Best Pk Solo Character?

Comments

• Gunblaster - Sanctuary
    Gunblaster - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Veno with purge as said above and bee or phonix kicks ur ****.
    I got owned a few times at lvl 30~38 but now well:

- Nobody wants to face a barbarian. Its a waste.
    - Lvl 50+ with hp charm its hard to pass.

Since lvl 50 i died 2 times for pk, one to an archer, he froze me then attacked me+mob = dead, last time was last week bm+cleric got stunt like 8 times and the charm was over..b:cry

i like clerics and wizards for pk. i have a 39 wiz thats kills 50 bms LOL
    as for clerics their seals are great, iam getting killed put in to sleep then heal then charge again

i agree...barb with charm would be rlly annoying to kill but then again isnt any class? barbs maybe harder becuz they got so much hp
    but heres the thing every class has their own adavantage, and i think everyone agrees there.
    i guess its just how you like to play
  • kalibur
    kalibur Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    im lvl 43 "only" i realized to kill a veno lvl 51 kill its pet and owner at same timeb:chuckle.........Oh yes i Aoe with Dragons breath remove 4/5 of the venos life!!! But i died coz the veno run away before she died during duel
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    kalibur wrote: »
    im lvl 43 "only" i realized to kill a veno lvl 51 kill its pet and owner at same timeb:chuckle.........Oh yes i Aoe with Dragons breath remove 4/5 of the venos life!!! But i died coz the veno run away before she died during duel

>.< you do realize they talking about pk not duels b:chuckle .
  • Hudini - Heavens Tear
    Hudini - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I love all the low level input on pvp, im learning, fast....*jots down more notes*

As with barbs with charms, fight one with about 14k health and tell me if you can solo it.
    i agree...barb with charm would be rlly annoying to kill but then again isnt any class? barbs maybe harder becuz they got so much hp
    but heres the thing every class has their own adavantage, and i think everyone agrees there.
    i guess its just how you like to play
    And whats the wizards advantage?

Veno-pet
    barb-life
    archer-mass dmg, high evasion
    BM-Stuns galore
    cleric-Self heal, plume shell, plume shot
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Wizards have major damage skills and blink. I personally dont think robe Wizard is good since archers (same lvl) can just regular shoot you to death >.> even with your earth barrier. Archer and Wizards just think of them as glass cannons. They can do some major damage but cant take much.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I can't say the veno would be doing it right if they were a heavy build under level 80. Not enough stats for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    kalibur wrote: »
    Because that's such a totally unfair tactic, running out of a mage's AoE surrounding them.
  • Gunblaster - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    I can't say the veno would be doing it right if they were a heavy build under level 80. Not enough stats for it.

im doing pretty good, of course im not as good at pve but i dont mind that much
    its rlly gonna suk when i need to get tt weapon b:cry
    I love all the low level input on pvp, im learning, fast....*jots down more notes*

As with barbs with charms, fight one with about 14k health and tell me if you can solo it.

Veno-pet
    barb-life
    BM-Stuns galore

Veno-pet
    barb-life
    BM-Stuns galore
    cleric-Self heal, plume shell, plume shot[/QUOTE]

i felt as though i forgot something (dont mind me copying and editting wat u already wrote)
    Veno-pet/debuff
    barb-life,and more hp
    BM-Stuns galore, AOE!!!!!(if axe blade) or range phy attack (if pole bm) can remeber others
    wizard - physical hit and magical, prob the highest Mdamage class
  • Xtrememirage - Heavens Tear
    Xtrememirage - Heavens Tear Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    every1 seems to say archers r prolly the best pvp...
    The name's Xtreme! b:victory
    Not Extreme! b:angry
    Get it right! b:thanks
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Pure Dex archers - crit hit like mad,evasion like mad, if you put your shard sn gear right at a high lvl ull have a nice ammount of hp..

