Remove PK mode from PVE servers

Saitada - Sanctuary
Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
This is my personal Opinion. I know a lot of you won't like it. I don't particularly care.

PK mode on PVE servers seriously just makes me laugh. Dudes (and supposed chicks) acting all bad **** and tough on a PVE server because they are in PK mode... but too chicken to play with the Big Dogs on Lost City. If your such a bad **** PK'r why are you on a PVE server? Looks like you have a Battleship Mouth... but a Sailboat **** if you ask me.

Dueling serves the same purpose on a PVE server as PK mode does, minus the possible drops. The biggest difference is, you won't have Chihuahuas puffing their chests up because they can Bark like a German Shepard at the kittens.

As I said above.. if your such a bad **** PK'r... why are you on a PVE server?

Saitada DeGrief - Contagion Leader
Post edited by Saitada - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Because some people just like to have the choice?

definitely /not signed

With a few exceptions, trash talking is not a problem, at least not on HT server. Most of the big mouths went to Lost City anyway... so...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The option is there so that people who want to PvP, without going through the whole dueling thing, can. I haven't seen them acting all big and tough about it.

Dueling is not even close to PK mode. For starters, you can only have a 1v1 in a duel.
    Not signed.

However, let's start another petition to get Saitada's posting privileges removed for posting stupid ideas like this. That one I'll sign.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    jemima wrote: »
    The option is there so that people who want to PvP, without going through the whole dueling thing, can. I haven't seen them acting all big and tough about it.

Dueling is not even close to PK mode. For starters, you can only have a 1v1 in a duel.
    Not signed.

However, let's start another petition to get Saitada's posting privileges removed for posting stupid ideas like this. That one I'll sign.

Bark some more in your high pitched Chihuahua voice. Make me laugh at you even louder than I am already. Read my signature, apply it's advice and swallow the barrel of a shotgun. You won't be missed.

• Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Once again, Saitada, I agree with you in principle, but not in substance. PK mode on a PvE server is pretty darn pointless except for epeen puffery, but it is entirely optional. If you're tired of seeing people fight and boast/whine, ignore them. I've personally never had it impede on my gameplay, and I honestly don't see how it can.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Once again, Saitada, I agree with you in principle, but not in substance. PK mode on a PvE server is pretty darn pointless except for epeen puffery, but it is entirely optional. If you're tired of seeing people fight and boast/whine, ignore them. I've personally never had it impede on my gameplay, and I honestly don't see how it can.

Blacklist is full of idiots already. And generally I do ignore them. My personal opinion of it being optional is rather low.. I've seen people hover above a PK mode player while in Blue.. then switch to PK mode when they have determined the PK mode player can't hurt them.

Had a PK mode player in my squad.. guy comes in the squad blue, checks out the PK mode's level, drops squad switches to PK and kills our cleric... because he (our cleric) was 20 levels lower than him. But he (the guy that switched to PK after checking out the clerics level) was too chicken **** to try the attack before checking.

So yeah.. I've had these lame asses impinge on my game play. I want to PK.. I log off Saitada and log onto the PK server and play there for a while. If it wasn't for my Faction on Sanctuary and the responsibility it entails, i'd never be on Sanctuary playing at all and wouldn't have to be subjected to these... wanna be PK'rs acting like they are something big, bad and special because they are PK'rs on a PVE (carebear) server.

Thats like someone 35 yrs old being proud because they went to a nursery and picked a fight with a 3 month old.

~S
  • Starang - Lost City
    Starang - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Blacklist is full of idiots already. And generally I do ignore them. My personal opinion of it being optional is rather low.. I've seen people hover above a PK mode player while in Blue.. then switch to PK mode when they have determined the PK mode player can't hurt them.

Had a PK mode player in my squad.. guy comes in the squad blue, checks out the PK mode's level, drops squad switches to PK and kills our cleric... because he (our cleric) was 20 levels lower than him. But he (the guy that switched to PK after checking out the clerics level) was too chicken **** to try the attack before checking.

So yeah.. I've had these lame asses impinge on my game play. I want to PK.. I log off Saitada and log onto the PK server and play there for a while. If it wasn't for my Faction on Sanctuary and the responsibility it entails, i'd never be on Sanctuary playing at all and wouldn't have to be subjected to these... wanna be PK'rs acting like they are something big, bad and special because they are PK'rs on a PVE (carebear) server.

Thats like someone 35 yrs old being proud because they went to a nursery and picked a fight with a 3 month old.

~S

Have you ever thought about the fact, that maybe it's actually you....nvm you won't get it anyways.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Have you ever thought about the fact, that maybe it's actually you....nvm you won't get it anyways.

