" class, they may have it easier than everyone else but come on their big advantage is the pet.

If this was true then we'd all be pet classes..... gg for venos.

BTW screenshots or this is all BS.
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Osiris - Dreamweaver
    Osiris - Dreamweaver Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This is never going to happen. Stop spreading stupid rumors...
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm going to stop and lock this thread.

Everyone here is speculating and theorizing that the end of PWI is near and whatever class they play is definitely going to be nerfed.

This is clearly not the case.

It's true that some new features are in development for PWI, and we'll have a preview of that new system in the near future. You can be sure that we'll post it up for everyone to see.

Please hold off on speculation until further details are revealed. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.