Valentine Killer

Options
wandera
wandera Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Ok im trying to do the valentine quest by collecting roses.. The bright sparks who desgined this need to rethink this quest. Because I have now died twice due to idiots luring the Boss Jewelscalen to the rose patch and letting agro everyone trying to collect the roses..

One big appaulse to the bright spark who thought people would not do that in game.

Next time you desgin a quest think of the bigger picture..

I want my lost exp back due to a very very poorley thought out quest. The fact you can hardly get any roses plus the fact you die due too idiots luring in a boss make this quest worthless in doing.

Give the guy who designed this quest a medal for the most kills by a boss in the shortest time period. b:angry well done...

Thank you very much for the lost exp to a quest that was suppose to be collecting on the ground and not running from a boss which is in the air..

Suggestion to solve this..

Ban the entire faction if they are caught doing this.. getting lower ranked players killed just becuase they cant player kill them..

Edit make that 3 time in the last half hour. with a loss of nearly 13 percent exp.

Makes the game so enjoyable. NOT!!!!
Post edited by wandera on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    that was a long QQ jeez b:shocked
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    wandera wrote: »
    Because I have now died twice due to idiots luring the Boss Jewelscalen to the rose patch and letting agro everyone trying to collect the roses..
    Edit make that 3 time in the last half hour. with a loss of nearly 13 percent exp.
    There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, kill me once by luring Jewlscalen to the roses, shame on - shame on you. Kill me twice by luring Jewlscalen to the roses - you can't get killed again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • wandera
    edited February 2009
    Options
    There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, kill me once by luring Jewlscalen to the roses, shame on - shame on you. Kill me twice by luring Jewlscalen to the roses - you can't get killed again.

I agree but not alot you can do when crouched down waiting for the percentage of collecting to reach 100%. Pressing escape and trying to get out of range doesnt stop the damage. Especially when certain high level player from certain factions drag him to the patch and hold him there so that their players get to continue collecting roses because they can take the damage Jewelscalen does. While all the other players end up dying. I believe that distruping game play like that is against the rules. Especily at the expsense of weaker players.

Jewelscalen would not be a threat while doing this quest normally due to the fact he is an air based mob not a ground based mob. Put is simply some people and factions are abusing the game to gain an unfair advantage known that the weaker players either die or have to run away. Leaving the stronger players a chance to gather roses at whim instead of trying to compete with the lower level players for roses.

I sure the game designers didnt intend for this boss to be getting anything between 20 to 50 player kills or more an hour while this quest is avaiable..

It suprising how when you need him for a quest how hard it is to get players to help kill him. But using him to clear an area of players is ok?
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I just finished the quest with 99 roses. Jewel attacked about 5 times and wiped out pretty much everybody but the Barbarians (like me) each time. So, yeah, it's not really a fair quest at all.

However, this is why I waited until I had just leveled and had no XP to lose. And now that I'm done it, I actually think this was what the designers envisioned. In a weird way the chaos was kind of fun, although as a Barb I'm certainly biased.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I do agree that this quest could have used more advance planning. The main point of a quest shouldn't be about rapid fire clicking a contested ressource node and neither should be about having to deal with idiot griefers.

I disagree about banning an entire faction, though. However, I do think guilds are responsible to weed out idiots from their ranks and any guild tolerating griefers running around with their tag can't possibly be a good guild.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blo0dyyay
    blo0dyyay Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Did anyone force you to join the event?

you could have known people would do such things for their fun so...
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    boss pulling ought to be made a bannable offense. Period. it disrupts other players, and is only funny to the sick minds who come up with the idea.

all towns and villages need to have mob killing guards in place...many dont, and sickos pull in bosses and ruin things for players who have been perhaps grinding long hours and want to collect their hard earned award.
    I agree but not alot you can do when crouched down waiting for the percentage of collecting to reach 100%. Pressing escape and trying to get out of range doesnt stop the damage. Especially when certain high level player from certain factions drag him to the patch and hold him there so that their players get to continue collecting roses because they can take the damage Jewelscalen does. While all the other players end up dying. I believe that distruping game play like that is against the rules. Especily at the expsense of weaker players.

Jewelscalen would not be a threat while doing this quest normally due to the fact he is an air based mob not a ground based mob. Put is simply some people and factions are abusing the game to gain an unfair advantage known that the weaker players either die or have to run away. Leaving the stronger players a chance to gather roses at whim instead of trying to compete with the lower level players for roses.

I sure the game designers didnt intend for this boss to be getting anything between 20 to 50 player kills or more an hour while this quest is avaiable..

It suprising how when you need him for a quest how hard it is to get players to help kill him. But using him to clear an area of players is ok?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • reivilo
    reivilo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    blo0dyyay wrote: »

no one forced anyone to join in any event...

But, everybody wants to join in the game .. and play whatever the game proposes .