You'd be surprised at what I get. Maybe you should explain yourself a bit more? Also.. don't forget, I did state that all this was MY OWN OPINION. MY OWN FEELINGS, MY OWN THOUGHTS on the subject. I have a nice little Veno on Lost City... and like I said, if it wasn't for my faction and my feeling of responsibility towards it (not to mention the $1200+ i've spent there..) I would not log into Sanctuary again, i'd be playing solely on Lost City.

~S
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    So.. how will the PVE people fight when they get bored at 90+...? b:shocked

Eventually there will probably be a ton of white names. I mean seriously, who would go all the way to 100 just to PVE some more?
  • Purple - Lost City
    Purple - Lost City Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Looks like you have a Battleship Mouth... but a Sailboat **** if you ask me.
    b:chuckle

Moar textzzzzzzzzz
    Wall sniping, ninja tree magic, and medium range artillery. Whine less, please. b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It's simple; PK mode has always been a part of MMORPG. PKing servers are an extension of normal PVE servers for hardcore players who are willing to live their gaming life on the edge and compete with others all the time instead of some of the time. There's no reason to take PK mode off normal servers. Some of us enjoy a good day of PKing before switching back to safer mode to grind in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    So.. how will the PVE people fight when they get bored at 90+...? b:shocked

Eventually there will probably be a ton of white names. I mean seriously, who would go all the way to 100 just to PVE some more?

I can and will. My goal is to reach the max level, **** you all.b:victory

Yes the exp amount is insane, but it won't be the first time I've maxed level in such a game.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • ShadeKitty - Sanctuary
    ShadeKitty - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I agree 100% with Saitada, and I've said it all before. People who go into PK mode on PVE servers are complete morons. Whats even worse though is the fact that they ONLY PK in secret passage, which just adds onto the the idiocy of PVE PKers. IMO, if you absolutly must PK, do it in 3D, not in gravity heavy areas like SP you ****ing cowards...
  • Everon - Heavens Tear
    Everon - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    now days the basics concepts of all MMO's are completely confused. almost everyone play those games just to prove that they can be THE BEST overstuffed higher lvl which can oneshot others b:shocked in my point of view pve servers are made for mature ppl that enjoy the role playing side. b:shutup
  • Hildeborg - Heavens Tear
    Hildeborg - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I petition for the renaming of '' General Discussion '' into '' The Bridge '' because there's so many Trolls lurking under it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, The OP is sure one to talk, what was it just a few weeks ago that the OP was here posting on forums threatening to KOS someone on Sanctuary.....BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

What happened Saitada??? Someone catch you in PK mode with your pants down, and now you're mad because they're not in PK mode anymore so you can't get revenge???b:laugh
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I petition for the renaming of '' General Discussion '' into '' The Bridge '' because there's so many Trolls lurking under it.

Where do I sign? b:victory

Trolls get a vote right? WE HAVE RIGHTS TOO b:cry
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This is my personal Opinion. I know a lot of you won't like it. I don't particularly care.

PK mode on PVE servers seriously just makes me laugh. Dudes (and supposed chicks) acting all bad **** and tough on a PVE server because they are in PK mode... but too chicken to play with the Big Dogs on Lost City. If your such a bad **** PK'r why are you on a PVE server? Looks like you have a Battleship Mouth... but a Sailboat **** if you ask me.

Dueling serves the same purpose on a PVE server as PK mode does, minus the possible drops. The biggest difference is, you won't have Chihuahuas puffing their chests up because they can Bark like a German Shepard at the kittens.

Is this a recording? Didn't you have a similar topic like this, even using the battleship mouth sailboat **** quote? Deja-Vu... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxTORMENTAxx - Heavens Tear
    XxTORMENTAxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Question about PKing someone. If this person who stayed blue and then went white to kill your Cleric. Would that not place them into PK mode for a bit. If this is true then could your group not pummel the you know what out of them for killing your Cleric?

When I read your original story about how the PKer snuck up in Blue name and switched and killed your Cleric I thought it was hilarious and very well played out. Those are the kind of things that make the PK mode a very useful stealthy strategy. If it happened to me then I would be dang that was a very smart way to do it and then plan ways to perhaps get a fun type of revenge because really......."It is just a game and that kill was very well palyed out"....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadeKitty - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Question about PKing someone. If this person who stayed blue and then went white to kill your Cleric. Would that not place them into PK mode for a bit. If this is true then could your group not pummel the you know what out of them for killing your Cleric?

When I read your original story about how the PKer snuck up in Blue name and switched and killed your Cleric I thought it was hilarious and very well played out. Those are the kind of things that make the PK mode a very useful stealthy strategy. If it happened to me then I would be dang that was a very smart way to do it and then plan ways to perhaps get a fun type of revenge because really......."It is just a game and that kill was very well palyed out"....

