V day Pendant. Awesome or terrible?

Options
Isaphet - Heavens Tear
Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
I've been looking at the Valentines Sweet Pendant with some very mixed feeling, though a lot of excitment. At first glance it appears that it is practically useless, +1 on basically every stat, pfft! However what about when you refine it? If you take that pendant to +5 refinement level, what kind of stats will we be looking at?

Obviously unrefined it is terrible, but does it get better and better relatively as the refinement level goes up? If you matched that pendant at +12 refinement against a level 90 legendary at +12 refinement, which would be better?

Anyway, throw your thoughts out there, discuss!
Post edited by Isaphet - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Refinement doesn't change stat bonuses.
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I thought that was the case on all but belts and necklaces.

When you refine a protection belt, it increases phy res. Refine an elemental belt and increases evasion etc.

Are you 100% sure about what you said and do you have any evidence? So far all the evidence has suggested to me that it does increase its stat bonus on belts and necklaces. I'm happy to be wrong, just want to be sure about things before I write them off.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I thought that was the case on all but belts and necklaces.

When you refine a protection belt, it increases phy res. Refine an elemental belt and increases evasion etc.

Are you 100% sure about what you said and do you have any evidence? So far all the evidence has suggested to me that it does increase its stat bonus on belts and necklaces. I'm happy to be wrong, just want to be sure about things before I write them off.

You could always refine it once to see.

Just sayin', don't shoot me, or I'll...

I'll.....use mah lazerz on this cute kitten!

*holds kitten hostage*

HEY WHO TURNED MY KITTEN INTO A LION??

*runs from the mad lion*

AHHHHHHHH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lmfao

Yeah, I was going to just refine it once and see what happened if nooone had info here. Hopefully someone comes up with the goods :)
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    imo it seems so useless it has to be useful for something... if that makes any sense whatsoever... I mean what lv 40+ would use that on purpose?
  • nuclearbomba
    nuclearbomba Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    xD i'd like to know what's good abt the belt. b:pleased
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Refine an elemental belt and increases evasion etc.
    Refining a magical belt increases M.Def, a dodge one increases evasion.

You do bring up a good point though, would be interesting to find out.
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just checked over the belt again and it does say its an elemental belt, so I guess refining it will just increase its evasion. I might still give it a +1 just to be sure though, it just seems.... enticing.
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    refining is level based to start with, meaning a lvl 40 belt wont suddenly refine to some uber pro belt.

what im interested in is what options the belt has. remember the 3% exp items were also lvl 40, so its gonna be some decent options like that i hope.
  • Kiralia - Sanctuary
    Kiralia - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Got the pendants now and bf tried to refine it to check...they cannot be refined.
  • randykweh
    randykweh Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i got mine.. got str, dex, vit and magic +1 also exp +2% X 2.. so not that bad i guess
  • LogiK - Lost City
    LogiK - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I thought it was nice to get 4% xp gains on a equipment. If you really think about it the compair its minimal as far as stats but oh well. Xp is always nice though!!!!b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:victoryWe are the center. Noone can change this!b:victory
  • Miss_Seducer - Heavens Tear
    Miss_Seducer - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I feel for anyone who recently bought a headless horsemens amulet. I know this one doesnt have any real resists but it certainly devalues that item one hell of a lot by having 4% exp on it. Really, when grinding you dont need great resists anyway.
  • LogiK - Lost City
    LogiK - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Exactly my point. I beleive it alone was worth the pain of the rose garden. Sorta!b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:victoryWe are the center. Noone can change this!b:victory
  • Desdemonaaa - Lost City
    Desdemonaaa - Lost City Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i really wish it could be refined...

you should prob just put it on while
    grinding & off when fighting harder
    mobs where ya need res & whatnot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fbkillr
    fbkillr Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    for how much time will the accounts of players who lured jewel to rose garden will be banned. pls tell me i m totally depressed as my two accounts (kashayap and kkashyap) have been banned. Some players told me to lure jewel and some said no. So i lured jewel few times and then stopped. I did that as i was not knowing that luring boses to garden will bann the account. If i was knowing it then i hvnt done that. Please acceplt my apologies and enable my account b:surrenderb:cryb:beg
  • Ceaseer - Heavens Tear
    Ceaseer - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    fbkillr wrote: »
    for how much time will the accounts of players who lured jewel to rose garden will be banned. pls tell me i m totally depressed as my two accounts (kashayap and kkashyap) have been banned. Some players told me to lure jewel and some said no. So i lured jewel few times and then stopped. I did that as i was not knowing that luring boses to garden will bann the account. If i was knowing it then i hvnt done that. Please acceplt my apologies and enable my account b:surrenderb:cryb:beg

I hope you have a perma ban and IP block from making any new accounts. We do not need people like you around, griefing other people.

