Venomancers are overpowered?

otium
otium Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
I hear so many complaints about venos everyday, if they're so overpowered and so much better than all the other classes in every aspects whats stoping you from switching over to playing veno instead??
i have a lv85 archer and a lv80 veno with phoenix and herc, my veno's just for farming hh
and i've never found any problems with venos in pvp as an archer, if you sneak up on them they get killed before they can react, if they attack you first, use some apoc pots (charm tick + absorb 3000 damage pots should definitely save u from bleed unless u're in air against a lv95 nix) and you still kill them with ease, if they bramble just use a speed pill and run for 15 secs and come back to kill the veno.
now if u wanna say oh my class cant make money or whatever ****, spend $200 and get a herc, make a veno alt and use it for hh farming, you can start more than one character on each account you know?
thats what im doing and im happy with my cash inflows
you should be able to solo squad mode 1-2 at lv80 or so with decent channel gears,
levelling a veno to lv70's shouldnt take more than 4 weeks if u do cube ever since lv50 (which is much easier comparing to other classes), i believe i got both my main and veno to lv70+ in 5 weeks time by doing quests cube and daily on both everyday
Post edited by otium on

Comments

• Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Although I agree with you 110%. Is making yet another Veno thread while we have numerous like this going already, really necessary?

/sigh

I love this game, I'm really getting to hate it's forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Maganda_loto - Sanctuary
    Maganda_loto - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    why is it that on every game i have played there is always complaints about an "over powered" class? do you actually start playing games just to complain? i know i didnt =P. anyway, i say quit complaining and party the "over powered" veno and get faster exp. if you want to pvp a veno just make sure you are stronger than them and dont whine whe you lose =P.
  • scionofchaos
    scionofchaos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    why is it that on every game i have played there is always complaints about an "over powered" class?

Each class has their own stregths and weaknesses. Yes, this has been said countless times before so shut up and let me finish. Most of the reasons people complain, except the solo TT runs that no other class can do, are caused by the fact
    1) they are lazy. Related to point 2
    2) they lack the inteligence to think of a plan to get around the pet
    3) they are a loner and are upset you don't have someone who is always beside you
    4) they have someone with a lot of pull has an army of venos hunting you in every corner of PW. Blame Fate, luck, or the fact that you should not have said those things about the guys mother.
    5) they are "overpowered" and keep making us look bad. Yay new changes. What the Hell are you talking about? I'm not the new overpowered class! YOU CAN'T PROVE ANYTHING!
    Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
    Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
    Do not walk beside me, This twisted road I must walk alone
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    otium wrote: »
    I hear so many complaints about venos everyday, if they're so overpowered and so much better than all the other classes in every aspects whats stoping you from switching over to playing veno instead??
    i have a lv85 archer and a lv80 veno with phoenix and herc, my veno's just for farming hh
    and i've never found any problems with venos in pvp as an archer, if you sneak up on them they get killed before they can react, if they attack you first, use some apoc pots (charm tick + absorb 3000 damage pots should definitely save u from bleed unless u're in air against a lv95 nix) and you still kill them with ease, if they bramble just use a speed pill and run for 15 secs and come back to kill the veno.
    now if u wanna say oh my class cant make money or whatever ****, spend $200 and get a herc, make a veno alt and use it for hh farming, you can start more than one character on each account you know?
    you should be able to solo squad mode 1-2 at lv80 or so with decent channel gears,
    levelling a veno to lv70's shouldnt take more than 4 weeks if u do cube ever since lv50 (which is much easier comparing to other classes), i believe i got both my main and veno to lv70+ in 5 weeks time by doing quests cube and daily on both everyday

I am playing on a veno now as my alt lol
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixentriel - Heavens Tear
    Vixentriel - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Why dont they stop complaining and notice that venos are barely wanted in partys etc and is the just good at soloing? -.-
  • godheadslament
    godheadslament Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Why dont they stop complaining and notice that venos are barely wanted in partys etc and is the just good at soloing? -.-

Venos are only outsiders in zhen parties. In instances like FBs and TT/HH you are essential. Wizards and Archers feel like the 5th wheel on that car in here.

Beside that, venos should just ignore all the whining about venos can solo TT, tame pets and are soo much easier so play. People are just pissed off by the phoenix and the bleed bug (which IS very overpowered in pvp) and this is why they look only on the many adantages of the veno and tend to demonise them.

