Clerics Quit Debuffing Players!

Options
Artemis_Star - Sanctuary
Artemis_Star - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Look at the players enhancements before you buff. Your hurting not helping. Players that already have buff enhancements are most likely getting 50 point recovery per second and you are overwriting it with your 10 points per second. Kinda makes manufacturing powders useless.
Post edited by Artemis_Star - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just kill them... oh wait
    b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just kill them... oh wait
    it's a bit hard when they're higher level than you...and just got rid of your good buffs.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Greenjello - Sanctuary
    Greenjello - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Agreed. It takes too long to harvest and make those powders only to lose them 30 seconds after buffing because a well-meaning cleric hits you with a macro. Also, if you are depending on 50 or 100 point recovery per second, having it at 10 comes as a very rude shock.

Thanks for the buffs, but please check to see what you are doing.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I was just about to make a topic about this very subject when I saw this one. That happened to me last night. Was grinding for the last 10% or so of my exp bar and collecting drops to sell when I saw the usual set of cleric buffs being put on me. Although I didn't mind the magic attack increase, it was the mp regen one that ruined my herb (50 per second, by the way).

Usually, I'm good at conserving mana. My bronze mp charm has been almost max for about a month now. Only ticked twice so far, one of those times due to a "return to town" rez. Anyway, back on topic. I told the cleric "...thanks, although you messed up my mp regen herb". All he did was whisper to me "sorry" and went to another area.

I agree with greenjello. Clerics should look to see what buffs are already on someone before adding hp/mp regen on them. Better yet, they should ASK if you want their buffs innstead of forcing them on you.
  • Specgoesemo - Lost City
    Specgoesemo - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I hate nice people. Always trying to help out. They **** everything up right? b:chuckle
  • Purerap - Heavens Tear
    Purerap - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just started playing this game a couple weeks ago so not high enough to do the buffs but I know from playing other games if you already had a better buff or something that was higher/better than the buff that was trying to be appile it would fail. This almost sounds like a good sugestion for a change in the game to make it so the higher buff would stick/win out over the lower one.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I remember playing on Delphi with the 50 pt HP powder, and wondering why my life was dropping so rapidly and not coming back...it was really annoying when it got me killed. The chance of it being replaced by a worse buff is always in the back of my mind when using them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=200801

Copied to the Suggestion Box. Add your thoughts.
  • Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear
    Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I couldn't agree more my alt is a lvl 64 cleric. If a cleric clicks on the character in mind and sees they have buffs you DO NOT buff over their buffs. It negates what they originally had and by sight you have no idea the lvl cleric that buffed before you. If just have to get the urge to buff, please whisper the person and ask if they would like a rebuff. Even though mine are all the hour buffs, I never buff unless asked or in a FB or TT, and if I do happen to buff on the battle field, I always check first to see if the person has been buffed prior to me, if not then I will buff. Also learned something new, didn't realize some of our buffs didn't work well with pots players use. Another good reason to always ask before you do, hehe.....

Thanks,

Vanya
    [SIGPIC]shylael.net/guildpics/vsigfinal.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I randomly buff.. i do it constantly, it gives me that good feeling that is why i am a cleric... that said i DO NOT override someones buffs. i will stop open my skills and just buff with the ones they need singly if i see a any buff on them already.

I have myself had this happen on other charaters. I even i did it to myself as my cleric! I was clicking to change targets so fast i kept overriding my own buffs in TW b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    not saying that I agree with the clerics that are trying to help.. but rather than complaining about the clerics overriding buffs.. shouldn't we be complaining to the developers for not having the buffs stack?

I mean, if I use a focus powder (MP reco+50) and a cleric buffs me (MP reco+10) shouldn't I really have MP reco+60? it should be as easy as making powders give you a "different" buff or the cleric skill.. i.e. you get the blue mp regen icon from the powder and a different icon from the cleric buff

and yes, I know the kind of work involved in doing that.. I'm a programmer by trade.. that's why I suggested doing the cleric buff rather than the items.. because then you only have to do 1 change (to the skill) as opposed to changing every item involved
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Prewancker - Lost City
    Prewancker - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If you allow the buffs to stack, things can get very imbalanced. I'm sure that's not what you meant, but it's a funny thought. Imagine HP recovery +5000? Lol.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    What they need instead is a code that accepts only the best buff. Like...have all the possible buffs that cannot occur simultaneously have a priority number and make it so lower priority buffs cannot override better buffs. That why you won't get "unbuffed" and they won't stack to give you 5000 HP/sec (though that particular buff is known as ironheart XD)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    One more reason to not feel bad when people random buff me and then I kill them.
    The best is when they flag pink because i'm red and then they drop something
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I meant stacked as in the herb buffs and the cleric buffs work in conjunction with one another.. not that the cleric buffs stacked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Elezara - Sanctuary
    Elezara - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just started playing this game a couple weeks ago so not high enough to do the buffs but I know from playing other games if you already had a better buff or something that was higher/better than the buff that was trying to be appile it would fail. This almost sounds like a good sugestion for a change in the game to make it so the higher buff would stick/win out over the lower one.
    When I started playing in this game (I play a Cleric), I asked about this, and was repeatedly told by higher-level players, some of whom were themselves Clerics, that the lower-level buffs did NOT override the higher level buffs, and that in fact the higher level buffs would "stick". This first came up in an FB when there were two Clerics, and everyone asked me to buff them, even after the higher level Cleric had buffed them, because I had more buffs available, although I had them on a macro then (and also no one mentioned what happens with the "pots", which I failed to notice, too). I guess they didn't know that either ~

Hmmm, odd that so many people misunderstand this, so maybe PWI needs to take another look at this phenomenon and redo the code on the Cleric buff, as was mentioned above, so the higher level buffs stick.