Any **** minded people that finds amusing killing and pissing off other peoples, just so they can do it first (so they can think there trousers are too small) are what we called in french : Des ENCULES

Find a dictionnary .
    regards,

(Everybody should be in the game for the Fun .. and not be pissed off in any way by any 10 YO (even though sometimes they more like 25 .. there mentality is the ones of 10)
  • Airawyn - Lost City
    Airawyn - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    blo0dyyay wrote: »

No they did not, but if you want to join in the event it is freaking impossible to get it done due the fact that people are zhening on the rose patch or bring jewels to it every couple of minutes. How the hell are you suppose to get any thing done. THIS EVENT SUCKS DUE TO BAD PLANNING WITH THE PLACEMENT OF THE ROSE GARDEN AND THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE IN THE WHOLE SERVER
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Veno
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    No they did not, but if you want to join in the event it is freaking impossible to get it done due the fact that people are zhening on the rose patch or bring jewels to it every couple of minutes. How the hell are you suppose to get any thing done. THIS EVENT SUCKS DUE TO BAD PLANNING WITH THE PLACEMENT OF THE ROSE GARDEN AND THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE IN THE WHOLE SERVER

NOONE is forcing you to do it, you WHINERS suck for going back a million times knowing that you'll die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    NOONE is forcing you to do it, you WHINERS suck for going back a million times knowing that you'll die.

Quit your whining. NOONE is forcing you to exist, so please stop doing so.b:bye
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Quit your whining. NOONE is forcing you to exist, so please stop doing so.b:bye

QFT noone is forcing you to make such **** posts and show how little knowledge of MMO PVP you have in over 6 different topics.

Actually... keep posting, I need some new ignorant quotes for my sig, the ones you gave me b4 are getting old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
  • wandera
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ok finished the quest.. what did i get out of it?

Nothing not a single exp point. So in fact it cost me. The lady who did it with me got around 67k exp..

I guess if u truely have feeling for your partner the its ok to lose exp for a quest. While they get it all. But come on really if this quest is about losing exp if you dont get out the way. and gain nothing for several hours of stressful game play then its not worth it in my mind.

Did any one force me to take the quest. NO..

BUT ALSO THAT VERY SAME QUEST MAKE ME THINK ABOUT SPENDING ANY MONEY ON THE GAME!!!!!! I wont be tempted to part with hard earned money only to play a game that is going to cost me exp for nothing and spend hours trying to complete the game when higher lvls ruin it for those who arnt as high.. YUP really makes me want to get my cerdit card out.. NOT
  • dougdread
    dougdread Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Man I wish I was a high level. I would be pulling that mob all day. Entertainment!

Sorry but I doubt the devs are going to ban people because of a small case such as this. They have enough of a workload trying to find the exploited coins from the money exploit a few days ago.

You can cry about how it is immoral, evil, and that everyone who pulls the mob is a loser. It is very unlikely anything will be done about it (maybe they will move the mob at some point but no banning is going to happen). I think it's smart for them to see a way to get the roses uncontested, especially when they can't pk anyone.

Overall you stated a problem in your eyes and the devs now know about it. Your continuous crying/ranting after only trivializes your issue.

Have fun, I know I am.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The reward for the quest is rather stupid from what I've heard, I didn't bother with it myself. But guys receive little exp while the girls receive a ton. It really should be a more equal balance, especially since the guys do more of the work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    dougdread wrote: »
    Man I wish I was a high level. I would be pulling that mob all day. Entertainment!

Sorry but I doubt the devs are going to ban people because of a small case such as this. They have enough of a workload trying to find the exploited coins from the money exploit a few days ago.

You can cry about how it is immoral, evil, and that everyone who pulls the mob is a loser. It is very unlikely anything will be done about it (maybe they will move the mob at some point but no banning is going to happen). I think it's smart for them to see a way to get the roses uncontested, especially when they can't pk anyone.

Overall you stated a problem in your eyes and the devs now know about it. Your continuous crying/ranting after only trivializes your issue.

Have fun, I know I am.

You would pull jewel all day and face the consequences. System Message from a GM.

Please do not lure Jewelscalen to the Rosebush. Offenders will be punished.b:chuckle
    Main characters
  • vagnard
    vagnard Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I hope this PVP & PVE talk can be used for my research paper for the university I attend.

Just relating online grief and violence to the desensitization of a person raising levels of aggression in the "real life" realm. Who knows, maybe killing 'data' which affects another person may result in real life violence. There's a few research articles out about it, but since I'm doing one, it'll be an observational study. Maybe I'll hop on the PvP servers and see how else people act/react.

Thanks for the material. b:thanks

Oh yeah, flame wars on the boards also help with the study.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    you know... kids need attention. when parents do not, they seek somewhere else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • dougdread
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You would pull jewel all day and face the consequences. System Message from a GM.

