Emergency Maintenance - Complete!

Options
dvorak
dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Happy Friday the 13th!

Due to technical and service issues we have currently shut down game service to conduct emergency maintenance.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope to restore service as soon as possible!

-UPDATE-

We are still in the process of identifying and repairing issues caused by last night's patch. Etherblade Lake is one issue but there are others and they will all be resolved before we restore service again. Stay tuned for further updates.

-UPDATE #2 (6 p.m. Pacific) -

All technical issues have been identified and are currently being fixed as well as tested. All game service will be restored at approximately 1 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 14 (approx. 7 hours from this update). We do apologize for this extended length of service outage but felt it was necessary to extend it somewhat to make sure that all issues caused by last night's patch is fully tested and working properly.

Again, we offer the sincerest of apologies for all of the various inconveniences caused by today's service outage. Please enjoy your weekend and Happy Valentine's Day to all!

pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
Post edited by dvorak on

Comments

• Crafty_Mama - Sanctuary
    Crafty_Mama - Sanctuary Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    so aahhh dis is gonna take awhile isnt itb:pleased
    rawr^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    NOOOOOO!

b:laugh
  • lethalownage
    lethalownage Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I dunno if it's just me, but I just got D/Ced, and cannot log back in. I get a login timeout.

Is this happening to everyone?
    Also, where the news page should appear I get a 'page not found', but this time it doesn't change.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It would be nice if y'all addressed the issues now that you brought the servers down for maintenance .. you have some time to draft a little message saying these are the issues we are trying to fix and answer the issue of a possible rollback .. there are a lot of concerned players out there because of the massive market issues that cropped up
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This is the work of a secret organization, plotting to destroy this Perfect World. Even with our strengths... will this battle be won..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It would be nice if y'all addressed the issues now that you brought the servers down for maintenance .. you have some time to draft a little message saying these are the issues we are trying to fix and answer the issue of a possible rollback .. there are a lot of concerned players out there because of the massive market issues that cropped up

it may take you awhile but i would rather have answers then left in the darkb:thanks
    rawr^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rocky - Heavens Tear
    Rocky - Heavens Tear Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    now some1 will post " I want my charm packs ".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This is the work of a secret organization, plotting to destroy this Perfect World. Even with our strengths... will this battle be won..

ahhhhh.....
    rawr^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    now some1 will post " I want my charm packs ".

hahaha of course lolb:laugh
    rawr^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deumos - Lost City
    Deumos - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    what of us who had a exp scroll on?
    will that time be lost?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Any idea when servers might be back on?
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • shaozhen
    shaozhen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Withdraw Symptoms!!!!!
  • Lillythelost - Heavens Tear
    Lillythelost - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i cant believe that there might be a rollback, i started this game and made a cleric and i missed up the states so i made another one just today i lvled her to 11 sadly ( i grind slowly sadly) and if there is a rollback that means i would be lvl 1 again ??!! i hope they can fix the problems i was reading about in the posts without a rollback if possible b:sad can any one tell me if there is a hope to fix the problems with no rollback plz ??!!b:cry
  • deathmarine
    deathmarine Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    my weapons I made today :O
    and my friend made a 3 star Armour :(
    hate if it is a rolleback
    and lvl you can do but chanse to get a good armour or wep from manufacturing is really really rare. esp 3 stars
  • akrons
    akrons Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Second day playing this game, and already one maintenance, and one emergency maintenance! lol I think someone doesn't want me to play this game b:laugh
  • josefinemutzenbacher
    josefinemutzenbacher Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I believe this is the punishment for removing the charm packs :>

Sooooo... don't hurry and spend your time fixing all the existing problems along with the new ones.

Just to remind you of some of the previous issues that need to be fixed:
    - the boss soloing problem (flypet killing Gouf and others no problem)
    - the archer zhen problem
    - the bugged phoenix flesh realm
    - fb29 boss that can be lured through the door
    - charm packs problem

I don't mind waiting even a week for servers to be back online if these are getting fixed...
  • darffy
    darffy Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    b:beatup
    " I want my charm packs "
  • Norgannon - Lost City
    Norgannon - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I want my damn Charm Pack. :O
  • Anjina - Sanctuary
    Anjina - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I have heard so many shouting about the gold market - but whatever happened there will have only a small effect for just a short time, and yes, some players will have made a lot of coins, but they will just as quick be spent again, whilst a roll-back would effect those who actually invested real money, and it is them who keep a game like Perfect World on the net, so anybody complaining about those players being ingame 'rich' should also remember that it is exactly those players who keep the game free to play for all others ^_~

And well, I bought sth today I rly rly like, and a rollback would take it from me with all odds stacked against me of getting lucky a second time, so I definitely would be seriously upset about a roll-back, and I bet many others would be too, for a whole array of different personal reasons, so yes - better not be a rollback, as my confidence into this game would drop right into the cellar b:sad and that where I otherwise so love this game *keeps fingers crossed for keeping that pixel outfit she really adores just as it is*
  • PanaBella - Heavens Tear
    PanaBella - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I want my damn Charm Pack. :O

If someone coud store the Troll food into a safe place - that would be great
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raiseme_ltu - Sanctuary
    Raiseme_ltu - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    When (after what time about) servers will be turned on?b:sad
  • dorkiesaurus
    dorkiesaurus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    dam you guys are nastier than maplestory players . learn to be a little patient
  • Norgannon - Lost City
    Norgannon - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If someone coud store the Troll food into a safe place - that would be great

Damn, relax girl. If you're stressed because your game got shut down it's ok, but go walk alone.
  • Mari_chan - Heavens Tear
    Mari_chan - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    dam you guys are nastier than maplestory players . learn to be a little patient

lol like someone said before, they are impatient cause they are having withdrawals b:laugh
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Its not that we are nasty, its that we would at least like some sort of time frame with which we can look forward to logging back in. Some of us are excited to grind out the coinage to be able to buy the new clothes.

As for whoever said the phoenix is bugged... check the other threads about that. I disagree, but this isn't the proper place to speak of that.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think i have to be grateful for that disconnection. Now I finally have time to change the light bulb in my living room it's been bothering me for while.

(a while later)
    There. Done. b:pleased
  • Ninjitzu - Heavens Tear
    Ninjitzu - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just started today and now this happens! Typical. b:chuckle
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    realistically the GMs don't know how long it will take to get the bugs sorted.. i don't care about an ETA.. i just wish they would update us on the issue and what they plan on doing it about (roll back or not)
  • Alyjha - Sanctuary
    Alyjha - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Wait, so if this is a rollback my character goes back to lvl1??
    wtf?
  • XDirtyx - Heavens Tear
    XDirtyx - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Better this then stuck somewhere and dont play a long time.
    Why you all give reactions like this?