Remove PK mode from PVE servers

Options
13»

Comments

• Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think there's no need for threads like this. All you gotta do it learn how to be more civilized killers, like Stalin for example. b:sin

Meaning- kill millions but never say nor brag that you did it. b:cool
  • Coviana - Sanctuary
    Coviana - Sanctuary Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well... I'm about as carebear as it gets, and will never play in a PVP environment by choice - i don't even play CHESS anymore, because it's too PVP for me.

However, I firmly disagree with the OP on this. I firmly support the idea of purely OPTIONAL pvp/pk mode, and would be displeased to see the option removed - despite the fact that i never use it myself.

As was stated earlier: the cleric 'victim' in question had chosen to go white - no sympathy for either him/her or his/her party when he/she got ganked. Don't want your squad disrupted like that? only squad with blues.

As for the tactics used by the PKer in question? Espionage is a time-honoured tradition and relies on stealth - if there were a character class called 'Spy' or 'Assassin', it wouldn't be very effective now, would it? People would know not to trust them, making their job nearly impossible. A dirty trick? Certainly - but within the context of the game, nothing wrong with it. It all boils down to the fact that the cleric in question *CHOSE TO GO WHITE* - which carries with it the risk of getting PK'd any time, any place (other than safe zones).

Also already stated by another: the only time i've had sympathy for PK victims who went white on PVE was when the GM conned a bunch of new players into it for an event. I'm hoping that was only a one-time occurrence, but even that may have taught the lesson that you should read instructions on the package before using the contents.
  • Chirinide - Heavens Tear
    Chirinide - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This was probably already said but i got tired of reading at the 3 page of the thread; yet another opinion:

If there is the choice of a PVE and PK/PVP server then i believe the PK should be taken out of the PVE BUT to add (i don't know if it already exist since i'm still new here) an improved duel system, challenge someone, if it accepts you fight 1v1, you want a blood sheet? squad duel; make an squad and challenge another squad, and like that
  • Sifow - Sanctuary
    Sifow - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sorry to say I don't agree with you Saitada~
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I just have this to say to you deadbrain....

You befouled, vitiated poltroon. You blighted, malodorous, mephitic recreant. You are a festering boil on the **** of all humanity. You have all the backbone of a jellyfish. You moribific, feculent simpleton. Would that I could change my species, just so that I might not be associated with you. The stupendous, confounding magnitude of your insipidness astonishes me.

I cannot believe that anyone could muster such a prodigious, astounding level of stupidity. If you were any more asinine or incogitant, you would surely have been put to death long ago. Your vapidity has gone so far beyond any previous boundaries of puerility and nugacity as to banish any and all chances of an intelligent thought from your head. Even the most hardened of regulars unquestionably cannot believe your fatuousness and illogicality.

Your opinions do nothing but lend credence to the overwhelming fact that you are such a driveling simpleton that you cannot find your **** with both hands and a road map. You are the very pinnacle of
    insensateness. You are the model of banality and subnormality. I am aghast at your apparent ability to
    insert your head into your own **** at will.

There cannot be even a fragment of intellectuality or perspicacity to be found within the gaping void which should contain your brain. It amazes me that you are able to perform even the most facile of everyday functions with your exorbitantly disadvantaged and gormless lack of intellect.

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. Don't you know that you are pathetic? You worthless bag of filth. As they say in Texas, "I'll bet you couldn't pour **** out of a boot with instructions on the heel". You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you.

You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you. You are a bloody nardless newbie twit protohominid chromosomally aberrant caricature of a coprophagic cloacal parasitic pond scum, and I wish you would go away.

You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the
    profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a
    stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.

You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal
    accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody,
    abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done.

I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an
    ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell?

If you aren't an idiot, you made a world-class effort at simulating one. Try to edit your writing of
    unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a
    nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.

You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon
    finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame
    of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs.

You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and
    disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot.

And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?

You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile one-handed slack-jawed drooling meatslapper.

