Emergency maintenance - COMPLETE

Comments

• Iynne - Sanctuary
    Iynne - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    what time zone does this game work on plz

Pacific. So three hours from now (barring any further complications).
  • Deadlysweets - Heavens Tear
    Deadlysweets - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    game based on pst :) gets confusing sometimes lol i gotta count ahead 4 lol :Db:chuckle i think ima go back to bed its just afta 2am here
  • Kaneravager - Sanctuary
    Kaneravager - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hugs everyone! b:cute

*hugs back* :D

even though i was just naked and swinging from a candelier some people might find it odd :)
    edited February 2009
    gnite jack wont see me im in HT :D
    edited February 2009
    anyone else bored?
  • shamski
    shamski Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Me!!! I am making a facebook I am so bored.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    im just exhausted
    edited February 2009
    i have a myspace facebook is evil
  • Iynne - Sanctuary
    Iynne - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Facebook is a little more sterile, which can be a good thing. Myspace is like wandering into a bar frequented by emos and goths.
    edited February 2009
    edited February 2009
    just have the myspace to keep in touch with my old friends from all over i miss them b:cryb:cryb:cry
    edited February 2009
    i would do the whole pic of me thing but i dont wanna scare anyone off so yeah b:laugh
    edited February 2009
    lolb:laughb:victory
    edited February 2009
    lol itsok i posted it cuz im bored lol
  • shamski
    shamski Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Soooooooooo I just made a Facebook, add me! Whitney Starr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    anyone still alive? did i kill everyone?
    edited February 2009
    guess so :(
    edited February 2009
    lol kane u look sooooo tired
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Withdrawl= Achy headb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    lol kane u look sooooo tired

yeah i was pretty tired when i took that or stoned i forget which b:laughb:laugh
    edited February 2009
    ewww yuck lol
  • shield
    shield Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    On page 177 I doubt that anyone will read this. So might as well make my grumble here.
    Kudos and thanks to all the GM's and mods and Devo's working on the issue, no matter the resolution its gotta be a nightmare.
    For all the QQ ...STFU.

For anyone that doesn't understand, multiple players with too much money will really cause serious issues throughout the whole game. From unlimited cash shop pets to TW bids that can't be beat. Someone who wanted to manipulate the economy could purchase every single item of a type and resell it at a rediculous price.
    Anything related to PvP would be a nightmare, territories would roll to whomever has the most coin. +12 weps being used, other craziness.

For those in favor of a roll back there are definantly issues with lost XP drops etc. Territory earnings for the weekend might be lost, territory bids might be lost. Your chance to take someone elses territory IS lost. The land you were about to lose is now safe for a week.

For those who just prefer to ban people who used the bug or gained by it, those bans would be MUCH more far reaching than you probably imagine. If I were to purchase $10 in gold, then to purchase an item in the boutique, then resell it for enough coin to purchase $100 gold from gold auction, rinse repeat...I've now got lots of coin AND gold. Also whomever sold the gold in the gold house at whatever price has gained from it, if you pumped the price much over 100k you probably have gained unfairly due to the exploit.
    On seeing items in the AH selling at obscene prices, you posted your legendary\mold\3* for more than it would normally sell for and it was purchased, you probably have gained unfairly by the exploit.

(Yes even if you were an idiot and posted your obscene price in ignorance, you still gained by the exploit, otherwise your stupidity would not be rewarded)

All those people who just sold thier stuff now go out into the economy and purchase things from the cat shops legitimately and now those cat shops have coin that they feel they have earned fairly. Hence your 350k sales in fruit etc. But those sales too were caused due to the exploit.

Effectively there is no quick and clean solution to the problem. To repair the economy the game MUST be rolled back. Which is gonna cause all sorts of pain to the PWI staff that has to return all the gold to Zen. BUT thats as far as is required to go, no Zen should be returned to real money, instead only be recharged. The people that purchased Zen will be able to repurchase items from the cashshop again at fair prices.

No solution will make everyone happy. No one will walk away whistling a jaunty tune, that has been affected by this. Suck it up people, better to lose a day then to have the entire structure of the game radically altered in such a way that new players will NEVER be able to compete.

AND for the record:
    Every $ of real money put into this game is insured by the conditions set forth when we joined. If you spent $50 during the period rolled back it would be given back to your account in some way, whether in Zen or in $.

Now that I've had my entertainment for the night in lieu of PWI, off to sleep soundly next to my GF who will really appreciate the extra time on this Valentines day.
  • monkeyhat
    monkeyhat Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    lol kane i think its the latter, that being stoned :P
    edited February 2009
    ewww yuck lol

what you saying eww yuck for?.....:(
  • LunarLove - Heavens Tear
    LunarLove - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    All of this from some idiots abusing a bug. Gah if you know it's a bug, a gm/admin is going to notice it sooner or later.
  • monkeyhat
    monkeyhat Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    what you saying eww yuck for?.....:(

obviously some1 not into the whole weed thing
    edited February 2009
    i dont do it thats all. but ima go take care guys
    edited February 2009
    weed isnt all that bad seriously there are FAR worse things we could be doing
  • Sybershot - Lost City
    Sybershot - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    b:shocked WOW you guys still up and PW stil not fixed haha good thing i went to bed b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.