Emergency Maintenance - Complete!

Options

Comments

• Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ROLLBACK IS THE ONLY SOLUTION>>> EXPLOITERS SENT THEIR MONEY TO FRIEND/GUIDLY/OTHER ACCOUNT>>>THIS CANT BE TRACED.

And a double exp weekend to make those happy who spent alot of time on leveling(including me) in the last hours.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Everyone worried about a rollback? I'm sure one day's worth of PW is not going to make everyone poor as dirt and start from level 1 again. The only reason that one might happen is to bring the time back till just before the glitching began to occur.

Generally, on any other game, if something like this happens, they keep records of everyone's zen increases/decreases, and will most likely reinburse what was actually lost in the total amount of zen that was involved. As for in-game items... if you were able to make something during the glitching, or make some ton of money right while it was going on, well with a rollback, all the transactions will be from whatever the rollback time would have been. So if you sold something, apparently you can do it again.

A glitch and possible rollback isn't gonna end the world. Not to mention, the rollback was mentioned by a player anyway, nothing from the staff has been said about any rollback, this is what rumors do.

Agreed, considering the only mention of a rollback on HT was from the GMs and it said something about a rollback not completely decided yet. And that's the last I'd heard from a GM before I logged safely when they said to.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • GayaGER - Lost City
    GayaGER - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    heya guys dw this takes time for a while

the gm's work fast and hard for us also dont worry we all like pw and need to play me too lolz ^^ i wait i hope the the server comes up soon
  • XPapewaiox - Lost City
    XPapewaiox - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Let me get this straight. You want double exp for 48 hours because you lost maybe 8 hours of grinding? Riiiight... Just do the rollback and fix the server. If people get upset by 8 hours of grinding, well... in 8 hours they'll be caught up. No reason to make the fix more complicated than it needs to be.
  • djvj
    djvj Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    so any1 know when this will be done?
  • IceMomo - Heavens Tear
    IceMomo - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yasuni, Thats actually a good idea, to give every player a Double exp over the weekend to compensate what was lost through the Roll back. b:victory
  • Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    yeah atleast a rollback.

and the double exp shud be reasonable to make people happy for their wasted time, tough guy"?
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    CASH SHOP ITEMS WERE EXPLOITED N GLITCHED MODERATOR HAS CONFIRMED IT..

VOTE YES FOR ROLLBACK

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188322

XARFOX VOTED NO CUZ THEY WANT MORE EXPLOITS N MONEY OFF OF US..NEW PW MY?

I RATHER LOSE 15 HOURS RATHER THEN 200M++ TO EXPLOITERS..STOP BEING SELFISH AND VOTE YES..I DONT WANT PW MY..I DONT GOT ALOT OF SPARE TIME EITHER, SO 15 HRS IS ALOT TO ME..I STILL RATHER HAVE ROLLBACK OF 15HRS
  • metoo08
    metoo08 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Let me get this straight. You want double exp for 48 hours because you lost maybe 8 hours of grinding? Riiiight... Just do the rollback and fix the server. If people get upset by 8 hours of grinding, well... in 8 hours they'll be caught up. No reason to make the fix more complicated than it needs to be.

**grins evilly playing the devil's advocate** If they do give double xp, they can be "caught up" in 4!
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    While double exp is a good idea for some who lost exp grinding before any possible rollback...

for those that didn't, they would get free double exp. that's not completely fair imo.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • The_monk - Heavens Tear
    The_monk - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

I agree just fix the thing and get back to normal **** happens and today is,
    just another day so stop moaning and let them fix it and then we can play and have fun again
    regards
    Tattso
  • Craiz - Heavens Tear
    Craiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    djvj wrote: »
    so any1 know when this will be done?
    when it is fixed
  • Lillythelost - Heavens Tear
    Lillythelost - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    omg and i thought i have a problem ,, really u guyz with high lvls and high manufacturing lvls making wapons ,, u have a bigger problem than mine b:shocked and i was feeling bad for the rollback,, im just a bigner and u guyz spent alot of time in lvling and stuff,, now i hope there wont be a rollback not for me ,, just for u guyz ,, cuase i know high lvls dont get lvled as easy as low lvls and for the nice gears if its gone b:cry it so bad cause ive been there guyz ( but that was in another game ) specially gears worths mells and with high stats ect... so my fingers are crossed for u guyz ....
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    All speculation about a rollback that we dont know if will happen, wait patiently, and I agree to wait as long as necessary if problems are solved in general. b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • keannaz1
    keannaz1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    heya guys dw this takes time for a while

the gm's work fast and hard for us also dont worry we all like pw and need to play me too lolz ^^ i wait i hope the the server comes up soon
    No, i am kinda mad at the GM's atm. No one can explain how not a single GM noticed the bug before 12 HOURS had passed. Thats ridiculous in my opinion especially since it is their job to look out for and fix problems.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    keannaz1 wrote: »
    No, i am kinda mad at the GM's atm. No one can explain how not a single GM didn't notice the bug before 12 HOURS had passed. Thats ridiculous in my opinion especially since it is their job to look out for and fix problems.

