There Will Be No Rollback

Shota - Heavens Tear
Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
I voted for a roll back, I thought it was the best and most fair idea, but it will not happen now. Anyone still waiting or hoping for it needs to move on.

No, I don't have any inside information, but as an 11 year veteran of MMO's the odds of a roll back happening AFTER a server has been re-opened is pretty much zero. To not roll back may have been unfair to many, to roll back now would be more unfair.

That there was no roll back does not mean the GMs don't care or that they someohow profitted off of this. It could mean they don't have the ability to do it properly. It could mean many things, but I'm sure each person will apply their own definitive understanding to a process we don't have all the info to.

I'm disappointed by the lack of roll back, but I'm not quitting. I will be holding onto my real life $$ for a bit until I see the state of the game.

Is it possible the GMs have something planned for us to try to make things better? Anything is possible at this point, except a roll back.

Not going to happen whether or not it's right or fair. That ship sailed when the servers came back up.
"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Shota - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• tc2r
    tc2r Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    quick question

what the hell could they have planned for us that would put me on the same playing field as my friend who in the course between Thursday and today has made 80mil w/o doing much of anything?

Whatever they would have planned would benefit EVERYONE, including those like him.

I'd just for once like to see one who isn't selfish and KNOW THEY PROFITED from an exploit like this say so.
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I voted for a roll back, I thought it was the best and most fair idea, but it will not happen now. Anyone still waiting or hoping for it needs to move on.

No, I don;t have any inside information, but as an 11 year veteran of MMO's the odds of a roll back happening AFTER a server has been re-opened is pretty much zero. To not roll back may have been unfair to many, to roll back now would be more unfair.
    I concur. It sucks, now we need to move on.
    Is it possible the GMs have something planned for us to try to make things better? Anything is possible at this point, except a roll back.
    How about 10mil for everyone? b:victory
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    tc2r wrote: »
    quick question

what the hell could they have planned for us that would put me on the same playing field as my friend who in the course between Thursday and today has made 80mil w/o doing much of anything?

Whatever they would have planned would benefit EVERYONE, including those like him.

I'd just for once like to see one who isn't selfish and KNOW THEY PROFITED from an exploit like this say so.

I do not have an answer and I am not defending the choice not to roll back. I'm only saying that there may be something in the works. Perhaps they have more people to catch and it takes time and they didn;t want to leave the servers down while they scour records to find the guilty. I personally have no clue.

I was just saying that people who are waiting for a roll back should now decide how to proceed because it isn;t going to happen no matter how hard we cry and moan. That opportunity is over.

For me, I keep playing because I like the game. Is it fair? I don;t know.. a fair is where you go to ride on roller coasters and eat cotton candy. Lot sof stuff in my life isn't fair, so I have to decide how best to proceed. For me that means I go back and play and have fun.If I don;t have fun, I will find somewhere to have fun :-)
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    As for me, I'll not put one more cent into this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009

I don't plan to at this point, but I'm keeping an open mind.
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Pssh, I haven't since they removed charm packs, and I still refuse to until they return them.
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Pssh, I haven't since they removed charm packs, and I still refuse to until they return them.

I have been waiting patiently for the return of charm packs, but now even if they bring them back someone else will have to lay out the cash.. it's in-game gold for me.. for now. I reserve the right to chnge my mind :-)
  • hackepacke
    hackepacke Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I maybe change my mind to pay later on, but at this part, no thanks.
    But maybe in some weeks or so.

Cheers
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    hackepacke wrote: »
    I maybe change my mind to pay later on, but at this part, no thanks.
    But maybe in some weeks or so.

Cheers

Going to wait and see how messed up the economy is... nice to see everyone in the world on 30 gold mounts today..
  • Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    For ****s sake.. GMs give me ****ing 50mil. MYSELF, i made 15mil in this game, the fair way. now what the **** noobs are running around with 250mil the unfair way.. how can u ****ing allow this? i swear this is ****ing pissing me off. make a ****ing rollback now for ****s sakeb:angryb:angry
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    For ****s sake.. GMs give me ****ing 50mil. MYSELF, i made 15mil in this game, the fair way. now what the **** noobs are running around with 250mil the unfair way.. how can u ****ing allow this? i swear this is ****ing pissing me off. make a ****ing rollback now for ****s sakeb:angryb:angry

Well, I wouldn't be quite as vulgar, but I completely agree. b:kiss
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009

I also completely agree, but it's not going to happen. Once they put the servers back up the chance of a roll back died.
  • cybluerr
    cybluerr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    lol at all those threatening to quit.
    either put your money where your mouth is or stfu.
    The GMs know you bunch of whiners dont really really mean it and those who do are but a handful.
  • Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ****ING nice to see who made profit out of this exploit, people like u so got rich of this.

i swear go suck a pe nis kid
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    cybluerr wrote: »
    lol at all those threatening to quit.
    either put your money where your mouth is or stfu.
    The GMs know you bunch of whiners dont really really mean it and those who do are but a handful.