The only thing that needs to be fixed is the bleed bug (and maybe the speed of the phoenix could be a bit lowered imho) but beside that the veno class is ok.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009

that is where you're so wrong. venos r very necessary for pulling mobs. its the archers that nobody wants...until maybe high lvl sharpened tooth. i don't want to tell u how many tt runs my faction ran where i got turned down cuz i was an archer and they were looking for another class. right now as we post they're doing another bloody tt and ironically, im not there cuz they needed a veno; they pulled a friend outside of faction to help.
  • Jitora - Lost City
    Jitora - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm not even going to touch upon the pvp aspects...but the hercules pet...It has become the preferred tank in many cases with alot of people, thereby causing Barbarians to be cast out from FBs, HH runs..and such. If they require a tank..its for very specific bosses, And then they try to replace us again. Because the Herc, costs less to have tank..and you can have another Damage dealer instead. Why must a class designed to tank, be cast out because of a veno pet ( however expensive it may be)
  • chipsing1234
    chipsing1234 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Here we go.
    You admit that lvling a veno is fast as "levelling a veno to lvl70's shouldnt take more than 4 weeks".
    "now if u wanna say oh my class cant make money or whatever ****, spend $200 and get a herc, make a veno alt and use it for hh farming, you can start more than one character on each account you know? "
    Haha, very good. That's exactly what my guide said to do.
    Oh, you only use your veno for farming TT. That way you don't have to find a squad, take forever to gather your mats due to dividing them among the squad each time, and you can even sell the ones you don't need.
    Thank you for supporting my original points entirely.
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    A level 100 WB vs 100 fox, I'll put my money on the WB...
    Same for light mage and warriors. (keeping in mind they deleted bramble basically)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Powermind - Lost City
    Powermind - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    why so many veno overpower post QQ
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    why so many veno overpower post QQ

It's the latest fad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ren - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    It's the latest fad.

and the dumbest one. why arent people crying about tanks dealing as much damage or more than squishies?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• godheadslament
    godheadslament Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    and the dumbest one. why arent people crying about tanks dealing as much damage or more than squishies?

Because Barbs don't deal more damage. They have a very very small chance (<1%) to do a double crit and thats it. Sure it sucks getting instakilled by a barb, but they can't neither control nor depend on double crits and thats why their crits are not imba. On the other side the Phoenix can control the bugged Ripping Bite/Flash Ream (sry, i don't know the name) and cast it every 20? seconds - and the bleed does more damage over time than a barb double crit.
  • Ren - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Because Barbs don't deal more damage. They have a very very small chance (<1%) to do a double crit and thats it. Sure it sucks getting instakilled by a barb, but they can't neither control nor depend on double crits and thats why their crits are not imba. On the other side the Phoenix can control the bugged Ripping Bite/Flash Ream (sry, i don't know the name) and cast it every 20? seconds - and the bleed does more damage over time than a barb double crit.

even without double critting barbs **** up squishies unless they run... eh, won't be killing many wbs or wrs when you can't stay in place to attack them because you die right away...

not even taking into considering the chance of a double crit - the +5-10% crit rate added on by berserk to melees is just completely ****.
    give mages berzerk weapons and ill stfu about melees.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Here we go.
    You admit that lvling a veno is fast as "levelling a veno to lvl70's shouldnt take more than 4 weeks".
    "now if u wanna say oh my class cant make money or whatever ****, spend $200 and get a herc, make a veno alt and use it for hh farming, you can start more than one character on each account you know? "
    Oh, you only use your veno for farming TT. That way you don't have to find a squad, take forever to gather your mats due to dividing them among the squad each time, and you can even sell the ones you don't need.
    Selective reading. He stated he got BOTH his Main and His Veno to lvl 70 in about 5 weeks.

Fail in reading comprehension much?

~S
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Selective reading. He stated he got BOTH his Main and His Veno to lvl 70 in about 5 weeks.

Fail in reading comprehension much?