BMs are ok i guess cuz of stuns

wizards high damage .. but you get 1-2 shot by everyone..

venos dont pk plz yall fail even with phoenix ur a target rite off the bat

barbs unno high hp poor accuracy n poor damage

clerics sure w.e go ahead n try to tempest us all..before u get 1 shot

BMs,Wizards,Pure dex archers - best

but archers best over all id say
  • Untamedchaos - Sanctuary
    Untamedchaos - Sanctuary Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Barbs ftw, If they have an hp charm and are the pure tanker build it takes one hell of a good mage or cleric or about 12 melee attackers to kill. And it's not true that our damage sucks >_> Blademaster hardly do any higher
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] With a .25x multiplier = 423520 regular

Booyah.
  • KarmaXIce - Sanctuary
    KarmaXIce - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I say full dex archer or veno is perfect for solo pking. Wizard solo pking is bad idea, light or robe. Light live longer but its a tough battle to get barbs before they charm tick, ive taken damage from a level hmmm 75-77 archer and lived for maybe 30 seconds before his crits stacked and owned me (most shots fired from his max range), guessing hes not full dex. Robes dont even try to kill archers that know your there please, your wasting time, charm and angels.

Im more for group pvp anyway. But not ridiculous "sanctuary pvp" of 4 guilds banding together in secret passage doing 10 vs 1s on anyone thats not within their guilds if they're in pk mode. Damn what fun is "pvp" on sanctuary if everyone always gathers in one spot, and all the highest levels are friends. And their only enemies their own level are too afraid to come fight :) (sucks when lvl 60s gotta do the job of lvl 70-80+s)

Venos I dislike with a passion, just too easy to play. I got tired of being a boring **** cleric, so the only 3 classes I will play are light armor wizard, archer, and/or blademaster. Hate the way barbs look, no customization whatsoever......Venos female only? <_< im getting off topic here.
    AndromedaB :"i was just wondering why the will of the phoenix doesn't work in duels"b:bye
  • Xxwarxx - Lost City
    Xxwarxx - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Barbarians have high hp, decent damage, and decent accuracy with bloodbath and accuracy shards. After 70 they just dont die with a charm, it would take more than one archer/mage to kill them. Thats only if they stay far away though. If we can get to them then they're dead and we win. It also depends on build, dont put any in magic and thats about all you need to know. I'm 66 with 151 vit, thats mroe than a tank build yet i still have 55 dex
    Forsakenx gunna make mine so be patient =)b:kiss
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You have to put in account that clerics and archers are the only classes with magic + physical damage
    well theres always the barbarians firestorm but that aint exactly flashy.

so if your weakness is physical damage, cleric/archer be feard
    if your weakness is magical damage, cleric/archer be feard again

You can't put into account a stun winning a match every class has a stun, instead you have to look at damage out put and survivability

Archers and clerics have very high damage output and with their shell their survivability is good they are well rounded

Wizards have a better damage output but nothing to really make their survivability good they are not well rounded.

Barbarians have the best survivability but the truth being their damage is the lowest they are not well rounded

Venomancers I don't know a tonn about but they are really good at dueling especially in fox form only a cleric can come anywhere near standing upto a heavy veno with a pheonix (from what a level 75 HA veno told me) but to my experience (walk over robed venos)

Blademaster are 50/50 they can duel pretty nifty damage but their hp lacks to that of a barbarian I have 2 hitted many bms they can't do magical damage they are not well rounded

So what I am trying to point out is every class has a weakness, that weakness will be physical or magical, Clerics and archers have Physical/Magical attacks.

a side question: who would win a panda or a panda?
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear
    ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    just cuz barbs don't die doesn't mean they are decent at pk cuz their damg is still horrible and can't kill fast enough to be a effective solo pk character. It is very hard for a barb to pk you even if your not paying attention cuz they lack the spike damage to kill you quickly. You charm will protect you long enough for you to fly, regain hp and fight back. Doing "decent" damage doesn't warrant a barb to be a effective solo pker.
  • Xxwarxx - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    that still doesnt answer the question Xxwarxx...

also venos skills are focused on 1vs1
    all their skills help to weaken the target then kill it quickly
    i dont think they would be good against multiple targets but i havent tried so i wouldnt no