Yes they could have gone into PK mode and slaughtered the person, but that would leave them vulnerable too, and most people don't want ot be able ot be pked for 10+ hours (10+1 hour per kill i believe it is)
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Blacklist is full of idiots already. And generally I do ignore them. My personal opinion of it being optional is rather low.. I've seen people hover above a PK mode player while in Blue.. then switch to PK mode when they have determined the PK mode player can't hurt them. I witness this, ignore it, and run away to rant on the forums about it.

So yeah.. I've had these lame asses impinge on my game play. I want to PK.. I log off Saitada and log onto the PK server and play there for a while. If it wasn't for my Faction on Sanctuary and the responsibility it entails, i'd never be on Sanctuary playing at all and wouldn't have to be subjected to these... wanna be PK'rs acting like they are something big, bad and special because they are PK'rs on a PVE (carebear) server. But not defected - defected is so cool. defected is my hero.

Thats like someone 35 yrs old being proud because they went to a nursery and picked a fight with a 3 month old. I like pancakes.

~S

You know, you could have just switched to pk mode as well and taken him out. You should use that Lost City pvp experience every once in a while to defend your squadmates when needed...especially if they were in your faction.

This game lacks heroes who will put these submarine-faced pkers in their porthole.

I fail at nautical metaphors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • Jayde_videl - Heavens Tear
    Jayde_videl - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I strongly agree with the OP. On the PvE servers, the only place where any PvP action should take place is during TW battles.
    Jayde_Videl - lvl 6x venomancer - Heavens Tear
    RainbowVidel - lvl 3x venomancer - Sanctuary
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    stupid idea, whats wrong with choice?

I'm sick and tired of ppl complaing about other ppl's choices. wth does it matter to you if they wana pvp or not, just leave them the hell alone and stop judging other ppl.
  • Neios - Sanctuary
    Neios - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2009

~S

In case people would be curious to know (this is humor). b:chuckle

How Many 5 Year Olds could you take in a fight?
  • Baraiai - Sanctuary
    Baraiai - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    /not sign

As much as I could care less to pvp in either Sanctuary or Lost City, I choose Sanctuary because people like you don't brag and spazz in a game just because you pvp on a daily basis. Flame me if you like, but I won't agree to it simply because 'the other two servers are too afraid to play with the 'big dogs'.' >.> Honestly. Lay off insults and you might get a few more signs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadeKitty - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    stupid idea, whats wrong with choice?

I'm sick and tired of ppl complaing about other ppl's choices. wth does it matter to you if they wana pvp or not, just leave them the hell alone and stop judging other ppl.

I really could care less whether people pvp, its the taking every freaking death to world chat that bugs the **** outta me
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, The OP is sure one to talk, what was it just a few weeks ago that the OP was here posting on forums threatening to KOS someone on Sanctuary.....BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

What happened Saitada??? Someone catch you in PK mode with your pants down, and now you're mad because they're not in PK mode anymore so you can't get revenge???b:laugh
    Nope not at all. Whats happened is i'm tired of the PK'rs who "think" their bad ****, but too carebear to go to the real PK server, then having the balls to talk mad **** about how bad they are. Nice troll by the way. your bridge is
    >..

Oh, and if you had spent the time to actually UNDERSTAND my posts.. you'd know and not be chewing on your foot right now, that I play on Lost City as well, and only on Sanctuary to monitor and maintain my Faction. Also... The individual your speaking of.. seems to have vanished from the server. Haven't seen hide nor hair of them since then and you can bet i've been looking for them.

Also. When I switch to PK mode, I expect to get PK'd at any time, by any one, or by more than one. I don't whine or cry about it or complain in local or WC about how unfair it was I got ganked by 7 people or how you caught me while I was on a mob blah blah. When PK.. expect it, at ANY and ALL times, and don't whine or complain when you get killed. The Drama in WC about who's e-peen is bigger is just stupid at this point.

~S
  • Kiralia - Sanctuary
    Kiralia - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If people get pk'd on the pve servers its by their own fault and choosing. Nobody forced them to turn that function on.

The only time I would ever feel sorry for someone for being attacked on pve server is those who get conned by gm's with silly events into turning it on without realising what they are doing.
  • Calibix - Heavens Tear
    Calibix - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    /not signed.

Stupidest thing I've ever read. People who like pvp but can't afford to cash shop thousands of dollars to have the best gear play on PVE optional servers because its more balanced.
  • Nomaad - Heavens Tear
    Nomaad - Heavens Tear Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2009

"Battleship Mouth...but a Sailboat ****" b:victory ...epicb:chuckle
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Cut the offensive language please. I can't be held responsible for some of you if you keep this up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]