~S

I love how you always add an insult after making an observation without giving the poster time to respond. Is that how you always argue? My main point there was that some venos claim it becomes difficult to level, but with this post it doesn't seem that way.
    I believe you have selective reading too. You didn't address my comments after that, about how he used his veno to solo TT for his mats. Hmm, I guess you just missed that part.
  • otium
    otium Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Here we go.

i've levelled both my archer and veno to lv70 in less than 5 weeks, and venos are much more annoying
    i do cube on both of them, venos get past boss maps easier i must admit, but you can just simply pay a few extra dice tickets, not a big deal

and my archer actually level much faster, with a exp scroll and a nice party i can easily farm 400k exp per hr, show me a veno who can do that =P

i cant do it on my own veno at least
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    i've levelled both my archer and veno to lv70 in less than 5 weeks, and venos are much more annoying
    i do cube on both of them, venos get past boss maps easier i must admit, but you can just simply pay a few extra dice tickets, not a big deal

and my archer actually level much faster, with a exp scroll and a nice party i can easily farm 400k exp per hr, show me a veno who can do that =P

i cant do it on my own veno at least

When do you pay dice tickets to get past Axis of Fate?
    So you as an archer can level faster than a veno. That's great, I already said that archers may put lvling into contention. By the way, how much are you using on that charm? And have you tried farming TT?
  • Xxwarxx - Lost City
    Xxwarxx - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yay another noob that has to spend $200 dollars on a game to get anywhere. I am 15 years old, and yet I act like a 22 year old. I never use money in something that isn't real life, and yet before i got ****, nobody my level with pheonix or not could beat me. Also the day i see a fair fight between noob archer and noob veno with nix and the archer wins will be the day that i laugh and go perdition all the venomancers in the game just because they cant 1 hit me anymore.
    Forsakenx gunna make mine so be patient =)b:kiss
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Yay another noob that has to spend $200 dollars on a game to get anywhere. I am 15 years old, and yet I act like a 22 year old. I never use money in something that isn't real life, and yet before i got ****, nobody my level with pheonix or not could beat me. Also the day i see a fair fight between noob archer and noob veno with nix and the archer wins will be the day that i laugh and go perdition all the venomancers in the game just because they cant 1 hit me anymore.

Venos without phoenix are relatively easy to beat. With phoenix, all the veno has to do is kite with summer sprint. But once again, this is only one part of the argument...
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    He says he acts 22 yet his post state otherwize.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Xxwarxx - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    He says he acts 22 yet his post state otherwize.

Actually, I've heard a 33 year old barbarian player say the same thing. Therefore I guess that hes not married doesn't have 2 kids and a full time job?

Words dont describe age.

Actions do.

Any other smartaleck things to post?
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Words are just as loud as actions. Hard to take a person seriously when they are talking like a mad 13 year old. Words do desribe age it shows how mentally immature someone is.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Xxwarxx - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Words are just as loud as actions. Hard to take a person seriously when they are talking like a mad 13 year old. Words do desribe age it shows how mentally immature someone is.

Yeah of course, just like IQ. Since mine is 183 I guess that makes me what; in your opinion probably two years old since you will probably consider this as bragging. Also, to add, if words do describe age then you are mentally challenged. In both post I've seen words that need spellcheck.

Reply with more QQs?
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    So you know how to spell every word in the dictionary. IQ 183 doubt it. Just like a child immediataly going after a persons spelling and grammer. And oh wow I missed a c. Befor you start saying you act older then you are you might want to try and not act like a child on forums.

BTW it's not QQ when I'm sitting here laughing my **** off at you.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
    edited February 2009
    Pops corn,
    and grabs a beer.
    Sits down,
    and watches this hilarious back and forth lol. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Hey Foxx.b:laughb:laugh

And before you try BSing someone about IQ you might wanna find out a little more about IQ

IQ stands for intelligence quotient. Supposedly, it is a score that tells one how “bright” a person is compared to other people. The average IQ is by definition 100; scores above 100 indicate a higher than average IQ and scores below 100 indicate a lower that average IQ. Theoretically, scores can range any amount below or above 100, but in practice they do not meaningfully go much below 50 or above 150.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Xxwarxx - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    So you know how to spell every word in the dictionary. IQ 183 doubt it. Just like a child immediataly going after a persons spelling and grammer. And oh wow I missed a c. Befor you start saying you act older then you are you might want to try and not act like a child on forums.

If you are going to deny how someone acts before you even know them you might want to check again. I still see many grammatical errors. I will point them out again, and if you doubt anything it is your own fault. Doubt is what gets you killed in anything and everything. In game, if you doubt you can PK someone, you most likely won't be able to. If you doubt you can cross the road in time, say your prayers because that deisel won't be stopping. Also if you were more than 12 you would know not to start a sentence with "And". Though you can if you word it right, which you did not.

Reply more QQ's please. Also do you really think the words of an illiterate mentally-challenged person affects me? If you do then you fail horribly.
    edited February 2009
    Hello there! Need a beer? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle