Emergency Maintenance - Complete!

Options

Comments

• Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Come on guys, stop with speculations, if will be a rollback or no, we don't know. wait to see what happens.
    Now go, take a shower, watch some TV, explore their navel, try to beat the record of jump rope, etc.
    Have patience, the world was not raised in two minutes.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • Arlen - Lost City
    Arlen - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ughn.. somone else from Lost city speak up... I feel lonely.
    ...Ehh.
  • Furious_bm - Heavens Tear
    Furious_bm - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    sometimes...not often but sometimes things slip through the cracks for a bit ...

like everyone that has a job the workload can sometimes be so heavy that the issue isnt noticed right away..

i know that GM's have some sort of obligation to ensure the game runs smoothly but you do realize the GM's are employees and maybe they can only mod the game and report the situation ..might not be their descision to shut down at all ....

with that said just remember even GM's have to report to someone else as well
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Good lord. Generally staff members know more about the actual problems than you do. In games like this, every time something is transacted in the game, it is recorded in the database. That's why you don't have to 'save the game' before you log out. Why would we roll back when a glitch occurs that can be fixed?

And no. Why would the people running the server want exploits that steals from the money that keeps their servers up and running? Think before you type, please. Peferrably learn to spell, also.

Actually they made double the money, for what it's worth..No they can't simply click a few buttons and ban the members.. They would have done that already. A roll back would get rid of the glitch,Get rid of the money exploited,And it wont hurt any of those poor people that thought a GM said THERE WILL BE A RE ROLL so they bought tons of worldchats.There fault of course, But still it'd ease everyone if there was a re roll. You jsut want your 15 hrs :(
  • bethel
    bethel Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Oh come on guys, it's only a game!!!! A plane crashed today killing 49 people, everyday people are killed or injured in horrible accidents and you lot are worried about a bit of inconvenience? GET A GRIP!!!
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    sometimes...not often but sometimes things slip through the cracks for a bit ...

like everyone that has a job the workload can sometimes be so heavy that the issue isnt noticed right away..

i know that GM's have some sort of obligation to ensure the game runs smoothly but you do realize the GM's are employees and maybe they can only mod the game and report the situation ..might not be their descision to shut down at all ....

with that said just remember even GM's have to report to someone else as well

That's the point I've been trying to make. Thank you b:victory
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Arlen - Lost City
    Arlen - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Oh yeah.. well one time at band camp...

You know what?...nevermind. b:surrender
    ...Ehh.
  • Nomaad - Heavens Tear
    Nomaad - Heavens Tear Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Come on guys, stop with speculations, if will be a rollback or no, we don't know. wait to see what happens.
    Now go, take a shower, watch some TV, explore their navel, try to beat the record of jump rope, etc.
    Have patience, the world was not raised in two minutes.

b:bye

NOOOOOOOOES! JUMP ROPE RECORD IS MINE!!!b:chuckle
  • Furious_bm - Heavens Tear
    Furious_bm - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    That's the point I've been trying to make. Thank you b:victory
    np just tryin to clear up the fact that everyone has to follow some sort of CoC
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    PWE Devs are working to fix the issues from last night's patch.

No ETA yet on when the servers will be back up.

We like to be in the game too b:victory

Please keep assumptions and rumors as just that, do not take those as truths.

Please look for official posts from Admins here on the forums in regards to the emergency server maintenance.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • keannaz1
    keannaz1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Again, how do you know they didn't begin to work on something? Because it wasn't twelve hours that the gold prices were that high in HT. I know this also because I was checking gold rate at about 3am PST. and the rates were NORMAL. So don't try and tell me in HT that it was 12 hours.

GMs have a process with which to solve problems, much like they try to get us to use tickets when we have issues in game as well. Problems are solved slowly. That's the way it works. You wanna be impatient, you're playing the wrong mmo

oh goodness. You are taking things to literal. Maybe you need some patience. I dont even care about the down time. I care about the fact that honest players are getting set back because of glitchers. And to sit there and say GM's are justified in letting a problem they "NOTICE", since you are saying they did notice, run on kinda puts you in the wrong here. You wanna be serious here it is.

Gold prices did not jump in 15 mins. They did not jump in 30 mins. They did Not jump in an hour. This is hours we are talking about. When you have a major problem like this that they deemed big enough for an emergency maintenace you close the server down as soon as you find out. not wait. Even 3am PST that ummmmmmmmmmm..........11 hours? maybe give or take a few hours. So why wait on the problem, let players grind and what now, then have a roll back. What you are saying makes the GM's look worse. Maybe you should not speak for them
  • Vaxi - Sanctuary
    Vaxi - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Actually they made double the money, for what it's worth..No they can't simply click a few buttons and ban the members.. They would have done that already. A roll back would get rid of the glitch,Get rid of the money exploited,And it wont hurt any of those poor people that thought a GM said THERE WILL BE A RE ROLL so they bought tons of worldchats.There fault of course, But still it'd ease everyone if there was a re roll. You jsut want your 15 hrs :(

If someone scamed, then it's only the person(s) scammed who's fault it is. And yeah, they can just click a few buttons and ban people. What kind of game wouldn't have GM abilities, or server admins who don't know how to block an IP from accessing a server? Ban an account? There's a one-touch button for things like this.