On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient in all that lends character.
    You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.

I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid so stupid that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know.
    I'm sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me. After this, you may not hear from me
    again for a while. I don't have enough strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked
    comments about unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this drivel. Duh.

The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. I have snipped away most of what you wrote, because, well... it didn't really say anything. Your attempt at constructing a creative flame was pitiful. I mean, really, stringing together a bunch of insults among a load of babbling was hardly effective... Maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, spell, and count, you will have more success. True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us "normal" people take for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. But we sometimes forget that there are "challenged" persons in this world who find these things more difficult. If I had known, that this was your case then I would have never read your post. It just wouldn't have been "right". Sort of like parking in a handicap space. I wish you the best of luck in the emotional, and social struggles that seem to be placing such a demand on you.--

Now doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy
    inside deadbrain??

LK

*edit* Now i'm not being nice.

p.s. I would sooner rescue a dead slug from being burned, than give you even the slightest help, even if you were bleeding out and only had seconds to live and I was the only one around to help you. I'd stand there, watch you bleed out, and laugh at you as the light faded from your eyes. Then **** on your corpse and walk away. And if ya think i'm kidding.... Try me. That is exactly how little I think your life is worth deadbrain. Don't feel bad though.. I think that way about 90% of humanity... so your not alone when it comes to being considered worth less to me than a dead slug.

Thanks for proving me right! b:chuckle
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    Junon - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    LOL@thread

I don't think you being mean is going to really hurt anyone Saitada. b:laugh

nice Wall -o- text you have there btw.
  • Latentkarma - Lost City
    Latentkarma - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thanks for proving me right! b:chuckle
    Actually deadbrain your totally wrong. There is only one person on Sanctuary that can say they have PK'd me and not be lieing. only ONE. And he PK'd me because I told him "lets go waste a Guardian Angel, I want to see that wicked Barb skill" And we did. People can say they have been killed by me, but only one person can say they have killed me.

BTW, nice to see Seppuku has no territories anymore.. Sasaki was happy to see the screenshots I gave her of Nishtara "plotting nefs destruction" Nishtara's loose lips, sunk ya'lls KSing guilds, ship. all Ur territories R belong to Nefarious!
    Proof:

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m214/Dragonwindspirit/Nishtara/Nishtara.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m214/Dragonwindspirit/Nishtara/Nishtara2.jpg

Thats what I sent to Sasaki. Shortly after... They started moving on ya'lls little corner.. and now.. you have no corner.

LK
    edited February 2009
    Options
    jemima wrote: »
    *edit*
    At least come up with your own flames, rather than plagiarising other people's work. *Insert joke about you never having had any education higher than 10th grade, since otherwise you'd know not to plagiarise*.

http://www.ultimateflame.com/
    I never claimed it was mine, I got that from the actual original forums it was first written on years and years ago. I've used it on a few occasion when I thought the humor it injects is needed, as well as when I think it's just fitting period.

lol.. ya gotta admit... that IS some funny **** though!

LK
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lk stfu bro ur a person who cant even handle pk on the PVE server kindly uninstall the game and go play hello kitty online because clearly you arent someone who can handle a mmo that has pvp in it. Your thesaurus rant is such a joke. Its very apparent you are an unskilled noob and the fact you think so much of yourself R O F L done lol
    You have your facts wrong, I expect this from LC server as they ain't on Sanctuary and haven't seen whats there (under most circumstances) I handle PVP quite well. I don't complain when I get killed, and I don't brag when I kill someone. But then, seeing as only one person on Sanctuary has actually killed me in PK mode... lol.

Dats ok.. I'm working up a cpl toons on LC as well. Pretty much tired of having to deal with the **** and steers on Sanctuary. Oh and if ya want some major PK fun... try some fleet battles in EVE... 300-1200 or more people all out to kill one another.. THATS some fun ****. I actually came to PWI to get a break from pvp originally.. like I said earlier... i'd forgotten how much I despise the idiocy on PVE servers (from back when I played EQ), if I had, Saitada would be on LC and not Sanctuary.

