About the people crying about flesh ream.

Options
Ren - Lost City
Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Suggestion Box
GMs, just ignore them, it goes both ways.

I've heard that ripping was fixed before on other PW versions, but got changed back because all the foxes cried cause they couldn't kill anything. The same will happen here, especially since you sell phoenixes at such a ridiculous price.

In reality, foxes have pretty bad skills until level 90+, and even full int builds don't do terrific damage. We're SQUISHIER than light mages because we don't have earth barrier. Things that kill me like nothing, have a very hard time killing a light mage with similar gear like Pandora. Without the flesh ream bug, foxes can't do much other than debuff people, or kill lower levels.

Guess what happens when an archer spends on his weapon what foxes spend on their pet? You got Shinzoko two (three max) shotting both heavy, con robe, and light foxes. Without sparking, without critting (but they usually crit anyway...).
Shinzoko does way more damage than my phoenix and myself combined, and that's when he's not even using spark, not to mention those first 4 shots take place while you are stunned.
I fight other foxes using phoenix, and I've actually beaten them when they had the initiative. You just need to use your brain. Pets are stupid, they get stuck, don't respond well, etc. Archers have no such shortcomings...

... and I really shouldnt say this since it gives people an advantage, but I'm 90% sure that air pet damage is halved when attacking a player on land. (air pets aren't reduced when fighting monsters on land though)

Things are fine the way they are, just keep the price of phoenix as high as it is and ignore the crybabies. If the so called "bug" which makes foxes a viable pvp class is fixed, I and many other foxes will quit and you'll lose income. as it is now, you won't lose anything.
Change is not always good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
Post edited by Ren - Lost City on

Comments

• Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    How about fixing Barbarian's Flesh Ream?
    Yesterday i was on a TT 1-2/2-1 run with a barb 72 with his thunderclap axes (TT70) and a veno72 with her herc 59, the barb couldnt keep aggro on himself, pet always stole aggro, and due to his reflect, kept it forever on him.

I swear, barbs cant tank for f*** at the moment, sad but true, they are easily outmatched by veno's new pets. Flesh Ream just generates too little hate/threat.

Not to mention that even venos agree, Bash keeps aggro better than flesh ream on their pets.

Sorry about derailing the topic, but its something critical for barbs.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I always have to turn off my pets skills in TT and such so I don't keep stealing agro from the barb, and I'm just using a golem.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • tankhunter
    tankhunter Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    TT bosses take only 75% of a players damage, this does not apply to pets so they do 100% damage. That is why the pet could hold aggro so well. It outdamaged the tank.
  • XBaelx - Lost City
    XBaelx - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    fine leave flesh ream in but make Blademasters Bleeding stack like Clerics ironheart blessing and give us longer stuns that will even the field a bit for us against Venos BS
  • metalftw
    metalftw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    All's well that ends well.b:victory
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    GMs, just ignore them, it goes both ways.

I've heard that ripping was fixed before on other PW versions, but got changed back because all the foxes cried cause they couldn't kill anything. The same will happen here, especially since you sell phoenixes at such a ridiculous price.

In reality, foxes have pretty bad skills until level 90+, and even full int builds don't do terrific damage. We're SQUISHIER than light mages because we don't have earth barrier. Things that kill me like nothing, have a very hard time killing a light mage with similar gear like Pandora. Without the flesh ream bug, foxes can't do much other than debuff people, or kill lower levels.

Guess what happens when an archer spends on his weapon what foxes spend on their pet? You got Shinzoko two (three max) shotting both heavy, con robe, and light foxes. Without sparking, without critting (but they usually crit anyway...).
    Shinzoko does way more damage than my phoenix and myself combined, and that's when he's not even using spark, not to mention those first 4 shots take place while you are stunned.
    I fight other foxes using phoenix, and I've actually beaten them when they had the initiative. You just need to use your brain. Pets are stupid, they get stuck, don't respond well, etc. Archers have no such shortcomings...

... and I really shouldnt say this since it gives people an advantage, but I'm 90% sure that air pet damage is halved when attacking a player on land. (air pets aren't reduced when fighting monsters on land though)

Things are fine the way they are, just keep the price of phoenix as high as it is and ignore the crybabies. If the so called "bug" which makes foxes a viable pvp class is fixed, I and many other foxes will quit and you'll lose income. as it is now, you won't lose anything.
    Change is not always good.

