There Will Be No Rollback

Options

Comments

• Craiz - Heavens Tear
    Craiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I voted for a roll back, I thought it was the best and most fair idea, but it will not happen now. Anyone still waiting or hoping for it needs to move on.

No, I don;t have any inside information, but as an 11 year veteran of MMO's the odds of a roll back happening AFTER a server has been re-opened is pretty much zero. To not roll back may have been unfair to many, to roll back now would be more unfair.

That there was no roll back does not mean the GMs don't care or that they someohow profitted off of this. It could mean they don't have the ability to do it properly. It could mean many things, but I'm sure each personw ill apply their own definitive understanding to a process we don;t have all the info to.

I'm disappointed by the lack of roll back, but I'm not quitting. I will be holding onto my real life $$ for a bit until I see the state of the game.

Is it possible the GMs have something planned for us to try to make things better? Anything is possible at this point, except a roll back.

Not going to happen whether or not it's right or fair. That ship sailed when the servers came back up.

OMFG b:surprised
    Best post in 3 days b:faint
    Every one- when you find a post about roll back. link this tread
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    OMFG b:surprised
    Best post in 3 days b:faint
    Every one- when you find a post about roll back. link this tread

*curtsies* go me :-)
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Shota has it right Ive been playing mmos about as long as her. If it hasnt happened yet it isn't gonna happen so Quit b:cryb:cry about wanting a rollback.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Ethas - Heavens Tear
    Ethas - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It seems you haven't played 2moons , there were rollbacks after rollback because of some **** players that did VAC HACKING. So yeah its really possible.
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It seems you haven't played 2moons , there were rollbacks after rollback because of some **** players that did VAC HACKING. So yeah its really possible.

Never played that one.. played Ultima Online when it first came out.. want to see people scream? They used to roll back whole weeks.

It's not impossible but highly unlikely. They roll back now you'll see scores of people leave. The time for it was yesterday.
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I chose not to log in yesterday when i heard of the exploit. I figured the servers will have to be rolled back so might as well wait ti'll today. Today i find no rollback. coins were removed, people were panned...but not all. The items purchased with the ill-gotten coins were mailed to other characters.

I was so eager yesterday to log on and spend some money to buy zen so i can get the new fashions (yes i love fashion). Now i don't even feel like logging in to be honest. I love playing pwi. The gameplay's not revolutionary, neither are the dungeons or the bosses or any of that. The one thing that keeps me having fun is the customization. I love being able to customize my toon how i want, when i want. That's my biggest fun.

If this coin exploit ruins the economy i will not be able to do that anymore. I won't be able to buy some fashions or dye's because the price they ask for will be more then i can make, and since i did not log in to exploit anything, i'll never have enough to be able to buy anything i want because some players have over 40M to there names and can afford to pay 10times what things used to be.

With that said, i'm going to log-in in a little bit and see for myself the situation. If the economy is in ruins and i am unable to indulge in my fashion pass time, i will be quitting. I'm not threatening, i'm simply saying as a casual player i will never be able to make enough coin to compete with the exploiters. I don't have a veno to farm coins with either, i have one character and it's a cleric. Already i struggle with coin in-game. Already i barely made enough to cover expenses and save a little for fashion here and there (i limit buying zen with real money to once a month 50$).

If the prices are so out of whack that i cannot afford my expenses anymore, i won't be able to continue playing because it won't be fun for me. If the prices are so high i can barely cover my expenses but thats it, i won't be playing because i want to be able to save enough to indulge in the thing i like, fashion.

We'll see what we'll see. Goodjob taking the server down yesterday and fixing the exploit and bugs GM's. You fixed a big issue very fast. But i do have an issue with no rollback. Some people have said maybe the company does not have the ability to rollback, and i simply don't buy that. You must keep backups, at least once a week, of all your server information in the case your servers are destroyed, stolen, etc. A fire can break out and you can lose your servers, so without a backup what would you do? Every server always gets backedup once a day, but lets say you did it once a week, and still no rollback? Yes it would have been a huge job, yes people would have complained...but it was the only fair thing to do concidering the alternative.

But point is moot now, no rollback, there won't be one. I am dissapointed. Will be logging in shortly, but if i cant keep up economically anymore i will be forced to quit. Thank you for all the fun up until now thought b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    Junon - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Shota has it right Ive been playing mmos about as long as her. If it hasnt happened yet it isn't gonna happen so Quit b:cryb:cry about wanting a rollback.