And 15 hours? I didn't even play during the time of the glitching. I haven't played in almost 24 hours. I'm just trying to clear up some of this confusion and educate some people who jump in and talk about things they don't know about and spread rumors and cause a ruckus in the forums.
    Sig options = fail.

b:irritated
  • Archaine - Heavens Tear
    Archaine - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ive been playing mmo's for years,but this is the first free version I've tried. I guess I'll go with the flow on this one as I've experieced this kind of thing in a game that charged me a fee to play.Hey at least I'm not po'ed about wanting payed time refunded.Also..it's really above my expectations from a freebee game..nice job.
  • Eltherian - Lost City
    Eltherian - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well, this is an interesting development. I wanted to do some hardcore lvling today, but it appears that this is not going to happen. While I would not like to see a rollback happen, I would not have a problem as it may be necessary to fix several of the problems that have occurred throughout the servers. I can wait as long as it takes, and I hope the GMs can get this problem fixed. I throw my full support behind this wonderful game's GMs and I trust that they are doing the best that they possibly can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <---- Greater than a Phoenix.
  • odb
    odb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    no rollback=quit and file lawsuit against pwi for every penny i have spent on this game back because of unfair business practices. they are offering a service and there are common sense expectations that the game will be run fairly for everyone. if this is left to remain as is with just the bug removed and leaving all this excess money in game i guarantee anyone who files a lawsuit will win. they can argue that its a free game and money paid for gold are donations all they want but common sense says that there are certain expectations to have a fair chance in game.

if PWI wants to test my theory i already consulted with a lawyer about it and he is drooling over the possibility of a class action lawsuit.
  • l1ghtn1ng36
    l1ghtn1ng36 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Dang I hope there is a rollback cause i spent 240k on teles in the last 3 minutesb:laughb:chuckle
  • russe1
    russe1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So look i got time to get some posts.... anywho.. roll back lol.... if it happens i only been playin 3 days bought lots of gold... would hate to lose the stuff i got.... and not really worried about it.. this game is a complex game i am sure they have a way to fix anything that happen without a rollback... So CHILL and i am sure they are really busy at work fixing this... understand they get paid to make sure the game works good for us let them do there job... would rather it work good that suxxxx
  • Lirgorn - Heavens Tear
    Lirgorn - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    *bets $20 the forum server crashes next*

Ive not seen this many threads/posts appear this fast on a forum since the Halo ARG days :P

*edit* ROFL at the Lawsuit guy haha! If every person i seen post stuff like that on the internet actualy did it the video game industry would have died in the 90s!
    Currently playing:
    Lirgorn - Heavens Tear - Lv.7X Wiz - Elysium
    Akkari - Lost City - Lv.4X Archer - Guildless (as of 19/02/09)

Rolling Harshlands upon release! Archer all the way!
    Rule34!

Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he can promptly forget he ever didnt know and call people "noobs" in the fishing forums.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    keannaz1 wrote: »
    oh goodness. You are taking things to literal. Maybe you need some patience. I dont even care about the down time. I care about the fact that honest players are getting set back because of glitchers. And to sit there and say GM's are justified in letting a problem they "NOTICE", since you are saying they did notice, run on kinda puts you in the wrong here. You wanna be serious here it is.

Gold prices did not jump in 15 mins. They did not jump in 30 mins. They did Not jump in an hour. This is hours we are talking about. When you have a major problem like this that they deemed big enough for an emergency maintenace you close the server down as soon as you find out. not wait. Even 3am PST that ummmmmmmmmmm..........11 hours? maybe give or take a few hours. So why wait on the problem, let players grind and what now, then have a roll back. What you are saying makes the GM's look worse. Maybe you should not speak for them

LMAO. Your attacks on me just make me laugh. I care not about losing the coinage or exp I earned before the emergency maintenance. I'm trying to get you to lay off the GMs. Like Furious said, they have to answer to people too. Just because they didn't notice when YOU wanted them to, doesn't mean they weren't already working on getting people on fixing it.

