Comments

• Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If you get buffed, you complain.
    If you dont get buff, you complain.

WTH gets you guys!!!

If youre randomly buffing many dont pay attention. Just talk to them and dont be rude!....
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    personally i think clerics shouldnt go around randomly buffing people unless u are really in a weird mood >.>
    1. if the player didn't ask you for a buff they done need a buff
    2. everyone learns to play without buff so they dont actually NEED the buff XD
    3. if you dont check if they already have buffs u might as mentioned **** them over...unless as i said, u are trying to annoy people and help people at the same time >.> i pesonally know a friend who uses life powder quite constantly randomly buffing someone might just get them dead if they arent suspecting or noticing it in the mids of combat. (having 50hp/sec instead of 10hp/sec makes a big difference when u take like 30second to kill a mob XD)
    4. If u want to help people, take a glance at their status before you buff them, if they are buffed leave if you dont want to bother asking if they want rebuff. if u do want to be nice and take time to help someone then ask them 1st. i mean seriously...taking a glance at their status isnt hard...espeiclly when u got to click on them anyway.

personally i enjoy clerics that randomly buffs me but thats because i never bother with the apoth stuff. i know if i wasted time gathering or wasted moeny buying the stuff i would be pissed.
    think of it this way, if u want to be helpfully in real life would u force your help on someone or ask them if they want help? if u truly want to be nice, ask before helping, if u want to do w/e u want since this is a game after all, feel free i aint complaining >.>
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Dark_neko - Lost City
    Dark_neko - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    personally i think clerics shouldnt go around randomly buffing people unless u are really in a weird mood >.>
    1. if the player didn't ask you for a buff they done need a buff
    2. everyone learns to play without buff so they dont actually NEED the buff XD
    3. if you dont check if they already have buffs u might as mentioned **** them over...unless as i said, u are trying to annoy people and help people at the same time >.> i pesonally know a friend who uses life powder quite constantly randomly buffing someone might just get them dead if they arent suspecting or noticing it in the mids of combat. (having 50hp/sec instead of 10hp/sec makes a big difference when u take like 30second to kill a mob XD)
    4. If u want to help people, take a glance at their status before you buff them, if they are buffed leave if you dont want to bother asking if they want rebuff. if u do want to be nice and take time to help someone then ask them 1st. i mean seriously...taking a glance at their status isnt hard...espeiclly when u got to click on them anyway.

personally i enjoy clerics that randomly buffs me but thats because i never bother with the apoth stuff. i know if i wasted time gathering or wasted moeny buying the stuff i would be pissed.
    think of it this way, if u want to be helpfully in real life would u force your help on someone or ask them if they want help? if u truly want to be nice, ask before helping, if u want to do w/e u want since this is a game after all, feel free i aint complaining >.>

lolz I am always buffing people, hell I even buff kitty shops becasue I am that bored most of the time.

But meh, my understanding was that the highest level buff sticks, so if I'm buffing you with my LV10 buffs and a Lv40 cleric comes along and buffs you, they don't get downgraded.

I understand about the apoth items and buffs not stacking (hate that), but normally I only buff people that aren't buffed anyway xD
    IGN: Dark_Neko
    Server: Lost City
    Faction: NekoGami - Leader

PM me for invite ;)
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Shush lol. PPl are actually complaining about getting buffed?
    b:dirty
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Shush lol. PPl are actually complaining about getting buffed?

You're not getting it.

If I'm using a 50 mp per second regen herb and a cleric used the mp regen buff on me, it replaces the 50 with whatever the cleric's version does, which is a small fraction of it. THAT is what we are complaining about.
  • Darksky - Heavens Tear
    Darksky - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I hate nice people. Always trying to help out. They **** everything up right? b:chuckle

ahhahahahahaha .... (sorry its relly funny xD ) b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oh noes...my avatar is bald b:shockedb:shocked <
    WTF b:laughb:laugh
  • Fleez - Heavens Tear
    Fleez - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I agree ...Clerics should check to see if they have an Hp/MP regen icon already on them.. as a brab i depend highly on my hp regen to heal me rather than pots.. and when i'm using the 50 regen hp /second herb i dont want a cleric to come by and break up my godly regen speed... barbs have high regen already but with herb it rocks out loud as we have an even better regen speed than any one else..(at my lvl 14 hp/second regen passive+50 regen herb=64hp recovery/second)
    ATTENTION ALL: I would just like you to know....I has fleas.
  • Airawyn - Lost City
    Airawyn - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Are you guys saying that the Celestial spell (+10mp/hp recovery rate) will negate the mana/hp gained from pots purchased from the Apothecary?