Funny how you call it "crying" just because you don't agree with doing a rollback on the affected servers.

I've already seen what happenes to a game with a screwed up economy. There was a mass dupe of money on the servers and the GM just decided to ban the players that were responsible for the mass duping. They did nothing to help the economy so the **** money still remained. The problem that allowed duping was fixed though.

The real problem was that a lot of people had a ton of money and prices in stores skyrocketed, making it nearly impossible for new players to get anything they would want. Today, that game is still running but the game is a ghost town now because people decided to jump ship from the hacking and economy issue.

The issue with this one is close enough to the one that happened on the other game. (Pm me if you want to know the name.)
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Never played that one.. played Ultima Online when it first came out.. want to see people scream? They used to roll back whole weeks.

It's not impossible but highly unlikely. They roll back now you'll see scores of people leave. The time for it was yesterday.

When lineage 2 first came out you'd have daily rollbacks. There was a glitch for refining items in one of the cities where if you stood in one spot while doing refining, and did a specific thing, it would cause the server to crash and rollback. They did this in case they failed there weapon refining, crash the server and when it reloads it's rolledback 5-10minutes and can refine again. They did this and we had a lot of people with super powerfull weapons and armor running around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Junon Sorry can't quote you. I have also seen the effects of a screwed up econamy on games. I am currently dealing with one on another game. The prices sky rocket for some reason. Im not going into all the reasons I have seen. Sometimes its for bugs. But people normally push through. Prices either drop. Or the players work harder to make the money they need. Everyone is soo concerned about the economy. Thing is what ever problem the economy has at this moment will settle down. Things will go back to normal as long as people DONT JUMP SHIP. If the do jump ship its because they want the easy way and are too immature to take the hard way.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Junon Sorry can quote you. I have also seen the effects of a screwed up econamy on games. I am currently dealing with one on another game. The prices sky rocket for some reason. Im not going into all the reasons I have seen. Sometimes its for bugs. But people normally push through. Prices either drop. Or the players work harder to make the money they need. Everyone is soo concerned about the economy. Thing is what ever problem the economy has at this moment will settle down. Things will go back to normal as long as people DONT JUMP SHIP. If the do jump ship its because they want the easy way and are too immature to take the hard way.

They're immature for wanting to leave a game with a screwed up economy? Honestly how short-sighted are you?
    After spending a ton of real life money, can you really say that people are taking the easy way out? Or just don't want to see people easily obtaining things it took them months to obtain?

I already know the results of a screwed up economy on a game, which is why I won't shut up about the rollbacks. Everyone wants to assume that just because so many people play on a server it won't slowly die from the corrupted economy. All the GMs are doing is taking a 50/50 chance with their game if they don't rollback the servers.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Junon Sorry can't quote you. I have also seen the effects of a screwed up econamy on games. I am currently dealing with one on another game. The prices sky rocket for some reason. Im not going into all the reasons I have seen. Sometimes its for bugs. But people normally push through. Prices either drop. Or the players work harder to make the money they need. Everyone is soo concerned about the economy. Thing is what ever problem the economy has at this moment will settle down. Things will go back to normal as long as people DONT JUMP SHIP. If the do jump ship its because they want the easy way and are too immature to take the hard way.

Ok i take offense to this. This is a videogame we play to have FUN. I don't own any stocks in this company, I dont make any real money from playing this, it's not my job, it's not my family, it's simply a game I play to have fun. If i'm not having fun because of a major exploit ruining the economy, why should i "Stick it out"? I've supported the company by purchasing Zen on numerous occasions, i've enjoyed the game immensely with very little complaints, but if i am not having fun, if i find myself to be more frustrated then anything I won't play the game anymore because it's not fun.

I'm not talking about jumping ship, because theres no game on the market I want to play now other then PWI. But if this issue isn't resolved, i won't be playing any games until something new comes out that peaks my interest. Things would have gone back to normal with a roll-back. They opted not to do that, yet you want people to "Stick it out"? For who's benefit? The game community? The same game community that exploited with glee and have destroyed the in-game economy without any care or regard? I think not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hong - Heavens Tear
    Hong - Heavens Tear Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Do they even know how to rollback? It took them 3 weeks to remove the chocolate from the rock...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www . rochq .net
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Really What are the results. Some games die some flourish as a result. You are only thinking of the bad that can happen. Good stuff happens and so does bad. You can't always undo the bad and make sure only good happens on a server. To be honest with you I spend about $600 on various games every month. I have seen some **** out of the GMs. Some really screwed up glitches and bugs. I have found a game don't die over something like this. Unless the game isn't that good of a game to begin with.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Ethas - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    What do you think ? the people who exploited in the first place are people who invest money in this game , i bet only 10% or maybe less where GOLD "ZEN" buyers the rest of them just are FREE players.