And by the way, servers went down for emergency maintenance at about hmm.... 12 noon pst, and again you fail. XD

And I'm not speaking for the GMs, I am merely suggesting what could be POSSIBLE. kthxbai
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    bethel wrote: »
    Oh come on guys, it's only a game!!!! A plane crashed today killing 49 people, everyday people are killed or injured in horrible accidents and you lot are worried about a bit of inconvenience? GET A GRIP!!!

Nice to see someone with a grip on reality.

The game is down... turn off your computer, go pet your dog, call your mother, clean your navel, spank the monkey, or whatever you do for those precious few minutes away from Perfect World. Take your time... I'll be here waiting... lonely... griping... cussing at the GMs for you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lady_Nineve - Sanctuary
    Lady_Nineve - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm not hugely worried. I'm watching to see when the servers will be hot again, and surfing while I do.

My biggest gripe is with myself. I forgot to write down the address of the Valiance faction website.

Nineve
  • XPapewaiox - Lost City
    XPapewaiox - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    odb wrote: »
    no rollback=quit and file lawsuit against pwi for every penny i have spent on this game back because of unfair business practices. they are offering a service and there are common sense expectations that the game will be run fairly for everyone. if this is left to remain as is with just the bug removed and leaving all this excess money in game i guarantee anyone who files a lawsuit will win. they can argue that its a free game and money paid for gold are donations all they want but common sense says that there are certain expectations to have a fair chance in game.

if PWI wants to test my theory i already consulted with a lawyer about it and he is drooling over the possibility of a class action lawsuit.

Wow, another internet tough guy. The amount you'd have to spend to win your money back would be astronomically higher than the money you spent, and no lawyer has ever won a class-action lawsuit against an MMO. Your blustering does nothing, you've talked to no lawyer, and you're going to wait for the fix like the rest of us. Maybe if we get lucky you'll leave to go to another MMO to complain.

You sir, FAIL. EPICALLY. At trolling AND at being an internet tough guy. :)
  • Vaxi - Sanctuary
    Vaxi - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms

Read section 16. Have fun with lawsuits when you inadvertedly agreed to this disclaimer/TAC by downloading this game, sending them money, creating an account... Yeah.
    Sig options = fail.

b:irritated
  • lterror
    lterror Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    keannaz1 wrote: »
    If there is a rollback i will seriously just have lost faith in this game. I mean i got lucky on my first try and got an adorable vixen wrap. Wonderful color. I am already attached to it and will be extremly upset if i have to get a new one and it is an icky color. b:sad What's worse is i did not exploit this bug, had nothing to do with it and now myself and all those who had no hand in it are going to be punished if there is a rollback. I also spent time leveling my pets and their skills. If there is a roll back i have to regrind. I seriously am hoping there is no roll back -keeps fingers crossed-

no offense, but what do you mean you spent a long time leveling your pets and their skills? the servers came back online at like 3:15CST this morning and were taken offline about noon-1pm so at most, you worked for 10 hours.. that's not a "long time".. especially when it takes some of us 3-4 days to get a level (I require over 3M xp in order to level and quests only give me like 14%.. ) (even the daily quests only give 9% for the 2 of them)
  • l1ghtn1ng36
    l1ghtn1ng36 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Obviously there should be a rickrollback to patch 71 not to 3 days earlier -_"
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Wow, another internet tough guy. The amount you'd have to spend to win your money back would be astronomically higher than the money you spent, and no lawyer has ever won a class-action lawsuit against an MMO. Your blustering does nothing, you've talked to no lawyer, and you're going to wait for the fix like the rest of us. Maybe if we get lucky you'll leave to go to another MMO to complain.

You sir, FAIL. EPICALLY. At trolling AND at being an internet tough guy. :)

Well oh yeah! My daddy can beat up your daddy.
    Damn I must be bored... here monkey monkey monkey.... WACK!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mastrmustard - Sanctuary
    Mastrmustard - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

ROFL. I'm sure that all those people who went to an amusement park were upset when the ride they really wanted to ride was closed down that day. Or all the people who went to a headlining comedian but his jokes were bad and off color. Maybe all of those people should sue too. After all wouldn't the ride being closed or poor entertainment be equivalent to a "bug". I would be interested to see if you can actually win a case that is based on money you spent for entertainment and were not 100% satisfied with the outcome. not to mention.. I bet PWE has some damn good lawyers that would love to have some cases.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    PWE Devs are working to fix the issues from last night's patch.

No ETA yet on when the servers will be back up.

We like to be in the game too b:victory

Please keep assumptions and rumors as just that, do not take those as truths.

Please look for official posts from Admins here on the forums in regards to the emergency server maintenance.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I like this... GMs keeping us informed... I feel important...sniff sniff
    Now if they would just return the Charm packs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

believe me. convincing players to be favourable to the rollback is the best way.
    politics > law
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.