Let me tell you shinzoko spent A LOT more than 200$ for his weapon and his gear and he still dies to phoenixes who have spend 200$ for a pet and dont even refine their armor. If you looked at a werefox they were meant to be a pve class. They are the best pver's and now are the best pvper's too with the bugged bleed. I wish my class could make an insane amount of money AND be the best in pvp. Take a look at meloveyou, their gear isnt good at all but all they have to do is kite you and bleed with the phoenix and you're dead.
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Perhaps us mages should have our damage tweaked a bit as well, so we can 1 shot people while we run away. It makes sense, no? No... it doesn't. Perhaps if the phoenixes cost somewhere a bit closer to what other classes have to pay to get their uber one-shot skills, it would be fair. Besides, you already bought the phoenix, the GM's have nothing to lose if it was fixed, it's not like the bird doesn't do enough damage by itself, combined with a WF, which most have already forgot they have spells to attack as well.

What you're laying out is a selfish scheme, it's not like mages can do anything either until they reach their 90's. Plus, have you ever heard of a support class? You know, someone that debuffs as their job? Perhaps you should accept it's not very strategical to let a class that can do mad debuffs also deal mad damage, it's unbalancing, WF are their own party, they can even heal themselves and make themselves invulnerable!
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Anyone ever figure out why venos have low damage? They are NOT a damage class in pvp. They are NOT meant to kill anyone. A venos job is to support the rest of the group by debuffing the other guys. Just look at all the skills.
    Main characters
  • Platypuss - Lost City
    Platypuss - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Were not asking to get rid of Flesh Ream were asking for it to reduce its damage to PvP 50% reduced damage just like everything else in PvP. Venos will still be able to kill people ESPECIALLY at 90 when they get good skills. 50% reduced flesh ream still does a considerable amount of damage, because if Cancer whos close to my level does flesh ream and ticks me for 2400 when i have 4000 hp unbuffed.... thats messed up no matter what you say Ren. I basically get soloed by by one veno stun bleed and bleeds bypass my heiro. Theres no defense. Bleed recharges in what like 5 seconds? Never misses? destroys robe users who have low hp and take more damage then ever from bleed. Its overpowered and needs to be dealt with make it how it was planned to be used at 50% for pvp damage. Please fix this GMs
  • Daviiiis - Lost City
    Daviiiis - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    People aren't saying: decrease the phoenix's flesh ream all together, just when attacking a player. Making a player bleed for say 1k-2k dmg per sec? even a wb would be die in 10 seconds, for a cleric, they can purify within a sec, taking a bleed dmg with their life almost gone just to have the bird peck at them.

Its fine if the attack on a monster was kept the same but if flesh ream is used on a player, it should damage for much less. All attacks have been fix when used on a player, why not flesh ream?
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I dont get why venos still say they are gimped without bleed. YOU ARE NOT. You have MORE physical defense than a LA mage.

Earth barrier -Using force energy to form a solid ironbound barrier to surround oneself, and gain a 100% extra earth elemental defense base on equipement, plus an additional 100% of extra physical defense, and lasts for 15 minutes.

Fox Form -Transform oneself into a werefox, under such status can only cast certain types of special skills, furthermore the physical defense increase 120% base on equipment value, precision rate increase 200%, and upper limit of mana point reduce by 20%.

Last time i checked 120% is more than 100%. U have 2 moves to regen ur hp mid battle one 50% hp and the other one (switch) which for most venos will give 100% hp. You have a 79 skill which makes u immune to damage (yes it may stun u but use an anti-stun pot and its free immunity for 10 secs). You have a ridiculously overpowered skill .

Hell Ironwood Scarab - Throw a hardy parasite towards the enemy, causing a basic magic attack with 300% of equipment attack damage, and a 2770.0 of wood elemental damage add-on, and render the enemy in defense reduction for 40% 10 seconds.

Requires 25 vigor.

There is only a 20% chance to impose armour break, but if it succeeded, will cause the enemy's physical defense drop to 0.

This is a 20% chance to make ur pet or any physical class with u 1 shot someone.

Let me explain something to u. Your phoenix without bleed normal hits me for 800 damage faster than a fist bm. That is the same damage i take from archer with the hh90 slingshot +5. A veno with a decent + on their weapon can deal good damage. Cancer's weapon is +5 and she hits me about 1.8k per hit. DONT tell me its only because her weapon is +5 when everyone at 90 has a +5 or more weapon yet hits similar damage with the exception of mages who hit slightly more. Clerics deal about 1.8-2.2. Archer skills deal about 1.3. Please again explain to me how ur class is gimped? Remember all the time im fighting u im taking 800 damage per hit from ur phoenix almost 2 times a second. BUT NO ON TOP OF THIS WE NEEED A BLEED WHICH DOES 2K PER TICK ON ARCHERS. Not to mention u have debuff and amplify plus bramble. Please venos need to stfu about their class is nothing without bleed.