LK
  • perplexity
    perplexity Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Dude, I spent three years in prison (thus my reference), been a heroin addict, and probably been to more places in 44 yrs than you'll ever go in your entire life. blah blah

So, wait. You've "spent three years in prison" and ***** and cry about PK being removed on a PVE server? lol, you must have been the prison asstoy with your pathetic QQing about people who brag about PK on a PVE server.

Oh, and LOL at your attempt to sound intelligent in your last post;
    so your not alone when it comes to being considered worth less to me than a dead slug.
    Maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, spell, and count, you will have more success.
    Irony at it's finest.

I didn't bother to read that long-winded piece of **** you wrote, but I'm positive that in your attempt to sound intelligent, you just made yourself seem 100% mentally-****.

*I sure hope English isn't your first language, or 5th for that matter.

Now, be a good little convict and stick your tongue into an electrical socket.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well... I'm about as carebear as it gets, and will never play in a PVP environment by choice - i don't even play CHESS anymore, because it's too PVP for me.

However, I firmly disagree with the OP on this. I firmly support the idea of purely OPTIONAL pvp/pk mode, and would be displeased to see the option removed - despite the fact that i never use it myself.

As was stated earlier: the cleric 'victim' in question had chosen to go white - no sympathy for either him/her or his/her party when he/she got ganked. Don't want your squad disrupted like that? only squad with blues.

As for the tactics used by the PKer in question? Espionage is a time-honoured tradition and relies on stealth - if there were a character class called 'Spy' or 'Assassin', it wouldn't be very effective now, would it? People would know not to trust them, making their job nearly impossible. A dirty trick? Certainly - but within the context of the game, nothing wrong with it. It all boils down to the fact that the cleric in question *CHOSE TO GO WHITE* - which carries with it the risk of getting PK'd any time, any place (other than safe zones).

Also already stated by another: the only time i've had sympathy for PK victims who went white on PVE was when the GM conned a bunch of new players into it for an event. I'm hoping that was only a one-time occurrence, but even that may have taught the lesson that you should read instructions on the package before using the contents.

lol you should read the thread a bit more.. I stated that while I thought the move was smart... it was still kinda chicken ****. I didn't squad the guy, I was invited into the squad with the guy.. and no, I don't have any sad feelings about the guy getting killed.. as I have stated.. over and over again in these threads, you choose PK mode.. expect to die. Don't whine about it.

That aside, and while I do think the tactic was smart.. it was a pita to have to go find someone else... which we eventually did. I gotta admit though... Dude was sneaky and got himself a kill.... I've often considered using that tactic myself since, but I have this issue about honorable tactics, and I find his.. not so honorable in MY minds eye... Still a pretty funny and smart move.

LK
    edited February 2009
    Options
    perplexity wrote: »
    So, wait. You've "spent three years in prison" and ***** and cry about PK being removed on a PVE server? lol, you must have been the prison asstoy with your pathetic QQing about people who brag about PK on a PVE server.

Oh, and LOL at your attempt to sound intelligent in your last post;
    Irony at it's finest.

I didn't bother to read that long-winded piece of **** you wrote, but I'm positive that in your attempt to sound intelligent, you just made yourself seem 100% mentally-****.

*I sure hope English isn't your first language, or 5th for that matter.

Now, be a good little convict and stick your tongue into an electrical socket.

Didn't write it, quoted it for the enjoyment of what it says. Yes I spent three years in prison. Got an issue about that? Or were you just flapping your yap because your an idiot?...

Always had problems with contractions and a few words in the english language.. But word Na.Zi's always try to use that as a basis to pretend that they are superior to people who have difficulty with language. Let me give you some interesting data about me. I was reading 6th grade lvl in 1st grade, High school lvl by the time I was in 4th grade and collegiate (sp?) by the time I was in 7th grade with a comprehension exceeding 94%.