Sigh. Look in 1v1 there is no winner w.o pots and no winnder with pots. Does it matter? Whoever won ='s pro. If the other used apoth pots and died then hes fail period. 90% of the time I dont even use pots. I only do so if they're higher level then me. and 66 soloing 78s even with apoth pots = pro, though now i have plenty of hp and i dont even need to use apoth anymore except for speed pots to catch the archers that RUN and shoot. Kiting = 6 meters away and shoot, not 20000000000 meters away and shoot. I recover my health by the time they shoot again.
  • Xxwarxx - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    just cuz barbs don't die doesn't mean they are decent at pk cuz their damg is still horrible and can't kill fast enough to be a effective solo pk character. It is very hard for a barb to pk you even if your not paying attention cuz they lack the spike damage to kill you quickly. You charm will protect you long enough for you to fly, regain hp and fight back. Doing "decent" damage doesn't warrant a barb to be a effective solo pker.

Also, Barbarians hit like what 100-200 less than BMs? BMs do die in PvP Barbs dont. I'd take the 100-200 less and live long enough to kill other person than hit higher and die in 15 secs.
  • Dazels - Lost City
    Dazels - Lost City Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    1:venomancer
    2:Venomancer
    3:venomancer
    4:archer
    5:Werebeast
    Ooo I know lets roll pvp server so i can QQ about pking...

Loving Cyprus the weather is Hot the women are Hot and the beer is cold b:victory
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Also, Barbarians hit like what 100-200 less than BMs? BMs do die in PvP Barbs dont. I'd take the 100-200 less and live long enough to kill other person than hit higher and die in 15 secs.

Wr can stunlock someone if they know what they're doing
    1:Phoenix
    2:Phoenix
    3:Phoenix
    4:Phoenix
    5:Heavy Mage

fixed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • acidstorm
    acidstorm Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ughhhh.. either an Archer or Cleric. It's a fact whoever says otherwise is surely a fan of that character.. Let me explain things =o

90+: Hierogram versus hierogram, decent equipment versus decent equipment -->

-WB have survivability and lack accuracy and they barely even hit an archer or a WR unless you get a decent accuracy with equipment and they go down against magic classes. If you have enough accuracy then Average-Good PK character

-WR itself is MUCH better than a WB even with lower HP.. their damage backs it up.. but they still receive a LOT of magic damage and they have accuracy issues often unless you get enough accuracy to dominate. Average-Good PK character.

-MG just sux.nuff said. High output damage.. 1 or 2 shots to die unless you're a LA but your damage is lower that way.. It's okay as long as you keep distance and dont let them touch you. Can 1hit though. Low-Average PK character

-WF ughh.. yet again I do not know why every keeps and keeps putting them SO HIGH on top.. They are mages with MUCH lower damage output and pet is useless to classes who can stun. Low-Average PK character

-EA is purely made for PKing and PvP. You don't even have to worry winning against melee, they often miss you and you have good running and defense abilities to tank a bit. High damage output.Can 1 hit. Best PK character

-EP is also a very good PK and PvP character. Your survivability is much better than that of an EA. You have debuffs which allow you to damage your enemy for a LOT more. You are simply better than a MG, PvP and PvE way. Can 1 hit often. Hard to play without a Plume Shell which is crucial for any kind of PvP. Best PK character.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ok I'm bored, lets break this down
    acidstorm wrote: »
    Ughhhh.. either an Archer or Cleric. It's a fact whoever says otherwise is surely a fan of that character.. Let me explain things =o

-WB have survivability and lack accuracy and they barely even hit an archer or a WR unless you get a decent accuracy with equipment and they go down against magic classes. If you have enough accuracy then Average-Good PK character

How many people do you know that can beat a WB's hiero solo when they have 12k+ hp? Not to mention if they want to survive just a little bit they just go tiger form and get even more HP. Also, with normal 90+ equips (mold rings) and bloodbath, a werebeast has decent accuracy, and a good couple hits will take down an archer. They also usually carry zerk axes, and have the survivability to wait for them to proc.

-WR itself is MUCH better than a WB even with lower HP.. their damage backs it up.. but they still receive a LOT of magic damage and they have accuracy issues often unless you get enough accuracy to dominate. Average-Good PK character.