What do you think , do you want to invest more in a game where an exploit eats your real money?

Its like when you go to a store see a price on a product , and when you pay they will say no its not the right price , you need to pay more. Are you willing to pay more for the same product? If yes then you are a looser.
  • Ethas - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Really What are the results. Some games die some flourish as a result. You are only thinking of the bad that can happen. Good stuff happens and so does bad. You can't always undo the bad and make sure only good happens on a server. To be honest with you I spend about $600 on various games every month. I have seen some **** out of the GMs. Some really screwed up glitches and bugs. I have found a game don't die over something like this. Unless the game isn't that good of a game to begin with.

WHAT ABOUT MU??? do you think that game died because its old?

NO A ***** EXPLOIT KILLED IT
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken none of you are required to pay anything.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Funny how you call it "crying" just because you don't agree with doing a rollback on the affected servers.

I've already seen what happenes to a game with a screwed up economy. There was a mass dupe of money on the servers and the GM just decided to ban the players that were responsible for the mass duping. They did nothing to help the economy so the **** money still remained. The problem that allowed duping was fixed though.

The real problem was that a lot of people had a ton of money and prices in stores skyrocketed, making it nearly impossible for new players to get anything they would want. Today, that game is still running but the game is a ghost town now because people decided to jump ship from the hacking and economy issue.

The issue with this one is close enough to the one that happened on the other game. (Pm me if you want to know the name.)

The point was we all did agree on a a roll back being the best choice.. my point was just that it's too late now.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken none of you are required to pay anything.

No we're not, but its because of people like us who did spend real $ that you people who dont spend anything have a game to play. We pay the salaries of the company, we keep the game running, and no we won't spend another dime until this is completely fixed. See how much of a game you have then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options

I explained the results in my other post....

Is taking a 50/50 chance on the servers good service? Not really. They may not be able to "undo" all of the bad, but at least they would be getting rid of the problem at hand which is getting rid of the vast amounts of bugged money. How is leaving all that bugged money going to help anyhting? We should just wait it out and see what happens?

What if things go wrong then what? What if another bug that allows people to obtain bugged money comes out and they decide to take the same course of action as before, what then? Just sit there and ban more people? Or do a rollback and get rid of the problem all together?

Taking chances like this one on a game where people have spent a ton of real money is not professional at all.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Faustinna Would you like to rephrase what you said?? I never said i don't spend money on this game. I was just reminding you that you dont.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Ethas - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    No we're not, but its because of people like us who did spend real $ that you people who dont spend anything have a game to play. We pay the salaries of the company, we keep the game running, and no we won't spend another dime until this is completely fixed. See how much of a game you have then.

Perfectly right. NO POINT ON SPENDING MONEY ON A GAME THAT IS EXPLOITED.
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Maybe we could all stop picking at each other. The point of games is to have fun. If an abused glitch ruins the fun for some, that does not make them silly, weak, childish, a cry baby, etc. etc. etc...

We will all stay here so long as we are enjoying ourselves and, if we are smart, not a moment longer. Everyone has a point that is valid to themself and that's all that matters.

So, if we can, let's discuss without being abusive. This post was directed at no person in particular.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    But Junon will rolling back the server bring back everyone that has left? What about all those who will leave if the servers are rolled back on Monday. Leaving things as they are will **** up the econamy. So will a larg number of players leaving. Think about how many left today, then add how many will probably leave with a rollback on Monday. Either way it seems the economy is gonna take a hit.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • ryselle
    ryselle Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I also doubt the staff will take any more measures in response to yesterdays issues because... despite all these complaints, the bug puts the company in a better position to make money.