Having also hated english and grammer.. spelling and punctuation, as well as certain contractions still give me a few issues. A persons ability to spell certain words is NOT a reflection on their intelligence... try to remember that people don't all learn things the same way, and for some.. certain things just don't make any logical sense to us and we can't grab hold of it.

Example: I have to do math every day.. I use fractions in my work constantly w/o thinking about them.. but ask me to calculate fractions on paper.. and i'd be lost. Yet I can grab a tape measure.. and build your house and not ever think about how to do the calculations. They just happen in my brain. Put them down on paper and ask me to add or subtract or divide them.. and i'll stare blankly at you. I actually can feel my thoughts fog up.

Interestingly enough, I am also very much into astronomy where math is needed frequently but here for some reason my brain CAN grasp and work with the numbers and calculations. I've often wondered if it's just a mental block and a severe hatred for old teachers that is messing with me, or if some connection in my brain is crossed somewhere and I really do think differently than most other people.

I am not crying about PK being removed, i'm suggesting it be removed because i'm tired of hearing all the WC bs from the big bad PKr's who pk on a PVE server and how elite they are. If they were so elite, they would not be PKing kittens on the carebear kitty server.

You seem to have issues with me having spent a few years in prison... People make mistakes in life. I got involved in drugs after leaving home at 14 due to my step dad nearly beating me to death and fairly shortly after (about 2 yrs later actually) became a heroin addict. As a direct result of that (about 3 yrs into my addiction) , I spent some time in prison for slinging dope to supply my habit. I got clean a few years after my prison stint, turned my life around and do fairly well for myself now. If you have issues with that then I really DO pity you.

LK
  • Trenith - Heavens Tear
    Trenith - Heavens Tear Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I skipped to this page for the simple fact all yall are writing books.

Leave the PK mode intact on PvE servers. Dueling and PvP are two different things but only carebears say there the same. Probably becuz theyve never stepped into PvP mode. Post creator probably only complaining bout this because theyve been called out for trash talking or w/e and to scared to step into pvp mode.

But whats funny is she says that she would go to the lost city server if she didnt have so much invested into the sanc server...

Then wth u complaining for?

You think the boasting is any less on a pk server...

If so....

Put the pipe down...
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

It is actually... Despite what you may think.

The only people allowed to boast on the PvP server are those who have proven themselves.

If you talk trash you have to back it up, because unlike your server(s) we can and WILL come and make you prove it. Think your a hot shot? There are level 9x's just waiting for a real reason to PK someone other than to protect the lowbies.

You'll find there is less trash talking more crying, or more sexual comments floating about.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I skipped to this page for the simple fact all yall are writing books.

Leave the PK mode intact on PvE servers. Dueling and PvP are two different things but only carebears say there the same. Probably becuz theyve never stepped into PvP mode. Post creator probably only complaining bout this because theyve been called out for trash talking or w/e and to scared to step into pvp mode.

But whats funny is she says that she would go to the lost city server if she didnt have so much invested into the sanc server...

Then wth u complaining for?

If so....

Put the pipe down...

I have and do "step into PK mode" to back up my ****. Only been killed once. So far. I expect that number won't last long b:laugh.

I have no issues with going PK and fighting and or dieing. I don't whine or boast about being killed or how many people I've killed. THAT is the issue I have though, the ones who do and then act bad assed and tough and think their elite etc. I'm sure the drama is there on other servers.. but my experience so far to date on LC (and this is NOT my main on LC, just one of three toons i'm working with), proves that the trash talk isn't as ermmm.... active as it is on Sanc.

And yes.. I AM On the LC server. And I AM leveling my characters. And while I DO have a responsibility to my faction members in Sanc...(and $400.00 in legendary pets and another $800.00+ in other items etc..) I have started playing more on LC than I play on Sanc. I'm still a bit loath to just "walk away" from the cash investment I have made on Sanc. If you had spent that kind of money, I am sure you would be as well.

