Emergency Maintenance - Complete!

Options

Comments

• _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Better this then stuck somewhere and dont play a long time.
    Why you all give reactions like this?

I agree with you.

And I'm not upset or annoyed. I'm just excited to be able to play again after the bugs are fixed so i can get some new clothes XD
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • LunarLove - Heavens Tear
    LunarLove - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Not trying to be mean, but some of you people have no sense. If the gold market gets screwed up, it's not just going to make a few people rich. The entire market would be screwed as well. Our primary market prices run off gold prices, so 600k per gold would really **** everyone over. If 1 star dragon orbs are 30k for base gold price of 100k/gold, what would it cost at 600K? Too damn much, that's what. b:spit
  • dredsgirl
    dredsgirl Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ummmm is this emergency maintenance gonna affect anything in game cuz before the server went down i bought 500k worth of dye.
  • EP_DarkSol - Lost City
    EP_DarkSol - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    And I crafted some kick **** armor with materials I bought from the cash shop.

But I play on LC, so I think I'll be ok... We didn't have a gold problem, unless I missed something.
  • skydragon76
    skydragon76 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    was just wondering that i heard something about a roll back to lvl 1? is this true? and if so what about the zen?

thanks
  • Roseddesor - Heavens Tear
    Roseddesor - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    dredsgirl wrote: »
    Ummmm is this emergency maintenance gonna affect anything in game cuz before the server went down i bought 500k worth of dye.

Yeah, theres going to be a rollback of everything.
  • Roseddesor - Heavens Tear
    Roseddesor - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    was just wondering that i heard something about a roll back to lvl 1? is this true? and if so what about the zen?

thanks

Longest rollback would be last night's maintenance.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Happy Friday the 13th?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • keannaz1
    keannaz1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I have heard so many shouting about the gold market - but whatever happened there will have only a small effect for just a short time, and yes, some players will have made a lot of coins, but they will just as quick be spent again, whilst a roll-back would effect those who actually invested real money, and it is them who keep a game like Perfect World on the net, so anybody complaining about those players being ingame 'rich' should also remember that it is exactly those players who keep the game free to play for all others ^_~

And well, I bought sth today I rly rly like, and a rollback would take it from me with all odds stacked against me of getting lucky a second time, so I definitely would be seriously upset about a roll-back, and I bet many others would be too, for a whole array of different personal reasons, so yes - better not be a rollback, as my confidence into this game would drop right into the cellar b:sad and that where I otherwise so love this game *keeps fingers crossed for keeping that pixel outfit she really adores just as it is*

If there is a rollback i will seriously just have lost faith in this game. I mean i got lucky on my first try and got an adorable vixen wrap. Wonderful color. I am already attached to it and will be extremly upset if i have to get a new one and it is an icky color. b:sad What's worse is i did not exploit this bug, had nothing to do with it and now myself and all those who had no hand in it are going to be punished if there is a rollback. I also spent time leveling my pets and their skills. If there is a roll back i have to regrind. I seriously am hoping there is no roll back -keeps fingers crossed-
  • Arlen - Lost City
    Arlen - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Somone have fun with me in the Secret Passage when its back up. o.~
    ...Ehh.
  • Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Rollback Is The Only Solution>>> Exploiters Sent Their Money To Friend/guidly/other Account>>>this Cant Be Traced.
  • Arlen - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Rawr...Somone better come play with me in the Secret passage when it's up...seriously.

Hmmm...dunno why thats such a popular hang out spot for some.
    ...Ehh.
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    CASH SHOP ITEMS WERE EXPLOITED N GLITCHED MODERATOR HAS CONFIRMED IT..

VOTE YES FOR ROLLBACK

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188322

XARFOX VOTED NO CUZ THEY WANT MORE EXPLOITS N MONEY OFF OF US..NEW PW MY?

