Clerics Quit Debuffing Players!

Options
13»

Comments

• Fimbulvtr - Heavens Tear
    Fimbulvtr - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Let the lesson be learned my fellow clerics. Don't buff people and everyone is happy. They don't get their apoc herbs wasted and we don't to waste 8 seconds buffing them.

EVERYONE WINS b:laughb:laugh
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    This works both ways;

-clerics should pay attention to other players buffs. Simple as that, it only takes several clicks for us.

-those other players should not expect the cleric to read their minds and they should also pay attention. (aka; quite talkin non sense w/squad or fac or stare out into space at startup, you know whats coming next when a run or melee buff is starting) PM or tell them a good while before or just run away from the buff if your a slow typer.

We are clerics and we will try our best to make the buffs efficiently work. We are not your nannies.

As for random passby buffers, dont. Your just wasting mana.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    This works both ways;

-clerics should pay attention to other players buffs. Simple as that, it only takes several clicks for us.

-those other players should not expect the cleric to read their minds and they should also pay attention. (aka; quite talkin non sense w/squad or fac or stare out into space at startup, you know whats coming next when a run or melee buff is starting) PM or tell them a good while before or just run away from the buff if your a slow typer.

We are clerics and we will try our best to make the buffs efficiently work. We are not your nannies.

As for random passby buffers, dont. Your just wasting mana.

I agree. If I'm in a squad at the start of an fb run I try to tell the cleric not to give me hp/mp buffs. But if, in the usual confusion of such moments, I get buffed I don't mind too much. I know in a squad of 6 people all talking and buffing its hard to keep track of things.

Its the random "passerby" debuffs that I dont like since I use focus powder as an important part of my grinding/questing (with focus powder I dont need a charm, never buy potions and sell all potion drops). If I get a cleric mp buff I usually stop my activity until it wears off.
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i havent even read the entire 4 pages of this thread (its mind-numbing the amount of rambling people do on this forum, or maybe just a TON of ppl that have things to say.. either way i dont like reading FOREVER in one thread)

my two cents:
    if you see someone has the blue dude (recovering MP) but not the red dude (recovering HP) then they're definitely using at least the 50mp/sec remedy.

the solution: if you see someone that has any of a particular buff - DONT hit them with that buff from your arsenal. lol. its simple as that.

having read this, i'll be checking ppl's buffs before i buff them and if i see only the lil red dude (which would at least be chaos powder) i'll just hit 'em with vanguard spirit, magic shell and spirit's gift (if they dont already have those). the chaos powder wasnt ruined and i've helped them in some way by increasing their defenses and magic attack.

thats how i would do things. and if someone notices the defenses pop up on their character's info and they want me to buff over w/e their hp/mp recov thing is because perhaps its about to run out or they want the other one too and can pop another chaos powder... then they can whisper me and ask for celestial guardian's seal. when i jus randomly give out buffs i'm not lookin to havta whisper everyone i randomly come across to ask them "do you want ____ too"? let them whisper if they want something not given lol.

i know when i hit 30, it sure would tick me off even if someone with a high lvl celestial guardian seal came along and buffed over my +1-2 hp recov from my own celestial guardian seal and +50hp/sec MP recovery from whichever powder it is. i might really be needing that 50mp/sec and the person just traded my powder for their 10mp/sec.

so as a general rule of thumb:
    1) just dont redo any buff someone already has
    2) if ur too lazy to have a line for buffs so you can access them individually and only have a macro to buff, just dont buff someone who already has anything :)
    (yes macros are nice and i use 'em to, but later on when i have more than vanguard and magic shell, i'll probably have a seperate line for individual buff access without opening skills page lol)

jus dont buff over something that already exists for now, and it would be EXCELLENT if they would program it to where the stronger buff prevails unless its about to expire
    (but another thought i just had about that would be if someone has lv10 CSG on 'em and they need something rebuffed, you wouldnt be able to until it expired... this could get kinda complicated rather quick)
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172