LK
  • LongThan - Sanctuary
    LongThan - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lol as if the Gm would listen to this kind of stupid ideab:chuckle
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Remove pvp mode for players who moan and complain (for hours) after they have been pk'd *on pvp optional servers*
    What do they expect? To kill who they please but noone choose to kill them?

Its very simple, if you hate being pk'd, leave your flag off. Too deep for some people apparently.

I guess same goes for those who complain on a pvp server. Maybe you should have made a character on a pve server. Duhh.
  • Coviana - Sanctuary
    Coviana - Sanctuary Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Remove pvp mode for players who moan and complain (for hours) after they have been pk'd *on pvp optional servers*
    What do they expect? To kill who they please but noone choose to kill them?

Its very simple, if you hate being pk'd, leave your flag off. Too deep for some people apparently.

I guess same goes for those who complain on a pvp server. Maybe you should have made a character on a pve server. Duhh.

I can *almost* sympathise with those who made their character on the PVP server before there WAS a PVE server... almost, but not quite. When I first looked into Perfect World, the game sounded good, but when i found out that it was free PVP, I completely dismissed it as a game I had no interest in, for that simple fact. Awhile later, when I was told that they'd started a couple of PVE servers, i was like "Oooo! I might actually be interested in playing it now!" I can slightly understand people for whom PK is an annoyance, but not enough to deter them from playing the game entirely, who made a character on PVP before there was an alternative - and then didn't want to abandon the time, effort, and money they'd spent on that to start a new character... but ultimately, the choice to start over on HT or Sanc is now there for them, and has been for quite awhile.
  • cecilwilderbrush
    cecilwilderbrush Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    To the OP.

I'm sorry Sir. You started this thread wanting to remove pk mode from PvE servers mainly due to a cheap kill and the bragging.

However, in your eight pages of diatribe you've continually gloated and bragged about how all these people would be 'owned' on Lost City and that you've only been PK'd once on Sanctuary.

And I don't believe any action in this game makes a person 'chicken ****' - because it's a GAME. Nobody is actually getting killed. They basically drop some objects, lose exp and get transported to the nearest town. Anyone who is 'scared' of that has serious problems. In fact, is it possible that this cleric may have had some kind of issue in-game that caused this guy to track him down? I personally think that what the pk'er did was smart. The flexibility of playing your character your way is one of the main things that attracted me to MMOs in the first place.

Also, if the bragging it bothers you that much, don't display the World Channel. Keep your faction messages on display instead. If it's true you only play on Sanctuary to keep an eye on your faction, you don't need to be on WC.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    To the OP.

I'm sorry Sir. You started this thread wanting to remove pk mode from PvE servers mainly due to a cheap kill and the bragging.

However, in your eight pages of diatribe you've continually gloated and bragged about how all these people would be 'owned' on Lost City and that you've only been PK'd once on Sanctuary.

And I don't believe any action in this game makes a person 'chicken ****' - because it's a GAME. Nobody is actually getting killed. They basically drop some objects, lose exp and get transported to the nearest town. Anyone who is 'scared' of that has serious problems. In fact, is it possible that this cleric may have had some kind of issue in-game that caused this guy to track him down? I personally think that what the pk'er did was smart. The flexibility of playing your character your way is one of the main things that attracted me to MMOs in the first place.

Also, if the bragging it bothers you that much, don't display the World Channel. Keep your faction messages on display instead. If it's true you only play on Sanctuary to keep an eye on your faction, you don't need to be on WC.

I don't gloat. I respond with my opinion. And if you had bothered to actually read more than one line you would have read that my response about only being PK'd once, was to deadbrain because he was bound and determined to try and say I'd been "owned" and thats why I made this thread. Yet only one person on Sanctuary can say they have PK'd me and not be lieing through their tooth. That is where that statement came from. I don't brag and gloat.