So then the intelligent players who don't like being taken for fools by a company will leave? and what will be left will be the idiots who do? xD
  • cybluerr
    cybluerr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    So then the intelligent players who don't like being taken for fools by a company will leave? and what will be left will be the idiots who do? xD

lol. that is one way to look at it b:laugh
    besides, anyone else remember when a similar thing happened during the Halloween event? no rollback too so its no surprise there isnt one this time
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    cybluerr wrote: »
    lol. that is one way to look at it b:laugh
    besides, anyone else remember when a similar thing happened during the Halloween event? no rollback too so its no surprise there isnt one this time

What happened during Halloween? I wasn't really playing at the time.
  • Zephyrli - Lost City
    Zephyrli - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    EDITTED: can we have some form of proof that all the ill gotten coin and items have been removed/returned to where they were?? Like people have said, a lot of items were purchased in this time and now good items are going to be harder to find as all those exploiting ****ers have 10 times the amount/quality of gear as they prevously had :/

**** the GMs to hell then. Im outa here. IF the'yre gonna leave the **** holes who exploited with all their cash then this game is ****ed up beyond all belief and it will die a slow and painful death. If there's no rollback then they've just esablished themselves as a game where unfair play and cheating/exploiting is encouraged so **** this. GMs, PWi head fat cats, get your fingers outa your asses and save your game while you can. Otherwise your reputation is goin down the hole and nothing will ever drag it back up.
  • Qwisper - Sanctuary
    Qwisper - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well sadly I have heard rumor of at least one person making 800mil off the gold trade part of the ordeal and still has it. I realy cant say that the gold trading part of it was as bad as the exploit on the typoed ammount/cost to sell the clothes. But anyhow they realy should have rolled back, because that is a gross inbalance in the economic structure of the server.
    I have played MMOs for a good 7-8 years now and I have seen plenty of rollbacks. however they were in pay to play games. They dont roll back here because all the people that bought zen was too much economy on the devs side for them to want to give back, which is understandable. Not fair by any means, but understandable since humans are the most flawed creatures on this planet.
    As to whether or not it influences my stay in this game or not is yet to be decided, I want to TW tonight but after that who knows. Just a little disheartening I guess.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Agreed.
    As human beings trying to fix the problem with as little comossion and in as little time as possible, I'd say good job. As game masters whose job is to moderate the game and keep it healthy, epic fail. While I can understand you tried your hardest to remove the coins which were gained by exploiting, it simply wasn't enough. Not by a long shot. Hundreds of people who merely bought a quick $50 to sell for 30-50mil still have the coins sitting on their accounts. That alone is enough to have a severe impact on the economy. Not to mention the ones who played it smart and could turn 10 gold into 100million just by buying it for 200k and selling it for 700k mere minutes later. And there's a whole lot of those left ingame as well. While not abusing an exploit themselves, it was indeed that very exploit that allowed them to amass hundreds of millions of coins virtually out of thin air, as it wasn't really there to begin with. Reason enough to ban them? No, of course not. Reason enough to do a rollback? Yes, most definitely. Seriously guys, I have had nothing but praise for you up to this point, but you couldn't have done a worse move on this one. Short term effects are already apparent, with the auction house being empty and mirage stones being doubled in price overnight. I honestly hope you managed to take out the majority of the excess money from the game, although by the looks of it so far, you failed miserably. I guess time will tell, but I wouldn't say it's farfetched to say that everything not available from the cash shop is about to inflate dramatically.
    Seriously though, to non coin buyers, keeping your skills up to date was hard enough so far. Let alone your gear. You actually had to farm for it. Getting enough coin for a mount or new wings was a week if not a month of farming. But it left one with a sense of accomplishment once they finally got it. After all, that's one of the reasons we're playing for, is it not?

So if you want to hear a "good job", then good job taking that away from us.
    b:dirty
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    I'm not quite sure I would go so far as to say that people who bought zen to profit off of the soaring gold prices were playing it "smart"... "sly" might be a better word.

I had 106 gold at my disposal and I know others who did too and didn't even try to sell it. Most games I have played that have had issues like this rolled back and punished the wicked, so that's what I expected to happen and didn't want to risk my account for coins, no matter how much.