Just to add Shinzoko has spent thousands on his 9x gear alone (weapon +9 gear +7 all 4 socket) yet he still dies 9/10 times to venos with a phoenix and **** gear. So with ur $200 you should be able to easily kill people who have spent $1000+?
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • syl
    syl Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I dont get why venos still say they are gimped without bleed. YOU ARE NOT. You have MORE physical defense than a LA mage.

Earth barrier -Using force energy to form a solid ironbound barrier to surround oneself, and gain a 100% extra earth elemental defense base on equipement, plus an additional 100% of extra physical defense, and lasts for 15 minutes.

Fox Form -Transform oneself into a werefox, under such status can only cast certain types of special skills, furthermore the physical defense increase 120% base on equipment value, precision rate increase 200%, and upper limit of mana point reduce by 20%.

Last time i checked 120% is more than 100%. U have 2 moves to regen ur hp mid battle one 50% hp and the other one (switch) which for most venos will give 100% hp. You have a 79 skill which makes u immune to damage (yes it may stun u but use an anti-stun pot and its free immunity for 10 secs). You have a ridiculously overpowered skill .

Hell Ironwood Scarab - Throw a hardy parasite towards the enemy, causing a basic magic attack with 300% of equipment attack damage, and a 2770.0 of wood elemental damage add-on, and render the enemy in defense reduction for 40% 10 seconds.

Requires 25 vigor.

There is only a 20% chance to impose armour break, but if it succeeded, will cause the enemy's physical defense drop to 0.

This is a 20% chance to make ur pet or any physical class with u 1 shot someone.

Let me explain something to u. Your phoenix without bleed normal hits me for 800 damage faster than a fist bm. That is the same damage i take from archer with the hh90 slingshot +5. A veno with a decent + on their weapon can deal good damage. Cancer's weapon is +5 and she hits me about 1.8k per hit. DONT tell me its only because her weapon is +5 when everyone at 90 has a +5 or more weapon yet hits similar damage with the exception of mages who hit slightly more. Clerics deal about 1.8-2.2. Archer skills deal about 1.3. Please again explain to me how ur class is gimped? Remember all the time im fighting u im taking 800 damage per hit from ur phoenix almost 2 times a second. BUT NO ON TOP OF THIS WE NEEED A BLEED WHICH DOES 2K PER TICK ON ARCHERS. Not to mention u have debuff and amplify plus bramble. Please venos need to stfu about their class is nothing without bleed.

Just to add Shinzoko has spent thousands on his 9x gear alone (weapon +9 gear +7 all 4 socket) yet he still dies 9/10 times to venos with a phoenix and **** gear. So with ur $200 you should be able to easily kill people who have spent $1000+?

ok i was agreeing with u until u wrote the red sentence....u just proved her point
  • Ren - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Please venos need to stfu about their class is nothing without bleed.

Thanks for making a 5 page rant and then proving my point. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• syl
    syl Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    on second thought i think i read it out of context...he's not saying venos are nothing without bleed...but better they need to stop saying they are nothing when they really are very strong b:surrender sry chaotic.
  • powermind
    powermind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Perhaps us mages should have our damage tweaked a bit as well, so we can 1 shot people while we run away. It makes sense, no? No... it doesn't. Perhaps if the phoenixes cost somewhere a bit closer to what other classes have to pay to get their uber one-shot skills, it would be fair. Besides, you already bought the phoenix, the GM's have nothing to lose if it was fixed, it's not like the bird doesn't do enough damage by itself, combined with a WF, which most have already forgot they have spells to attack as well.

What you're laying out is a selfish scheme, it's not like mages can do anything either until they reach their 90's. Plus, have you ever heard of a support class? You know, someone that debuffs as their job? Perhaps you should accept it's not very strategical to let a class that can do mad debuffs also deal mad damage, it's unbalancing, WF are their own party, they can even heal themselves and make themselves invulnerable!

Good post A+
  • Latentkarma - Lost City
    Latentkarma - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ya'll must be some weak **** barbs and blades if a lower level veno kills you with a Phoenix. At 70, my phoenix and I die equally to barbs and blades of the same level (and some of lower level. It just depends on who gets the stun in first, my pet, or you). In case ya'll ain't figured it out, Stun the Veno BEFORE they send their pet in.. and they can't send their pet in until the stun drops. Get the stun first, you win. Miss it, and the Veno wins.