It negates the Apothecary items that you make with herbs that have been farmed/purchased. Such as Life Powder, Focus Powder, and Flourish Orb to name a few. In other MMO's that I have played if lower level buffs was cast on you, they would get a fail/resist message cause they could not overwrite the higher level buffs. Something along that lines in PW would be nice to have implemented if possible. That way you could not over buff higher level buffs.

That is my 2 cents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Veno
  • cottman
    cottman Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Bad game design. Low buff shouldn't override high buff.
  • Julyah - Sanctuary
    Julyah - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    So clerics who are buffing people out of the goodness of their heart are supposed to ask whether you want to get buffed? Why not make it so that people whenever they see a cleric tell him/her that they don't want to get buffed if they already have some other buff they don't want overridden.

Not long ago I met a dude in the local market. He was giving me money and said it was free. I was like WTF I don't need your money, I have my own money.
    [Tech Support Junkie]
    Player 1: "I dont believe this is an off-topic worthy thread."
    Player 2: "It's not even worth it for lower depths. What do we do?"
    Player 3: "Delete it?"
    Mod: "Moving this to tech support."
    edited March 2009
    Options
    So clerics who are buffing people out of the goodness of their heart are supposed to ask whether you want to get buffed?

They should look to see if the targeted player already has hp/mp regen buffs on BEFORE casting their own. Click on the player and look for buff icons. It's that simple.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    So clerics who are buffing people out of the goodness of their heart are supposed to ask whether you want to get buffed? Why not make it so that people whenever they see a cleric tell him/her that they don't want to get buffed if they already have some other buff they don't want overridden.

Not long ago I met a dude in the local market. He was giving me money and said it was free. I was like WTF I don't need your money, I have my own money.

So, if there are 10 clerics in the area the player with the HP regen power buff should IM each cleric and tell them to not buff them? Seriously? Considering the player with the cleric should know they have a HP buff WHEN THEY TARGETED THEM, and shouldn't be needed.

Maybe the clerics should stop using auto-buff macros on other players when they don't pay attention when they use them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Holyhellian - Heavens Tear
    Holyhellian - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I check...b:lipcurl
    I'm your Guardian Angel, but careful, I can bite hard if the need arises. b:cool

-Alt Char- RangeRunner *Archer* b:avoid
  • Kaenor - Heavens Tear
    Kaenor - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Btw venos dont buff clerics with bramble hood, kthx (learn to use too, before cast it).
    Im only buff peoples, if they asked it (im dont need any cry to dispel their precious effects of apoth items).
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Btw some venos dont buff clerics with bramble hood

Fixed it for you. I give bramble buffs to others.
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Fixed it for you. I give bramble buffs to others.
    You appear to have misunderstood. He's asking venos to NOT cast bramble on clerics. If the cleric has bramble up, and a mob goes after them, the mob will take reflect damage, making it MUCH harder for the tank to take aggro back (it'll take possibly several hits, instead of just one). Result? A dead cleric.

So please think twice before you "kindly" buff others. It's not always wanted.
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You can still always cast Bramble on solo Clerics, in that case they don't have a tank to steal aggro from anyway... b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yes on a RARE occasion when we buff you we may have overridden your hp/mp regen apothecary item you are using..but that ONLY lasts for 10 minutes.
    No, it's unfortunately not rare at all. I have this happen all the time. As weird as it sounds, I've become conditioned to run away from all approaching green dots for fear that they might be a Cleric!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary
    _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Sigh this thread is basically ppl qqing about some clerics TRYING to be nice/helpfull!!! Yes on a RARE occasion when we buff you we may have overridden your hp/mp regen apothecary item you are using..but that ONLY lasts for 10 minutes. Chances are you didn't just use it...Asking us to ask ppl BEFORE we buff them..umm ain't gonna happen. There's many times I'm doing world quest and I'll stop/get off my mount just to buff people as I go buy (which just makes it take longer for me). Even if they DID have buffs it will now be extended 30 mins (nonsquad buffs). It's one of the benefits we as clerics get; randomly buffing people. 99% of the people I buff thank me for it and I move on to the next person/where I was headed in the 1st place. Every class learns how to survive without our buffs but if a friendly cleric happens by to buff them it makes a big difference for the next 30 mins for them. If you think I'm gonna ask the 30-50+ ppl a day I randomly buff if they want my buffs before I cast them; yah it ain't gonna happen in this lifetime.

I have to agree completely there. I have a friend who has left the game but when he was still here he was known as Noobking by his friends because he would spend hours doing nothing but buffing random people. If you don't like a cleric buff overriding your apoth powder buff because they didn't pm you, then don't use powders. Learn to live with your own buffs and be grateful if someone buffs you because they can. If you NEED someone else's buffs or powder buffs, either get a reset note or play a different class. Sorry to anyone who doesn't like me saying to get over it, but that's how I feel, so just get over it if I did upset you.
    Disclaimer

I hereby absolve myself from all responsibilities from damage incurred, loss of life, and severe mental retardation from trying to read and/or understand my posts. Please do not come to me about these problems or I shall be forced to stab you with a dull wooden spoon. Enjoy your day. =D
  • Hecatrice - Heavens Tear
    Hecatrice - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Um, sorry but is this a thread where some ppl do not want cleric buffs? And the reason is an apothecary item? So, on another topic, they flame the clerics about the ress spell and here, they ask not to buff them.