Talking about WR in pvp without mentioning stuns? their stuns are much more impressive than their damage

-MG just sux.nuff said. High output damage.. 1 or 2 shots to die unless you're a LA but your damage is lower that way.. It's okay as long as you keep distance and dont let them touch you. Can 1hit though. Low-Average PK character

LA damage is not that much lower. Its not a big enough difference to count them out in pvp.

-WF ughh.. yet again I do not know why every keeps and keeps putting them SO HIGH on top.. They are mages with MUCH lower damage output and pet is useless to classes who can stun. Low-Average PK character

Have you fought a 9x phoenix ever? How can you count out the pet? That's at least half the damage, especially against LA and robe classes. Also, they only class who can wipe out buffs, meaning they weaken the other person like30% right off the bat.

-EA is purely made for PKing and PvP. You don't even have to worry winning against melee, they often miss you and you have good running and defense abilities to tank a bit. High damage output.Can 1 hit. Best PK character

Archer is going to tank a melee? Your evasion isn't that perfect, and lots of people carry accuracy pots. Also, if they rush in and you're tanking at melee range, you're not going to be doing any damage to a heavy armor user.Can 1 hit with crits of the right skills, but can also be very squishy

-EP is also a very good PK and PvP character. Your survivability is much better than that of an EA. You have debuffs which allow you to damage your enemy for a LOT more. You are simply better than a MG, PvP and PvE way. Can 1 hit often. Hard to play without a Plume Shell which is crucial for any kind of PvP. Best PK character.

Clerics aren't so tough. Especially since most clerics on the server suck at pvp. Also get eaten alive by fox's pets. Clerics beat mages yes, but they die to anything else fairly easily.

I mean, you know something about the classes, but you're missing some stuff in your rankings. Gear does make a huge difference, and player skill (for some classes).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gunblaster - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009

wow ur missing so much information bout these classes
    also its is misleading...
    pet dont do damage... LOL
    thats a lie pet can rack up damage, more than u think
    and how is WB average good they can be, if timed right, the best class
    heard of STUN LOCK??
    EP best char for PK, another lie. they r good as long as they have buff
    without they r useless, expect for healing... (no offense clerics)
  • acidstorm
    edited February 2009
    Does sarcasm hurt ? :/

For PK with very good gear later on: MG or EA.. or WF if he gets a pwnage pet.
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    EP only good at PVP when they have both hieros on and maxed plume shell
    from there on they're own xD
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Does sarcasm hurt ? :/

For PK with very good gear later on: MG or EA.. or WF if he gets a pwnage pet.

let me rephrase -.-
    Range own all
  • acidstorm
    edited February 2009
    let me rephrase -.-
    Range own all

Otherwise every character can PK well if he knows what's he doing but mainly yeah.. range owns all except if the target outtanks you and strikes back ;P

Classes here are balanced.
  • kimiru
    kimiru Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ever see good one in action?

average-good? my **** 2 shots to mage

sux? ever seen them own WR and WB?

ever heard of phoenix? and debuff?
  • ananya
    ananya Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Veno's are good
    b:cute b:cute b:cute
  • nothjingrad
    nothjingrad Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The only class that I don't recognize as a solid PVP class is a Venomancer.
    Their Phoenix doesn't do THAT much against a Barb or a Warrior. They can only run away from them once they get into range. Otherwise, they get stun-locked and killed, all the while largely ignoring the Pet.

Elf Archers can kill a Venomancer before the Phoenix even reaches it!
    Clerics are much the same.

I've never actually seen a heated battle between a Mage and a Venomancer before, so I can't say in that regard.

But in my opinion, a Venomancer is solidly ground in PVE combat.
  • Jacim - Heavens Tear
    Jacim - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Haha, lol you want to know whats funny about that? I have faced heavy venos, I have had someone use purge but want to know whats called after that? apoth pots + charm = death to anything and everything, and ive fought light armor and robe, therefore learn who i am and what i have done before you try to talk to me like a noob.

Ease off your e-peen a bit bud. See yah on harshlands -.^
    Late-start + Late-bloomer on HT server
    Switching to PvP for fun and the chance to be top50b:victory
    Harshlands class & IGN: Barbarian / Thor
    Please don't take my name? If so I will be forced to gank you for the rest of your time on the server b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.