I am tired of all the PVE server PKr's acting like their top **** and super uber in world chat and then looking down on the kittens because they don't want to PK. If they were so into PK why are they on a PVE server? The BS about "choice" is just that BS. "I wanna choose when I go out to kill someone" (read this as saying, I want to hover above someone in PK mode and check out their gear and level before I switch to PK mode because I don;t wanna attack someone 20 lvl higher than me and get owned by them but I sure will if they are 20 lvls lower than me).

And no, I have said, over and over again.. if their so big and bad.. why are they hanging with the kittens? Because they can't hang on a pure PVP server? Yup.. pretty damn sure that is why.

I display the world channel, like many others... to see the sales offers that are made there (always looking for a good deal). So your suggestion while understandable, simply doesn't work.

As for the cleric and they guy who pk'd him having an ingame "history" no.. I have talked to the guy who PK'd him, his words "never saw him before, just wanted an easy kill".

Nuff said, I have some fishing to do today. Hope i'll catch a nice Big fat Ahi or a cpl Ono

LK
  • Swifti - Heavens Tear
    Swifti - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i dont know about anyone else but the reason i chose a pve server instead of a pvp server is because i didnt feel like having to deal with getting pked while grinding and doing PVE things(which most of the time im barely paying attention). wanting to be able to relax and grind has nothing to do with how good you are at pvp.

anyway if youre so bothered with what people say over the internet then you must be new to it, removing pk mode wont remove the egos that so many people have
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i dont know about anyone else but the reason i chose a pve server instead of a pvp server is because i didnt feel like having to deal with getting pked while grinding and doing PVE things(which most of the time im barely paying attention). wanting to be able to relax and grind has nothing to do with how good you are at pvp.

anyway if youre so bothered with what people say over the internet then you must be new to it, removing pk mode wont remove the egos that so many people have
    I'm far from "new" to the internet. Again someone who hasn't bothered to read the thread. I've been playing MMO's since Everquest was closed Beta (yes I was a beta tester). I had forgotten how much I despise the e-peenery on PVE servers. As I said (once again) I came to PWI to take a break from the PVP in EVE Online. If I had remembered how much I despised the PK braggerts on PVE servers (Everquest had more than enough of them) I would not have started on Sanctuary.

Back when a 286 processor was top of the line, I was "online".. not that there was a lot of online back then. The internet was mostly BBS's and a bunch of ugly web-pages that we all though were super cool (compared to today.. super basic and flat).

Ego's. Yeah I have one of those as well. I keep it in a jar on my desk to watch it squirm. Every now and then it escapes and raises hell for a while before I can recapture it.

LK
  • Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    wow language no bad assing allowed man kids play pwi too and they end up abusung the language
    "When life gives you arrows give them back ", Divine_Demon b:sin
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    im a mage that pvps quite well in SP and out of it but i only really do that if somone is pizzing me off with their UBER PK SKILLZ

its fun seeing them squeel after being owned by a mage (because mages are kinda gimped in this game)
  • Psynopsis - Heavens Tear
    Psynopsis - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Not signed.

Anyways, sometimes people feel like PK'ing at times, sometimes they don't. So instead of playing on the LC servers, they play on HT, because they feel they can control the "when" aspect of PK'ing better than on the LC servers.

And if you don't like it, keep yourself blue-named. I do.

And if you don't like the bragging, turn off WC. Sometimes, I do that too.
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    PK mode on PVE servers is an aspect of the game.

It's fun.

You dont have to participate if you dont want to.

I dont see why it offends you.

Yes people have egos, it would have to be a combination of insecurity and immaturity rivalling their own to let these seriously get to you. Blacklist is in the game for a reason, and generally you'll find its about 20 or so people on the server who do most of the smack talking.... doesnt take too long to populate that list if you want to get rid of it.

The fact is... the higher you get, the slower it is to level... when your xp is sliding along sharp rocks on its stomach, and you spend a solid day of playtime to get 15% xp or less, you may decide you want some other form of entertainment other than grinding -- if I was you, i wouldnt chase aspects of the game away just because you are yet to enjoy them.
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.