A roll back would have returned everyone to where they were before the issue so nobody would have profitted at all, not in coin, not in items, not in any way. Yes, people would have been upset, but if PWI had instituted a double xp weekend, or given evefryone 10 esotericas so that those who could play Friday but could not play this weekend would have not been left out.. I think most people would have been ok.

It's knowing that being honest and not abusing a bug carries little thanks. But then, that is like life isn't it? If you want to be rewarded for not cheating, look inside yourself.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Oh I didn't mean buying huge amount of zen by playing it smart. What I wanted to say was that by simply selling high and buying low one could make hundreds of millions, as the gold prices were changing dramatically (200-900k every couple of minutes on sanctuary) by the minute. Which is what a lot of people did and as such still have the coins (which would have taken months of farming legitly). As for my myself, I had some gold sitting on my characters, I just opted not to abuse it. Even if given the chance again, I still wouldn't. Just saying that a pat on the back would've been nice.
    b:dirty
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Oh I didn't mean buying huge amount of zen by playing it smart. What I wanted to say was that by simply selling high and buying low one could make hundreds of millions, as the gold prices were changing dramatically (200-900k every couple of minutes on sanctuary) by the minute. Which is what a lot of people did and as such still have the coins (which would have taken months of farming legitly). As for my myself, I had some gold sitting on my characters, I just opted not to abuse it. Even if given the chance again, I still wouldn't. Just saying that a pat on the back would've been nice.

*pats you on the back*

trust me, there are many of us who are very appreciative of the overwhelming majority of friendly, kind, and moral players who play the game.
  • Zephyrli - Lost City
    Zephyrli - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    and it is those same kind and moral players who are now going to get screwed over in the long term. Lesson to be learnt from this whole incident, according to the PWI team ofc - grab what you can while you can or you'll be left behind and screwed over by "the man." Typical ******** that's gonna end this game. There's no way the GMs can track all the illegal money that came into the game, not now that they've reopened servers. I think Lost City managed to escape all this **** (or at least no one knows if anyone exploited and they're keeping very very quiet about it) but to see it happen on another server means that the next time it'll probably be my server and we'll all get ****ed over as the rest of you have. I for one won't be buying any more zen from these fraudsters. Roll back or kiss your game goodbye. I wouldn't recommend anyone else to play this game after what's happened, and no one else should either.
  • perplexity
    perplexity Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    and it is those same kind and moral players who are now going to get screwed over in the long term. Lesson to be learnt from this whole incident, according to the PWI team ofc - grab what you can while you can or you'll be left behind and screwed over by "the man." Typical ******** that's gonna end this game. There's no way the GMs can track all the illegal money that came into the game, not now that they've reopened servers. I think Lost City managed to escape all this **** (or at least no one knows if anyone exploited and they're keeping very very quiet about it) but to see it happen on another server means that the next time it'll probably be my server and we'll all get ****ed over as the rest of you have. I for one won't be buying any more zen from these fraudsters. Roll back or kiss your game goodbye. I wouldn't recommend anyone else to play this game after what's happened, and no one else should either.

Edit: nvm.
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    perplexity wrote: »
    Edit: nvm.

Yeah we tend to get the short end of the stick sometimes.
  • Ethas - Heavens Tear
    Ethas - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2009
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009

I supported the rollback as much as anyone, it should have been done before the server went up. I'm not sure I can support it now, it would affect so many more people.

It depends how you word it, what you're after and what compensation you expect for everyone.
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    From what I have read, I have not seen anything that stated they have 100% completely resolved the problem. They have not said that there will be no further actions taken to correct the extra money that made it into players hands who did not exploit the glich. The problem is, how do you fairly compensate the people who got rich using the gold system fairly? Yes the money that they were paid with is clich money, but its not their fault 70 people put the money into their hands.

When it comes to this type of problem, rather then keep the servers down longer then necessary, you bring the servers back up and let people go back to playing and buying zen. Then you decide what to do. I myself made no money off of yesterday, and it really annoys me that there are alot of people that made 80m to 200m, but I also understand that someone has to decide what to give those people as compensation if they suddenly lose that money, and how to determine whats fair compensation.

This particular solution is really the best for the game. A roll back would have punished everyone for the actions of a few. Instead, having only the glicher players punished then working it out with the others is really best for everyone.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    There's often a difference between what one thinks is fair and what really is. Having to decide what is the best course of action is not a responsibility I would want here. I know what I would do, or I THINK I know what I would do. The end result is some people will be happy and some won't.. thee is no answer for everyone. Someone just has to decide what is the best overall answer for the game as a whole.
This discussion has been closed.