Wizzies and Archers... I don't remember offhand if you have a stun or not (haven't played one) but if you do.. same thing. Get that stun in first and you will most likely win, not lose.

Clerics, I KNOW you can win against my Veno.. been owned by a few of you a few times. Even after I got the jump on you.

Tactics. If you fail at them.. you die. If your unable to adjust, much like the Dinosaurs.. you die out. Veno's are not Omnipotent. We die to good tactics, and smart players. As it's said in the EVE Universe... Adjust or Die. If you can't adjust, when you leave... be sure to mail me your stuff. K Thanks.

LK
  • Ren - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ya'll must be some weak **** barbs and blades if a lower level veno kills you with a Phoenix. At 70, my phoenix and I die equally to barbs and blades of the same level (and some of lower level. It just depends on who gets the stun in first, my pet, or you). In case ya'll ain't figured it out, Stun the Veno BEFORE they send their pet in.. and they can't send their pet in until the stun drops. Get the stun first, you win. Miss it, and the Veno wins.

Wizzies and Archers... I don't remember offhand if you have a stun or not (haven't played one) but if you do.. same thing. Get that stun in first and you will most likely win, not lose.

Clerics, I KNOW you can win against my Veno.. been owned by a few of you a few times. Even after I got the jump on you.

Tactics. If you fail at them.. you die. If your unable to adjust, much like the Dinosaurs.. you die out. Veno's are not Omnipotent. We die to good tactics, and smart players. As it's said in the EVE Universe... Adjust or Die. If you can't adjust, when you leave... be sure to mail me your stuff. K Thanks.

LK
    This man is wise beyond his 10 levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• TameThat - Sanctuary
    TameThat - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Chaotiic -> You need to learn a little bit more about Venomancer class first. First, you can only use fox form skill when you are in fox form. In fox form, you can't use ironwood scarab and all the damage dealing skill. The only thing you have is debuff in fox form. So you have to make a choice either you have 120% bonus defence and only debuff or you have good damage dealing skill a weak defence. You don't have both at same time as you let it seems. On the opposite side I could say it's overpowered for mage to have their good damage dealing skill while they can have at same time their bonus defence.

For bramble this isn't extraordinary on a robe user if you consider that fact that they have relatively low HP. This skill was first design to be really good on tank class like Blademaster or Barbarian. Only bramble hood is really nice, but it doesn't last too long and it requieres 2 sparks.

I will also make you notice that venomancer have no decent AOE skill and stun.
    ~~~ My Guides ~~~

Mystical Tome (h ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250862)
    AOE Grinding with Venomancer (h ttp://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Guide_to_AOE_Grinding_With_Venomancer)
  • Ren - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The aoes aren't that bad, aside from the fact they do less damage in a 3 sec cast than 1 hit from sustained aoes like other classes have.... cough archer mage cough
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• TameThat - Sanctuary
    TameThat - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This man is wise beyond his 10 levels.

She actually has a level 70 Venomancer on Sanctuary b:laugh
    ~~~ My Guides ~~~

Mystical Tome (h ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250862)
    AOE Grinding with Venomancer (h ttp://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Guide_to_AOE_Grinding_With_Venomancer)
  • Platypuss - Lost City
    Platypuss - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Why can you not accept the fact that all they need to do is reduce bleed by 50% and all is well with the world. The fact that your other half one DoT people is **** in all sense. your pet not even a veno is required to take down robies and light armours. reduce the damage by half and make venos actually have to work for their kills... you know involve skills
    edited February 2009
    Options
    reduce the damage by half and make venos actually have to work for their kills... you know involve skills
    My PERSONAL feelings on this. If the Veno with the phoenix isn't attacking with spells as well... meh. I very very rarely use my phoenix w/o also nuking the hell out of something, or using my wf skills to debuff etc. But then.. I'm an active fighter, I hate standing back and doing nothing unless I am forced to heal my pet constantly to keep it alive.

LK
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I don't have a phoenix right now but I do plan to get one. I will NEVER teach it flesh ream and I'll still kill everyone just fine becuase I know how to play my class. Debuff and let the rest of the group kill. =p
    Main characters
  • powermind
    powermind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Every one knows phoenix is overpowerd trying to just justify it is laughable...
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options

Requires 25 vigor.