How do you know for sure they DIDN'T know? I know for sure GM Kantorek was online when the servers came back up. I'm sure the GMs were well aware of a bug and already working on coming to a reasonable solution to fix it or go about fixing it.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i'm going to tell what's going to happen IF there's NO rollback.

1. gold will stay inflacted for some time. perhaps weeks.
    2. rare items will be inflacted, like some 3-star with perfect options, some legendary and TT items with golden names.
    3. suddenly very few people will appear will all items +9 and higher. always denying the expenses with items and upgrades were paid with "dirty money".
    4. that small group will unite and make a guild. then they recruit high levels for TW
    5. they start to take territories and to gain more and more members.
    6. the very few people who insist "accusing" them of exploiting bugs will get ksed and pked.
    7. finally, they turn to be and worshipped by lower players and respected by TW guilds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • EP_DarkSol - Lost City
    EP_DarkSol - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Simple. The GMs work 9-to-5, like everyone else. It's not right to expect them to work crazy hours to support a F2P game. They're doing enough trying to keep maintenance at peak hours to a minimum.
  • Akronoss - Heavens Tear
    Akronoss - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Woah hope I don't get knocked back to lvl 1 :P
  • _bloodkandy_ - Heavens Tear
    _bloodkandy_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    How do you know for sure they DIDN'T know? I know for sure GM Kantorek was online when the servers came back up. I'm sure the GMs were well aware of a bug and already working on coming to a reasonable solution to fix it or go about fixing it.

rivers is completely right, i mean look at us; how we are trying to understand whats happening. did it ever occur to you that maybe, maybe the GM's have to do the same thing to asses a problem correctly?b:surrender
  • Konya - Sanctuary
    Konya - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i have a queston. if u knew the price of the gold did not look right then y waste your hard earned money and buy it? someone had to know something was wrong if the price of gold said 600k
  • keannaz1
    keannaz1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

ok, but again 12 HOURS? It's not like this is a short amount of time. That is half a day. It took them that long to think of a solution. They should have shut down the servers for maintenance as soon as they noticed. So if what you are saying is true and they did notice and let it run on like that for so long, it is even a bigger mistake on their part
  • _bloodkandy_ - Heavens Tear
    _bloodkandy_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    uhm... noob question... but ive been playing PWI for a while and a quite a commited/semi-freindly played(depends who ya are ;D) but i havnt a clue how to work the gold trading at AH =/
  • Diminished - Sanctuary
    Diminished - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    akrons wrote: »
    Second day playing this game, and already one maintenance, and one emergency maintenance! lol I think someone doesn't want me to play this game b:laugh

Been playing 3-4 months, this is the first time ive seen
  • Vaxi - Sanctuary
    Vaxi - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    CASH SHOP ITEMS WERE EXPLOITED N GLITCHED MODERATOR HAS CONFIRMED IT..

VOTE YES FOR ROLLBACK

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188322

XARFOX VOTED NO CUZ THEY WANT MORE EXPLOITS N MONEY OFF OF US..NEW PW MY?

I RATHER LOSE 15 HOURS RATHER THEN 200M++ TO EXPLOITERS..STOP BEING SELFISH AND VOTE YES..I DONT WANT PW MY..I DONT GOT ALOT OF SPARE TIME EITHER, SO 15 HRS IS ALOT TO ME..I STILL RATHER HAVE ROLLBACK OF 15HRS

Good lord. Generally staff members know more about the actual problems than you do. In games like this, every time something is transacted in the game, it is recorded in the database. That's why you don't have to 'save the game' before you log out. Why would we roll back when a glitch occurs that can be fixed?

And no. Why would the people running the server want exploits that steals from the money that keeps their servers up and running? Think before you type, please. Peferrably learn to spell, also.

EDIT: only in the occruence of a database crash would a rollback need to be instated. now, if it is told that already by the staff that nothing is wrong with AH, then apparently nothing is wrong with the database. The only loss you'll have after servers are back up would be possibly exp scroll time that's running and the x amount of hours lost of gameplay while the servers were down. Ban the exploiters and reinburse any users that are proven to have been exploited and everything will be fine.
    Sig options = fail.

b:irritated
  • Ananana - Heavens Tear
    Ananana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ongoing maintenance?

I can not even log in.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    keannaz1 wrote: »
    ok, but again 12 HOURS? It's not like this is a short amount of time. That is half a day. It took them that long to think of a solution. They should have shut down the servers for maintenance as soon as they noticed. So if what you are saying is true and they did notice and let it run on like that for so long, it is even a bigger mistake on their part

Again, how do you know they didn't begin to work on something? Because it wasn't twelve hours that the gold prices were that high in HT. I know this also because I was checking gold rate at about 3am PST. and the rates were NORMAL. So don't try and tell me in HT that it was 12 hours.

GMs have a process with which to solve problems, much like they try to get us to use tickets when we have issues in game as well. Problems are solved slowly. That's the way it works. You wanna be impatient, you're playing the wrong mmo
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nubble - Heavens Tear
    Nubble - Heavens Tear Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Woah hope I don't get knocked back to lvl 1 :P

lol that made my day :D
  • phantomk
    phantomk Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You know the word Inflation?
  • spinosu