Another similar game (won't mention) I played on suffered from intense amounts of botting and gold selling. While the staff did do some bannings, a majority of the ill-gotten gold was left in the hands of players. This resulted in a gradual, but constant rise in prices. Most importantly, the itemshop currency. As the item shop stuff became practically unattainable through legitimate in game earnings, more players would spend real money instead (either illegitimately through gold selling, or legitimately by buying the currency from the company).

Although there were a lot of complaints, the player count didn't really change as most people were hooked on the game. They'd express their disgust silently or on the forums, then later log on their characters and continue playing (aka, business as usual).

It's a shame that this happened, and it would be wonderful if PWI turns out differently...
  • perplexity
    perplexity Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

2moons NEVER had a rollback because of vac hacking you idiot, the servers were constantly being restarted (WHICH IS NOT BEING ROLLEDBACK) to get the mobs out of the walls. Please don't even begin to compare PWI to 2moons. 2moons has failed so ridiculously hard that bots and vacs now run the game. The GMs there are incompetent fools who spend more time putting cash shop items in the dshop than actually banning hackers. The only time someone got banned on 2moons was the entire guild Atit because of credit card fraud.
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The point was we all did agree on a a roll back being the best choice.. my point was just that it's too late now.

I understand your point entirely. Tigriss on the other hand just opened up a new can of worms.
    But Junon will rolling back the server bring back everyone that has left? What about all those who will leave if the servers are rolled back on Monday. Leaving things as they are will **** up the econamy. So will a larg number of players leaving. Think about how many left today, then add how many will probably leave with a rollback on Monday. Either way it seems the economy is gonna take a hit.

What about the ones who will leave if a rollback doesn't happen? How many of them are there? So here we are with 2 problems that can make people quit. The broken economy and no possible rollback. Which one would have more of a long term effect...hmmm...the corrupted economy or the rollback? I think the answer's obvious. (The corrupted economy if it isn't to you.)

Yes, the rollback may make some people leave, but it's very temporary. Will this rollback affect future newcomers? Not at all. Will the corrupted economy? Yes it will.
  • Shakuhiko - Heavens Tear
    Shakuhiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    As for me, I'll not put one more cent into this game.

Amen to that. Go Blanchen and Shota. We vote with our pocketbooks.
  • Ethas - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    perplexity wrote: »
    2moons NEVER had a rollback because of vac hacking you idiot, the servers were constantly being restarted (WHICH IS NOT BEING ROLLEDBACK) to get the mobs out of the walls. Please don't even begin to compare PWI to 2moons. 2moons has failed so ridiculously hard that bots and vacs now run the game. The GMs there are incompetent fools who spend more time putting cash shop items in the dshop than actually banning hackers. The only time someone got banned on 2moons was the entire guild Atit because of credit card fraud.

YOU ARE AN IDIOT

MY FRIEND DID DEAD FRONT 10 times to reach lvl 105

And they did ROLLBACKS BECAUSE SOME IDIOT **** DEAD FRONT ON ONE SERVER

SO STFU i know what im talking about and if you have not been there STFU idiot. My both chars got deleted do to a rollback so yeah i know what im talking about idiot.
  • Ethas - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    AND ON TOP OF THAT DUE TO ROLLBACKS WE LOST ITEMS , GUILDS, CHARS, so yeah i know preaty much of how often they did rollbacks.

IF you had a low level char STFU

You dont even know how is to make level , gather DUKE VOUCHERS and after a rollback to be again the same level without the VOUCHERS and XP so yeah i know what im talking about you idiot
  • perplexity
    perplexity Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    YOU ARE AN IDIOT

MY FRIEND DID DEAD FRONT 10 times to reach lvl 105

And they did ROLLBACKS BECAUSE SOME IDIOT **** DEAD FRONT ON ONE SERVER

SO STFU i know what im talking about and if you have not been there STFU idiot. My both chars got deleted do to a rollback so yeah i know what im talking about idiot.

You're a dumb**** kid, I'm lvl 159 on 2moons Trieste so tell your lowbie 105 friend to stop sucking **** and level a little faster. THERE. HAS. NEVER. BEEN. A. ROLLBACK. ON. 2MOONS.

Your chars were NOT deleted due to a rollback, if anything they were deleted BECAUSE OF THE MISSING CHAR/DIL BUG YOU ****ING SCRUB, UNDERSTAND? There was NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVERRRRRRRRR A ROLLBACK ON 2MOONS. Insert your tongue into an electrical socket or go play in traffic, ignorant ****bag.
This discussion has been closed.