BTW, now I always look to see what buffs people have on them, before I buff them with anything, and only do the marcobuff, if they have nothing. Thanks for the info, now I will ask if they are using potions, but so far no one has complained, and they thanked me, so I guess I didn't **** up anyone's pots. Thanks for the tips you guys!
    Elezara, the Directionally Dyslexic Cleric
    Go north.... NO Elezara! YOUR OTHER NORTH! Oh Gods you went South!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Saitada for the great sig!
  • Baraiai - Sanctuary
    Baraiai - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I hate nice people. Always trying to help out. They **** everything up right? b:chuckle

I second that. I'm a nice person but I learned far long ago that helping others usually is a bad thing XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ayreon - Lost City
    Ayreon - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Are you guys saying that the Celestial spell (+10mp/hp recovery rate) will negate the mana/hp gained from pots purchased from the Apothecary?
    NosVadumProspicioExFurtim
    -We shall Prosper With Stealth
  • Bandages - Sanctuary
    Bandages - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i know that can get annoying to replace a powder buff with the buff that we have. i learned this the hard way when i did it to one person a while back. since then, i've learned to always look at the buffs the person has already and give them the appropriate ones. i do have a macro buff but i will use one buff at a time to help the person, rather than annoy them.
  • Clovermead - Heavens Tear
    Clovermead - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Better yet why not make Perfect World like other games I've played where the cleric can only buff team/guild members...i don't mind and it seems like a good idea to me....

Although I do so enjoy random buffin peeps as i'm flyin above them..normally tho I do try to see if they already have buffs...although gettin abused for mistakes just isn't worth it. even when ya do say sorry
  • nivy
    nivy Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I always ask someone if he would like regain buff before I buff b:laugh
  • Daibar - Heavens Tear
    Daibar - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Better yet why not make Perfect World like other games I've played where the cleric can only buff team/guild members...i don't mind and it seems like a good idea to me....

That'd kill the fun for a lot of clerics out there. I take joy in random (careful) buffing. I have one time, accidentally buffed just as someone used their powder.
  • Clovermead - Heavens Tear
    Clovermead - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    your right..I do enjoy the random buffin as well...Although i do try to b careful of other buffs...
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Why buff at all, be evil dont buff no one b:chuckle
    b:dirty
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

While we are at it make it so you cant heal anyone but people in your party b:shutup
    I buff constantly there is tons of people who are running around without cleric buffs and id say 99% of them are very happy and thankful for the buffs, heck i even buff when i am on my veno everytime i pass a melee or anyone being ganged up on physically. I would be very angry if they took that ability away from me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • onyxknight
    onyxknight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I have yet to have that problem, because I buff no one but my faction mates(who expect it) and those that ask(sometimes). People complain when you help them worse then when you don't.
  • Kuschel - Lost City
    Kuschel - Lost City Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    How about fix the overlapping M.Def buff?

That'd be nice so mine doesn't run out mid HH and I die from AoE

QQ
    No hiding in room 32 NPC.

b:bye
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You didnt have the buffs to begin with before a max buff hit you..so stop QQing..learn to survive with your own classes buffs
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Sigh this thread is basically ppl qqing about some clerics TRYING to be nice/helpfull!!! Yes on a RARE occasion when we buff you we may have overridden your hp/mp regen apothecary item you are using..but that ONLY lasts for 10 minutes. Chances are you didn't just use it...Asking us to ask ppl BEFORE we buff them..umm ain't gonna happen. There's many times I'm doing world quest and I'll stop/get off my mount just to buff people as I go buy (which just makes it take longer for me). Even if they DID have buffs it will now be extended 30 mins (nonsquad buffs). It's one of the benefits we as clerics get; randomly buffing people. 99% of the people I buff thank me for it and I move on to the next person/where I was headed in the 1st place. Every class learns how to survive without our buffs but if a friendly cleric happens by to buff them it makes a big difference for the next 30 mins for them. If you think I'm gonna ask the 30-50+ ppl a day I randomly buff if they want my buffs before I cast them; yah it ain't gonna happen in this lifetime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Sigh this thread is basically ppl qqing about some clerics TRYING to be nice/helpfull!!! Yes on a RARE occasion when we buff you we may have overridden your hp/mp regen apothecary item you are using..but that ONLY lasts for 10 minutes. Chances are you didn't just use it...Asking us to ask ppl BEFORE we buff them..umm ain't gonna happen. There's many times I'm doing world quest and I'll stop/get off my mount just to buff people as I go buy (which just makes it take longer for me). Even if they DID have buffs it will now be extended 30 mins (nonsquad buffs). It's one of the benefits we as clerics get; randomly buffing people. 99% of the people I buff thank me for it and I move on to the next person/where I was headed in the 1st place. Every class learns how to survive without our buffs but if a friendly cleric happens by to buff them it makes a big difference for the next 30 mins for them. If you think I'm gonna ask the 30-50+ ppl a day I randomly buff if they want my buffs before I cast them; yah it ain't gonna happen in this lifetime.

I dont want your buffs..ur hands been places