Use common sense people ..and GMs to.. I want a rol lback...you GMs saw worldchat it was full of 'YES ROLLBACK' b:cry
  • Strikersonic - Heavens Tear
    Strikersonic - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Awwwww i want to play PW DX oh well bak to ES then XDDD
  • Arlen - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Errr.. also...Anyone interested in buying my camo top, chain pants, combat gloves, or chain boots? <>.<>... just thought I'd try my luck on the forums.
    ...Ehh.
  • keannaz1
    keannaz1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You know, i wouldn't be nearly as upset if it hadn't been so many hours. I mean wth is that. Not one single GM noticed the gold problem before 12 hours had passed? Isn't it their job to i dont know......watch for problems in the game? You think at least ONE would have been like hmmmm.....geee......the gold market seems a little screwy.
  • dredsgirl
    edited February 2009
    Options
    so, this rollback thing....will we get our money back that we spent?
  • skydragon76
    skydragon76 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    does this mean back to square one? lvl 1 for all persons that you built? and then how about the zen?

thanks
  • smokentoke
    smokentoke Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    if it rolls back i lose lvls i worked hours to get, which wouldnt be right. im gonna vote no on that rollback.
  • IceMomo - Heavens Tear
    IceMomo - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Roll back hmm, I just bought some clothes from the boutique too. Do I get a Refund then o.O". *crosses Fingers*.

Is the Server back on because I can open PW but I don't wanna Log in if it isn't back on and lose my char some how. =.='
  • Fyirefly - Sanctuary
    Fyirefly - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I actually spent real money today in this game. Would we be refunded our gold that we spent during the lost rolled back hours?
  • Slinkey - Heavens Tear
    Slinkey - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Like many other out there i was lvling when i heard about the bugs i guess we all knew something was up the way gold prices shot up.

But unlike most of the complainers i stopped trying to lvl logged out and chilled for a few hours. Some of you tryed to make a good profit out of 1 of the bugs, this is for you HAHAHAHA b:thanks

But come on guys/girls theres not 1 but 2 major bugs that i knew of with-in 15 min's of getting on the server. Some tried to make a profit hopping they wouldn't have a roll back, LIKE THAT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Players using bugs to gain an unfair advantage is always going to lead to a roll-back.

I hope the legit players didnt loose too much of your lvls tho but next time think if bugs like this come again get some time away b:victory
  • dredsgirl
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i don't know about you all, but 500k is a lot to me. so if i lose the items i bought, i better get my 500k back.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The best way to do a rollback:

All gold that was spent in the cash shop is returned. All gold that was bought or sold in the AH is reset. (this will make it so if you had the gold before maint you still have it and if you bought any with real money after maint you have it back as well, but you will not have any of the items you may have bought with it, and if you sold it in the AH you get it back as well.)

Everything else is rolled back to when maint ended.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • wind16
    wind16 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    man this sucks. one min me and my new friends were playin, and the next, the game locks me out! this is BS on too many lvls.
  • Norgannon - Lost City
    Norgannon - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm completely lost now. -_-

What bug is this? What happened? I wasn't on at the time.
  • dredsgirl
    edited February 2009
    Options
    oh tyvm Zoe. i am relieved to know that! :P
    i was about to freak out lol
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't mind having to grind again. It was only about 100k that I was able to grind in the short time I was on between the server maint. ending and now, but hey it worked XD

If there's a rollback, I'll be cool with it. Just gives me something to look forward to again, since I had no idea about the gold prices until right before the emergency maintenance.

As far as losing gold or coinage... I wouldn't worry too much guys/gals. The mods and GMs will make sure things are done fairly and in our best interests.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Vaxi - Sanctuary
    Vaxi - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Everyone worried about a rollback? I'm sure one day's worth of PW is not going to make everyone poor as dirt and start from level 1 again. The only reason that one might happen is to bring the time back till just before the glitching began to occur.

Generally, on any other game, if something like this happens, they keep records of everyone's zen increases/decreases, and will most likely reinburse what was actually lost in the total amount of zen that was involved. As for in-game items... if you were able to make something during the glitching, or make some ton of money right while it was going on, well with a rollback, all the transactions will be from whatever the rollback time would have been. So if you sold something, apparently you can do it again.

A glitch and possible rollback isn't gonna end the world. Not to mention, the rollback was mentioned by a player anyway, nothing from the staff has been said about any rollback, this is what rumors do.
    Sig options = fail.

b:irritated
  • revoker
    revoker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Aww man. Friday 13th had to come true in the end... for all the wrong reasons. This foiled my Friday night plans. :(