Please do not lure Jewelscalen to the Rosebush. Offenders will be punished.b:chuckle

That would probably be the extent of their punishment unless provoked by the player towards the GM.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    People always laugh and talk big when they kill other people in a game, lets see them kill people in real life.

Of course with the way they like to talk on these forums, if they said any of that when they were not hiding behind a character, you can be darn well certain someone would not hesitate to pk them....
    Main characters
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    People always laugh and talk big when they kill other people in a game, lets see them kill people in real life.

they would do the same if they had a gun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    they would do the same if they had a gun.

I doubt it, they only do their trash in games because no one knows who they are. If they tried this in real life they'd be dead.
    Main characters
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If you're not willing to die for your love, it's not really love. b:laugh
  • dougdread
    edited February 2009
    Options

Of course with the way they like to talk on these forums, if they said any of that when they were not hiding behind a character, you can be darn well certain someone would not hesitate to pk them....

God I love internet tough guys.

You wouldn't want to fight me, I am 6'9 and 220lbs of titanium muscle! I own a nuke silo and make more money than 30 Bill Gates.
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    gz, doesn't mean u know how to use it
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Airawyn - Lost City
    Airawyn - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Your right no one is forcing us to do the event, we want too do it. I am not whining about dieing on PvP server I am just stating that the fact. That it is nearly impossible to get it done due to the fact that people from the strongest factions are constantly taking control, and not allowing anyone that is not in their faction to pick the flowers. Or they lure jewels down to the spot to kill everyone for them. I do not mind dieing from other players, but from a boss that is lured to the site, then you exp or a doll.

I am glad that I am a Veno and do not have to put up with trying to pick the roses, but I have been helping some of the male chars get them with a Noob cleric that can not be pked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Veno
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    if a faction's main reason to exist is to harass other players, like RageQuit does, then **YES**, there is good reason to ban the faction and all the players, in my opinion. the ganking, pking and such is *not* what this game is supposed to be about. it is what small, cruelminded players want to make of it, and to ruin the "Perfect World" the rest of us came to enjoy and relax in. the devs originally desinged this to provide us with a world in which we could escape the ugliness and fear of the real world, if only for a little while.
    I do agree that this quest could have used more advance planning. The main point of a quest shouldn't be about rapid fire clicking a contested ressource node and neither should be about having to deal with idiot griefers.

I disagree about banning an entire faction, though. However, I do think guilds are responsible to weed out idiots from their ranks and any guild tolerating griefers running around with their tag can't possibly be a good guild.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Forsakenx - Heavens Tear
    Forsakenx - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

omg b:chuckle lol thanks I needed that, I am going to giggle all day just thinking of this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Free Signatures pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87021

≈ 338 signatures made, and counting b:thanks

Screen Shot & Signature guide pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=99031
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

I want my lost exp back due to a very very poorley thought out quest. The fact you can hardly get any roses plus the fact you die due too idiots luring in a boss make this quest worthless in doing.

Its not your exp, its not your char and its not your game.
    If you cant even phrase a complaint in a proper manner then don't bother posting. but cause I'm nice let me help you out, use this as a template in the future.

Dear gms

This is my feedback on the valentines event:

Good things:
    *The event was well thought out in concept.
    *The description of where to find the npc/quest items was clear and helpfull.

Not so good things:

*Please refrain from putting quest npc's in dragon city west(archosaur) since there is a large amount of players in the area already and it causes lag for players with slower connections.
    *Only one person at a time seem to be able to "use" a quest mine (rose/honey), maybe make it so 10 ppl can dig at the same time?
    *The rose patch is really small and considering the population size of the servers it might have been better to make a rose patch at every big city (ether/lost/plume). Or just a much bigger and more spread out rose patch. I find it highly unlikely that roses would grow that close together. Trying to pick the centre rose would require a chainmail suit so u don't die from all the thorns around you.
    *Male chars seem to get much less exp than the females and they have to do more work, so the guys mostly don't feel like it
    * There is 70 billion venos and then the usual 10 000 female chars and only 50 male chars per server. aybe you should have allowed same sex parties also, since this isnt really marrige or anything like that. Being someones valentine isnt neccessary being lovers.
    *The luring of Jewel does add a certain degree of added difficulty for the boys. If you look at 11n on the TOS(**), we feel GM's should at least have warned players for doing this all the time.

**Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.

Ps. bulleting option on forums seems to be broken.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    boss pulling ought to be made a bannable offense. Period. it disrupts other players, and is only funny to the sick minds who come up with the idea.

all towns and villages need to have mob killing guards in place...many dont, and sickos pull in bosses and ruin things for players who have been perhaps grinding long hours and want to collect their hard earned award.

I don't lure bosses, but I still think it's funny..... so see, you're wrong already ^^