Let me explain something to u. Your phoenix without bleed normal hits me for 800 damage faster than a fist bm. That is the same damage i take from archer with the hh90 slingshot +5. A veno with a decent + on their weapon can deal good damage. Cancer's weapon is +5 and she hits me about 1.8k per hit. DONT tell me its only because her weapon is +5 when everyone at 90 has a +5 or more weapon yet hits similar damage with the exception of mages who hit slightly more. Clerics deal about 1.8-2.2. Archer skills deal about 1.3. Please again explain to me how ur class is gimped? Remember all the time im fighting u im taking 800 damage per hit from ur phoenix almost 2 times a second. BUT NO ON TOP OF THIS WE NEEED A BLEED WHICH DOES 2K PER TICK ON ARCHERS. Not to mention u have debuff and amplify plus bramble. Please venos need to stop saying their class is nothing without bleed.

Fixed as the wording was bad b:surrender
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options

LK

Phoenix has its own stun so the veno can stay out of range, stun with phoenix, come into range wait 1 second and use your stun thus chain-stunning ur opponent so they get to sit and watch themselves die. And of course there is always the personal favourite of many venos...send phoenix to bleed whilst running away allow to simmer for 3-5 seconds b4 returning to add a light sprinkle of "WTFPAWNED LOL" and serve whilst hot to teleporter in nearest town Sorry sanctuary players i just taught this veno how to **** u without u ever getting a chance to fighting backb:surrender. Only fair u get the same treatment as those foolish enough to fight venos with phoenix on LC.

DOUBLE POST LA
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Murugan - Lost City
    Murugan - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I figured I'd join in on the ranting :P

Yesterday I saw a 4x veno killing a 6x archer with her phoenix. If you say that being able to pk 20 lvls higher than you is balanced...

Most people also aren't mentioning the fact that the veno class is supposed to be a PvE class (I did see one person mention it). If you want to argue with me about this, try soloing Gouf-Styxtauren Chief with any other class (another glitch, of course). Also, please tell me another class that is easily able to grind on mobs 10 lvls higher than it. Emphasis on the word "easily."

The PvP classes are meant to be Mages and Archers. Don't really care if you guys disagree with me on this, but it really is hard as hell to battle mobs with those guys (I have a lvl 70 mage on Delphi, so I know a little about this xD). The amount of damage they do is outstanding, but even so, they cannot pk 10 lvls higher than themselves, much less 20...
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I figured I'd join in on the ranting :P

Yesterday I saw a 4x veno killing a 6x archer with her phoenix. If you say that being able to pk 20 lvls higher than you is balanced...

Most people also aren't mentioning the fact that the veno class is supposed to be a PvE class (I did see one person mention it). If you want to argue with me about this, try soloing Gouf-Styxtauren Chief with any other class (another glitch, of course). Also, please tell me another class that is easily able to grind on mobs 10 lvls higher than it. Emphasis on the word "easily."

The PvP classes are meant to be Mages and Archers. Don't really care if you guys disagree with me on this, but it really is hard as hell to battle mobs with those guys (I have a lvl 70 mage on Delphi, so I know a little about this xD). The amount of damage they do is outstanding, but even so, they cannot pk 10 lvls higher than themselves, much less 20...

Its true venos used to be gods of pve and good if played well in pvp. Now anyone can pick up a phoenix and destroy people.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Xiphox - Lost City
    Xiphox - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hmmm you forgot to add the fact that foxforms curses really mess up ppl in pvp besides their debuff and amp
    Xipox-7X MG-LC-#3 in pvp rankings-b:pleased 3198 hp unbuffedb:victory
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Phoenix has its own stun so the veno can stay out of range, stun with phoenix, come into range wait 1 second and use your stun thus chain-stunning ur opponent so they get to sit and watch themselves die. And of course there is always the personal favourite of many venos...send phoenix to bleed whilst running away allow to simmer for 3-5 seconds b4 returning to add a light sprinkle of "WTFPAWNED LOL" and serve whilst hot to teleporter in nearest town Sorry sanctuary players i just taught this veno how to **** u without u ever getting a chance to fighting backb:surrender. Only fair u get the same treatment as those foolish enough to fight venos with phoenix on LC.

DOUBLE POST LA

Phoenix's stun has a 60 second recast time. Last I looked, our stun, dependant on level.. doesn't last very long. 1.1 seconds for lucky scarab (at mines current level.. but then I haven't leveld it either) and all of 4.0 seconds (if it hits for a lvl 2 skill) for parasitic nova (again I haven't got either skill leveled up to my current level so can't comment on their effects when leveled higher than lvl 2.).

But those are good tactics (takes notes) Thanks.

LK