No sympathy from me! Good job GMs!
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    fbkillr wrote: »

HA, so if some players told you to lure Jewel it simply *must* be ok to do it a few times. Enjoy your ban.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Ellieshay - Sanctuary
    Ellieshay - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hi all. did anyone notice that the stats are now in Malaysian? i wonder if they still say the same thing (+4% exp)
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    Cosmos - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The big difference between the HH set and the V. Day equip is that the HH equips each give +105HP and +70P.Def. This is pretty handy at lower levels, and the +6% exp from both equips combined isn't anything to scoff at.

I'll probably always keep my HH set so I can switch to it when grinding. Losing the +105HP isn't worth gaining an extra +1% exp, imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    in reality, +3% or even +4% is so unnoticeable that selling it to suckers who think it looks nice is the only way to go. let's put it this way:

you kill mob a. mob a is an elite monster that spawns once an hour, giving you a whopping 1,000 exp. now, let's assume you killed mob a using any combination of the exp event items, say you have the best of the 2, you'd get +7%. ok. now, you kill mob a again and you get 1,070 exp. good job.

now let's say you grind an entire level that's worth 2,000,000 exp. once you finish getting 2,000,000 exp, you'll have gotten a bonus of 70,000 exp!!!11

and if you grind 2,000,000,000 exp, you'll get a bonus 7,000,000 exp!

yeah, what the hell is the point?
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

I guess the point is called "free XP". Honestly, 7% might not appear much, but as your own numbers prove, it adds up. I prefer having 70k XP every once in a while for free over not having to have it. If I am playing in a team, I (as a Cleric) barely ever get hit. There is no reason whatsoever _not_ to use XP bonus gear, even if the stats on it are crappy. When I am soloing, I just swap it off for gear with better stats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Loltank - Lost City
    Loltank - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    in reality, +3% or even +4% is so unnoticeable that selling it to suckers who think it looks nice is the only way to go. let's put it this way:

you kill mob a. mob a is an elite monster that spawns once an hour, giving you a whopping 1,000 exp. now, let's assume you killed mob a using any combination of the exp event items, say you have the best of the 2, you'd get +7%. ok. now, you kill mob a again and you get 1,070 exp. good job.

now let's say you grind an entire level that's worth 2,000,000 exp. once you finish getting 2,000,000 exp, you'll have gotten a bonus of 140,000 exp!!!11

and if you grind 2,000,000,000 exp, you'll get a bonus 14,000,000 exp!

Fix'd.

10MathFixes
  • Semyezza - Heavens Tear
    Semyezza - Heavens Tear Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Egh... Well. I was given the V-Day Amulet and I prefer wearing THAT when grinding that a high-stat thinger. Seriously, any extra experience point is welcome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I. LIKE. TO. KILL. THINGS."
    - Richard the Warlock, LFG.

visit my gallery on !! quelfish.deviantart.com !!
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I guess the point is called "free XP". Honestly, 7% might not appear much, but as your own numbers prove, it adds up. I prefer having 70k XP every once in a while for free over not having to have it. If I am playing in a team, I (as a Cleric) barely ever get hit. There is no reason whatsoever _not_ to use XP bonus gear, even if the stats on it are crappy. When I am soloing, I just swap it off for gear with better stats.

70k exp for grinding 1m exp, yipee.
    Fix'd.

10MathFixes

i actually meant to put 1,000,000 and 1,000,000,000.
  • Loltank - Lost City
    Loltank - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I figured as much. :P
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    7% exp bonus is amazing at 9x because you just saved 7 hours right there. too bad i dont grind b:chuckle
  • Jubas - Lost City
    Jubas - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    7% exp bonus is amazing at 9x because you just saved 7 hours right there. too bad i dont grind b:chuckle

Yeah cuz all u do is daily's and world quest's XD
  • Jacim - Heavens Tear
    Jacim - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I hope you have a perma ban and IP block from making any new accounts. We do not need people like you around, griefing other people.

No sympathy from me! Good job GMs!

Shut up carebear LOL

Also, it never says the items don't stack with training esoterica (and I'm pretty sure they do) so if you have and extra 7% of 150% you're actually getting closer to 10% extra EXP, and in zhen 10% extra EXP per mob totals out to potentially an extra 1% at level 70+ (and trust me, that makes you feel a lot better about dropping 1/2 an MP charm for it)
    Late-start + Late-bloomer on HT server
    Switching to PvP for fun and the chance to be top50b:victory
    Harshlands class & IGN: Barbarian / Thor
    Please don't take my name? If so I will be forced to gank you for the rest of your time on the server b:laugh