So, if I get it right, no buffs 'coz of an apothecary item.. so no ress because you will all start buying ressurection scrolls? it's a merchant item!

I think you should thank all clerics not in your friend lists, that they are completely strangers to you, spending some time and mana to help you along with your grinding or quests. I do that and not even one has ever complained. I do not see the purpose of this topic.

All those who support 'No buffs, apothecary item', then they should also support 'No ress, ressurection scroll'. That's fair for everyone I think.

I hope you all have great time in PW! See ya in game.
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Um, sorry but is this a thread where some ppl do not want cleric buffs? And the reason is an apothecary item? So, on another topic, they flame the clerics about the ress spell and here, they ask not to buff them.

So, if I get it right, no buffs 'coz of an apothecary item.. so no ress because you will all start buying ressurection scrolls? it's a merchant item!

I think you should thank all clerics not in your friend lists, that they are completely strangers to you, spending some time and mana to help you along with your grinding or quests. I do that and not even one has ever complained. I do not see the purpose of this topic.

All those who support 'No buffs, apothecary item', then they should also support 'No ress, ressurection scroll'. That's fair for everyone I think.

I hope you all have great time in PW! See ya in game.

i think the main point is not for cleric to not buff people, but for cleric to not RANDOMLY buff people. dont go buffing someone already with buffs since it might overwrite better buffs or better items using the same type of affect. feel free to keep buffing people who dont have any type of buffs on.

as for the "no ress ressurection scrolls", usually people ask for a res if they do its the clerics choice to do it or not, but in the case of the buff, people are complaining that cleric buff them when not asked and because of that overwrote their better buffs. there is a major difference between helping someone when asked or forcing your help on someone.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    firstly if you need apothecary items to kill normal mobs you suck.

secondly if your killing slitt or mantavip chances are there won't be a random cleric there buffing people.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Methuseleh - Lost City
    Methuseleh - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    This has never happened to me. I never been buffed over by a cleric. and i think if a cleric is trying to help u out its a good thing. so what, if u lost one life powder. Does it really happen to u that much that u need to cry about it in the forum?
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yes it happens to me all the time. It is not appreciated. My potion buffs (superior to the cleric buffs) cost me a fair bit of money. So the clerics who thoughtlessly buff without checking for already active buffs cost me money. The buffs they provide me with are pretty much useless.

As to the cleric who claimed a person who needs apothecary buffs must be no good....by the same logic why would you expect them to need the (inferior) cleric buffs?

The clerics who do not check for already active buffs are, in effect, DEBUFFING people.

Please stop DEBUFFING me, thoughtless clerics.

As to the clerics who check first and then buff....you are very kind cool-cats.

I have noticed that many people who are against the ideas in this thread have a remarkable capacity for sidestepping what the thread-originator is actually saying.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    firstly if you need apothecary items to kill normal mobs you suck.
    Life Powder is basically "Invulnerability Powder". I certainly don't need it, but for 10 minutes it means I can kill mobs in hyper-drive without worrying about getting double/triple-teamed or having my HP charm trigger.

Overall, I'd say I'm surprised by the number of people whose attitude is, "You're a jerk/idiot/loser if you complain about somebody actually hurting when they were trying to help," but I know better.

There's a small core of genuinely selfless people out there who are more concerned with actually helping others rather than making themselves feel good. They will want to know then they've actually hurt rather than helped because their motive is to genuinely be helpful.

But then there are those who just in it to make themselves feel good. They get indignant and self-righteous and insist that you must thank them no matter what for their unsolicited and harmful "help", all the while refusing to stop doing the harmful actions. The world is filled with such people, which is a pity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I bet you if we didn't buff any of you you would start to whine about it like another game I play a healer class in.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I bet you if we didn't buff any of you you would start to whine about it like another game I play a healer class in.
    Please don't buff me. No really, I can make it on my own. I'm gonna be a quarterback someday and rush for 1,000 yards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    In another mmorpg I play, there is an option to "turn off aid from other players." I daresay it could be useful here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Is it such a difficult thing for a cleric to check to see that she/he is buffing rather than debuffing? Any cleric truly wishing to be helpful would conduct this very simple procedure before offering their help.
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I know my buffs aren't good enough to actually help people and by the time they are I will be in the habit of not seeking out people to help.

I hope you brought enough powder for the rest of the class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss